The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Batman

Old 09-08-2014, 02:31 PM   #126
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Default Re: What do you want from future Batman movies?

Arkham Origins Batman movie.
Gothic Dark Gotham

Zionite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 09:46 AM   #127
Galactus123
Side-Kick

Michael Keaton would play Batman again, but only under one condition:
http://batman-news.com/2014/10/12/mi...one-condition/

Quote:
"When Keaton said he didn’t enjoy Batman movies, he was speaking as a movie fan because he’d be willing to play Batman again – under one condition. “If it was Tim Burton directing? In a heartbeat,” Keaton told Entertainment Weekly"
A new Batman movie with Keaton and Burton would be great.

Galactus123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 03:28 PM   #128
the last son
Side-Kick

I just want a proper Riddler story. I was thinking today, Riddler is the only viilain I can think of who doesn't use a gun. Maybe Croc as well. Riddler thinks guns are too primitive. He is a gold mine for a brilliant story.

Old 10-25-2014, 03:29 PM   #129
the last son
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus123 View Post

No thank you. I saw the Nolans said maybe they'd direct another DC movie, no thank you to them too.

Old 10-25-2014, 03:40 PM   #130
ThePhantasm
2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

Quote:

HECK YES

Batman III with an old Keaton Bats? I'd watch that in a heartbeat

Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | Ɉ |
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 10:04 PM   #131
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
No thank you. I saw the Nolans said maybe they'd direct another DC movie, no thank you to them too.
They never said that. Why limit himself when he was the autonomy to direct movies like Interstellar without restriction?

Old 10-26-2014, 10:30 PM   #132
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Quote:

I'd watch that.

Old 10-30-2014, 03:16 PM   #133
Boy Scout
Side-Kick

I'd like this movie (and sequels) to be a little less serious than the Nolan trilogy and embrace the more unrealistic and fantastic aspects of the mythology. I'd pay good money to see a globetrotting, swashbuckling adventure film with Batman as the star.

Boy Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 03:17 PM   #134
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)

Gotham might just do that with its cheesiness

Thank You!
UPDATED!!! My FanFic Page

~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 03:22 PM   #135
Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Yes, but you see, I expect the movie to be good.

Boy Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 08:35 AM   #136
MakeMinesMarvel
Banned User

I want the Batman-Family on screen. Nightwing/Robin/Catwoman/Batgirl who Joker cripples and becomes Oracle in the 3rd film after being injured in the 2nd.

But if this is a older Batman then his family should help him. I also want a brief cameo in BvS from any member of the Family. Basically Batman calls them while their on patrol back in Gotham for a status update maybe show Dick in the lair or Tim on a rooftop with binoculars or Batgirl in the bat mobile. Just a nod that batman didnt leave Gotham unprotected while in metropolis.

Just my idea dont shoot me

MakeMinesMarvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 08:07 PM   #137
NewYorkSpider
Norm!

A David Fincher directed movie with The Riddler as the villain. He did such a terrific job with Zodiac. I think a Batman mystery thriller is right up Fincher's alley.

I also hope we get some villains we haven't seen before. Clayface, Killer Croc, Black Mask and Hugo Strange.

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:35 PM   #138
Razgriz-Specter
Side-Kick

Something similar to Under the Red Hood. Gives us a new "big bad" lets WB get their Joker in there a little, a little Nightwing, some Batman in his prime action also some young Robin without too much. Also heavily fills in the backstory considering how late BvsS starts.

Razgriz-Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 12:54 PM   #139
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkSpider View Post
A David Fincher directed movie with The Riddler as the villain. He did such a terrific job with Zodiac. I think a Batman mystery thriller is right up Fincher's alley.

I also hope we get some villains we haven't seen before. Clayface, Killer Croc, Black Mask and Hugo Strange.
The idea of that bores me. Fincher would be an even more realistic take on the character. They need to find a balance, not be super grounded. At least not for a long time. He's not interested anyway.

A Fincher-esque mystery with a Riddler-esque character (or Nygma himself)...god that's happened how many times in movies/television in the last 20 years? So dull and boring.

We'll probably have to wait 10 to 15 years before we see villains like Clayface and Killer Croc. I dont know how many times i have to say this to people in these threads. Affleck will probably direct, so he's not going to do anything that would be considered over the top. The guys movies are more stripped down than Nolans. And they have an opportunity to deal with the Joker, they're going to take it. So unless a new director/actor comes on board during the next decade to do some prequels....or WB reboots the franchise again in 10 years...we're not seeing monsters for villains.

Then again, the title of this thread is "future batman movies", so i guess we could be talking about 20 years down the road. We'll get those monsters, but i think it will take a visionary to do it. WB won't sign off on villains like that unless a new director comes on board with an idea and REALLY sells it to them. It could take forever to get these characters on screen. The studio certainly won't go "shucks, it's time to reboot the Batman folks, i think it's time to dive into the horror aspects of the Man-Bat!". They don't even know who these characters are. It's gonna take a Bat-geek of a writer to convince them. Question is, will that type of writer ever show up?

Last edited by shauner111; 12-12-2014 at 01:01 PM.
shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 02:16 PM   #140
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

I can't wait too see Ben Affleck's Bruce Wayne / Batman go up against Jared Leto's Joker.

Old 12-14-2014, 11:56 AM   #141
Jochimus
Autobot Slacker

Well, as I pointed out before, what I'd want from future Batman movies would never happen anyway. But here goes: a dystopic sci-fi action-adventure trilogy set in the aftermath of a great battle between the Justice League and some Earth-threatening force which saved Earth but broke the League in the process - Superman is missing and presumed dead, Batman got seriously injured and left the country in a bid to heal himself, and Wonder Woman just flat-out gave up her superheroine career to rebuild what's left of Themyscira - in turn causing a lot of superheroes to retire their tights and go back to normal lives and thus leaving cities like Gotham to fend for themselves.

The first movie wouldn't be set in Gotham, though...because this story would be about a late-20ish Dick Grayson living in Bludhaven and forced by circumstances to resume his crime-fighting career as a now-grown Robin (since the general audience is not likely to be as familiar with Dick Grayson as Nightwing as they are with Dick Grayson as Robin) when trying to be a police officer turns out to not suit him against an encroaching old Bat-foe who's been pushing splicing among the city's underworld.

The second film would involve Robin chasing a villain to Gotham which also draws an aged and battered Bruce Wayne back as well, who's no longer able to bound about in the cape and cowl as he did years ago but still has that fire in him. What also becomes clear is that Wayne and Grayson are still not on amicable terms after the falling-out that drove them apart - they only barely reconcile before Wayne, forced to resume the black-&-gray-with-just-the-simple-bat-emblem Batman mantle for the climactic battle, is mortally wounded in the fight and dies.

I'm sure, therefore, you can see the path that the third movie goes in - Dick Grayson in a blue-&-gray-with-yellow-oval Batsuit, a turn of events necessitated when the Villain of the Week threatens all of Gotham with a splicing-based mutagenic virus now that word's gotten out that Batman is dead; also a turn that puts Dick into direct conflict with Gotham's current Police Commissioner - Barbara Gordon - as well as the rest of the GCPD.

So yeah, it's a mish-mash of elements ranging from "Batman Beyond" to "Batman: The Brave & The Bold" and the occasional major comic arc in-between mixed with faint echoes of the previous films (all of them - I'd even lump the 1966 Adam West Batman into the homage somewhere). Basically, it'd be part of a DC film universe focusing initially on the sidekicks - Robin, Supergirl, Wonder Girl, etc. - following the fall of the original League and building toward the return of an older Superman (against a corrupt, violent replacement League in black-rubber costumes, him in his bright blue tights and red cape - shades of "What's So Funny About Truth, Justice & The American Way?" with a dash of "Kingdom Come") and the formation of a new League.

Last edited by Jochimus; 12-14-2014 at 12:11 PM.
Jochimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 05:11 PM   #142
shauner111
Side-Kick

Sounds like a chunk of that will probably happen with these Batfleck movies. The rest, which i respect, is not something i want to see. Don't really care about Grayson in multiple movies as a lead or in a batsuit. Dont like those sidekicks either, but hey, it's your wish!

Im sure we'll get elements of Beyond and Kingdom in a different context.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:26 PM   #143
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

I wanna see a protracted love making scene that establishes Bruce's dominant disposition. It needs to frame Bruce pounding his lover from a high angle, while the reverse shot from the recipient's perspective should be from a low angle, signifying total submission. I am sick and tired of people making fun of Batman's sexual prowess in the Nolan movies. This needs to be demonstrated to break long held prejudices.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:33 PM   #144
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)

Thank You!
UPDATED!!! My FanFic Page

~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 08:53 PM   #145
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacit Ronin View Post
I wanna see a protracted love making scene that establishes Bruce's dominant disposition. It needs to frame Bruce pounding his lover from a high angle, while the reverse shot from the recipient's perspective should be from a low angle, signifying total submission. I am sick and tired of people making fun of Batman's sexual prowess in the Nolan movies. This needs to be demonstrated to break long held prejudices.
Righhhhtttt....

Mandon Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 09:15 PM   #146
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacit Ronin View Post

Old 12-15-2014, 12:27 AM   #147
NewYorkSpider
Norm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
The idea of that bores me. Fincher would be an even more realistic take on the character. They need to find a balance, not be super grounded. At least not for a long time. He's not interested anyway.

A Fincher-esque mystery with a Riddler-esque character (or Nygma himself)...god that's happened how many times in movies/television in the last 20 years? So dull and boring.
I'm just a fan of Fincher. Just wishful thinking on my part. Plus The Riddler is one of my favorite Batman villains. I do however hope they find balance in these upcoming movies.

Quote:
We'll probably have to wait 10 to 15 years before we see villains like Clayface and Killer Croc. I dont know how many times i have to say this to people in these threads. Affleck will probably direct, so he's not going to do anything that would be considered over the top. The guys movies are more stripped down than Nolans. And they have an opportunity to deal with the Joker, they're going to take it. So unless a new director/actor comes on board during the next decade to do some prequels....or WB reboots the franchise again in 10 years...we're not seeing monsters for villains.
And that's a little upsetting. I still hope we get Black Mask and Hugo Strange in some upcoming movies.

Quote:
Then again, the title of this thread is "future batman movies", so i guess we could be talking about 20 years down the road. We'll get those monsters, but i think it will take a visionary to do it. WB won't sign off on villains like that unless a new director comes on board with an idea and REALLY sells it to them. It could take forever to get these characters on screen. The studio certainly won't go "shucks, it's time to reboot the Batman folks, i think it's time to dive into the horror aspects of the Man-Bat!". They don't even know who these characters are. It's gonna take a Bat-geek of a writer to convince them. Question is, will that type of writer ever show up?
I think eventually(and hopefully) some of these villains we keep seeing get stale and they decide for a change. I'm pretty sure they'll use Penguin, Riddler, Joker and Two-Face as long as they can.

Last edited by NewYorkSpider; 12-15-2014 at 12:35 AM.
NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 02:49 AM   #148
WingedAvenger89
Banned User

- Mad Hatter as a child molester / killer
- Two Face
- Joker

More street crime

WingedAvenger89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 03:04 AM   #149
Harry Dresden
Side-Kick

Mad Hatter as a child molester is one of the worst ideas I have ever heard.

Harry Dresden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 04:09 AM   #150
WingedAvenger89
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Dresden View Post
Mad Hatter as a child molester is one of the worst ideas I have ever heard.
Why? It's creepy. Just like the character.

WingedAvenger89 is offline   Reply With Quote