The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2016, 10:40 PM   #976
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKR1977 View Post
I'm new here, but I've read as much of the thread as I can do far. I've seen people touching on DNA, and how Lex might have gotten hold of Clark's. Just finished watching MOS again. One of Zod's cronies takes a sample of his blood. And Lex now has that ship. So...
Wrong ship. Jaxur took the blood sample from Superman but it was aboard the Black Zero, not the Scout Ship, which is the one Lex has, since the Black Zero was crushed in a singularity that lead to the Phantom Zone.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ In Memoriam: Steve Ditko and ANT-MAN AND THE WASP Spoiler Review Discussion.
Old 01-21-2016, 10:42 PM   #977
TDKR1977
Batfreak

Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
Supes as batman's white whale? I like it. One could imagine the powerlessness connected with these two events in Bruce's life: When his parents died, he was a relatively helpless child that had to grow into the batman for retribution. When the superman fallout settled on his mind, even the batman seemed too weak. He must again try to rise to a level and in so doing...sinks morally due to an obsessive need for something.
Good call. I love it. My favorite Bat stories were the ones where he's a flawed human.

Old 01-21-2016, 10:46 PM   #978
Silly Cat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Losing in this movie doesn't end him, though. He can still appear down the road.
Exactly, to me what distinguishes a 'great' villian from the mediocre ones is that a great villian always lives to fight another day. The hero might foil his plan for now, but you know he'll come back with an even bigger plan.

Old 01-21-2016, 10:47 PM   #979
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

It sounds weird, but I think it would be cool if Lex injected Zod's DNA into himself, and escaped prison in the end. Comic bookey, but that would be neat.

Old 01-21-2016, 10:48 PM   #980
Dr doomsday
Side-Kick

I rest my case Arrow is the batman Ra's story we should get, but never will look at it's own story and not as batman thing and the story is fine, and in truth Ra's waiting centuries for batman is no different, I want to see Ra's offer actually play out if the comics won't do it I'll take an alternative. You proved my point if it was batman story no one would complain, there's nothing wrong with the story just who it is therefore your complaint is empty.

Anyway, that's not what this forum is about so go ahead and disagree I'll drop this let's get back on topic, Lex is going to lose naturally but I don't think he's going to caught his reputation may be damaged but I think it will only be that at worst. Lex will probably be arrested in JL when he is likely exposed as a possible partner to Darkseid.

Old 01-21-2016, 10:53 PM   #981
Broseph44
Witness Me

God damn these BvS always get off track. It becomes DC vs Marvel, or DC films vs DC TV. Or something random and has nothing to do with BvS at all.

Old 01-21-2016, 10:57 PM   #982
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Old 01-21-2016, 10:58 PM   #983
jokesonm3
Jokes For Short.

Tis a calm before a very big storm in two months.

Old 01-21-2016, 10:59 PM   #984
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
This.

I want to see what Batman's saying Two more months
Yeah, I think the dialog between the two in costume will be handled well, if the party scene is anything to go by. We really have to take the words of Alfred to heart here, in terms of Bruce's mind set, since he doesn't know Superman the way we all know he will in the future. This is a suicide mission. Bruce thinks he's going up against a force that has a very good chance, even if his plans work, to killing him in an instant. But he's over come by emotion and he thinks he's the only person on the planet that can do this. He has to or he wouldn't be doing this. He believes in his heart this is the course he must take. And we know the Batman... He will do all in his considerable power to complete what ever task he's set for himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
Supes as batman's white whale? I like it. One could imagine the powerlessness connected with these two events in Bruce's life: When his parents died, he was a relatively helpless child that had to grow into the batman for retribution. When the superman fallout settled on his mind, even the batman seemed too weak. He must again try to rise to a level and in so doing...sinks morally due to an obsessive need for something.
This is what I am getting from the footage and dialog we have so far. I think Superman may be going through a period where the learning curve of what he has to deal with in the role he has assigned himself is as steep as it's ever been. He's sort of blinded by his rational side. You see that in his words to Bruce at the party and even in the "threat" to Batman. I think that there's a bit of inspiration from RED SON going on. That version of Supes wanted the best for the world but couldn't see how his fascist solutions were not the answer the world really needed and that he was keeping people safe but not free. Could be that figures into Superman's motivations in BvS.

Bruce is a ball of emotions, clouding his judgment. Let's not pretend that Batman, at least in many, many recent iterations, has been known to be prick. He does get enjoyment out of the retribution he wreaks on the criminal scum and predators of Gotham. I think he KNOWS that Clark is Superman in that scene. He's the world's greatest detective after all. So, think about that... Batman is calling Superman to his FACE something akin to a serial killer that killed his partner. This is a Batman that REALLY dislikes this Superman. Bringing up Joker just illustrates how personal Bruce has made this. Perhaps that's part of the clash too. I mean, there's few things worse than an argument where one side is being so rational, so logical and bloodless in their position, that you feel they are being blind to some real world issues that don't have a clear cut and totally logical answer, while the other side is so motivated by emotion and underlying psychological triggers, that they are blind to practical solutions and important and necessary compromise.

I would hope that such motivations under gird the character actions in the film. Both sides need to learn something from this conflict, no matter that some aspects may be manipulated by a third party.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ In Memoriam: Steve Ditko and ANT-MAN AND THE WASP Spoiler Review Discussion.
Old 01-21-2016, 11:04 PM   #985
WitchTrialz
Wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokesonm3 View Post
Tis a calm before a very big storm in two months.
Im sorry but TWO MONTHS!!! I can barely believe it

Old 01-21-2016, 11:11 PM   #986
Silly Cat
Side-Kick

Th Wink Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

I wonder what the turning point will be...how will Batman come to realize Superman isn't a threat?

I wonder if it will be during their fight itself, Bruce seeing that Superman is holding back might be his realization. As Bruce is expecting this to be a suicide mission...seeing Superman refrain from killing him when he knows he could, might make him realize he was wrong about him.

Old 01-21-2016, 11:18 PM   #987
jokesonm3
Jokes For Short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Cat View Post
I wonder what the turning point will be...how will Batman come to realize Superman isn't a threat?

I wonder if it will be during their fight itself, Bruce seeing that Superman is holding back might be his realization. As Bruce is expecting this to be a suicide mission...seeing Superman refrain from killing him when he knows he could, might make him realize he was wrong about him.
When he finally smacks some sense into him.

Old 01-21-2016, 11:39 PM   #988
TX85
Banned User

Post Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm so anxious to see the final shot with the heroes, There's much potential like. .

-Batman and Superman simply shake hands or nod.

-Batman walks away and turns when Superman mentions forming a team with Wonder Woman smiling.

-Wonder Woman flies away while Batman and Superman are left standing on a roof top.

-Three different shots that has WW teleporting/vanishing away,Batman on a gargoyle in Gotham and then Superman flying over a sunny Metropolis.

Old 01-21-2016, 11:41 PM   #989
Clark-Kent
I don't need glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzel View Post
If you watch STAS, there was always tons of destruction each episode.... Snyder's keeping it real and adding the actual consequences of it, which couldn't be possible in a cartoon, or Marvel movie, since they are run by the Mouse House.
I think the criticism (to some fair, to others unfair) of MOS destruction being too much was a catalyst towards the storyline of BvS. If people didn't make it a bigger deal, I don't know if we'd have what looks to be as strong of a story. In my opinion other superhero films got a pass for their destruction and never had to followup with a story regarding it. Kind of groundbreaking to have it as part of BvS in a way

Old 01-21-2016, 11:54 PM   #990
jokesonm3
Jokes For Short.

If think that either Wonder Woman or Superman suggests that they form a team with other heroes, but then Batman turns around and says: "I work solo." and drives away with the Batmobile.

Now that sounds like Batman.

Last edited by jokesonm3; 01-22-2016 at 12:03 AM.
Old 01-22-2016, 12:00 AM   #991
WitchTrialz
Wicked

Quote:
If think that either Wonder WOman or Superman suggests that they form a team with other heroes, but then Batman turns around and says: "I work solo." and drives away with the Batmobile.

Superman tells bruce "the offer is on the table"

As hes driving we get a VO of the deceased jason todd
"Will you always be there for when i get into trouble?"
Bruce responds
"We're a team. We'll always be a team"
Batman thinks longingly, then increases the speed of the bat mobile and zooms off into the night
Roll credits

Old 01-22-2016, 12:03 AM   #992
jokesonm3
Jokes For Short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WitchTrialz View Post
Superman tells bruce "the offer is on the table"

As hes driving we get a VO of the deceased jason todd
"Will you always be there for when i get into trouble?"
Bruce responds
"We're a team. We'll always be a team"
Batman thinks longingly, then increases the speed of the bat mobile and zooms off into the night
Roll credits

Old 01-22-2016, 12:04 AM   #993
Clark-Kent
I don't need glasses

Quote:
If think that either Wonder Woman or Superman suggests that they form a team with other heroes, but then Batman turns around and says: "I work solo." and drives away with the Batmobile.

I always liked how in the animated JL series he'd act like he wasn't actually a part of team but always end up being involved

Old 01-22-2016, 12:14 AM   #994
TX85
Banned User

Bats is the type that acts too cool to be apart something like team but always has each members back no matter what or where.

Old 01-22-2016, 12:15 AM   #995
MurkeNyou
Side-Kick

Bats is too loyal, that is both a potential weakness and his saving grace. The animated series really dials in that he is still just a human in a costume. So he has to try harder than anyone else to be a true Superhero. Like Amanda Waller called him, the most dangerous Man alive. And you cross his family and friends, he will hunt you down.

Old 01-22-2016, 12:32 AM   #996
GreenKToo
In the fire

The hero is only as good as his villain. To many times I've seen the villain killed off ( joker in B89, goblin in Spidey 2).
Just once i'd like to see the villain survive, and get off scott free.

Imagine seeing Supe's and Bat's faces as they watch Lex walk away, knowing he's guilty as sin, but there is nothing they can do legally about it.
Oh sure, they defeat him and his plans, but they have no proof, no paper trail to tie him to anything.

Lex would be humbled, but would come back later even more determined to take supes down.

Old 01-22-2016, 12:39 AM   #997
Tra-El
Side-Kick

The uniting of the Justice League does not have to be straight forward in dialogue. I think it would be cool to have a nod towards it with the hero's going their separate ways apart from each other. Have Clark, Bruce and Diana spend individual moments speaking to their other half's or mentors (Clark-Lois; Bruce; Alfred; Diana; Trevor) where all 3 of their voices are talking at once realizing they are destined to see and need each other again.

Suicide Squad : 2
Wonder Woman: 3
Justice League: 2
Aquaman
Shazam!
Wonder Woman: 1984
Old 01-22-2016, 12:47 AM   #998
Black Narcissus
Pimp a Butterfly

Rewatching TDKReturns.

My favorite Superman till date.

Goddamn.

Old 01-22-2016, 12:49 AM   #999
Chip Chipperson
None of this matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Narcissus View Post
Rewatching TDKReturns.

My favorite Superman till date.

Goddamn.
Lolllllll

Old 01-22-2016, 12:53 AM   #1000
kedrell
Fork&SpoonOperator

Don't know if this had been posted yet but I thought it was hilarious:

Closed Thread