The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Old 01-21-2013, 08:01 PM   #426
the last son
Side-Kick

Default Re: What if Justice League bombs?

Also I really enjoyed all 4 solo movies leading up into the avengers. But it sucked. And I probably will not be going to see avengers 2. I mean I probably will but with very low expectations and never again at midnight. I am still looking forward to captain America.

the last son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:07 PM   #427
Showtime
Your Friend In Time

You're entitled to your opinion, but opinions on quality aside, Marvel is kicking WB/DC's ass at the moment. Not sure what DC is going to do to combat that. By the time Justice League happens Avengers 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy will have already dropped. WB/DC is very behind.

Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:12 PM   #428
the last son
Side-Kick

I agree but my point is don't just rush out some crap for the heck of it. I mean marvel script took two hours to write. I don't care if justice league comes out in 2020 I just want it to be without question the best comic movie ever made. I still think there should be a reboot of GL, Batman, and WOnder WOman movies made first. But if they have to make one sooner it should be a two parter. LOTR style as to where it is 2 and a half hours long for part 1 and less than a year part 2 comes out.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:14 PM   #429
the last son
Side-Kick

I respect what Marvel did though all the way up to the actual avengers movie. But they're marketing plans for it was maybe the best ever. In terms of anything. That was beautiful to watch the setup occur over 5 movies. Even if story took a backseat in those movies to accomplish one goal. Well it took a backseat period for money and that's fine. Now I know. But for me to stay interested they now have to take chances in story. They have money.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:05 PM   #430
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMylesOBoogie View Post
I saw Gangster Squad and thought the script was terrible. WB need to get David S. Goyer on this project.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
I'm serious. I like Goyer as a writer and don't get the hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Are you DrMylesOBoogie? Seemed like you replied to the question that was directed at him.
Yeah, seriously, these are two differnet posters, yet "the last son" responded to a question directed at someone else..not too sure what to make of it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatNC View Post
I have utter faith in WB to screw up any comic book property outside of Batman. While I hope they start getting it right i'm worried that they seem to be rushing all this out to compete with Marvel rather than just making a solid plan and sticking to it. Marvel got the jump on them while proving you can develop lesser known characters and now they are being reactionary.
They need to quit worrying about what Marvel is doing and just start ground zero of JL with MOS. Bad thing is Snyder is hit and miss as well. As a geek i'm pretty sure I will really like MOS but i'm not sure it will be a "success" in WB's eyes.
I just have a bad feeling about the whole JL thing when they set a 2015 date just to compete with Avengers II rather than have a vision of their own.
unfortunately, this is how I feel

Quote:
I can tell in the avengers. The script was crap. If he made anymore 80,000 to write that crap. I mean just look at the simple tone of the script. Heroes come together. Fight like 5 year old during a natural crisis. Dumb down loki to the point of embarrassment. Turn every hero into tony stark. It felt as though whedon never even saw the other movies because all their characters were dumbed down and not anything close to who they were in the other movies. Just writing this now I'm shaking my head. It sucked. Just a bunch of one liners from everyone. Outside of great visuals and the hulk in a fight scene the script was as bad as batman and robin. PERIOD!!!!
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
I didn't like it either. But I've never liked Whedon aside from things he had small contributions to like Toy Story or Roseanne. I still got 5 great lead-up movies beforehand.

But he pulled something together other people liked, I don't see why someone else can't do the same with more time. Except this time I hope I'm in the group that does enjoy it.
Could be because of your dislike of Whedon maybe? The human mind is an interesting thing, I would know, since i'll be chasing a grad degree in psych. I hate Jaimie Foxx, I didn't like Django. Didn't like it.

And when I think about it real hard, its probably because Jaimie Foxx was in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
I'm sorry, it just comes across as a huge case of sour grapes when a DC fan pisses on Marvel's $1.5 B grossing, 92% tomato meter, A+ Cine-scoring mega-hit.
yeah, lol seriously, what's the point of even competing, I didn't enjoy The Dark Knight that much, I did enjoy TDKR, and I thought Batman begins was awesome. I'm a marvel fan. I've thought watchmen was the best comic book movie I've seen for a long time. Can't people like both?

Quote:
Also I really enjoyed all 4 solo movies leading up into the avengers. But it sucked. And I probably will not be going to see avengers 2. I mean I probably will but with very low expectations and never again at midnight. I am still looking forward to captain America.
I really don't get the logic, but something here, as mentioned, suggests that you MAY have two accounts here, and because of that, you loose credibility, in my eyes.

New MCU battles will be held each week in the Marvel Films forum!

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #431
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Could be because of your dislike of Whedon maybe? The human mind is an interesting thing, I would know, since i'll be chasing a grad degree in psych. I hate Jaimie Foxx, I didn't like Django. Didn't like it.
Yep. That's exactly why I didn't like it.

2016: "This movie sucked because it didn't have a designated meddling executive."
HighFivingMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:29 PM   #432
the last son
Side-Kick

I really don't get the logic, but something here, as mentioned, suggests that you MAY have two accounts here, and because of that, you loose credibility, in my eyes.[/QUOTE]

Why would I need two accounts?

Old 01-21-2013, 10:19 PM   #433
ThePowerCosmic
"No."

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Yeah, seriously, these are two differnet posters, yet "the last son" responded to a question directed at someone else..not too sure what to make of it...

Why would I need two accounts?[/QUOTE]

Because you directly replied to a question that was for DrMylesOBoogie. As if you were him answering the question. Just seemed strange...

ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:40 AM   #434
jmc
away for a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
You're entitled to your opinion, but opinions on quality aside, Marvel is kicking WB/DC's ass at the moment. Not sure what DC is going to do to combat that. By the time Justice League happens Avengers 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy will have already dropped. WB/DC is very behind.
Something tells me WB aren't too fussed about being behind.

jmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:43 AM   #435
Project862006
Banned User

^pretty much they did with just batman...twice, what marvel needed 4 heroes team up to do

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:44 AM   #436
jmc
away for a while

More to the point WB has interests out side of superheroes, they're not exactly struggling. I don't buy it that WB thinks they are behind, I think they are quite content with letting others take the risks first and then trying to emulate the same success with their own stuff. No one likes to be the first to try new things in Hollywood and WB ain't no different. I have no doubt in my mind that WB are perfectly happy with pumping out Batman and Superman films and leaving the secondary characters to lesser mediums like TV and animation.

Last edited by jmc; 01-22-2013 at 12:49 AM.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:50 AM   #437
SoNicRaDiATioN
Banned User

apples and oranges really.

SoNicRaDiATioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:03 AM   #438
jmc
away for a while

^ It is, the only competition stems from the message boards online, Marvel fans crowing about how DC is behind, DC fans crying about why doesn't WB do something. The truth is the situation has and always will be different for both studios, it really annoys me that fans just don't see that and continuously turn things into a piss contest. WB is looking out for their interests, Marvel is looking out for their interests.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:13 PM   #439
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:
I can tell in the avengers. The script was crap.
Quote:
I like Goyer as a writer and don't get the hate.

Swallow flies south before the fall, before the winter can call...
Can call in each borrower - for what was given

--Serenity in Motion--
Moridin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:22 PM   #440
BH/HHH
You Are My World

The thing is when people say DC/WBs are behind yes they are but WBs has other properties not just DC I'm not saying Disney dont aswell but I think WBs should take their time. Rushing into projects is not the answer.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:40 AM   #441
DrMylesOBoogie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
Deadly serious. He knocked the Batman origin out of the park and MOS looks incredible too.

DrMylesOBoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:39 AM   #442
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
More to the point WB has interests out side of superheroes, they're not exactly struggling. I don't buy it that WB thinks they are behind, I think they are quite content with letting others take the risks first and then trying to emulate the same success with their own stuff. No one likes to be the first to try new things in Hollywood and WB ain't no different. I have no doubt in my mind that WB are perfectly happy with pumping out Batman and Superman films and leaving the secondary characters to lesser mediums like TV and animation.
Exactly. Warner Bros has been going "Oh Mer Gurd! Harry Potter money!" for the last 10 years. And now they have Hobbit money.

DC hasn't been top priority. Nor should it be top priority when you have a franchise that averages $963 M dollars per film.

KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:41 AM   #443
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Well potter is over.Bats is over.Dc might not have been a priority it sure is now

Zionite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:13 PM   #444
Llama_Shepherd
Banned User

Which is why Justice League is in development. And Superman's potential franchise. As for Batman, the reboot is slated for 5 years time, which is only one year longer than the gap between the last films.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:19 PM   #445
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:
Deadly serious. He knocked the Batman origin out of the park and MOS looks incredible too.
Except he didn't write Begins on his own, Chris Nolan co-wrote it with him. Man of Steel is half a year away & so not relevant (although Kurt Johnstad was hired to rewrite part/all of it).

Goyer also has these gems to his name:
The Unborn (Written by)
Blade Trinity (written & directed by)
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (story/screenplay. 1 of 3 writers)
Jumper (screenplay, 1 of 3 writers)

and the crown jewel;

Nick Fury: Agent of Shield (written by)

So you see my apprehension over him trying to claim full credit for MoS, and my skepticism at anyone wanting him to write more movies.

The only way I'd be cool with him writing JL is if he was co-writing with someone who is far better than he is. Him on his own is the last thing a JL movie needs.

Swallow flies south before the fall, before the winter can call...
Can call in each borrower - for what was given

--Serenity in Motion--

Last edited by Moridin; 01-24-2013 at 12:28 PM.
Moridin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:33 PM   #446
shauner111
Side-Kick

Wow, so somebody didnt like Tarantinos Django Unchained because Jamie Foxx was in it. That actually tells me a lot about you lol and ur tastes for film.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:05 PM   #447
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
Which is why Justice League is in development. And Superman's potential franchise. As for Batman, the reboot is slated for 5 years time, which is only one year longer than the gap between the last films.
Exactly.

KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:36 AM   #448
DrMylesOBoogie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
Except he didn't write Begins on his own, Chris Nolan co-wrote it with him. Man of Steel is half a year away & so not relevant (although Kurt Johnstad was hired to rewrite part/all of it).

Goyer also has these gems to his name:
The Unborn (Written by)
Blade Trinity (written & directed by)
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (story/screenplay. 1 of 3 writers)
Jumper (screenplay, 1 of 3 writers)

and the crown jewel;

Nick Fury: Agent of Shield (written by)

So you see my apprehension over him trying to claim full credit for MoS, and my skepticism at anyone wanting him to write more movies.

The only way I'd be cool with him writing JL is if he was co-writing with someone who is far better than he is. Him on his own is the last thing a JL movie needs.
Unborn and Blade Trinity are both crap. He's not a good director. Jumper wasn't as terrible as people made out. A better leading man and I think it would have worked. Anyway we are talking about his scripting and right now there isn't anybody in hollywood I can think of that has nailed a comic book property as well as him, script-wise.

DrMylesOBoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:22 AM   #449
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Unborn and Blade Trinity are both crap. He's not a good director. Jumper wasn't as terrible as people made out. A better leading man and I think it would have worked. Anyway we are talking about his scripting and right now there isn't anybody in hollywood I can think of that has nailed a comic book property as well as him, script-wise.
I haven't seen Unborn. But Blade: Trinity suffered a lot because of studio interference. Not saying that it would have been good if he'd been completely in control, there's no way to know that. But as is, the studio ****ed it up.

2016: "This movie sucked because it didn't have a designated meddling executive."
HighFivingMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:34 PM   #450
superhero
Side-Kick

i don't think it would bomb every one likes batman or super man they shoulddo what marvel did realse a wonder women a flash or martian man hunter solos moive first like Marvel did if they try do it like the Agveners i don't think people will like it i heard it coming out summer 2015 thats the same year for the Agveners 2 i still thinkit will do wel epcialy ifthey get harny caville as super man not sure if people will go for differnt guy playing batman. but i guess they will. if they make it samuler or something like the Agveners then i wont think people wouldn't see it if its like the Agveners

superhero is offline   Reply With Quote