The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

View Poll Results: Who Will Win the 2012-13 NBA Championship?
Atlanta Hawks 0 0%
Boston Celtics 1 4.00%
Brooklyn Nets 0 0%
Chicago Bulls 0 0%
Denver Nuggets 0 0%
Golden State Warriors 0 0%
Houston Rockets 0 0%
Indiana Pacers 0 0%
Los Angeles Clippers 2 8.00%
Los Angeles Lakers 0 0%
Memphis Grizzlies 0 0%
Miami Heat 17 68.00%
Milwaukee Bucks 0 0%
New York Knicks 4 16.00%
Oklahoma City Thunder 0 0%
San Antonio Spurs 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2013, 09:45 PM   #951
SolarTiger
Side-Kick
 
SolarTiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,786
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Chasing the Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggyman View Post
Merci!

Don't forget Landry Fields and Linas Kleiza!



Maybe I do over-exaggerate a bit (of course I did), but we will be making some noise in the East next year...I can assure you of that.
What do you qualify as "making some noise"?

Finishing 7th/8th? Meh, possibly. But that means you guys replace the Bucks as a first round bye for the Heat. Not really exciting.

SolarTiger is offline  
Old 05-18-2013, 10:22 PM   #952
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing
 
Hound55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Merry old land of Aust.
Posts: 10,954
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Chasing the Dream

Pretty much. If the Raptors are going to be "exciting" then the past 5 seasons of the Hawks have been "absolutely pant-s***tingly exhilarating".

__________________
[/JOKE]

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Hound55 is offline  
Old 05-18-2013, 10:30 PM   #953
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing
 
Hound55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Merry old land of Aust.
Posts: 10,954
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Chasing the Dream

Roy Hibbert says "No".

Bloody impressive block, best I've seen in a long time.

__________________
[/JOKE]

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Hound55 is offline  
Old 05-18-2013, 11:30 PM   #954
runawayboulder
2016 NFL Pick Em CHAMP
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On the edge
Posts: 19,833
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Chasing the Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggyman View Post
Merci!

Don't forget Landry Fields and Linas Kleiza!



Maybe I do over-exaggerate a bit (of course I did), but we will be making some noise in the East next year...I can assure you of that.
Eh, you're not gonna get much more out of me tonight.....not after my team laid a big fat egg in Game 6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound55 View Post
Roy Hibbert says "No".

Bloody impressive block, best I've seen in a long time.
It was very impressive and the play of the game. I'm sooooooo disappointed as a Knicks fan right now and it's something I'm way too used to.

Basically, their crap first half came back and caught up with them. Chandler was completely awful defensively this series and JR Smith was even worse from an offensive perspective. Please JR.....opt out. You'll be doing us a favor in NY. Good luck trying to get 10+ million a year from someone, I'm sure there are plenty of suckers out there in the league that will give it to you.

Time to go play "keep em or dump em" on NYDailyNews.com

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
This is a message board...no one killed your mother or had sex with your dog.....try to move on in life.
runawayboulder is offline  
Old 05-18-2013, 11:53 PM   #955
Poeman
Banned User
 
Poeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In the town with no name
Posts: 11,317
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Chasing the Dream

Freethrow disparity in last 3 games:
Knicks - 49
Pacers - 109

Fouls:
Knicks - 93
Pacers - 52

Refs were poor in game 6, they called alot of ticky tack calls on the Knicks but there was rarely any in favor of the Knicks. In either case, Melo couldnt do it alone and they had a poor series from JR Smith and they just were not ready in game 3 and 4.

Will need to find a way to reshape the team for the better next year. If there is a will, hopefully there is a way to unload stat.

P.S. Lets see if the refs believe in principle of versatility when Lebron goes up on Hibbert and if there are calls or not

Poeman is offline  
Old 05-19-2013, 12:07 AM   #956
SolarTiger
Side-Kick
 
SolarTiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,786
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Chasing the Dream

Knicks need to restructure their roster this summer. Chandler was a giant disappointment in the playoffs. He isn't a guy that you bring in as a core piece, in Dallas he was the last piece of the puzzle, the x factor that took them over the top. He's not a max contract guy. And JR? This dude too busy trying to hook up with Rihanna at the club rather than focusing on the task on hand. You can't go deep in the playoffs with him as your second best player.

Knicks need to see if they can dump Chandler on some team (because no one will take Amare) and then make some plays during FA.

SolarTiger is offline  
Old 05-19-2013, 12:37 AM   #957
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!
 
Docker2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Neva Neva land
Posts: 23,863
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Chasing the Dream

Agreed. Everyone says Tyson anchors the defense but dude can't score to save a newborn baby. Watching the playoffs, I can't believe you have people blaming this on Melo. He had absolutely no help and Woodson didn't help with his absolutely horrible rotations. Smith played horrible this entire series and instead of sitting him, he played him like crazy and barely gave Copeland and Novak and run, despite Indy's obvious offense woes. I'm predicting Miami in 5 because all the Knicks had to do was run against them but Woodson would not adjust. People say Melo is horrible in the playoffs but if I'm not mistaken, isn't woody like 1-12 in the second round? Dude is a average/mediocre coach with veterans that made him look good.

Docker2.0 is offline  
Old 05-19-2013, 01:13 AM   #958
JaD
Thriller Night
 
JaD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 21,133
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Chasing the Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound55 View Post
Roy Hibbert says "No".

Bloody impressive block, best I've seen in a long time.
Best block in the playoffs since Ben Wallace's on Shaq back in... I think '06?

__________________

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
JaD is offline  
Old 05-19-2013, 01:25 AM   #959
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing
 
Hound55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Merry old land of Aust.
Posts: 10,954
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Chasing the Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
Agreed. Everyone says Tyson anchors the defense but dude can't score to save a newborn baby. Watching the playoffs, I can't believe you have people blaming this on Melo. He had absolutely no help and Woodson didn't help with his absolutely horrible rotations. Smith played horrible this entire series and instead of sitting him, he played him like crazy and barely gave Copeland and Novak and run, despite Indy's obvious offense woes. I'm predicting Miami in 5 because all the Knicks had to do was run against them but Woodson would not adjust. People say Melo is horrible in the playoffs but if I'm not mistaken, isn't woody like 1-12 in the second round? Dude is a average/mediocre coach with veterans that made him look good.
I don't blame this on Melo. This series was always going to be "what do the Knicks have outside of Melo" because he was always going to have a "disappointing" series getting covered by Paul George.

Hell, this was probably the best game he was having on George and he was doing pretty well letting the game come to him until the fourth when the Knicks left ball movement at the door (which had seen opportunities develop and get finished by guys like Shump) and tried to force things through their star, which was too easily shut down.

__________________
[/JOKE]

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Hound55 is offline  
Old 05-19-2013, 01:35 AM   #960
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing
 
Hound55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Merry old land of Aust.
Posts: 10,954
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Chasing the Dream

Actually, I'll rephrase that and say "use other guys to keep the Pacers defense honest" rather than attribute it to ball movement because I haven't seen the full game yet to consider their ball movement in this game.

Got dragged in and out of the room to run errands and will have to settle for watching recording later.

Hound55 is offline  
Old 05-19-2013, 01:39 AM   #961
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!
 
Docker2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Neva Neva land
Posts: 23,863
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Chasing the Dream

Preaching to the choir man. I agree hut here in the NYC area, people will blame Melo, people are still saying with Lin, we would be a better team. Bah! To pissed off to think.

Docker2.0 is offline  
Old 05-19-2013, 03:54 AM   #962
runawayboulder
2016 NFL Pick Em CHAMP
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On the edge
Posts: 19,833
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Chasing the Dream

Anyone that blames Melo and lives in NY is not a fan and wasn't paying attention...plain and simple.

The problem here is they have no depth and are stuck with an albatross contract with Stoudemire. That guy was talking about in the post game how he wants to sit down with the coach over the summer and talk about fitting into the offense.....going into year 4 of a 5 year deal.

And I wouldn't be so quick to jettison Chandler out of town. Yeah he had a nightmare of a series but he was also banged up and when he's healthy is highly effective.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
This is a message board...no one killed your mother or had sex with your dog.....try to move on in life.
runawayboulder is offline  
Old 05-19-2013, 04:02 AM   #963
Raiden
Wakanda Forever
 
Raiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 28,684
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Chasing the Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
Anyone that blames Melo and lives in NY is not a fan and wasn't paying attention...plain and simple.

The problem here is they have no depth and are stuck with an albatross contract with Stoudemire. That guy was talking about in the post game how he wants to sit down with the coach over the summer and talk about fitting into the offense.....going into year 4 of a 5 year deal.

And I wouldn't be so quick to jettison Chandler out of town. Yeah he had a nightmare of a series but he was also banged up and when he's healthy is highly effective.
If Amare is so terrible, why don't they just amnesty him and get him out of the team? Yes, they have to buy out his contract, but I'm sure Dolan can afford it since he's so filthy rich.

__________________
"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America

RIP Vartha
Raiden is online now  
Old 05-19-2013, 08:50 AM   #964
runawayboulder
2016 NFL Pick Em CHAMP
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On the edge
Posts: 19,833
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Chasing the Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
If Amare is so terrible, why don't they just amnesty him and get him out of the team? Yes, they have to buy out his contract, but I'm sure Dolan can afford it since he's so filthy rich.
Because they used the amnesty option already on Chauncey Billups.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
This is a message board...no one killed your mother or had sex with your dog.....try to move on in life.
runawayboulder is offline  
Old 05-19-2013, 11:22 AM   #965
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie
 
Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 80,822
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Chasing the Dream

Charlotte begins process of changing name back to Hornets

I really hope that this happens.

Matt is offline  
Old 05-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #966
runawayboulder
2016 NFL Pick Em CHAMP
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On the edge
Posts: 19,833
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Chasing the Dream

Smartest thing that Jordan has done as owner so far.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
This is a message board...no one killed your mother or had sex with your dog.....try to move on in life.
runawayboulder is offline  
Old 05-19-2013, 11:43 AM   #967
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!
 
Darthphere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 83,630
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Chasing the Dream

Oh Knicks fans. All that **** that was being talked when you beat the Heat by 20 in the regular season. All the **** that was talked all season long. Everyone saw this coming. It's great to see all the excuses being posted in here. Simply put, your team isn't that good. Am I rubbing it in? Yes. Am I gloating? Yes.

__________________
"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline  
Old 05-19-2013, 12:00 PM   #968
runawayboulder
2016 NFL Pick Em CHAMP
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On the edge
Posts: 19,833
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Chasing the Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Oh Knicks fans. All that **** that was being talked when you beat the Heat by 20 in the regular season. All the **** that was talked all season long. Everyone saw this coming. It's great to see all the excuses being posted in here. Simply put, your team isn't that good. Am I rubbing it in? Yes. Am I gloating? Yes.
Are you still going to be a Heat fan when LeBron and Wade are a distant memory? No.

Who's making excuses? Chandler was schooled and Smith was awful. No excuse there, it's fact. They blew it. It is what it is. If Granger was playing it would have been worse. If Rondo was playing in the previous series the Knicks wouldn't have been playing Indiana. Amare is due 21 million next year and has chemistry issues with the star of the team and is a shell of his former self. In Grunwald can't maneuver something there then it will be more of the same next year, maybe worse.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
This is a message board...no one killed your mother or had sex with your dog.....try to move on in life.
runawayboulder is offline  
Old 05-19-2013, 12:04 PM   #969
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie
 
Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 80,822
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Chasing the Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
Are you still going to be a Heat fan when LeBron and Wade are a distant memory? No.

Who's making excuses? Chandler was schooled and Smith was awful. No excuse there, it's fact. They blew it. It is what it is. If Granger was playing it would have been worse. If Rondo was playing in the previous series the Knicks wouldn't have been playing Indiana. Amare is due 21 million next year and has chemistry issues with the star of the team and is a shell of his former self. In Grunwald can't maneuver something there then it will be more of the same next year, maybe worse.
Considering Phere is loyal to the Dolphins, I'd say it is pretty likely that he'd remain loyal to a bad Heat team.

Matt is offline  
Old 05-19-2013, 12:06 PM   #970
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!
 
Darthphere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 83,630
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Chasing the Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
Are you still going to be a Heat fan when LeBron and Wade are a distant memory? No.

Who's making excuses? Chandler was schooled and Smith was awful. No excuse there, it's fact. They blew it. It is what it is. If Granger was playing it would have been worse. If Rondo was playing in the previous series the Knicks wouldn't have been playing Indiana. Amare is due 21 million next year and has chemistry issues with the star of the team and is a shell of his former self. In Grunwald can't maneuver something there then it will be more of the same next year, maybe worse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Considering Phere is loyal to the Dolphins, I'd say it is pretty likely that he'd remain loyal to a bad Heat team.
Why'd you gotta do that Matt? YOUR STEELERS SUCK TOO NOW!

And yes, runaway, I'm not a bandwagon fan. I was there from day one for the Heat with DJ Rony Seikaly, Glen Rice, Tim Hardaway, Eddie Jones, Jamal Mashburn, Zo, PJ Brown, the White chocolate years and beyond.

__________________
"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline  
Old 05-19-2013, 12:13 PM   #971
runawayboulder
2016 NFL Pick Em CHAMP
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On the edge
Posts: 19,833
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Chasing the Dream

That makes sense since you're gloating over an accomplishment that had nothing to do with your team.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
This is a message board...no one killed your mother or had sex with your dog.....try to move on in life.
runawayboulder is offline  
Old 05-19-2013, 12:16 PM   #972
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!
 
Darthphere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 83,630
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Chasing the Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
That makes sense since you're gloating over an accomplishment that had nothing to do with your team.
It's because I hate the Knicks....a lot. And by proxy, all the loudmouth Knicks fans that were all "We beat the Heat, we going all the way!" back in February. You're not one of them though, you're still ok in my book.

__________________
"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline  
Old 05-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #973
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert
 
SpideyVille's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The little part of the Big Apple
Posts: 24,525
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Chasing the Dream

I was one who said I expected the Knicks to win it all at the start of the playoffs, but I also said the series with the Pacers was the one that scared me more. I still think had the Knicks played as well as they did when they ended the season, they would have gone a lot further. But something happened after that third game in Boston where everything just seemed to fall apart. JR Smith didn't look like someone who was worthy of a sixth man award, and Melo, while he's not the only one to blame, didn't look like someone worthy of any kind of vote for MVP.

Chandler wasn't the same, Kidd suddenly forgot how to shoot, and Amar'e shouldn't have even been there to begin with. Not to mention, the only guys who were contributing more than they were expected to weren't even playing much, like Prigioni and Copeland. After Game 3 against Boston, the Knicks just flat out didn't show up. That's not to take anything away from Indiana because they did their part, but the Knicks really seemed like they just forgot how to play all of a sudden.

I said it before, but its just like the Yankees last season where they seemed hot going into the playoffs, but then just stopped hitting all around. Even with fantastic pitching all around, they barely scrapped by into the second round and got beat up after that in series that they could have easily won had they played the way they were expected to.

__________________

Last edited by SpideyVille; 05-19-2013 at 12:29 PM.
SpideyVille is offline  
Old 05-19-2013, 12:31 PM   #974
runawayboulder
2016 NFL Pick Em CHAMP
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On the edge
Posts: 19,833
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Chasing the Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
It's because I hate the Knicks....a lot. And by proxy, all the loudmouth Knicks fans that were all "We beat the Heat, we going all the way!" back in February. You're not one of them though, you're still ok in my book.
Thanks. That's high praise from a dirty filthy Heat fan.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
This is a message board...no one killed your mother or had sex with your dog.....try to move on in life.
runawayboulder is offline  
Old 05-19-2013, 12:47 PM   #975
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!
 
Docker2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Neva Neva land
Posts: 23,863
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Chasing the Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
I was one who said I expected the Knicks to win it all at the start of the playoffs, but I also said the series with the Pacers was the one that scared me more. I still think had the Knicks played as well as they did when they ended the season, they would have gone a lot further. But something happened after that third game in Boston where everything just seemed to fall apart. JR Smith didn't look like someone who was worthy of a sixth man award, and Melo, while he's not the only one to blame, didn't look like someone worthy of any kind of vote for MVP.

Chandler wasn't the same, Kidd suddenly forgot how to shoot, and Amar'e shouldn't have even been there to begin with. Not to mention, the only guys who were contributing more than they were expected to weren't even playing much, like Prigioni and Copeland. After Game 3 against Boston, the Knicks just flat out didn't show up. That's not to take anything away from Indiana because they did their part, but the Knicks really seemed like they just forgot how to play all of a sudden.

I said it before, but its just like the Yankees last season where they seemed hot going into the playoffs, but then just stopped hitting all around. Even with fantastic pitching all around, they barely scrapped by into the second round and got beat up after that in series that they could have easily won had they played the way they were expected to.
It was coaching! His rotations were terrible! How can you keep JR in the game when he played so badly but bench Copeland when he played decent. Not once did he try Camby and he continued to try Felton over Pablo who had a better game and kept the ball moving. If Phil Jackson is available and still wants to coach this team, I'm calling him.

__________________
Proudly boycotting Fox Marvel films since X-Men: First Class
#bringffhome
Docker2.0 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.