Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 09:16 AM   #651
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
I've said numerous times Halle could have filmed with Anna for a day. But if they didn't work together then the most realistic answer is the characters have no scenes and the more realistic reason (in a war situation) is death or capture. I'm not suggesting anything that isn't completely possible. Daniel she definitely didn't film with unless unknown to us she came back for a day or two to film later on. How do you explain Anna probably not filming with him other than the fact they don't have scenes together in the movie?

I'm still waiting for someone to give me a realistic explanation (other than green screen and splicing excuses which make zero sense) for why Rogue may not have scenes with those two. Other than they're in different parts of the movie and when Rogue comes into it Colossus and Storm are not around. Where are they if not dead or captured?

Seriously, what other explanation is there? they won't send those two off on a solo mission later in the movie so conveniently the three just don't ever see each other on screen. And Rogue can't die or be captured early because Storm and Colossus would be in earlier scenes with her. Anna filmed with Shawn, Hugh, Ellen, Patrick and Ian. So she is with the rest of the team at some point and she is at the same hide-out as all the others are seen at.
Yes I agree if they have not filmed any scenes together then they may not share any screentime. The point that im saying that your missing is just because no one has said that they have been on set together dosent just flat out mean that Storm is dead. Im aware that its a dark future and if they decide to go that route it will be sad to see but I will still watch the movie regardless. Its just that you keep repeating that just for the simple fact seh dosent share scenes with Anna that she is dead. When in fact we really dont know if thats true or not. Also for the uptenth time just because a characeter isnt in the same room together dosent mean they cant share scenes together,besides they did that for magneto for X2 due to his time constraints.
We dont know if Rogue is captured as the movie starts and they have to rescue her, alot is up in the air right now. Anyone could be dead.

Old 07-28-2013, 12:39 PM   #652
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeholdMe View Post
Yes I agree if they have not filmed any scenes together then they may not share any screentime. The point that im saying that your missing is just because no one has said that they have been on set together dosent just flat out mean that Storm is dead. Im aware that its a dark future and if they decide to go that route it will be sad to see but I will still watch the movie regardless. Its just that you keep repeating that just for the simple fact seh dosent share scenes with Anna that she is dead. When in fact we really dont know if thats true or not. Also for the uptenth time just because a characeter isnt in the same room together dosent mean they cant share scenes together,besides they did that for magneto for X2 due to his time constraints.
We dont know if Rogue is captured as the movie starts and they have to rescue her, alot is up in the air right now. Anyone could be dead.
I get the feeling you don't read my posts properly because you hand pick parts out and ignore the rest. I've said them being captured is just as likely an explanation. Not once have I said they will definitely be dead. But if they are not around during Rogues scenes there will be a reason. A valid one. As they're at war that is valid speculation.

Most of the time they didn't splice Magneto into scenes with the others during X2. Halle and Daniel's had no reason they couldn't be there during the first week. In fact both were there right at the end. Splicing isn't impossible just unlikely for every scene. Rogue being the one dead or captured is still not an explanation when she's with the rest. I feel like a couple of posters are stubbornly beating a dead horse here. You refuse to see the more realistic possibilities. Until we have evidence they have scenes together it's best to air on the side of caution. While I'll hope to be proven wrong as I really want Rogue interacting with all. I'm just I'm not blindly believing it. Let's move on to talking about something else.

Chris Claremont said in a interview he expected something like what happened at SDCC to be in New York in October. There is a convention then isn't there?

He was talking about the clips. So it's possible people may see a teaser trailer then.

Old 07-28-2013, 01:12 PM   #653
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
You seriously think Rogue and Storm/Colossus will never talk to each other in shared scenes? And you'll only ever see the back of each other in all those scenes? that is silly.
Actually, if memory serves correctly, Storm and Colossus have never said one peep to each other in ANY of the 3 original trilogy films...ever. So your point is hardly conclusive.

Old 07-28-2013, 01:15 PM   #654
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeholdMe View Post
Death is not the only summation plausible from an actor or actress filming for a short time. It's been very clear from the beginning that Halle would suspend filming during the final weeks of her pregnancy and then resume again after her baby was born. Who knows exactly what she'll be filming then, but the point is she didn't get all of her work done prior to taking a break. And I'm sure other actors will also be called back during post production for additional pick up shots, voice-overs, etc.

Old 07-28-2013, 04:19 PM   #655
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
Actually, if memory serves correctly, Storm and Colossus have never said one peep to each other in ANY of the 3 original trilogy films...ever. So your point is hardly conclusive.
But they did share scenes in person so you point is completely invalid

I used to be a very regular poster on here back in X3 days. I don't remember it being this argumentative and stubborn about filming and official information. If you want to believe they will have loads of scenes go ahead. I'm tired of arguing about it. I know the information I've posted is true as far as what is publicly available. I've double checked it myself, and you all can easily enough. I'll be prepared for all possibilities and keep my expectations real. No disappoints for me that way. I wish I'd believed the filming schedules for X3 when I read them back then.

Old 07-28-2013, 04:24 PM   #656
Green Goblin
Twip

What is everyone's favorite X-Men film? For me it's first class, I love it. It will be hard for DOFP to top it.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
2017 Spidey reboot ideas
The following post is my opinion so take it as you will.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:27 PM   #657
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
What is everyone's favorite X-Men film? For me it's first class, I love it. It will be hard for DOFP to top it.
1) X2
2) X1
3) FC
4) XO:W
5) TLS

Haven't seen The Wolverine yet, but X2 is still considerably better than the rest thus far.

Old 07-28-2013, 04:30 PM   #658
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

1)X2
2)X1
3)XFC ---|Tie
3)TW ---|Tie
5)TLS
6)XO:W

Old 07-28-2013, 04:34 PM   #659
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

X2.

Old 07-28-2013, 04:36 PM   #660
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

X2.

Old 07-28-2013, 04:44 PM   #661
Mars123
Side-Kick

I think x2,

I think you needed a movie like x1 to happen to really set up the mutant universe, get the characters out there and what xmen is all about.

X2 takes it to a whole other level and is the most complete story.

Now I think I'm a minority but like x3, granted its a bit rushed but I think it provides a lot of action, I love the cure storyline as I'm gay, I t makes me think would I have a cure to be 'normal'?! The answer is HELL NO! I'd fight it!

I like the other two but it's all about the OT characters for me!

In short - x2

Old 07-28-2013, 04:56 PM   #662
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Think FC may be my favorite, it wasn't afraid to do something darker and different and wasn't all about wolverine, it gave us nice introductions to the characters it featured, shown us them learning to use their powers, its just everything I'd have like to have seen in a first ever xmen movie, hopefully can see that with cyclops,jean and storm one day in FC3

J.J. Abrams “We are standing on the shoulders of Episodes I through VI.”

(Always Manage Expectations.)

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 07-28-2013 at 06:10 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #663
Melapi
Side-Kick

1)x2
2)x1
3)tw
4)tls
5)fc
6)xo:w

Old 07-28-2013, 05:10 PM   #664
I SEE SPIDEY
Banned User

FC is my favorite, flaws and all I just liked it the best. It wasn't as afraid of it's comicbook roots as the first two films and it wasn't as stupid as X3. Yes it has it's issues but the good far outweighs the bad IMHO.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:12 PM   #665
def28
Side-Kick

First Class remains my favorite.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:05 PM   #666
JP
Smelly

X2
First Class/The Wolverine
X1

The rest...

Old 07-28-2013, 06:15 PM   #667
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

im starting to feel like first class is a bit over-rated. I enjoyed the hell out of it.. but other than Xavier and Magneto... everyone else (even Jlaw to a degree (though she's easily the third best thing in the film)) just sorta fell flat for me upon repeated viewings. But luckily James and Michael make up for alot of what's lacking.

Jlaw is the 3rd best thing in it, followed by Hout... I could do without everyone else in the film in all honesty.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:17 PM   #668
Green Goblin
Twip

I found what Vaughn did with X-Men more interesting than what Singer did

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
2017 Spidey reboot ideas
The following post is my opinion so take it as you will.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:23 PM   #669
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
I found what Vaughn did with X-Men more interesting than what Singer did
the only thing Vaughn did is give a team dynamic. which is something Singer never could do because of wolverine. The big picture in each are all the same, its just the interactions between characters that i think Vaughn did a better job at...

but, at the end of the day, Emma, The Hellfire Club, Shaw, Havok, Angel, Darwin, Banshee, were all unfortunately forgetable imo. Not nearly as impactful as the OT cast... which is a shame, because i did feel like FC had more heart.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:00 PM   #670
jaymes_e06
Banned User

I pretty much agree with everyone on it being X2 as the best X-film. TW and FC in the second spot with a tie and X1 in 3rd.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:02 PM   #671
Iceman
Infinity War!

X2 is my favourite.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:26 PM   #672
The Infernal
Spinning Fidgeter

X2 and The Wolverine are to me the stronger x-men movies. Origins and X3 are the worst and everything else is just occupies the in between.

Old 07-28-2013, 08:00 PM   #673
Loki882
Side-Kick

X2, TW, FC, X1, XMOW, XM The Abomination can burn in the fiery pits of hell for all I care.

Old 07-28-2013, 08:20 PM   #674
MarvelU
Side-Kick

1) X2: X-Men United (The amount of X-Men, the mature themes, and the plot has made this movie my favorite movie in the franchise so far.)

2 - Tied) X-Men (I remember watching this when I was about 9 years old, one of my favorite movies ever. Bought all the action figures after and became an even bigger X-men fan.)

2 - Tied) X-Men: First Class (Good movie that explored the origin of Magneto and Xaviers friendship. This movie was "safe" for the most part, but the plot was decent. This movie certainly made me care for X-men movies again)

3) The Wolverine (Character piece that explored who Wolverine is, the plot may have been disappointing to me somewhat and "safe", but It had some good moments that made me like it overall.)

The rest I didn't like too much.

Old 07-28-2013, 08:24 PM   #675
javi1024
DANGER ZONE!

Quote:
1. X2: X-Men United
2. X-Men: First Class
3. The Wolverine
4. X-Men: The Last Stand
5: X-Men

No, X-Men Origins: Wolverine does not make my list.

Nightcrawler: ".....British or Japanese Psylocke?"
Closed Thread