The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Old 08-21-2017, 04:52 PM   #676
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Yeah I'd agree with all the above if I was an Everton fan. Glad Rooney scored again. But it must be disappointing to have been on the back foot against 10 men.
We couldn't keep the ball 2nd half and the pressure was clearly building, for some reason normally players good with the ball lost it too often. We had some young players out there though so nerves were expected.

City's attacking power is impressive too. Oh well, onto the next game.

1)War For The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(2)Logan-9.5(3)Baby Driver-9.5(4)Wonder Woman-9(5)Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2-9(6)Spider-Man: Homecoming-8(7)John Wick 2-8(8)Split-8(9)Kong: Skull Island-7.5(10)Alien Covenant-7(11)Ghost In The Shell-7(12)POTC: Salazar's Revenge-7(13)Transformers: The Last Knight-4
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 05:14 PM   #677
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Poor call from the officials on both reds and I actually thought Kompany made the worst challenge of the match, Aguero up to his old tricks again as well.

I liked the look of Calvert-Lewin for Everton but they look lightweight up front in terms of pace and penetration, the way the second half was set up they needed to be good on the counter and yet could barely get the ball moving as none of their forwards had any pace, it's where Barkley would have came into play for them and where Rooney's failing body hurt them.

City showed good composure in the way they kept playing their game and probing for the opening, and Guardiola used the width well with the introduction of Danilo. I thought Silva and Sterling were both a bit wasteful in key moments though, despite Sterling of course scoring.

Old 08-21-2017, 05:16 PM   #678
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Poor call from the officials on both reds and I actually thought Kompany made the worst challenge of the match, Aguero up to his old tricks again as well.

I liked the look of Calvert-Lewin for Everton but they look lightweight up front in terms of pace and penetration, the way the second half was set up they needed to be good on the counter and yet could barely get the ball moving as none of their forwards had any pace, it's where Barkley would have came into play for them and where Rooney's failing body hurt them.

City showed good composure in the way they kept playing their game and probing for the opening, and Guardiola used the width well with the introduction of Danilo. I thought Silva and Sterling were both a bit wasteful in key moments though, despite Sterling of course scoring.
You make a good point about Barkley, we could really have used him in this game. I am kind of hoping the injury means he can't move and he has to stay at us, until January at least.

1)War For The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(2)Logan-9.5(3)Baby Driver-9.5(4)Wonder Woman-9(5)Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2-9(6)Spider-Man: Homecoming-8(7)John Wick 2-8(8)Split-8(9)Kong: Skull Island-7.5(10)Alien Covenant-7(11)Ghost In The Shell-7(12)POTC: Salazar's Revenge-7(13)Transformers: The Last Knight-4
Old 08-21-2017, 05:43 PM   #679
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
You make a good point about Barkley, we could really have used him in this game. I am kind of hoping the injury means he can't move and he has to stay at us, until January at least.
It would be the best for him as well at this late stage, I don't know why he's trying to move to be honest, unless Koeman just doesn't like him. I'm surprised Koeman went for Sigurdsson when he already has Klaassen, they play similar games and he has young Davies coming through as well, I think what that team needs is some pace in the wide areas of the attack, a player like Demarai Gray from Leicester would fit in with what Koeman is building.

Old 08-21-2017, 05:52 PM   #680
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Mbappe and Fabinho about to be signed by PSG. Monaco getting about €220m + Lucas Moura.

Fallen Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 05:59 PM   #681
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

£420m in a single window by a single club that probably has a yearly revenue of half that...? Alrighty then.

I have to question a club that wins the league and then sells its 4 best players, kind of flabbergasting but I suppose that they'll have made around £300m by the end of it and could likely buy an entire competitive starting XI with that money.

If PSG don't win the Champions League this year after all that then I don't know anymore.

DeadPresident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 06:01 PM   #682
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

The Mbappe one I think they're trying to be clever. Apparently they will get him on "Loan" this summer with a GUARANTEE of signing him next summer. Just to get around the FFP rules.

Fallen Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 06:04 PM   #683
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
The Mbappe one I think they're trying to be clever. Apparently they will get him on "Loan" this summer with a GUARANTEE of signing him next summer. Just to get around the FFP rules.
It's gotta be nice when members of the royal family can just schedule quick meetings with FIFA/UEFA officials and tell them how it's going to be.

The "buying the title" line can arguably be thrown at the likes of United, Real and Barcelona but I don't know if those clubs have any of their people so close to the regulatory bodies as PSG do. It's a bit of a farce now.

Old 08-21-2017, 06:04 PM   #684
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

PSG are a cancer to football.

Old 08-21-2017, 06:20 PM   #685
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

I have to wonder what the ethics behind PSG's investment provenance is in regards to a football club. They're owned by a guy who's got a ministerial position with the governing administration of Qatar. I mean having oil billionaires and investment conglomerates owning clubs is one level of questionable, effectively having football clubs be outposts of governmental or national investment…?

I wonder if this means Prince Harry or William could make a bid to buy some football clubs and have the British taxpayer foot the bill.

Old 08-21-2017, 06:25 PM   #686
Iceman
Infinity War!

How much of that fee is supposed to be for Fabinho?

Old 08-21-2017, 06:28 PM   #687
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Skysports, as unreliable and tabloid-y as they've become, claim the figure for Mbappe is around £130m, so if the total of £200m for the pair is to be believed it means Fabinho's value is somewhere in the region of £70m - and then Lucas Moura has been thrown in as a make weight, apparently.

Old 08-21-2017, 06:45 PM   #688
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPresident View Post
Skysports, as unreliable and tabloid-y as they've become, claim the figure for Mbappe is around £130m, so if the total of £200m for the pair is to be believed it means Fabinho's value is somewhere in the region of £70m - and then Lucas Moura has been thrown in as a make weight, apparently.
Thanks. Crazy times.

Old Yesterday, 03:33 AM   #689
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
It would be the best for him as well at this late stage, I don't know why he's trying to move to be honest, unless Koeman just doesn't like him. I'm surprised Koeman went for Sigurdsson when he already has Klaassen, they play similar games and he has young Davies coming through as well, I think what that team needs is some pace in the wide areas of the attack, a player like Demarai Gray from Leicester would fit in with what Koeman is building.
Koeman seems to really not like him.

Old Yesterday, 03:39 AM   #690
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
We couldn't keep the ball 2nd half and the pressure was clearly building, for some reason normally players good with the ball lost it too often. We had some young players out there though so nerves were expected.

City's attacking power is impressive too. Oh well, onto the next game.
Yes they'll need to mature as this is the kind of situation that you should be able to win from, even against a stronger team away from home. City's attack is impressive yes, did well to be a threat with 10 men. I think you'll improve as the season goes on and all the new and young players bed in, and as mentioned earlier 1 point away to City is still decent ignoring the red card and individual situation of the match. On to the next game

Old Yesterday, 05:31 AM   #691
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

Quote:
Koeman does like him as played him for the majority of last season. Apparently the problem is Koeman publicly criticising him last season. Which in my mind is ridiculous as Barkley played his best football for ages in the 2nd half of last season. If that's the reason he is leaving I will lose a lot of respect for him.

I think he also wants to get out of the city as well though as he has fallen foul of some gangster types a few times here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Yes they'll need to mature as this is the kind of situation that you should be able to win from, even against a stronger team away from home. City's attack is impressive yes, did well to be a threat with 10 men. I think you'll improve as the season goes on and all the new and young players bed in, and as mentioned earlier 1 point away to City is still decent ignoring the red card and individual situation of the match. On to the next game
Yeah we have a lot of new players still to bed in. Overall it's a really good start and I am excited for the season. Bit of game management from the players side needs to be looked at though. Just the small matter of Chelsea away in the league next!

Old Yesterday, 05:39 AM   #692
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:

Yeah we have a lot of new players still to bed in. Overall it's a really good start and I am excited for the season. Bit of game management from the players side needs to be looked at though. Just the small matter of Chelsea away in the league next!
Good reason to be excited I think. There are big changes to your squad and it's going to be hard to predict how well they can do right now. And as long as you have a decent season any of the top 6 who don't could finish below you. To be fair even if you'd come away from both the City and Chelsea games away with no points with this new team I don't think it would have been the end of the world and you could start building a run after that. So if anything you're ahead of the game at the moment and maybe that one extra signing can seal things before the transfer window.

Old Yesterday, 03:44 PM   #693
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Leicester just put four past Sheffield United so they're definitely going to be a bigger challenge for United than both West Ham and Swansea.

Big match this weekend is Liverpool Vs. Arsenal, though, I can see Arsenal's misery being compounded by that Liverpool attack if they're not careful.

Old Yesterday, 03:52 PM   #694
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Leicester just put four past Sheffield United so they're definitely going to be a bigger challenge for United than both West Ham and Swansea.

Big match this weekend is Liverpool Vs. Arsenal, though, I can see Arsenal's misery being compounded by that Liverpool attack if they're not careful.
Would be happy with a draw against Arsenal TBH.

Mandon Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:00 PM   #695
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandon Knight View Post
Would be happy with a draw against Arsenal TBH.
They looked quite mediocre against Stoke though, if Klopp puts out a strong line up and doesn't bench Salah I could see the Liverpoo attack overwhelm Arsenal. Especially considering how weak the Arsenal midfield has been. Lacazette will challenge your defense if he plays but I think the advantage is firmly leaning your way right now.

Old Yesterday, 04:31 PM   #696
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:

It will be interesting to see how we play as well though given this will be the first team we have played a team that will come and attack us leaving us more room to play as opposed to being up agasint a back 9.

I agree, I can see Liverpool flying out of the traps on Arsenal's less than convincing defense, I think there'll be a few goals in the game as Liverpool aren't great defensively either.