Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 10:24 AM   #426
flavio_lebeau
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Please let her wear something like this. This may be the last chance:

I think we're getting Storm in green jump suits. I mean, if they are imprisoned, there's no room for fancy costumes, especially since they used to wear very very toned down ones in the main trilogy.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:25 AM   #427
Electrix
Side-Kick

They won't have the future cast in green jump suits for the whole movie.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:29 AM   #428
flavio_lebeau
Side-Kick

Do we know that for sure? I'm following the comics...

Old 03-16-2013, 10:36 AM   #429
Electrix
Side-Kick

I'm sure some future X-Men will be imprisoned but they don't have to wear the same clothes and they might not be imprisoned for the entire movie.

Imprisoned X-Men = not many sentinel fights.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:36 AM   #430
Great Mind(s)
Broken

I hope half of them are in jumpsuits the whole time. With M tattoos...

Old 03-16-2013, 10:40 AM   #431
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
I hope half of them are in jumpsuits the whole time. With M tattoos...
Not the same timeline.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:43 AM   #432
Great Mind(s)
Broken

In the comics...but it would add to the imagery of the movie.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:34 AM   #433
SterlingDee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
It definitely seems like the possible billing. With Anna once again getting the "and" credit. And everyone after her getting the Cudmore, Kea Wong treatment.
Exactly. I think this is probably the billing order. Why would Anna Paquin's photo be placed with the lesser known actors and after Shawn Ashmore's pic? Kind of an insult to an Oscar winner with a popular show. Anna's there because that's her order in the credits (with the prestige credit: "and...").

Bryan is telling us that there is one more major character to be announced (the spot in front of Halle Berry) and five more minor characters. I'm guessing the major character is either a well known actor or a major character from previous films.

Old 03-16-2013, 12:13 PM   #434
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

So i was reading up about some "Apocalypse" rumors, and with blink included, it kinda makes me wonder if Singer might be some what combining AoA with DoFP.

I think it's already clear we probably arn't getting a direct adaptation of the story

Old 03-16-2013, 12:33 PM   #435
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter313 View Post
Not the same timeline.
Well the chances of another X-Men time traveling movie are slim to none since it would most likely be viewed as retreading the same ground. So I say cram as much iconic dystopian X-Future imagery as is possible in this film.

Plus, the Bishop and Days of Future Past storylines were mixed together in the X-Men TAS adaptation so it's not entirely unprecedented.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:42 PM   #436
EnDz0n3
Marvel Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingDee View Post
Bryan is telling us that there is one more major character to be announced (the spot in front of Halle Berry) and five more minor characters. I'm guessing the major character is either a well known actor or a major character from previous films.
This sounds like Nightcrawler to me. As marvelrobbins likes to remind us, we are conveniently forgetting that even though Alan Cumming has recently come out saying he hasn't been contacted, Ashmore was in the same boat and a couple days later he was announced.

But what's troubling is this tweet was the perfect opportunity for Singer to denounce that "Alan Cumming isn't returning rumor. So maybe this isn't Nightcrawler

Old 03-16-2013, 02:49 PM   #437
notahipster
Side-Kick

If they show Apocalypse in a clip between credits like Thanos in Avengers, I will be pleased. It will give us a clue about what the future X-Men movies will be about.

Old 03-16-2013, 02:54 PM   #438
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
This sounds like Nightcrawler to me. As marvelrobbins likes to remind us, we are conveniently forgetting that even though Alan Cumming has recently come out saying he hasn't been contacted, Ashmore was in the same boat and a couple days later he was announced.

But what's troubling is this tweet was the perfect opportunity for Singer to denounce that "Alan Cumming isn't returning rumor. So maybe this isn't Nightcrawler
But he didn't denounce it, that means he may be ready to reveal it. Or maybe it's Kelsey Grammar.

Old 03-16-2013, 02:59 PM   #439
MarvelU
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by notahipster View Post
If they show Apocalypse in a clip between credits like Thanos in Avengers, I will be pleased. It will give us a clue about what the future X-Men movies will be about.
It would be cool if Apocalypse makes his way to the past and then the X-men can continue, with a young Magneto, Xavier and possibly a younger Storm, Jean, Cyclops, Angel, and others.

Old 03-16-2013, 02:59 PM   #440
cheungcheung
Side-Kick

Nightcrawler is not needed if blink is confirmed

Old 03-16-2013, 04:41 PM   #441
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
Exactly. I think this is probably the billing order. Why would Anna Paquin's photo be placed with the lesser known actors and after Shawn Ashmore's pic? Kind of an insult to an Oscar winner with a popular show. Anna's there because that's her order in the credits (with the prestige credit: "and...").
Hmm, not so sure about that. In my opinion, Anna is definitely not as big of a star (especially in terms of name recognition) as Halle Berry. Beyond Cloud Atlas, Halle's been fairly quiet in the theaters and yet somehow she is still dominating the media and award shows circuits constantly. In addition, Halle has always been in the top billed 4 actors in the trilogy (and received 2nd billing in X3), so I have a hard time believing that this franchise's biggest female star wouldn't get the prestige credit in favor of a less popular actress. They both have Oscars however, so I guess it could be a toss-up but I doubt it.

I'm more leaning to this photo placement demonstrates the characters' relevance to the story...which deeply bothers me because once again Logan is on top and is followed by Mystique which is just...weird. But that's studio politics for ya I guess. I realize that they aren't following the DoFP comics to the letter but if they were, Storm and Kitty would be way closer to Logan on this list. But the fact they are on the top row shows they will have bigger roles in the overall cast.

EDIT: Just checked and realized that Anna had the "and" credit in both of Bryan's past X-films. So who knows...

Last edited by Lightning Strykez!; 03-16-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:54 PM   #442
marvelrobbins
Banned User

Anna's getting the credit she got In X-Men and X2.And I seriously dodut Mystique Is
more Important to story than both Xavier and Magneto.

Old 03-16-2013, 04:57 PM   #443
JP
Smelly

Definitely.

It's billing. Hugh and Jenn are the biggest stars in the film. Expect them front and center in th advertising.

Old 03-16-2013, 05:04 PM   #444
marvelrobbins
Banned User

And before people start freaking out on wolverine's role remember he could only be In future scenes.And future scenes may only be between 40 minutes and 1 hour.Maybe 40 minutes
Is most likely.Hugh Is getting top billing since's he's biggest star and wolverine Is most popular X-Man.In films sometimes bigger stars get top billing even when they receive less
screen time.

Old 03-16-2013, 05:13 PM   #445
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
And before people start freaking out on wolverine's role remember he could only be In future scenes.And future scenes may only be between 40 minutes and 1 hour.Maybe 40 minutes
Is most likely.Hugh Is getting top billing since's he's biggest star and wolverine Is most popular X-Man.In films sometimes bigger stars get top billing even when they receive less
screen time.
Okay but let's follow that logic for a moment. You're saying then Nicholas Hoult is a bigger star than Peter Dinklage, two Oscar winners (Halle and Anna) and Academy Award-nominated actors (i.e. Ellen Page--I think)? That doesn't quite add up either...it's not like Jack The Giant Slayer exactly put him on the map.

This placement can't be solely based on star power; there are too many inconsistencies.

Last edited by Lightning Strykez!; 03-16-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:24 PM   #446
marvelrobbins
Banned User

Hoult's getting the billing because he plays a larger role.Hugh and Jennifer are getting the billing as 2 bigest stars.Then It goes to both Xaviers and Magnetos and then him.They don't do credits entirely on who the bigger star Is.Usually the first couple are bigger star.In X2 Brain Cox was billed In middle and for first class Kevin bacon got an and credit.Anna Is likely getting the and credit she got for X-Men and X2.I doudt Omar Sy and Shawn Ashmore are bigger than Anna but It makes sense they ahead of her If they are giving Anna the and credit she got on first 2 films.

Old 03-16-2013, 05:26 PM   #447
SterlingDee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
Hmm, not so sure about that. In my opinion, Anna is definitely not as big of a star (especially in terms of name recognition) as Halle Berry. Beyond Cloud Atlas, Halle's been fairly quiet in the theaters and yet somehow she is still dominating the media and award shows circuits constantly. In addition, Halle has always been in the top billed 4 actors in the trilogy (and received 2nd billing in X3), so I have a hard time believing that this franchise's biggest female star wouldn't get the prestige credit in favor of a less popular actress. They both have Oscars however, so I guess it could be a toss-up but I doubt it.

I'm more leaning to this photo placement demonstrates the characters' relevance to the story...which deeply bothers me because once again Logan is on top and is followed by Mystique which is just...weird. But that's studio politics for ya I guess. I realize that they aren't following the DoFP comics to the letter but if they were, Storm and Kitty would be way closer to Logan on this list. But the fact they are on the top row shows they will have bigger roles in the overall cast.

EDIT: Just checked and realized that Anna had the "and" credit in both of Bryan's past X-films. So who knows...
Yes, that's what I based my posts on. I wasn't just guessing that Anna would get that credit. Also, honestly, it would be an insult to an actress like Anna Paquin to be placed after someone like Shawn Ashmore in any kind of ranking. We're not just talking actors' ego here, but there are politics with agents/managers/publicists. It would be the most diplomatic and easiest to just show them in billing order, and I think that's what these pictures represent.

Berry may have been billed alphabetically among the ensemble in X1 and X2 and apparently negotiated a top billing in her X3 contract. She doesn't have the clout to negotiate anything this time so she'll get whatever credit she's assigned.

Old 03-16-2013, 05:26 PM   #448
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins
Hlot's getting the billing because he plays a larger role.Hugh and Jennifer are getting the billing as 2 bigest stars.Then It goes to both Xaviers and Magnetos and then him.They don't do credits entirely on who the bigger star Is.Usually the first couple are bigger star.In X2 Brain Cox was billed In middle and for first class Kevin bacon got an and credit.Anna Is likely getting the and credit she got for X-Men and X2.I doudt Omar Sy and Shawn Ashmore are bigger than Anna but It makes sense they ahead of her If they are giving Anna the and credit she got on first 2 films.
That makes sense. We'll see I guess. Didn't Patrick get the "and" prestige credit in X3?

Old 03-16-2013, 05:28 PM   #449
marvelrobbins
Banned User

yep Patrick got the and credit In last stand after getting top billing in first 2 films.

Old 03-16-2013, 05:54 PM   #450
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Berry may have been billed alphabetically among the ensemble in X1 and X2 and apparently negotiated a top billing in her X3 contract. She doesn't have the clout to negotiate anything this time so she'll get whatever credit she's assigned.
Um...huh?

Halle Berry is still in the top 20 rankings of highest paid actresses commanding $10 million-plus per film. No other X-Men actress at this point has a yearly higher salary than her so to think she doesn't have the clout to negotiate "anything this time" is inaccurate.

Closed Thread