The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > Marvel Comics

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 03:11 PM   #126
runawayboulder
2016 NFL Pick Em CHAMP
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On the edge
Posts: 19,833
Default Re: X-Men - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewishHobbit View Post
I suppose that qualifies under the argument I made that people are condemning Remender's Uncanny X-Force for how Kyle and Yost wrote the previous volume of X-Force. It'd be like someone not reading JiM or God of Thunder because of how Fraction handled Thor's title.

But hey, if they want to hide their head in the sand and miss out on some of the best storytelling and character progression in the past decade or two, well that's their loss.

I hated and ranted about what happened with OMD, but at least I've since tried the book on various occassions to give it a fair shake.
Exactly. I despised Fraction and ignored his Thor but I jumped right back into Thor when Aaron took over. I'm glad I did too because if I acted petty about it I would have robbed myself of what is easily the best Marvel book being produced since NOW began.

Superior Spider-Man is another perfect example. The OMD/BND types are still pissed and they're missing out on an incredible storyline going on over there right now. Dan Slott has been simply killing it on that book left and right. Every time I get nervous reading a solicitation for an upcoming issue (like last weeks issue #9), Slott turns right around and hits it right out of the damn park.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
This is a message board...no one killed your mother or had sex with your dog.....try to move on in life.
runawayboulder is offline  
Old 05-06-2013, 05:33 PM   #127
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling
 
JewishHobbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Eastern Time Zone
Posts: 26,488
Default Re: X-Men - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
and yet he still wrote a comic about them killing. I've had this conversation before, and I still refuse to give up my irrational hatred of the last two incarnations of X-Force.
Actually, you're wrong. That floats for Kyle and Yost's X-Force, but not for Remender's Uncanny X-Force. He picked up a continuity that was already established and wrote a story where the characters paid for their sins, realized how wrong they were, and changed for the better.

If you honestly believe that Remender's Uncanny X-Force is just a book about X-Men killing people, then you really have no idea what the book was about. It sounds to me like the book is EXACTLY the story you want, but you just wanted someone to write it all in one issue and be done with it. Remender took the route that made more literary sense and the quality shows.

Think of it this way. Most X-Fans hated the hit squad route and how Cyclops ran things (despite the fact that many of the stories were entertaining)... yet every X-Fan who read it loved Remender's Uncanny X-Force. Why? Because it fixed what we didn't like and did it with an engaging story.

JewishHobbit is offline  
Old 05-06-2013, 05:53 PM   #128
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!
 
Manic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Northern California
Posts: 35,960
Default Re: X-Men - Part 5

I said irrational hatred. Still not gonna read it.

Manic is offline  
Old 05-06-2013, 10:49 PM   #129
TheCorpulent1
SHAZAM!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
TheCorpulent1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 155,190
Default Re: X-Men - Part 5

Manic and I are X-Force-hating bros for life.

__________________
If you're just drop-dead gorgeous
You should just drop dead
-- April Smith and the Great Picture Show
TheCorpulent1 is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 11:14 AM   #130
BoredGuy
Chairman of the Bored
 
BoredGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: 14 N Moore St
Posts: 7,820
Default Re: X-Men - Part 5

Oh Corp, that makes me sad
you have good taste, and UXF was literally one of the best things ever
even Wolverine haters should like it, I'd hardly say he was the main focus of the book

__________________
@BIGKEVINK
BoredGuy is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 11:53 AM   #131
squeekness
The mighty squeek!
 
squeekness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: In front of my TV
Posts: 101,146
Default Re: X-Men - Part 5

I was in it for Fantom X and now he isn't who he used to be.

__________________
Please read my X-men fanfiction
"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."
squeekness is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 11:58 AM   #132
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo
 
chamber-music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 33,266
Default Re: X-Men - Part 5

Remender's Uncanny X-Force was great. The Dark Angel Saga was really good.

__________________
All aboard the Pork Chop Express!
chamber-music is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 02:23 PM   #133
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling
 
JewishHobbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Eastern Time Zone
Posts: 26,488
Default Re: X-Men - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
I said irrational hatred. Still not gonna read it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1
Manic and I are X-Force-hating bros for life.
I don't get it. It isn't that you dislike the premise (because the premise you've stated isn't what's in the book); it isn't that you dislike the characters (because titles you do read and like have those characters in them); it isn't that you dislike the character portrayals (because the portrayals are the best they've been in years); it isn't that you dislike the art or writing (because you've not tried the book to know); and it isn't that you dislike X-Men (because you both read various X-Men titles).

Based on what you both have said just in this thread alone, there is no sensible reason that you'd choose not to touch this book after hearing so much praise for so much time (let alone hate it). The only reason is for the sake of stubborness and pride. It makes no sense.

You hurt my brain.

P.S. I just dropped Thor: God of Thunder, and it feels good

JewishHobbit is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 03:08 PM   #134
TheCorpulent1
SHAZAM!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
TheCorpulent1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 155,190
Default Re: X-Men - Part 5

Cool. Thor: God of Thunder is too good for you anyway.

__________________
If you're just drop-dead gorgeous
You should just drop dead
-- April Smith and the Great Picture Show
TheCorpulent1 is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 03:24 PM   #135
Thwip!
Side-Kick
 
Thwip!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Carlow, Ireland
Posts: 1,545
Default Re: X-Men - Part 5

Far too good

__________________
My Deviantart
Thwip! is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 03:29 PM   #136
runawayboulder
2016 NFL Pick Em CHAMP
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On the edge
Posts: 19,833
Default Re: X-Men - Part 5

Yous guys r silly

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
This is a message board...no one killed your mother or had sex with your dog.....try to move on in life.
runawayboulder is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 03:39 PM   #137
TheCorpulent1
SHAZAM!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
TheCorpulent1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 155,190
Default Re: X-Men - Part 5

That's why you love us.

__________________
If you're just drop-dead gorgeous
You should just drop dead
-- April Smith and the Great Picture Show
TheCorpulent1 is offline  
Old 05-08-2013, 01:04 PM   #138
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo
 
chamber-music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 33,266
Default Re: X-Men - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewishHobbit View Post
P.S. I just dropped Thor: God of Thunder, and it feels good

__________________
All aboard the Pork Chop Express!
chamber-music is offline  
Old 05-08-2013, 04:27 PM   #139
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling
 
JewishHobbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Eastern Time Zone
Posts: 26,488
Default Re: X-Men - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Cool. Thor: God of Thunder is too good for you anyway.
And yet, it wasn't anywhere near as good as Uncanny X-Force.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Eh, who'm I kidding. It's near as good as UXF, not as good, but almost there.

JewishHobbit is offline  
Old 05-09-2013, 12:37 AM   #140
squeekness
The mighty squeek!
 
squeekness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: In front of my TV
Posts: 101,146
Default Re: X-Men - Part 5

I think Thor is one of the best books out thee, lol. This week's was especially great.

__________________
Please read my X-men fanfiction
"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."
squeekness is offline  
Old 05-09-2013, 10:15 AM   #141
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling
 
JewishHobbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Eastern Time Zone
Posts: 26,488
Default Re: X-Men - Part 5

It really is awesome. If not for budget I would have gladly continued it. I nearly did being that I sell the digital copies and they usually go for $2 or more, it's like buying the book at half price. I think that's what made me stretch it this long, and I still might go back and get caught up if I can get my buy list down enough to pick it back up.

JewishHobbit is offline  
Old 05-10-2013, 01:47 AM   #142
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange
 
Mad Ones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,414
Default Re: X-Men - Part 5

I am ridiculously excited for X-men to come out!

__________________
Marvel Comics Pull List:
Astonishing X-men X-men Blue Jean Grey Iceman All-New Wolverine Black Panther The Might Thor Ms Marvel
Mad Ones is offline  
Old 05-10-2013, 03:41 PM   #143
OutcryX
Side-Kick
 
OutcryX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Where the Playaz play
Posts: 6,391
Default Re: X-Men - Part 5

I am too...and there are soo many more X-women that should join that squad. In general, I think that the female X-Men are actually more powerful than the males.

__________________





MARVEL COMICS
White-washing the X-Men one minority at a time

-Manic
OutcryX is offline  
Old 05-10-2013, 03:46 PM   #144
Havok83
Side-Kick
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 41,665
Default Re: X-Men - Part 5

I think Polaris needs to join now that she will soon be liberated from X-Factor. M as well

Havok83 is offline  
Old 05-10-2013, 08:34 PM   #145
Specter313
Ghost of all things X
 
Specter313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 6ft. under
Posts: 36,179
Default Re: X-Men - Part 5

As of right now, M is dead, so that might be a slight obstacle for her.

__________________
Specter313 is offline  
Old 05-10-2013, 08:41 PM   #146
TheCorpulent1
SHAZAM!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
TheCorpulent1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 155,190
Default Re: X-Men - Part 5

Yeah, that was sad.

__________________
If you're just drop-dead gorgeous
You should just drop dead
-- April Smith and the Great Picture Show
TheCorpulent1 is offline  
Old 05-10-2013, 08:51 PM   #147
runawayboulder
2016 NFL Pick Em CHAMP
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On the edge
Posts: 19,833
Default Re: X-Men - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter313 View Post
As of right now, M is dead, so that might be a slight obstacle for her.
Thanks for ruining the end to Skyfall.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
This is a message board...no one killed your mother or had sex with your dog.....try to move on in life.
runawayboulder is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #148
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick
 
Jake Cassidy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 17,928
Default Re: X-Men - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
I think Polaris needs to join now that she will soon be liberated from X-Factor.
and Dazzler

Jake Cassidy is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 07:31 PM   #149
Specter313
Ghost of all things X
 
Specter313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 6ft. under
Posts: 36,179
Default Re: X-Men - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
Thanks for ruining the end to Skyfall.

__________________
Specter313 is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 09:35 PM   #150
TheCorpulent1
SHAZAM!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
TheCorpulent1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 155,190
Default Re: X-Men - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
and Dazzler
I'd love to see Wood use Dazzler. I always thought she'd be cool in the right hands.

__________________
If you're just drop-dead gorgeous
You should just drop dead
-- April Smith and the Great Picture Show
TheCorpulent1 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.