The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 09:14 PM   #851
Huddsy
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderLykins View Post
You people can call me a troll all you want. Reusing the same art for a new movie and likely trying to pass it off as "new" is lazy.
Exactly... lazy = saving money. Any chance you can do that on 200 million dollar flicks, you do it.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:15 PM   #852
Vartha
Mod of Thunder

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurne View Post
Also why does the color scheme on Ant-Man remind me of Captain Britain o_0
maybe because Antman has red and black? But yeah the early Cap Britain does look alittle like it

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 03-18-2014, 09:16 PM   #853
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
IMHO it'd be better if Ultron took over the suit with Tony still inside. Would be more dramatic if Hulk has to take the suit down without harming Tony. Otherwise he could just tear it to pieces
I mean I'd quite like to see him tear it to pieces.

But that's true. Would be a scene stronger on emotion for sure, also if Tony is conscious while unintentionally giving Banner a real battering (due to his holding back). And a bit ironic as that's normally how the Avengers would have to deal with an out of control Hulk.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:16 PM   #854
BETArayBill
Side-Kick

Hulk buster amazing. Quicksilver looks great. Scarlet witch not a fan of that look but ill reserve judgement till I see a trailer.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:17 PM   #855
AndrewGilkison
Side-Kick

Quote:
Again I'm trying my best not to "troll". But isn't the point of paying the artists to create new stuff. Does it really save that much more money to reuse the same stuff. I'm trying not to piss everyone off. Why couldn't we just get something new drawn in. I'm sure it would only take these artists a day or two at the most.
It's concept art. Purely designed to visualize a scene from the movie. Hulk is probably going to be in a similar pose as that one in that scene so the artist just decided to use that old pic. The artist probably didn't even know their art was going to be used for this show.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:17 PM   #856
AlexanderLykins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I don't get why you think they're trying to pass off the old art as new. They're not reusing images that hardly anyone saw or that can be easily forgotten or weren't all over the place lol. And have you seen much concept art/pre-vis? Check your DVDs/blu-ray extras or get a making-of book to a sci-fi/fantasy/superhero film (sequel). That should stop these embarrassing assertions.
No I haven't seen much concept art/pre-visuals from pervious movies. The only movie I saw concept art from was from Marvel's The Avengers and it looked pretty much the same in the movie.

I also don't remember Marvel's The Avengers reusing any concept art images from previous movies. Correct if I'm wrong, I just don't remember it.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:17 PM   #857
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Again I'm trying my best not to "troll". But isn't the point of paying the artists to create new stuff. Does it really save that much more money to reuse the same stuff. I'm trying not to piss everyone off. Why couldn't we just get something new drawn in. I'm sure it would only take these artists a day or two at the most.
The sense of entitlement is strong in this one.

They didn't have to give us anything. Instead they decided to share some behind the scenes artwork, and most everyone is happy except you. Nobody wants to listen to some guy endlessly mewling about something so pointlessly trivial. Get a grip.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 03-18-2014, 09:18 PM   #858
JB-the-Hunter
Booty hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jones View Post
Spot on. I think for the most part, that's the main prerogative. But once they actually see it and test it, if it doesn't work for that actor or on screen, then it doesn't work.
In this day and age, there are very few things that don't work. Hair color is one of the simplest things to translate to the screen. Steve, Fandral, Natasha, Volstagg, Dum Dum Dugan, Pepper, The Collector, etc. All of these characters had their hair colors more or less translated to the screen effortlessly, and none of their actors share the same hair color. For some reason I assumed that the white hair would just be a given.

That said, it is only concept art. I still very much expect to see the white hair.

"I knew there was something wrong. It just took a while to dawn on me, or maybe I was just afraid to think it, but... you survived the destruction because you caused it. Raina wasn't the only one changed in there, and I'm pretty sure the DNA results that I'm running right now will confirm that there's nothing wrong with the data in my head Skye. There's something wrong with you." - Leo Fitz
Old 03-18-2014, 09:18 PM   #859
smashmode
House Stark

I'm fine with quiksilvers hair scarlet witch's outfit

Old 03-18-2014, 09:18 PM   #860
Vartha
Mod of Thunder

MAN I hope they have a copy of this on you tube tomorrow

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 03-18-2014, 09:18 PM   #861
craigdbfan
Banned User

Can we get an HD shot of Quicksilver up on here.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:18 PM   #862
Huddsy
Side-Kick

Quote:
When they create as many images as they have to for Whedon and co., a day or two is big bucks.

In my business, we chart out at almost 100$/hour, and we're not highly paid concept artists. So that's 800 bucks a day. When you're working for weeks and weeks, a day on each image adds up to big dollars.

SO yea, they save money by pasting images of the characters already seen into the images of the sets, which is what the concepts are really focused on (unless it's new characters/suits).

Old 03-18-2014, 09:19 PM   #863
AlexanderLykins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGilkison View Post
It's concept art. Purely designed to visualize a scene from the movie. Hulk is probably going to be in a similar pose as that one in that scene so the artist just decided to use that old pic. The artist probably didn't even know their art was going to be used for this show.
Thank you for responding with a level head. It seems everyone around here is ready to blow at a moments notice if you have a disagreement or issue with the material.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:19 PM   #864
Six
Beast-mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by far2bowen View Post
Knowing Whedon and his penchant for misdirection, I wouldn't be surprised if the film opens with Hulk "rampaging" in South America, Tony shows up in the Hulkbuster armor, they fight or scrap or whatever, and it turns out that Banner is in control and Tony has asked his help in "testing" his new suit idea.
Yeah, just do it in front of a bunch of screaming civilians running for their lives, and get the army involved, thats a good way to go about it.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:19 PM   #865
Kurne
Side-Kick

I barely see Quicksilver in civillian clothes in the comics. Hope he's in costume for most of the movie.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:20 PM   #866
Kurne
Side-Kick

Haha. After Singer sees this he's automatically going to give his Quicksilver a bigger role and proper costume in X-Men Apocalypse :P

Old 03-18-2014, 09:20 PM   #867
Sterling Archer
Side-Kick

This whole argument about re-using images really does prove that people will complain about literally anything.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:20 PM   #868
AlexanderLykins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huddsy View Post
When they create as many images as they have to for Whedon and co., a day or two is big bucks.

In my business, we chart out at almost 100$/hour, and we're not highly paid concept artists. So that's 800 bucks a day. When you're working for weeks and weeks, a day on each image adds up to big dollars.

SO yea, they save money by pasting images of the characters already seen into the images of the sets, which is what the concepts are really focused on (unless it's new characters/suits).
Thank you for clearing that up.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:21 PM   #869
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jones View Post
Spot on. I think for the most part, that's the main prerogative. But once they actually see it and test it, if it doesn't work for that actor or on screen, then it doesn't work.

And I'm liking their looks. Wanda looks like she belongs in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and that isn't a bad thing at all.
Exactly. And yeah, there is definitely a BtVS vibe with her look. I also like that they really do seem to look like siblings.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:21 PM   #870
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
So why would he be called Quicksilver if there is not a lick of silver on him?

That's not me being sarcastic. I genuinely know nothing about the character.
quicksilver is another name for mercury. mercury is known for being a fast moving liquid; at least when you try to contain it.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:21 PM   #871
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
MAN I hope they have a copy of this on you tube tomorrow
Yeah, me too! I misse the entire program haha. Or I at least hope it pops up in some dark corner of the Internet.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 03-18-2014, 09:22 PM   #872
darkslayer101
God of Hammers

them concept arts makes me already pumped for the movie

Old 03-18-2014, 09:22 PM   #873
Kurne
Side-Kick

I'm a bit worried that Whedon is completely ignoring that Tony gave up being Iron Man. That South Africa shoot has already been said to be the beginning of the movie, so why is Tony an Avenger again?

Old 03-18-2014, 09:22 PM   #874
AlexanderLykins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling Archer View Post
This whole argument about re-using images really does prove that people will complain about literally anything.
I just said it was lazy. I was then corrected and told by another user that it saves money to do it this way. I'm sorry that I noticed it in two different pictures and nobody else wanted to bring it up.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:22 PM   #875
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

So did I just see a quick glimpse of Hulkbuster armor????