The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Preacher

Old 08-23-2017, 02:17 PM   #101
Dugath
Side-Kick

Default Re: Preacher: Season Two

Ya, normally I can watch it and be ok. its atl east interesting. But last nights was meh.

I do not like to point this out but,

J - Take me to see the messiah
H - No
J - Uses power
H - Ok.

H - put this hood on
J- awww .. ok.

Why not use the power, say "I dont need a hood".

Pretty trusting when they tried killing you and your friends.

Old 08-23-2017, 04:01 PM   #102
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Global Moderator

I actually thought this weeks show was hilarious

Twitter- @mrpink13
marcvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 11:49 AM   #103
hellblazer103
Nasty Piece of Work

With last night's episode , idk how people can still say this is nothing like the comics. This season has been capturing the anti-PC vibe and offensiveness of the comics tremendously. Season 1 was pretty damn tame in comparison to the comics , and this is definitely a step up.

hellblazer103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 07:57 PM   #104
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellblazer103 View Post
With last night's episode , idk how people can still say this is nothing like the comics. This season has been capturing the anti-PC vibe and offensiveness of the comics tremendously. Season 1 was pretty damn tame in comparison to the comics , and this is definitely a step up.
Because you are ignoring that the show's Jesse and Tulip are completely different characters. This is just like looking at Snyder's Superman or the Origins Deadpool. When the main and major characters are nothing like the source material, the adaptation won't feel like the source material. This isn't complicated, at all. You are simply ignoring it.

I also think it is a little telling this show is bleeding viewers so badly. It isn't appealing all that well to the fans or tv viewers all that much.

Old 08-25-2017, 08:23 PM   #105
hellblazer103
Nasty Piece of Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Because you are ignoring that the show's Jesse and Tulip are completely different characters. This is just like looking at Snyder's Superman or the Origins Deadpool. When the main and major characters are nothing like the source material, the adaptation won't feel like the source material. This isn't complicated, at all. You are simply ignoring it.

I also think it is a little telling this show is bleeding viewers so badly. It isn't appealing all that well to the fans or tv viewers all that much.
I never said that Jesse and Tulip didn't seem off to me . I even stated that the characterization of Jesse irks me. Jesse in the comics is a charming character who you can actually root for, who wants no part in being a preacher and wants to basically find God and kick the **** out of him. Jesse in the show, however, still has yet to realize how full of **** God really is and is still in complete worship and devotion to him , they totally ruined his relationship with his father, and he more-often-than-not comes off as not only a hypocrite, but an egotistical, borderline psychopath. It's so off that the version of Jesse we see in Eugene's hell doesn't really seem much different from the real Jesse. It's annoying as hell, pun not intended. However, what's got me still strapped in is that most other things are pretty onpoint ( without being 100 percent EXACTLY like the comics, obviously ) , and if they can have Tulip showing a more vulnerable, human side to her, there's still some hope they can do the same for Jesse.

Last edited by hellblazer103; 08-25-2017 at 08:33 PM.
Old 08-28-2017, 08:08 PM   #106
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

So apparently this bit in tonight's cold open with young Jesse put in a coffin and submerged is something right out of the comic. Having never read it, the more I hear people say this scene or that is ripped from the comic, the more I'm interested in reading it.

NotNickFury is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 08:58 PM   #107
Morg
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

she's mailing the guns? why can't she just bury them?

Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 01:10 AM   #108
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morg View Post
She knows he'd find them? Honestly, I don't know. But I hope she sent them to three different places.

Old 08-29-2017, 07:35 AM   #109
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

Interesting that Preacher got to use an uncensored F-bomb. It was said last year, but was muted. Wonder if this will also be a once a season thing like Breaking Bad.

Old 08-31-2017, 10:45 PM   #110
Lighthouse
Fairness, Equality, Bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morg View Post
This is when the show really lost me. I know this is supposed to be tongue and cheek, but literally no one would do this. It's horrible script writing for a lame joke. "Haha, they put stamps on the guns and mailed them!! It's funny because people don't do that!" There is no reason for them to do that at all.

Old 09-01-2017, 01:57 PM   #111
hellblazer103
Nasty Piece of Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotNickFury View Post
Interesting that Preacher got to use an uncensored F-bomb. It was said last year, but was muted. Wonder if this will also be a once a season thing like Breaking Bad.
When tf was it said last season ? I don't even remember that.

Old 09-01-2017, 10:22 PM   #112
Sawyer
High King

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotNickFury View Post
I think FX has kicked off a bit of a change where the basic cable nets have loosened their sphincters where the F word is concerned. The People v. OJ Simpson and Feud both had them. I can't imagine that will be it for AMC. TWD better let Negan in on that s***.

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 10:37 AM   #113
hellblazer103
Nasty Piece of Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I think FX has kicked off a bit of a change where the basic cable nets have loosened their sphincters where the F word is concerned. The People v. OJ Simpson and Feud both had them. I can't imagine that will be it for AMC. TWD better let Negan in on that s***.
Don't forget Taboo....

" The ****ING AMERICANS ! "

I hope this idea of " one f bomb per season" means we'll get to hear/see Jesse say "where the **** is your chin ?" To a white supremacist in the future , lol

Last edited by hellblazer103; 09-03-2017 at 11:00 AM.
Old 09-11-2017, 09:22 PM   #114
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

And Mr. Robot, too. And to answer your question, hellblazer, in the very first episode when Jesse is in the church and talking to God, he says 'F*** you too,' but the F-bomb is muted. Not bleeped, just muted.

Curious where we'll be going next season now that Tulip's fate is up in the air, but did really enjoy the ongoing dynamic between Eugene and Hitler. Never thought I'd find myself rooting for Hitler to escape Hell.

Old 09-11-2017, 11:08 PM   #115
Guts
My love for you

If a season 3 happens, I think the guy in the dog suit will be revealed as Jesus De Sade rather than God. Or in the tv show Jesus De Sade is God.

Guts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 11:37 PM   #116
Slick
Yup

This season started out pretty good but became uneven in the middle but that finale was awesome.

Old 09-14-2017, 11:40 AM   #117
hellblazer103
Nasty Piece of Work

This season was leaps and bounds better than s1. I absolutely loved it.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I think it's waaaay too early to create such a rift in Jesse and Cassidy's relationship, especially to the point where Cass says to Jesse " I HATE you " (something that never happened in the comics and probably never would have because Cass always tried to come off as Jesse's " best mate " and all) , but the way they did it was extremely compelling, I'll give em that. It's gonna take something huge ( if anything ) to get their friendship back to the way it was before ( only to destroy it even further if they actually do decide to go by the comic storyline at all ) , so I'm interested in seeing how they'll go about it. I don't think Grandma will resurrect Tulip willingly, and if she's got any of the racism of the Grandma in the books, she'll DEFINITELY not wanna resurrect a mixed Tulip so that she and Jesse can be together again, so perhaps this is where God will come in and bring back Tulip himself. I still am on the fence about the whole " dog costume " thing, but that could potentially factor in a portrayal of God that's even MORE offensive than the version in the comics. Should be interesting.

Old 09-14-2017, 01:52 PM   #118
Comics
Side-Kick

I really wish S2 hadn't been fenced off in this one thread.

I really enjoy the show as someone who hasn't read the comics. It's compelling enough to be one of the only weekly must-see shows for me recently.

Comics is offline   Reply With Quote