The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Titans

Old 09-16-2017, 08:34 PM   #1
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota

Default Perez/Wolfman version of Deathstroke.

I hope if he appears, they go for that version. THAT version of that character has always been my favorite version, in attitude and powerset.

I don't know if he will be available or not be it he is to have further future use us for Arrow or Batman or both, but he honestly belongs to the Titans more than any other title.

Anyway, REALLY looking forward to this series.

My DCEU Movie Grades:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
MoS=C, BvS:DoJ=C-, SS=D+, WW=A-, JLP1=?, TF=?, AM=?, S=?, JL2=?, C=?, GLC=?, B=?

Last edited by Tymminator; 10-13-2017 at 10:00 PM.
Tymminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 10:52 PM   #2
godisawesome
Side-Kick

Default Re: Perez/Wolfman version of Deathstroke.

When/if they do Deathstroke, and they're going to do him if for no other reason than he's a proven concept fora live action show, I kind of hope they highlight the dichotomy between his professionalism and his tendency to hold grudges. I'd love for them to copy the very first short appearance he made, where someone offers him a contract on the Titans, and he turns it down as being too big of a job for too little reward. And then something happens to get him personally involved and we get to see how that honestly gets him in some trouble.

-C.S. Lewis

My buddy and I started a Podcast!
Our latest Episode is all about Flash, Season 1.
Check it out! http://franchisewars.madewithopinion...ash-season-1/#
godisawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 09:33 AM   #3
Rorschach2012
Number One Guy

How great would it be if they got Ron Perlman or Stephen Lang for this? I've always preferred an older Deathstroke

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 08:00 PM   #4
godisawesome
Side-Kick

Lang easily feels like he'd be an immediate triumph of casting; the man's still in freakishly good shape, has pretty much a perfect physical resemblance to the character, and is, if anything, overflowing with charisma. You want someone to succeed to Manu Bennett's intensity? Lang's your man.

Perlman would be another success, though he'd probably be hired for the same kind of terrifyingly cold portrayal he delivered vocally. Perlman feels like the more Stoic characterization who would need some finangling to get to a more ambiguous footing morally. Both Lang and Perlman have the villain part down, but I think Lang could more easily slip into anti-Hero, while Perlman feels like that would be buried under some deep layers.

-C.S. Lewis

My buddy and I started a Podcast!
Our latest Episode is all about Flash, Season 1.
Check it out! http://franchisewars.madewithopinion...ash-season-1/#
godisawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 09:55 PM   #5
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
When/if they do Deathstroke, and they're going to do him if for no other reason than he's a proven concept fora live action show, I kind of hope they highlight the dichotomy between his professionalism and his tendency to hold grudges. I'd love for them to copy the very first short appearance he made, where someone offers him a contract on the Titans, and he turns it down as being too big of a job for too little reward. And then something happens to get him personally involved and we get to see how that honestly gets him in some trouble.
I would enjoy that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
How great would it be if they got Ron Perlman or Stephen Lang for this? I've always preferred an older Deathstroke
I would also love Lang for the role, and I also always liked the concept he was an older character, yet despite not being at his prime so to speak, he was just so fast, strong, tough and darn good at his job that he would be a threat to about anyone.

Loved that character since I had a fresh copy of TNTT #2 in my hands back in Junior High.

Dang it, this seals it.

Classic Deathstroke the Terminator is my next cosplay costume, and since I'll be over 51 once I get to finally wear it, that will be a fitting and symbolic character for me.

My DCEU Movie Grades:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
MoS=C, BvS:DoJ=C-, SS=D+, WW=A-, JLP1=?, TF=?, AM=?, S=?, JL2=?, C=?, GLC=?, B=?
Tymminator is offline   Reply With Quote