The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Microsoft

Old 10-30-2017, 03:09 AM   #701
zenith16
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Xbox One X Unboxing! - Electric Playground

2.6K views2 days ago Published on 10/27/2017

4K gaming from Microsoft is finally here thanks to the Xbox One X! Victor Lucas unboxes the sexy new machine to find out what's in store!

source:EPN.tv

zenith16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 02:17 PM   #702
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Next week i'm switching from a XB1 to a 2nd hand XB1S (Bro's getting the XB1X & i'm taking his XB1S off him). If I just transfer my games & all their files over to my 1TB HD, i'm not going to lose any game saves or anything will I?

Old 10-30-2017, 02:21 PM   #703
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Lee View Post
Next week i'm switching from a XB1 to a 2nd hand XB1S (Bro's getting the XB1X & i'm taking his XB1S off him). If I just transfer my games & all their files over to my 1TB HD, i'm not going to lose any game saves or anything will I?
Your saves should be in the cloud so it should be just the games and associated stuff that you put on your hard disk.

Old 10-30-2017, 02:35 PM   #704
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

So I just move the games to the XB1S, then the saves will download onto the XB1S in a sync up?

Old 10-31-2017, 08:47 AM   #705
Dugath
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Lee View Post
So I just move the games to the XB1S, then the saves will download onto the XB1S in a sync up?

Correct.

Old 10-31-2017, 08:48 AM   #706
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Okay... thanks guys.

Old 10-31-2017, 09:09 AM   #707
Iceman
Infinity War!

Good luck with the transfer mate!

Only 1 week till X1X!!

Old 11-03-2017, 01:46 PM   #708
Iceman
Infinity War!

https://www.trueachievements.com/n30...x-one-x-review
Xbox One X review

Old 11-04-2017, 07:32 AM   #709
zenith16
Side-Kick

NEWSXbox Design Lab is bringing NFL team logos as customization optionsNov 2, 2017

Over the last year, Xbox Design Lab has brought thousands of customization options to gamers, allowing them to...
Read more

also with

Xbox One X Live Demo! - Vic's Basement

865 views12 hours ago Published on 11/03/2017

Vic and Behr live demo the Xbox One X and some of its best games, including Forza Motorsport 7!...

also fallowing that.

NEWSReview Roundup: Xbox One X is the best place to play multiplatform games Yesterday at 9:45 am

We have been hearing about Microsoft's beefed up Xbox One, the Xbox One X for a while now. Before the console...Read more

Lastly fallowing all that

NEWSHere's how fast games load on Xbox One X Yesterday at 10:18 am

Reviews for the Xbox One X have been released and while there's a lot of talk about how games look better,...Read more

source:EPN.tv&Gamezone

zenith16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 09:15 AM   #710
guitarsingerguy
Who am I?

Ok guys...I'm obviously not ever in this forum. Not gonna lie...I'm a Sony guy, but I'm not here to troll. I love XBOX as well, but if I can only have one...ya know... My question is, how many of you guys are getting a One X, and if so, why? This has to be the strangest move that Xbox could have done. It's a VERY confusing step to me. Obviously the machine is INSANELY impressive, but...who EXACTLY is this console made for? It's SUCH a niche product. You guys that already have an S, are you gonna upgrade to this? So few people have the equipment to really take advantage of it's capabilities. This is just such a weird mid cycle product. Again, not trolling. Serious discussion here...honest.

Old 11-05-2017, 10:28 AM   #711
Travesty
TEOL

It's just for people who have upgraded to 4k, and want that boost. Ive said this theory before, but I don't think we're going to get a new "Xbox 4". I think this is what we'll see from here on out with Xbox. Just more powerful versions of the X1. That way, you can play most of the Xbox library, even going back the the original system. And if you only have a PC, well, you can also play X1 games, too. But I think the X1 is here to stay for a long, long time. I do think Sony will come out with a PS5, but I don't think that's MS's game plan anymore.

Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 11:49 AM   #712
guitarsingerguy
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
It's just for people who have upgraded to 4k, and want that boost. Ive said this theory before, but I don't think we're going to get a new "Xbox 4". I think this is what we'll see from here on out with Xbox. Just more powerful versions of the X1. That way, you can play most of the Xbox library, even going back the the original system. And if you only have a PC, well, you can also play X1 games, too. But I think the X1 is here to stay for a long, long time. I do think Sony will come out with a PS5, but I don't think that's MS's game plan anymore.
Idk...they're already facing limitations because it doesn't matter what the hell is running it if the developers don't bother gearing towards it. And you heard how big Quantum Break was didn't you? 178 gigs?!?! That's INSANE!!!!! Storage is going to be a huge issue. Idk...I just think it's too early for this. And even this isn't supporting all the formats. I know it allows HDR10, but if I'm not mistaken, Dolby's version isn't available correct? I'm also not the audiophile I used to be, but have they decided on any type of universal hi def sound format yet?

Old 11-05-2017, 12:04 PM   #713
Iceman
Infinity War!

2 days left! (1 and a half really)

Old 11-05-2017, 01:00 PM   #714
Dugath
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarsingerguy View Post
Ok guys...I'm obviously not ever in this forum. Not gonna lie...I'm a Sony guy, but I'm not here to troll. I love XBOX as well, but if I can only have one...ya know... My question is, how many of you guys are getting a One X, and if so, why? This has to be the strangest move that Xbox could have done. It's a VERY confusing step to me. Obviously the machine is INSANELY impressive, but...who EXACTLY is this console made for? It's SUCH a niche product. You guys that already have an S, are you gonna upgrade to this? So few people have the equipment to really take advantage of it's capabilities. This is just such a weird mid cycle product. Again, not trolling. Serious discussion here...honest.

I have had a 4k tv for about a year now. I upgraded to the One S because of the 4k player. I will be getting the X on Tuesday. If I am going going to play games it might as well take advantage of my TV.

The size of the downloads do not bother me, unlimited bandwidth and external storage.

I used to PC game but I have not done that in some time. I work on a computer all day. Have a daughter now so the time is not there. Having the console to play games, watch Netflix and YouTube.. Etc.

I have been an Xbox guy since back in the day of the original Xbox.. Anyone Remeber the she kicks high commercials lol.

So ya I'm upgrading. Saved my money. Sold one of my other xboxes. Looking forward to it as I may not have much more time left.. Wife wants another kid lol.

I do wish we had PA's game variety though. A good baseball game would be nice and I always wanted to play the last of us.

Last edited by Dugath; 11-05-2017 at 01:05 PM.
Dugath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 01:04 PM   #715
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

I'm not upgrading due to money issues... but my brother is, so I'm taking his XB1S and trading in my XB1.

Next target is going to be a good 4K TV.... then maybe the XB1X at a later date when the cost inevitably drops

Old 11-05-2017, 11:53 PM   #716
guitarsingerguy
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugath View Post
I have had a 4k tv for about a year now. I upgraded to the One S because of the 4k player. I will be getting the X on Tuesday. If I am going going to play games it might as well take advantage of my TV.

The size of the downloads do not bother me, unlimited bandwidth and external storage.

I used to PC game but I have not done that in some time. I work on a computer all day. Have a daughter now so the time is not there. Having the console to play games, watch Netflix and YouTube.. Etc.

I have been an Xbox guy since back in the day of the original Xbox.. Anyone Remeber the she kicks high commercials lol.

So ya I'm upgrading. Saved my money. Sold one of my other xboxes. Looking forward to it as I may not have much more time left.. Wife wants another kid lol.

I do wish we had PA's game variety though. A good baseball game would be nice and I always wanted to play the last of us.
Yeah...TLOU is an absolutely fantastic...experience. Not just a game. That's something I wish XBOX owners could participate in because it's an amazing conversation to have. I wish there weren't exclusives at all.

Old 11-06-2017, 12:05 AM   #717
guitarsingerguy
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugath View Post

I get it, but at the same time, it seems like a waste. They aren't going to make any games specifically for the X and cut out the S. To me that makes it feel like the features are gonna more or less be tacked on. There just isn't gonna be much difference than a 4k upscale since it's not built to take advantage of the X from the ground up. We could get into all the idiosyncrasies, but I'm honestly exhausted. The X will be THE MACHINE...when, well...if they ever start making content specifically for it, but if they do that, they're gonna alienate S owners which is going to be the much larger install base. That's why I don't understand the mid cycle upgrade. It almost seems like the X was an overreaction to the PS4 Pro. Nobody can doubt what the X has under the hood. It's impressive. I'm really curious once you guys get them. I wanna hear all about it.

Old 11-06-2017, 12:08 AM   #718
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
It's a big upgrade from the original X1, which is 4 years old and BC with so much stuff. It makes more sense than a new console with no games for me as I'm nowhere near done with games from this gen or the one before and I'm looking forward to playing them with much better performance. It would make sense to people with no X-console too going forward (maybe when cheaper) who are interested in original Xbox, 360 and X1 games too. Plus being a 4K player it makes sense to gamers who want to watch 4K films but don't want a separate device, partly for the extra cost but also just the hassle of having to have an extra unnecessary device (unless they are going for a top end 4K player). I wouldn't expect it to be a huge seller but I'm looking forward to it more than I usually look forward to a new console as you are usually so limited on the games front with new gen consoles.

Old 11-06-2017, 12:16 AM   #719
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
I get it, but at the same time, it seems like a waste. They aren't going to make any games specifically for the X and cut out the S. To me that makes it feel like the features are gonna more or less be tacked on. There just isn't gonna be much difference than a 4k upscale since it's not built to take advantage of the X from the ground up. We could get into all the idiosyncrasies, but I'm honestly exhausted. The X will be THE MACHINE...when, well...if they ever start making content specifically for it, but if they do that, they're gonna alienate S owners which is going to be the much larger install base. That's why I don't understand the mid cycle upgrade. It almost seems like the X was an overreaction to the PS4 Pro. Nobody can doubt what the X has under the hood. It's impressive. I'm really curious once you guys get them. I wanna hear all about it.
Most multiplats are made for pcs too that are capable of much more. The above could be said about every device above the weakest that a game is made for. These games aren't made exclusively for Pro or S either, as they have to be able to work on the original X1. The X1X is just one more step further away, above the Pro but still below top end pcs. No reason to really single it out.

With 4K performance becomes such an issue that every last bit of processing power gets used so while you're not getting true next gen experiences (which aren't available anywhere yet), there is a lot more that can be achieved from the games you do get. Playing something in native 4K with a decent frame rate is a huge difference compared to struggling to get past 720p on some games. The bigger your TV and the closer you are to it, the more this matters.

Old 11-06-2017, 12:20 AM   #720
guitarsingerguy
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
It's a big upgrade from the original X1, which is 4 years old and BC with so much stuff. It makes more sense than a new console with no games for me as I'm nowhere near done with games from this gen or the one before and I'm looking forward to playing them with much better performance. It would make sense to people with no X-console too going forward (maybe when cheaper) who are interested in original Xbox, 360 and X1 games too. Plus being a 4K player it makes sense to gamers who want to watch 4K films but don't want a separate device, partly for the extra cost but also just the hassle of having to have an extra unnecessary device (unless they are going for a top end 4K player). I wouldn't expect it to be a huge seller but I'm looking forward to it more than I usually look forward to a new console as you are usually so limited on the games front with new gen consoles.
I agree with some of those. I can see buying an X if you don't have one already, but I'd absolutely say wait until a price drop. The only kicker is that so much of this relies on your TV as much, if not more than the X. There are so many people out there that have purchased 4k TVs that aren't HDR compatible, and the HDR is just as, if not more important than the 4k capability. How many people are even aware of that? Well, I hope anyone investing in an X knows they need a HDR TV to get the most out of the console because I'm going to assume they're videophiles. I feel bad for a layman trying to get all this figured out. Someone is going to want an X so bad, and they're gonna jump on the first reasonably priced 4k tv they find without knowing that 4k means very very little.

Old 11-06-2017, 12:24 AM   #721
guitarsingerguy
Who am I?

Quote:
Most multiplats are made for pcs too that are capable of much more. The above could be said about every device above the weakest that a game is made for. These games aren't made exclusively for Pro or S either, as they have to be able to work on the original X1. The X1X is just one more step further away, above the Pro but still below top end pcs. No reason to really single it out.

With 4K performance becomes such an issue that every last bit of processing power gets used so while you're not getting true next gen experiences (which aren't available anywhere yet), there is a lot more that can be achieved from the games you do get. Playing something in native 4K with a decent frame rate is a huge difference compared to struggling to get past 720p on some games. The bigger your TV and the closer you are to it, the more this matters.
Well, the thing about a title being PC compatible is just that they almost always have a separate team working on that port. It's damn near like having it's own mini studio for the PC versions. Yeah, they have separate teams working the consoles, I'm aware. But it's not nearly the force usually dedicated to the PC version of a game. But hell...like I said...I'm falling asleep right now, so talking specs is a bad idea right now. I'm not far from not making any sense.

Old 11-06-2017, 12:25 AM   #722
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
I agree with some of those. I can see buying an X if you don't have one already, but I'd absolutely say wait until a price drop. The only kicker is that so much of this relies on your TV as much, if not more than the X. There are so many people out there that have purchased 4k TVs that aren't HDR compatible, and the HDR is just as, if not more important than the 4k capability. How many people are even aware of that? Well, I hope anyone investing in an X knows they need a HDR TV to get the most out of the console because I'm going to assume they're videophiles. I feel bad for a layman trying to get all this figured out. Someone is going to want an X so bad, and they're gonna jump on the first reasonably priced 4k tv they find without knowing that 4k means very very little.
With the 4K deal I just don't really get the difference between Pro (cheaper but much less of an upgrade over the stronger base PS4) and pc. Surely this is just a comment on overall complications with 4K and HDR compatibility confusion?

Old 11-06-2017, 12:29 AM   #723
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Well, the thing about a title being PC compatible is just that they almost always have a separate team working on that port. It's damn near like having it's own mini studio for the PC versions. Yeah, they have separate teams working the consoles, I'm aware. But it's not nearly the force usually dedicated to the PC version of a game.
That's not what I meant though. They don't have separate teams working for every level of pc out there. So they make one dumbed down version for the lowest level pc that meets the minimum spec that they state for the game. And the same game is the one that the billionaire gamer gets to play on his 5 figure gaming rig. That game is going to be a lot more impressive on the expensive pc than the minimum spec one and with every extra level of power under the hood they will get more frames per second for the same graphical performance or they can turn on more graphical effects for the same FPS.

Old 11-06-2017, 12:38 AM   #724
guitarsingerguy
Who am I?

Quote:
With the 4K deal I just don't really get the difference between Pro (cheaper but much less of an upgrade over the stronger base PS4) and pc. Surely this is just a comment on overall complications with 4K and HDR compatibility confusion?
Yeah. The Pro situation is just that it was a much smaller incremental upgrade as opposed to the X. And I'm sure that makes you say, well isn't that really the dumber move between the two companies? Yes and no. The Pro seems like a mid cycle upgrade. The X to me seems like it should have been saved and just rolled into the next XBOX. Yeah, the Pro has almost all the same problems. Don't get me wrong. I'm just focusing on the X I think because I think it should have been held off for a whole new gen. The thing is a beast. Maybe wait until 4k has more of an install base and they've worked out what are gonna be some of the standards going forward such as HDR and whatever it's competition is. Like...the TV tech usually comes, a standard becomes clear, the install base grows, consoles come out taking advantage of all the features. It seems like this is a bit backwards. The console has hit while they're still working out the kinks with the TV tech and prior to there being a really solid install base. The Pro's incremental upgrade makes more sense with the uncertainty of the tech still being worked out. Once those things are finalized, then come out with the beast of a console. And sadly...I have no idea if I'm making ANY SENSE AT ALL because I'm falling asleep typing on this tablet. It keeps falling out of my hands creating an "Inception" kick. Having said that, I'm done until tomorrow, so I don't make any more of an ass out of myself.

Old 11-06-2017, 08:13 AM   #725
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

So Super Lucky's Tale came out for you Xbox owners who have kids or feel nostalgic and want to play a good ole platformer. The reviews are mixed with IGN saying it's mediocre while I've seen some YouTube reviewers thinking it's at least a 7/10. Apparently the Odyssey comparisons are in play. I still think it looks adorable and a good kids first video game and my nieces have an Xbox One.