The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 12:58 PM   #151
josh8
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 7

OMG look how tall the OT cast is compared to the 70s cast. Is that because they have bigger egos?? I bet that's why Bryan likes them more.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:58 PM   #152
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
In that it might mean that Singer intends to throw the First Class cast under the bus and focus on his original cast reunion, in particular Wolverine once again. Naturally, it's only a photo op, but there is something strange about how everyone is arranged and there have been rumours that First Class cast members like Lawrence have been dissatisfied with how little they have to do in the film.

EDIT: Double B's post has some merits, but it is still pretty clear that the OT cast is more spread out and formally arranged. Maybe it's because more of them are established stars with egos. Not necessarily an indication of how the film will turn out, but it's an interesting thing to wonder about.
No.

Just...no.

”We live in times when hate and fear seem stronger. We rise and fall, and light from dying embers: remembrances that hope and love last longer. And love is love is love is love is love is love is love cannot be killed or swept aside."
Old 07-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #153
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
Or that the seating arrangements dictated anything about OT vs. FC screentime.
Haha. True.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:01 PM   #154
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
OMG look how tall the OT cast is compared to the 70s cast. Is that because they have bigger egos?? I bet that's why Bryan likes them more.

It may be an ego thing with the boxes, seeing as the smallest guy there doesn't need a box

J.J. Abrams “We are standing on the shoulders of Episodes I through VI.”

(Always Manage Expectations.)

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 07-21-2013 at 01:19 PM.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:01 PM   #155
DKDetective
Problem Eliminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
I dunno where you are getting your information from, the FC lot have been filming for 2 or 3 months, while OT 4 weeks
Our very own FilmNerdJamie's ThinkMcFlyThink website/Movie Moan podcast. The rumour was a bit older but it's interesting nonetheless given the photo.

Quote:
Oh come on! It's a picture... and it's called PERSPECTIVE. The people on the left only look more bunched up because the pic is taken at a severe angle from the right.

There are seven people on the right and seven on the left. Hugh and Halle are standing right on opposite sides of the middle split. Give it a a rest.
Yes, persective, but you can get a better idea of how they are spaced out based on using the stage pieces as a measure. Five of the FC cast are standing on one of the 4 segments while 2-3 people are standing on each of the other ones. Not saying it means anything regarding the film, but given past rumours and certain fan fears, certain thoughts do pop into one's head. Like I said, it could do with OT cast members being established stars with egos or maybe the FC cast is a more tight knit group while the OT cast has gone their separate ways or what have you, but the two groups are posed rather differently.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:02 PM   #156
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:

Old 07-21-2013, 01:03 PM   #157
Great Mind(s)
Broken

I think it may be because they're returning to the franchise since 2006...

Old 07-21-2013, 01:04 PM   #158
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

It's probably just the way they are standing there when they got on there, I mean I'm surprised mckellen is at the end while Stewart and jackman are near the middle, same with fassbender

Old 07-21-2013, 01:05 PM   #159
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
I'm more interested in how the First Class cast seems to be crowded together in a little corner while the OT cast is all spread out and perfectly arranged and posed with boxes for both Paquin and Page.
Are you also not considering that the photographer was standing at one end of the cast, and his angle to get the photo just looks like the FC class is in a corner?

”We live in times when hate and fear seem stronger. We rise and fall, and light from dying embers: remembrances that hope and love last longer. And love is love is love is love is love is love is love cannot be killed or swept aside."
Old 07-21-2013, 01:07 PM   #160
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Dept perception, get your 3d glasses out people

Old 07-21-2013, 01:07 PM   #161
JP
Smelly

Old 07-21-2013, 01:09 PM   #162
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Our very own FilmNerdJamie's ThinkMcFlyThink website/Movie Moan podcast. The rumour was a bit older but it's interesting nonetheless given the photo.
Which he got from an un-sourced article in Star Magazine? Please.

Quote:
Yes, persective, but you can get a better idea of how they are spaced out based on using the stage pieces as a measure. Five of the FC cast are standing on one of the 4 segments while 2-3 people are standing on each of the other ones. Not saying it means anything regarding the film, but given past rumours and certain fan fears, certain thoughts do pop into one's head. Like I said, it could do with OT cast members being established stars with egos or maybe the FC cast is a more tight knit group while the OT cast has gone their separate ways or what have you, but the two groups are posed rather differently.
It tells nothing. It's a photo of a huge cast who assembled quickly for a crowded photo shoot. Anything that can be inferred is simply in one's mind, and has little to no bearing in the reality.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:10 PM   #163
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
If you really want to look at it that way, then let's do that.

The panel with the least people (meaning the most space-hogging) is the panel with only Jennifer and Hugh. Are they OT only? NO. So by your interpretation, Jennifer and Hugh have the biggest egos. So let's now start the rumor that all the FC cast is tight knit except for Jennifer. OOOHHH I bet it's because she just won an Oscar.

Do you see now how any notion can be created from thin air if you already have a bias in your head? It's complete nonsense. There are a million reasons why the photo is arranged the way it is. Maybe Jen cut one and the FC cast backed off. WhoTF knows!?!

Old 07-21-2013, 01:11 PM   #164
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

It's many things, is the angle its showing, its that there is a few less FC and the way they are standing, is dept perception

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 07-21-2013 at 01:16 PM.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:21 PM   #165
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

And Hugh Jackman tweeted a picture of Michael Fassbender from their post-panel party last night. Guess there's really a rift there...

Old 07-21-2013, 01:25 PM   #166
DKDetective
Problem Eliminator

Quote:
If you really want to look at it that way, then let's do that.

The panel with the least people (meaning the most space-hogging) is the panel with only Jennifer and Hugh. Are they OT only? NO. So by your interpretation, Jennifer and Hugh have the biggest egos. So let's now start the rumor that all the FC cast is tight knit except for Jennifer. OOOHHH I bet it's because she just won an Oscar.

Do you see now how any notion can be created from thin air if you already have a bias in your head? It's complete nonsense. There are a million reasons why the photo is arranged the way it is. Maybe Jen cut one and the FC cast backed off. WhoTF knows!?!
I never said that was my interpretation or said that I believed it. I said that was one of many things that it could, like you ****ing said too. Did you not notice how practical every one of my posts on this subject has included a phrase like "doesn't necessarily mean anything" or "could be for a bunch of reasons". It was DarthSkywalker who brought up the implication. I just elaborated on what he meant to someone who asked. All I ever said was it was interesting.

Quote:
Which he got from an un-sourced article in Star Magazine? Please.
Did I ever say that the rumour was solid or that I believed it? All I have argued is that it is not just perspective and the FC cast other than Lawrence are more crowded together (count the number of people per panel) and casually posed and that the photo's angle and what have you has magnified that effect.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #167
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
I never said that was my interpretation or said that I believed it. I said that was one of many things that it could, like you ****ing said too. Did you not notice how practical every one of my posts on this subject has included a phrase like "doesn't necessarily mean anything" or "could be for a bunch of reasons". It was DarthSkywalker who brought up the implication. I just elaborated on what he meant to someone who asked. All I ever said was it was interesting.
No, this is what you said:

Quote:
Not saying it means anything regarding the film, but given past rumours and certain fan fears, certain thoughts do pop into one's head. Like I said, it could do with OT cast members being established stars with egos or maybe the FC cast is a more tight knit group while the OT cast has gone their separate ways or what have you, but the two groups are posed rather differently.
So now, we're supposed to assume that when you say things, they're not your opinion but someone else's and you're just helping them? No, this is one of your interpretations based on rumors you heard. Granted, it may not be your only interpretation, but it is one. It says it right up there.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #168
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
I never said that was my interpretation or said that I believed. I said that was one of many things that it could, like you ****ing said too. Did you not notice how practical every one of my posts on this subject has included a phrase like "doesn't necessarily mean anything" or "could be for a bunch of reasons". It was DarthSkywalker who brought up the implication. I just elaborated on what he meant to someone who asked. All I ever said was it was interesting.
Settle down. You're making ridiculous assumptions based on a crowd photo, whether you're prefacing it with calling it a rumor or not. Don't be surprised if the overwhelming response is not to agree with it.

Do you get how silly this all sounds?

Quote:
Did I ever say that the rumour was solid or that I believed it? All I have argued is that it is not just perspective and the FC cast other than Lawrence are more crowded together (count the number of people per panel) and casually posed and that the photo's angle and what have you has magnified that effect.
No, you used it to validate your assumption. And it's still just as ridiculous.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:33 PM   #169
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
No, actually Double B's post is exactly right. The problem is that you have a preconceived notion in your head and need to project it in any way you can find.

I'm not trying to be harsh, but this really is how bogus rumors and unfounded negativity start. Someone sees one pic of an actor not looking the happiest, and some idiotic report citing unknown sources comes out about how this actor is so and so. Just classic.
Exactly.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:34 PM   #170
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Settle down. You're making ridiculous assumptions based on a crowd photo, whether you're prefacing it with calling it a rumor or not. Don't be surprised if the overwhelming response is not to agree with it.
Exactly right. The whole "It could just be a rumor but..." is just a cheap way of protecting yourself when you want to say something inflammatory but don't want to deal with the fallout.

It's the equivalent to the "no homo" self-protection spell.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:37 PM   #171
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Exactly right. The whole "It could just be a rumor but..." is just a cheap way of protecting yourself when you want to say something inflammatory but don't want to deal with the fallout.

It's the equivalent to the "no homo" self-protection spell.
And based on a photo, of which there are likely hundreds of from every angle of where they're standing.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:47 PM   #172
Snikt
Side-Kick

Did this thread really go from being super freaking X-Cited about DOFP to being worried the First Class cast is getting thrown under the bus? Really guys? Come one?

It's an ensemble cast. Everyone will get their time to shine

Old 07-21-2013, 01:48 PM   #173
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt View Post
Did this thread really go from being super freaking X-Cited about DOFP to being worried the First Class cast is getting thrown under the bus? Really guys? Come one?

It's an ensemble cast. Everyone will get their time to shine
The worry came over a single photo.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:53 PM   #174
DKDetective
Problem Eliminator

Quote:
No, this is what you said:

So now, we're supposed to assume that when you say things, they're not your opinion but someone else's and you're just helping them? No, this is one of your interpretations based on rumors you heard. Granted, it may not be your only interpretation, but it is one. It says it right up there.
Yep, it reminded me of the rumour and a bunch of posts I read way back about people being afraid that Singer would sideline the FC characters. Guilty as charged, but I doubt that will happen and I never seriously took the photo as meaning that. Despite Danoyse's post above, I never made an assumption that the photo validated the rumour or vice versa, just noticed the SUPERFICIAL similarity between the photo and the rumour, which DarthSkywalker seemed to notice based on his comment.

You are the ones who are taking a quoted response to a post wondering about why Paquin and Page are on boxes way too seriously. Frankly, that is just as silly as my intentionally silly original comment. Only thing I was serious about and arguing is that people are grouped somewhat unevenly in a photo.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:54 PM   #175
Double B
Side-Kick

And lest we forget, the original article that came from... Star Magazine, I believe, stated the the FC were cast that Hugh and Anna were getting too much screentime. The very same Anna that filmed for two weeks, tops.

So it was a pile of bull.

Closed Thread