The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2018, 06:42 PM   #401
OutOfBoose
Russian Hacker
 
OutOfBoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The City
Posts: 12,124
Default Re: Superhero Cinematic Civil War - - - Part 43

New Mutants is delayed for 10 months? Looks like that film is doing totally fine...

__________________
Builds your roofs of dead wood. Builds your walls of dead stone. Builds your dreams of dead thoughts. Comes crying laughing singing back to life, takes what you steal, and pulls the skins from your dead bones shrieking.
--Clay tablet in an abandoned Trickster temple
OutOfBoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 06:44 PM   #402
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick
 
Tacit Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 19,350
Default Re: Superhero Cinematic Civil War - - - Part 43

Well, if that's the delivery time the doctor has prescribed.

Tacit Ronin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 06:57 PM   #403
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity
 
Moridin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ireland
Posts: 3,202
Default Re: Superhero Cinematic Civil War - - - Part 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandon Knight View Post
Yes, it's terribly silly, these sweet, pretty things asking for equal pay, isn't it.
Oh, cut the BS.

RDJ gets paid the amount he does because he, as Tony Stark, brings in exponentially more money than anyone else on Marvel's cast roster, and because his agent is able to argue that point in contract negotiations, and because Marvel in the end agree that he is worth it.

Scarlett got paid 3 times more than anyone not named Robert Downey, Jr on AoU (which you seem to take no issue with) because she and her agent made the argument, based on her track record, to Marvel.
She didn't get RDJ's salary, not because of sexism, but because trying to argue that Scarlett had done remotely as much for Marvel as RDJ would be absurd to the point of being laughed out of the office.

In turn, Evans, Hemsworth, etc, could not put up an argument to be paid as much as Scarlett, because factually they don't have one, therefore they were payed 3 times less than she was.

This is not a case of a woman doing the same work as a man, with the same experience, education & bringing in the same revenue/results for the company, but still being paid less (Which is what the pay gap actually is supposed to be about, btw).

You get paid what you can argue your worth is to the studio. Your argument can really only be made on your track record. If you think you should be paid more than you are then either you are wrong, or you have a s****y agent, fire them and get a better one.

That's even without considering the original contracts they all signed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy Scout View Post
He seemed to be calling the pay gap issue silly in general, which is what I took issue with.
How it is brought up in many scenarios where a man is making more than a woman is very often inaccurate. It usually reduces everything down to a singular criteria. That being "the man is making more than the woman?? SEXISM!". It throws out every other factor and makes it all purely about gender. Which undermines actual instances of sexism. So yes, that's f***ing silly.

See no further than the current RDJ paycheck discussion for an example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
Well said.
Not really. He "suppoesd" MCU women/Scarlett weren't being paid as much as their/her male MCU co-stars because of gender. He was beyond inaccurate, but the wording was the ony thing he could nitpick in my post, so that's what he responded to.

__________________
In flight there is serenity - the motion out, the space between,
The promise of each new life - and possibility.


Swallow flies south before the fall, before the winter can call...
Can call in each borrower - for what was given


--Serenity in Motion--
Moridin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:06 PM   #404
Blackman
C'mon Son
 
Blackman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 23,803
Default Re: Superhero Cinematic Civil War - - - Part 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfBoose View Post
New Mutants is delayed for 10 months? Looks like that film is doing totally fine...
I asked this in another thread but is it because of quality concerns or because of the Gambit missteps

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:18 PM   #405
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick
 
Kahran Ramsus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Sunshine State
Posts: 10,593
Default Re: Superhero Cinematic Civil War - - - Part 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin
RDJ gets paid the amount he does because he, as Tony Stark, brings in exponentially more money than anyone else on Marvel's cast roster, and because his agent is able to argue that point in contract negotiations, and because Marvel in the end agree that he is worth it.
I wonder why this is such an issue with film. You never see it other fields. How many times have you seen someone complain that Brett Hundley isn't getting paid as much as Aaron Rodgers?

Kahran Ramsus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:47 PM   #406
AlluAllu
Side-Kick
 
AlluAllu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,140
Default Re: Superhero Cinematic Civil War - - - Part 43

I can't remember the last time when a superhero movie was delayed this badly so close to the release.

AlluAllu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:54 PM   #407
I Am The Knight
Infinity
 
I Am The Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: The Multiverse
Posts: 20,294
Default Re: Superhero Cinematic Civil War - - - Part 43

Looking forward to the new version of New Mutants

__________________
Before SHH, your miserable, insignificant little life was laughable. Now that you've found SHH, have you noticed you've become more popular? Suddenly EVERYONE wants to hang out with you.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by SkullDevil! / ?
I Am The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:18 PM   #408
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men
 
Roose Bolton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 16,373
Default Re: Superhero Cinematic Civil War - - - Part 43

Seems like a domino effect of Gambit's habitual ****uppery. Though Fox must be fairly confident with Deadpool 2 if they're moving it up in the middle of May's usual craziness, especially with Infinity War and Solo in the mix.

__________________
Wachet auf adelaide, wachet!

If you seek Dude's monument, look around you.

Quote:
How is it that you, a diabolical sick ****, is so goddamn sexy?
Roose Bolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:34 PM   #409
Flint Marko
Side-Kick
 
Flint Marko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 13,932
Default Re: Superhero Cinematic Civil War - - - Part 43

Deadpool 2 is going to be a monster. So is IW and BP.

2018 has a good chance to be the highest grossing year for superhero films.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Lee
Now characters such as the X-Men and the Fantastic Four can come home to the place where they belong. It’s vitally important to have the Marvel characters under one roof. And now, as great as they were before, I can’t wait to see the wonders that will unfold!
Flint Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:48 PM   #410
Boy Scout
Side-Kick
 
Boy Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 11,041
Default Re: Superhero Cinematic Civil War - - - Part 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
Oh, cut the BS.

RDJ gets paid the amount he does because he, as Tony Stark, brings in exponentially more money than anyone else on Marvel's cast roster, and because his agent is able to argue that point in contract negotiations, and because Marvel in the end agree that he is worth it.

Scarlett got paid 3 times more than anyone not named Robert Downey, Jr on AoU (which you seem to take no issue with) because she and her agent made the argument, based on her track record, to Marvel.
She didn't get RDJ's salary, not because of sexism, but because trying to argue that Scarlett had done remotely as much for Marvel as RDJ would be absurd to the point of being laughed out of the office.

In turn, Evans, Hemsworth, etc, could not put up an argument to be paid as much as Scarlett, because factually they don't have one, therefore they were payed 3 times less than she was.

This is not a case of a woman doing the same work as a man, with the same experience, education & bringing in the same revenue/results for the company, but still being paid less (Which is what the pay gap actually is supposed to be about, btw).

You get paid what you can argue your worth is to the studio. Your argument can really only be made on your track record. If you think you should be paid more than you are then either you are wrong, or you have a s****y agent, fire them and get a better one.

That's even without considering the original contracts they all signed.



How it is brought up in many scenarios where a man is making more than a woman is very often inaccurate. It usually reduces everything down to a singular criteria. That being "the man is making more than the woman?? SEXISM!". It throws out every other factor and makes it all purely about gender. Which undermines actual instances of sexism. So yes, that's f***ing silly.

See no further than the current RDJ paycheck discussion for an example.



Not really. He "suppoesd" MCU women/Scarlett weren't being paid as much as their/her male MCU co-stars because of gender. He was beyond inaccurate, but the wording was the ony thing he could nitpick in my post, so that's what he responded to.
Okay.

Boy Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:54 PM   #411
CaptainWagner
Bob Newby: Superhero
 
CaptainWagner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 6,808
Default Re: Superhero Cinematic Civil War - - - Part 43

The New Mutants delay is totally out of left field. There wasn't any talk about production issues, and now its pushed back 10 months? That's super-annoying, I was looking forward to it most out of all of Fox's films next year.

__________________
"Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us. And on my soul I swear... until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice becomes the reality we all share... I'll never stop fighting. Ever."
- Superman
CaptainWagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:06 PM   #412
Timebomb
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 2,167
Default Re: Superhero Cinematic Civil War - - - Part 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roose Bolton View Post
Seems like a domino effect of Gambit's habitual ****uppery. Though Fox must be fairly confident with Deadpool 2 if they're moving it up in the middle of May's usual craziness, especially with Infinity War and Solo in the mix.
Not sure why Gambit would affect it though? I think it has to do with the film itself, what, I don't know.

Timebomb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:09 PM   #413
TalismanRing
Cyclone Cookie Tosser
 
TalismanRing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 5,048
Default Re: Superhero Cinematic Civil War - - - Part 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
lol
Yeah, the Black Widow role has really hampered Scarlett's career.
It's not like she hasn't had what is probably the best run of films outside the MCU of the main Avengers cast... oh wait...



....uh, what?

You can't seriously be asking why RDJ gets paid most...?

Also, Scarlett got paid the 2nd highest salary of the cast for Ultron. $20m. Evans was next with $6.9m, so lets not get into this silly gender pay thing here.
http://www.vogue.co.uk/article/scarl...d-highest-paid
That story was debunked by Variety. They spoke to Marvel and they were told Scarlett/Evans/Hemsworth all got paid the same for AOU. None of them got near $20m (closer to $20m all together) Salaries for the sequel solos were much higher than for the first couple of Avengers. (except RDJ who gets a % which was negotiated after the first IM). The actors also get bonuses dependent on B.O. milestones. Also, these last two Avengers films because of required contract extensions for Avengers 4 have considerable pay raises.


Last edited by TalismanRing; 01-11-2018 at 11:15 PM.
TalismanRing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:10 PM   #414
psylockolussus
Fierce User
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion
Posts: 33,693
Default Re: Superhero Cinematic Civil War - - - Part 43

I wouldn't be surprised if Dark Phoenix gets moved to 2019 as well once they start doing test screenings...

__________________
X - W O M E N
Dazzler • Jubilee • Phoenix • Polaris • Psylocke • Rogue • Shadowcat • Storm • White Queen
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:29 PM   #415
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men
 
Roose Bolton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 16,373
Default Re: Superhero Cinematic Civil War - - - Part 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timebomb View Post
Not sure why Gambit would affect it though? I think it has to do with the film itself, what, I don't know.
Fox wants or needs a superhero film out in the first quarter of 2019. New Mutants is basically taking Gambit's spot now that Gambit's production has shat itself. They probably did need to do reshoots with New Mutants, but killed two birds with one rock by moving it to Gambit's vacant spot.

__________________
Wachet auf adelaide, wachet!

If you seek Dude's monument, look around you.

Quote:
How is it that you, a diabolical sick ****, is so goddamn sexy?
Roose Bolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:32 PM   #416
TalismanRing
Cyclone Cookie Tosser
 
TalismanRing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 5,048
Default Re: Superhero Cinematic Civil War - - - Part 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithborg View Post
Just remember that RDJ for quite a bit of those 20 years was unhireable.
The odd thing is - he wasn't. He was so crazy talented and liked by the people he worked with that he always had work even if it wasn't the best work. I think the late 90s is when it finally caught up with him professionally as well as legally. But he did Wonder Boys when on probation (it was released when he was in prison) and was given Ally McBeal a couple of weeks out of prison. During his stay he was let out for a day to do an Elton John music video. He worked consistently from then on even after he was fired from AB after he was caught using - twice. He then had a couple of issues being hired because films couldn't get insurance on him but he was still working.

So many people believe his career was in the gutter pre Iron Man but he'd done Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, A Scanner Darkly, Good Night & Good Luck & Zodiac and a couple of other movies in just the previous 2 years. Iron Man though was his first sizable (not to mention huge) financial success. (even if his pay for it was less than a month shooting Ally McBeal).

TalismanRing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:47 AM   #417
Sithborg
About time Filoni
 
Sithborg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 13,909
Default Re: Superhero Cinematic Civil War - - - Part 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainWagner View Post
The New Mutants delay is totally out of left field. There wasn't any talk about production issues, and now its pushed back 10 months? That's super-annoying, I was looking forward to it most out of all of Fox's films next year.
The length of the delay is likely due to Maise's schedule. If they felt they needed more than the scheduled reshoots, they kind of have to wait for her to finish Game of Thrones.

Sithborg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:06 AM   #418
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 68,239
Default Re: Superhero Cinematic Civil War - - - Part 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint Marko View Post
Deadpool 2 is going to be a monster.
It better be the John Wick 2 of the series.

__________________
FIGHT CLUB: Marvel vs DC, ANYTHING
STATE YOUR OPINION ON A CHARACTER: MARVEL, DC

YOUTUBE

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:02 PM   #419
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 106,760
Default Re: Superhero Cinematic Civil War - - - Part 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kt09 View Post
Gives them even more vfx & post production time, I guess...which Dark Phoenix should have plenty of.
Yeah true. A lot more lol.

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 145,527 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:24 PM   #420
Kane52630
Crescendolls User
 
Kane52630's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York Subway
Posts: 90,424
Default Re: Superhero Cinematic Civil War - - - Part 43


__________________
Your Eyes | Trevor Something
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Kane52630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:24 PM   #421
honestbharani
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 878
Default Re: Superhero Cinematic Civil War - - - Part 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandon Knight View Post
Its going into production through a 'call for it' in a 'oh, I suppose we'd better do it', they could have done this years ago if they'd really have wanted too and believe in it.

Nah, not at all. Perlmutter sabotaging such movies makes sense, Feige planning out phase 3 assuming Perlmutter as boss makes sense. Feige and Co. deciding to launch it now with Perlmutter out and the saga closing down makes sense. I am glad they did not do it coz they "had" to do a female led SH movie and are instead taking time and ensuring it makes sense plot-wise while also giving it time to become something good. Don't forget that Feige mentioned that they were most "emotionally" committed to doing a BW movie a year or so ago. The pacing seems right.

honestbharani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:25 PM   #422
honestbharani
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 878
Default Re: Superhero Cinematic Civil War - - - Part 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchwork Man View Post
"Thanks, Wonder Woman!"

Funny you should say that. Did you also say "Thanks, Spiderman and Xmen" after BB came out?

honestbharani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:34 PM   #423
2kt09
Here 'N' There
 
2kt09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: NY, NY
Posts: 7,302
Default Re: Superhero Cinematic Civil War - - - Part 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
Funny you should say that. Did you also say "Thanks, Spiderman and X-men" after BB came out?
Nolan pretty much did

__________________
Make Marvel Animation Great Again
Cook and Weisman's The Spectacular Spider-Man is to cbtv what Singer's X-Men were to cbm's
MCU_________DCU___________X-MU
Whedon-----Guggenheim_____Kinberg
Gunn________Goyer
Reed________Snyder
2kt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:35 PM   #424
honestbharani
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 878
Default Re: Superhero Cinematic Civil War - - - Part 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalismanRing View Post
That story was debunked by Variety. They spoke to Marvel and they were told Scarlett/Evans/Hemsworth all got paid the same for AOU. None of them got near $20m (closer to $20m all together) Salaries for the sequel solos were much higher than for the first couple of Avengers. (except RDJ who gets a % which was negotiated after the first IM). The actors also get bonuses dependent on B.O. milestones. Also, these last two Avengers films because of required contract extensions for Avengers 4 have considerable pay raises.

I would hardly consider "sources added" as any sort of "debunking". Its just all pure speculation as it was from the original story. Basically we have no ****ing clue how much any actor/tress makes from these movies. So its a moot discussion.


Last edited by honestbharani; Today at 03:10 AM.
honestbharani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:35 PM   #425
honestbharani
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 878
Default Re: Superhero Cinematic Civil War - - - Part 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kt09 View Post
Yeah, but I dont think PM would have.

honestbharani is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:43 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.