The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

View Poll Results: Who Will Win the 2012-13 NBA Championship?
Atlanta Hawks 0 0%
Boston Celtics 1 4.00%
Brooklyn Nets 0 0%
Chicago Bulls 0 0%
Denver Nuggets 0 0%
Golden State Warriors 0 0%
Houston Rockets 0 0%
Indiana Pacers 0 0%
Los Angeles Clippers 2 8.00%
Los Angeles Lakers 0 0%
Memphis Grizzlies 0 0%
Miami Heat 17 68.00%
Milwaukee Bucks 0 0%
New York Knicks 4 16.00%
Oklahoma City Thunder 0 0%
San Antonio Spurs 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 01:00 PM   #976
runawayboulder
2016 NFL Pick Em CHAMP

Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Chasing the Dream

Phil Jackson never wanted to coach the Knicks and I'm pretty sure he doesn't like Dolan. Phil Jackson is a pipe dream.

There was a lot of speculation last night on the MSG postgame that Camby was hurt. He only played 12 seconds the entire series and didn't go in when Chandler and Martin both fouled out.

Old 05-19-2013, 01:19 PM   #977
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
It was coaching! His rotations were terrible! How can you keep JR in the game when he played so badly but bench Copeland when he played decent. Not once did he try Camby and he continued to try Felton over Pablo who had a better game and kept the ball moving. If Phil Jackson is available and still wants to coach this team, I'm calling him.
Hilarious! See, this is what I'm talking about. A few months ago, you were all like "Woody has this team playing great! Coach of the year!" And now "Mother****er can't coach for ****!"

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 05-19-2013, 01:25 PM   #978
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

I'm pretty sure that the only reason Woodson was really allowed to stay and coach for a full season was because Phil wasn't going to the Knicks, and there wasn't a real replacement for him out on the market. With that said, I still think Woodson is the best thing to happen to the team and has done more good than bad, because without him, they wouldn't have ever gotten this far.

As for Camby, I look at him the same way I looked at Sheed and Kurt Thomas. Good player who can't stay healthy for long, especially at this point in their careers, and that was the worst thing for the Knicks, since it forced Chandler to play a lot of long minutes throughout the season since he really did have any backups. K-Mart was definitely a nice addition and spark for them, but they need a legitimate big body that can put some minutes in and play defense, because Amar'e sure as hell isn't that.

Old 05-19-2013, 01:28 PM   #979
runawayboulder
2016 NFL Pick Em CHAMP

My only criticism of Woodson was how he was relying on Smith and Kidd too much when they were not producing and sitting Copeland and Prigioni. He came around and made the adjustments going into game 5 and it worked out. A lot of fans in NY wanted him to go a big lineup to match the Pacers which was a horrible idea. You can't change your teams identity in the middle of the playoffs, you need to stick with what got you there in the first place for better or worse.

Old 05-19-2013, 03:30 PM   #980
Venom'sDad
Beware..Vultures nDa Hype

I think it's pretty obvious everyone is picking the Heat over the Pacers...so the question, who is everyone picking in the West?

Old 05-19-2013, 04:49 PM   #981
Trainwreck2100
Side-Kick

Lebron's Response to Frank Vogel
Quote:
We're not just another team. I don't understand what he's saying. But we're not just another team. That's not true. He said we're just another team in their way. We're a great team.
Here's what vogel originally said

Quote:
"They're just the next team we have to beat. The team standing in our way to the finals."
I guess cause he didn't bow down to Lebron and his cronies it's somehow an insult

Old 05-19-2013, 04:57 PM   #982
The Apocalypse
Side-Kick

The NBA might as well just skip the ECF and place the Heat in the finals.

Old 05-19-2013, 05:07 PM   #983
runawayboulder
2016 NFL Pick Em CHAMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apocalypse View Post
The NBA might as well just skip the ECF and place the Heat in the finals.
Some said that about the 2011 Finals and look what happened. Sometimes you got to let things play out.

For the record, I'm picking the Grizzlies/Heat Finals. It would be the better matchup IMO.

Old 05-19-2013, 05:11 PM   #984
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing

I don't know about that. The Pacers still have it in them to take the Heat to the limit... But if they play the way they played the Knicks they'd be lucky if they can stretch it to a game 6.

They have moments of real offensive stupidity in settling for s***ty shots they could always get later in the clock, and this Paul George forcing s*** and racking up turnover after turnover needs to stop. His job now is to limit Lebron and finish basic opportunities and keep his man honest.

Old 05-19-2013, 05:14 PM   #985
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

I'm expecting a tough series from the Pacers. I see the Heat in 6 personally.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 05-19-2013, 05:40 PM   #986
Hound55

I think the outcome of this series rests a lot more in the Pacers hands than the Heats. not to say they're the favourites, but rather we know what the Heat are going to bring to the party.

The question is how the Pacers will use what they have and how they respond.

That'll be the difference between a 7 game series and, potentially, even getting sweeped (which I don't THINK will happen, but I certainly wouldn't rule out given how dumb they've played at times throughout this last series)

Old 05-19-2013, 06:29 PM   #987
JaD
Thriller Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck2100 View Post
Lebron's Response to Frank Vogel

Here's what vogel originally said

I guess cause he didn't bow down to Lebron and his cronies it's somehow an insult
I think with how their last series went down and what Vogel said back then too I'm not surprised at all LeBron responded like that.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
Old 05-19-2013, 06:31 PM   #988
SolarTiger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound55 View Post
I don't know about that. The Pacers still have it in them to take the Heat to the limit... But if they play the way they played the Knicks they'd be lucky if they can stretch it to a game 6.

They have moments of real offensive stupidity in settling for s***ty shots they could always get later in the clock, and this Paul George forcing s*** and racking up turnover after turnover needs to stop. His job now is to limit Lebron and finish basic opportunities and keep his man honest.
True. Indiana goes through stretches where they can't score a lick and turn the ball over a million times. The Heat are a great PnR defense team and also do great at fronting the post, the two things Indiana does offensively.

Plus Paul George at this point of his career is not a great offensive player. He can shoot threes, but has a non-existent mid range game and isn't a slasher. He's great defensively, but I don't think he'll make Lebron work enough on the other end. Hibbert won't be able to camp in the paint because Bosh unlike Chandler will pull big men out of the lane with his jumper. I don't think this is a great matchup for the Pacers, especially since they don't have a bench.

I want to say Heat in 5, but I will give Indiana some respect and say Heat in 6.

Old 05-19-2013, 06:35 PM   #989
Poeman
Banned User

Im sure Darthphere will quit on the Heat when they go back to sucking without Lebron/Wade. I mean he did quit on those pathetic Marlins.

Old 05-19-2013, 06:39 PM   #990
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poeman View Post
Im sure Darthphere will quit on the Heat when they go back to sucking without Lebron/Wade. I mean he did quit on those pathetic Marlins.
I didn't quit on the Marlins, the Marlins quit on me.

Old 05-19-2013, 06:43 PM   #991
Trainwreck2100
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaD View Post
I think with how their last series went down and what Vogel said back then too I'm not surprised at all LeBron responded like that.
Last series was last series. In the Playoffs teams should focus on who their current opponent is. Vogel said nothing wrong and Lebron got all woman like

Old 05-19-2013, 07:06 PM   #992
JaD
Thriller Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck2100 View Post
Last series was last series. In the Playoffs teams should focus on who their current opponent is. Vogel said nothing wrong and Lebron got all woman like
I don't think he said anything wrong either but depending on how the reporter may have spun the question to James, any little comment can be taken out of context and blown up to fuel some trash talk.

James Dean
Old 05-19-2013, 07:45 PM   #993
Hound55

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarTiger View Post
True. Indiana goes through stretches where they can't score a lick and turn the ball over a million times. The Heat are a great PnR defense team and also do great at fronting the post, the two things Indiana does offensively.

Plus Paul George at this point of his career is not a great offensive player. He can shoot threes, but has a non-existent mid range game and isn't a slasher. He's great defensively, but I don't think he'll make Lebron work enough on the other end. Hibbert won't be able to camp in the paint because Bosh unlike Chandler will pull big men out of the lane with his jumper. I don't think this is a great matchup for the Pacers, especially since they don't have a bench.

I want to say Heat in 5, but I will give Indiana some respect and say Heat in 6.
The only time I'd have Hibbert o Bosh is if they went with Lebron at the 4. If Anderson is on the floor, that's who Roy would be covering. I'll take West's slow feet outside on Bosh and make him put the ball on the floor if they want to use him to exploit. Anything I can do to keep Hibbert in the paint.

As for George I don't care about making Lebron work on defense. F*** him. The guy's a defensive weapon. I'd happily leave George spotting up off the ball all night conserving him for the defensive end, only time I'd want to see him do anything is sticking open looks if Bron starts cheating off him or looking to attack if Spoelstra does something like stick Mario Chalmers on him looking to get Lebron more on the ball in defense.

If I'm going down, I'm going down making Spoelstra respond and react to my changes. Coaches generally don't like to change up what got them there and short of one single playoff series I still don't rate his ability to read-and-react. I'd happily put all my eggs in the make-Spoelstra-outcoach-me basket.

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Old 05-19-2013, 09:01 PM   #994
DoomsdayApex
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaD View Post
Not surprising. There's alot been made about Chicago and Boston but I seem to remember some animosity last year when The Heat squared off against The Pacers. Granger, I think, was in the middle of it.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:36 AM   #995
JaD
Thriller Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
Not surprising. There's alot been made about Chicago and Boston but I seem to remember some animosity last year when The Heat squared off against The Pacers. Granger, I think, was in the middle of it.
At the same time I do think LeBron was saying it to get his teammates motivated against them because he believes they're a great team compared to the 'next team' comment by Vogel. While I didn't think the comment was anything to write home about it's the playoffs and you can use just about anything said from the other side to motivate your teammates, even if it was for the most part a harmless comment. The media will roll with it but I think it was just to spark his teammates for Game 1.

James Dean
Old 05-20-2013, 01:38 AM   #996
Hound55

If you need a spark to get your head right for Game 1 of the Conference Finals then there's something seriously wrong.

Old 05-20-2013, 02:07 AM   #997
JaD
Thriller Night

Just an extra spark is all. Nothing more

James Dean
Old 05-20-2013, 01:06 PM   #998
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
It was coaching! His rotations were terrible! How can you keep JR in the game when he played so badly but bench Copeland when he played decent. Not once did he try Camby and he continued to try Felton over Pablo who had a better game and kept the ball moving.
Not only that but Woodson really does Melo no favors having him play virtually the whole game, particularly because Melo has a physical style. I know it's pretty much par for the course in the Playoffs to shorten rotations, but certain teams and players don't need to do that.

It was plain to see in the 4th he simply had nothing left, and while it's up to him to keep those other guys hot, I also understand how he felt he needed to shoulder that burden. That being said, the Knicks are basically stuck with this team. Nobody wants those older pieces and most of those contracts are for at least 2 years. The best they can hope for is more sustained health and better matchups provided they get to the postseason.

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 05-20-2013, 02:40 PM   #999
runawayboulder
2016 NFL Pick Em CHAMP

The good thing with the Knicks is that they're not trapped in cap hell for a long time. Just 2 more years. The problem then is that Melo will be past his prime.

Old 05-20-2013, 03:04 PM   #1000
runawayboulder
2016 NFL Pick Em CHAMP

Uh, where's the thread manager to close this sucker?

Closed Thread