Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

Old 03-06-2016, 02:59 AM   #226
Drz
Real Hero

Default Re: Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortchange View Post

Thanks for the tweet!

"Social critics donít mean a thing to me. Itís really easy to ignore them, because I believe in what Iím doing 100 percent. So any naysayers for the public good can just buzz off. They might be a drag for a moment, but after that moment is over, it always ends up being gasoline to my fire." - Quentin Tarantino
Drz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 06:35 AM   #227
jaymes_e06
Super Member pun intended

This just sucks. I kind of expected it though.

THEPro cras tinator
Site: https://hampton6blog.wordpress.com/
jaymes_e06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 09:18 AM   #228
I Am The Knight
Spinning Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacit-ronin- View Post
Neil Gaiman personally had the movie shut down back in the nineties after he found out what Jon Peters did to the script. If Neil is still on board with than so am I.
Wouldn't shock me if Gaiman announced his departure from the project now.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630! / Ɉ
I Am The Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 04:55 PM   #229
2kt09
Here 'N' There

My interest just keeps getting lower. Fingers crossed this can rebound.

2kt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 07:46 PM   #230
Rorschach2012
$

this **** is taking way too long...shame. it could be so good. And it'd add so much to the DCEU if they make the RIGHT decision and decide to connect it like it was connected to the DCU in the comics

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 10:39 PM   #231
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

No one would give a crap if SANDMAN was or wasn't part of the DCEU. For the wider population, hell, even among comic book readers... Those are two types of "universes" that don't have as much overlap as some would like to believe. I worked in a comic book shop in the 90's when SANDMAN was at it's height of popularity and I can assure you all, that the people that came in on Wednesdays to pick up their VERTIGO stuff weren't also picking up JLA and Superman and Green Lantern. Especially when we consider the context of modern audiences in movies, I just can't figure anyone really caring that SANDMAN would be part of the DCEU. Say there is an EASTER EGG or the like that definitively says, "Hey folks, see, we mentioned Arkham/The Daily Planet/The Justice League/Flash, see, SEE! We are in the DCEU", I think since I can't see such a thing having much affect on the story (and if it did... Yeah, people that want to see SANDMAN, Gaiman's SANDMAN, they won't care) and in fact might be seen as a "crass" cross promotion since after a while in the comics themselves Gaiman's work was further and further separated into it's own separate thing. Doctor Destiny and Element Girl may have been in early issues, and the stuff with Lyta Hall (seriously... Want to try directly adapting THAT with all the continuity issues it brings up?) being the mother of the new Dream ect. is a thread going through to the end, but honestly, that character doesn't need to have super hero parents in an adaptation. There is no "right" thing to do here. There's just what some fans unthinkingly want, which seems to be full on carbon copying the DCU as they prefer it, and such a thing is never going to happen because it's impossible. Marvel Studios and FOX have not done that. Neither has WB so far.

As for JGL leaving? Meh... SANDMAN would in my opinion, not saying RIGHT or WRONG, probably benefit better from the long format of streaming or pay cable considering the content. And content is another thing... The content of SANDMAN may well simply always be a niche thing. To do it right means lots of SFX and amazing production values but I think in the end the studio even under the best circumstances would end up with a product few out there really wanted in the first place in the general audience.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ NOW ON ITUNES. NEW EPISODE, FAREWELL TO SUMMER, IN THE NEWS AND THESE THINGS WRITE THEMSELVES.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 10:52 PM   #232
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Yeah sandman definitely doesn't fit in the DCEU at all. There were only a few instances where the dcu was referenced in the sandman books. And it definitely didnt impact the story in any huge way.

Old 08-02-2016, 08:48 PM   #233
Sawyer
I Want to Believe

https://twitter.com/HIGHzurrer/statu...49895594209282
Quote:
Eric Heisserer
‏@HIGHzurrer

After six months of development, interviews, writing, and research, I think I have to walk away from something.

While there is a possibility to make a good movie from the property, I know in my heart it would fare better as a prestige series.

I didn't make a flippant decision on this, I worked hard to see if there was a way, but I can see the better version and it's not a feature.

I'm not mad at anyone, but maybe this will help it find the home it deserves.

If somehow I can still be a voice in the room for that iteration, great, but it's more important the project gets its best chance.
One guess what he's referring to.

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 08:53 PM   #234
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

My guess too. Sandman does work better as limited series. Could kill it with an 8 episode HBO series.

He's a busy man too. Writing 'Lights Out 2', Van Helsing, And Then There Were None plus the Valiant comics movie adaptation of Harbinger.

Last edited by Fallen Angel; 08-02-2016 at 09:07 PM.
Fallen Angel is online now   Reply With Quote