The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

View Poll Results: Which one is your favorite?
Lego Batman 0 0%
Logan 52 37.96%
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 10 7.30%
Wonder Woman 10 7.30%
Spider-Man: Homecoming 14 10.22%
Thor: Ragnarok 48 35.04%
Justice League 3 2.19%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-2017, 06:26 PM   #226
HammerDown
High Tide Or Low Tide

Default Re: Best CBM of 2017

Right now it's a tie between Thor Ragnarok and Logan at 44 votes.
Well deserved if you ask me. Both we're great in their own style. Logan was an emotional and impactful ride that left most people with tears in their eyes. Thor Ragnarok was a ton of fun with such a funny and quirky ride that left you with a smile on your face all the way through.

HammerDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 06:53 PM   #227
spiderman2
Side-Kick

From best to worst I think I would most likely go something like this.

1. Logan
2. Spider-Man
3. WW
4. Thor
5. JL
6. Guardians

I never saw lego batman didn't care for the lego movie and fell like lego stuff is way over used. Logan such a emotion movie and I loved the soundtrack. Spider-Man loved the villain and the soundtrack while not great has grown on me. My biggest issue is the action was lacking. WW was really good but the end fight did go over board with its CGI. Thor had a lot of humor and was solid but I think the humor at times was to much and over all I find the movie to be overrated. JL had some good parts but a lot of bad parts to. Guardians don't care for it or the first one either first one had no plot and second one had more of a plot but still not good.

1.Dark knight rises 2.Spider man 2 3.Batman begins 4.Dark knight 5.Cap Civil war 6.Logan 7.Spider-Man homecoming 8.Cap winter soilder 9.Amazing Spider-Man 2 10.Doctor strange 11.Xmen DOFP.12.Xmen FC. 13.Spiderman 14.WW 15. Avengers AOU 16. Avengers 17.Amazing Spider-Man 18.Iron man 3 19.Man of steel 20.Spider-Man 3

Need to rewatch about 5 to have a final list.
spiderman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 07:08 PM   #228
Kane52630
Crescendolls User

1. Logan
2. Spider-Man: Homecoming
3. The Lego Batman Movie
4. Thor: Ragnarok
5. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2
6. Wonder Woman
7. Justice League

Old 01-01-2018, 08:42 PM   #229
InfinityWar
Side-Kick

Thor Ragnarok.

InfinityWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 10:08 AM   #230
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

I just watched HC, WW & GOTG2 again this weekend. Logan has been on HBO and still have no big desire to rewatch it. Same thing goes for JL. So it might be between GOTG2 and Ragnarok.

Old 01-02-2018, 10:29 AM   #231
ernesth100
Spidey-Hog

Top In terms of fun.

1. Homecoming- huge Spidey fan so this is biased.
2. Ragnarok- This was just. Saved the Thor trilogy. Makes me actually wanna watch all 3 in order.
3. Lego Batman- Do I even need to speak on this? This was comedy at it's peak level of perfection without being to full of itself or to serious. It's literally the DC equivalent of what Ragnarok was for Marvel.

Top 3 In terms of story
1. Logan- If you saw the movie you know this is true.
2. Thor- I'm honestly surprised they juggled. The death of Odin, Ragnarok, introducing Surtur and Hela, Dr. Strange, Loki, Planet Hulk(basically) all into one perfect runtime of a film. Props to the crew behind this masterpeice of a Thor film. Saved the trilogy honestly.
3. Homecoming- This film was just an all around straight to the point movie. It wasn't extra flashy or all over the place.

Personally I'd say Guardians2 disappointed a bit. It was a bit all over the place which through me off. And felt like it was trying to hard on some parts. Especially with Drax and Mantis.

Don't get me started on Justice League, I could go on all day about everything wrong with this film in comparison to the 5 things it did right and even then it barely got those things it did right correct.

Wonder Woman was a masterpeice tbh. But it's not exactly the most original of films to me. It's basically if Captain America was gender flipped and a god. At least top me, Ik that's a narrow minded mentality but its my mentality nonetheless not on the character but a better idea could've been taken with the film.

#DesignedByTonyStark
ernesth100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 10:58 AM   #232
CaptainWagner
Bob Newby: Superhero

Logan was hands down the best CBM this year. My FAVORITE, however was Homecoming, just because Spidey is my favorite hero, and they nailed him so well. But Logan was definitely the best made.

"Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us. And on my soul I swear... until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice becomes the reality we all share... I'll never stop fighting. Ever."
- Superman
CaptainWagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 12:17 AM   #233
PrehistoricDog
No One Likes Cheap Wine

Logan
Lego Batman
Ragnarok
GOTG Vol. 2
Wonder Woman
Kingsman
Justice League

PrehistoricDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 12:26 AM   #234
Kuwolski
Side-Kick

Ragnarok
Logan
Homecoming

Kuwolski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 01:46 AM   #235
FeedOnATreeFrog
(A Metal Gear reference)

This is tough. I liked all of them. Not loved, but liked.

Even though Justice League should have been 10 times better, I still can see it being the film I come back to the most, along with Wonder Woman and Logan.

I enjoyed the MCU films this year, a lot, but like many MCU films they kinda blend together in my mind and dont feel that special to me.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 01-03-2018 at 02:14 AM.
FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 04:33 AM   #236
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

Personally I have had no problem re-watching Logan quite frequently since it came out. It's still number 1 for me for 2017. Though Ragnorak did run it close.

1)War For The Planet Of The Apes-10(2)Logan-9.5(3)Baby Driver-9.5(4)Dunkirk-9(5)Thor: Ragnorak-9(6)Wonder Woman-9(7)Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2-9(8)Blade Runner 2049-8.5(9)It-8(10)Spider-Man: Homecoming-8(11)John Wick 2-8(12)Split-8(13)Kingsman: The Golden Circle-8(14)Kong: Skull Island-7.5(15)Justice League-7(16)Alien Covenant-7(17)Ghost In The Shell-7(18)POTC: Salazar's Revenge-7(19)The Dark Tower-4(20)Transformers: The Last Knight-4
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 04:00 PM   #237
DACrowe
Side-Kick

So Logan wins the thread as the Best CBM of the year, yet many fans rejoice at the idea of Disney ending all non-Deadpool X superhero films that are made outside of the MCU model. Interesting.

--John Adams
DACrowe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 04:20 PM   #238
Kuwolski
Side-Kick

Go figure, seems most people don't view a single film as a mass sample size of output or let it cloud their view of history.

Or put too much stock in a poll on a message board. I've heard many call WW the CBM of the year yet there it sits with a lowly 9 votes.

Context is everything, like the fact you couldn't have made your post a few days ago when Rags was leading. That seems to have woken people up.

Old 01-03-2018, 04:23 PM   #239
Kuwolski
Side-Kick

And I do think Logan may be the best CBM ever made, but I'm still happy the X-Men could be back. I voted for Ragnarok though because of the pleasure it brings me when I watch it.

Old 01-03-2018, 04:23 PM   #240
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuwolski View Post
Go figure, seems most people don't view a single film as a mass sample size of output or let it cloud their view of history.

Or put too much stock in a poll on a message board. I've heard many call WW the CBM of the year yet there it sits with a lowly 9 votes.

Context is everything, like the fact you couldn't have made your post a few days ago when Rags was leading. That seems to have woken people up.
Well to be fair I didn't check this thread a few days ago, so I can't comment on how Rags was leading.

And my post was just about this board in general, not the outside world.

--John Adams
Old 01-03-2018, 06:12 PM   #241
Ivan Drago
Do Not Want

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
So Logan wins the thread as the Best CBM of the year, yet many fans rejoice at the idea of Disney ending all non-Deadpool X superhero films that are made outside of the MCU model. Interesting.
Because fans want a team x-men film that does better justice towards the source material. It also doesn't help that the main x-men franchise has run its course and feels extremely tired.

2017 superhero movie ratings

1. Logan: 9.5/10
2. Guardians of the Galaxy 2: 6.5/10
3. Wonder Woman: 6.5/10
4. Spider-Man Homecoming: 8.5/10
Ivan Drago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:46 PM   #242
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
Because fans want a team x-men film that does better justice towards the source material. It also doesn't help that the main x-men franchise has run its course and feels extremely tired.
I'll agree that with Kinberg at the helm it feels tired, but considering how well received 3 of the last 4 X-films were, I think new creative blood could easily course correct what is there.

--John Adams
Old 01-03-2018, 08:51 PM   #243
honestbharani
Side-Kick

F
Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
I'll agree that with Kinberg at the helm it feels tired, but considering how well received 3 of the last 4 X-films were, I think new creative blood could easily course correct what is there.

3 of the last 4 is just so misleading. Coz the direct sequel to one of those 3 was the one that sucked so bad. Its just a convenient way to cover up that fact. And another one of the 3 is Deadpool which is confirmed to continue. The third, Logan, is already the final chapter of that character and there is nothing more to come. As I said, saying 3 out of 4 with no context is just convenient.

Its not hard to figure out why. Its actually pretty obvious. Most fans just feel X Men movies will be done full justice by Marvel than they ever were by Fox. I dont think too many people deny the successes Fox have had with these properties but they are definitely past their best days now and its a good time for this switch to happen.

honestbharani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 05:03 AM   #244
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

I think that's the point DaCrowe was trying to make though, are they past their best days?

First Class, DOFP, Deadpool, Logan were all very well thought of, The Wolverine got good reviews and seems to have a new appreciation for it after Logan. Apocalypse was the only mis step, one which I personally liked but know plenty of others don't. Apoc at least introduced a good young cast with lots of potential for the team members.

I was skeptical about Kinberg directing but everything I have heard about DPS so far sounds good to me. Then New Mutants and Deadpool 2 are on the way. X-Force could have been amazing but I don't see it happening now.

It's a shame for me Disney is going to re-visit, as a new creative force behind the main team movies could have easily re-vitalised them.

However, I am delighted that Disney/Marvel got the FF back, and especially Galactus and Silver Surfer.

1)War For The Planet Of The Apes-10(2)Logan-9.5(3)Baby Driver-9.5(4)Dunkirk-9(5)Thor: Ragnorak-9(6)Wonder Woman-9(7)Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2-9(8)Blade Runner 2049-8.5(9)It-8(10)Spider-Man: Homecoming-8(11)John Wick 2-8(12)Split-8(13)Kingsman: The Golden Circle-8(14)Kong: Skull Island-7.5(15)Justice League-7(16)Alien Covenant-7(17)Ghost In The Shell-7(18)POTC: Salazar's Revenge-7(19)The Dark Tower-4(20)Transformers: The Last Knight-4
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 09:34 AM   #245
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

A common criticism of the X-Men films, even for the good ones, were that they were too Wolverine centric instead of being more focused on being ensembles. With a Logan film that criticism isn't valid so on top of being just a great film it doesn't affect the aspect that people most want changed about the X-Men.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 10:27 AM   #246
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
F

3 of the last 4 is just so misleading. Coz the direct sequel to one of those 3 was the one that sucked so bad. Its just a convenient way to cover up that fact. And another one of the 3 is Deadpool which is confirmed to continue. The third, Logan, is already the final chapter of that character and there is nothing more to come. As I said, saying 3 out of 4 with no context is just convenient.

Its not hard to figure out why. Its actually pretty obvious. Most fans just feel X Men movies will be done full justice by Marvel than they ever were by Fox. I dont think too many people deny the successes Fox have had with these properties but they are definitely past their best days now and its a good time for this switch to happen.
But I don't really think they are past their best days. Personally, I think the franchise is much stronger than it was in 2006-2011 (when I wouldn't have cared if they rebooted after TLS). But when Apocalypse is the only dog in a run that includes First Class, DOFP, Deadpool, and Logan... I just struggle with why fans are so eager to reboot.

I understand your point that Marvel will do the characters more faithfully, which is most likely true. But when we have so many superheroes in the Marvel mold, the fact that the X-films appear to only be getting stronger--as seen by Logan winning an admittedly anecdotal poll, but still one mostly frequented by Marvel-inclined fans in a year with three strong MCU movies--makes the demand for an end to the X-verse all the more interesting. I really do think we may miss this kind of diversity when it's gone.

--John Adams
Old 01-04-2018, 10:33 AM   #247
Kuwolski
Side-Kick

It seems logical to me that Marvel Studios will evolve and are evolving. I don't think they'll mess with DP which would require a Marvel Knights type of studio line. That could open the door down the road for Ghost Rider and Hit-Monkey among other things. It's really forcing their hand a bit, introducing this radical element into their ecosystem, which will be positive for diversity down the road. It's on the table and has to be dealt with legitimately because it has (will) change the course trajectory.

Last edited by Kuwolski; 01-04-2018 at 10:52 AM.