The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2018, 06:50 PM   #126
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 79,925
Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
I'm of the belief that she probably knew about some of it.
Based on?

__________________
"Darkness rises and light to meet it."
DarthSkywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 06:53 PM   #127
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious
 
LibidoLoca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 22,334
Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 3

Just my gut. Plus through the amount of celebrities and connections she has developed over the years, I would believe she would have heard rumors or stories about this at some point in her 30-odd some career.

__________________
#CAVILLRY
LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 06:55 PM   #128
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 79,925
Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Just my gut. Plus through the amount of celebrities and connections she has developed over the years, I would believe she would have heard rumors or stories about this at some point in her 30-odd some career.
So that qualifies as knowing? Also what actual interaction has she had with him? Has she worked with him?

__________________
"Darkness rises and light to meet it."
DarthSkywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 06:56 PM   #129
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious
 
LibidoLoca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 22,334
Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 3

Probably. We don't know. Perhaps.

__________________
#CAVILLRY
LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:06 PM   #130
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 79,925
Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 3

I just don't the idea that Oprah is in his orbit. Bill Clinton? Yes. Weinstein? I'd need to look into if she worked with him and on what. But this is different then someone like Robert Rodriguez, that was told by his girlfriend that Weinstein raped her. This is different then Brad Pitt knowing his girlfriend was assaulted by Weinstein.

__________________
"Darkness rises and light to meet it."
DarthSkywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:25 PM   #131
Mike_D202
Green Lantern's roommate
 
Mike_D202's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Upper Michigan
Posts: 7,529
Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
You don't see the inherent difference between someone taking photos with Weinstein and one who was told by one of his victims she was raped and he made it clear he knew of this behavior before? Or Matt Damon, who has covered for another sexual assaulter in Casey Affleck, Ben's Affleck's brother. Ben Affleck, the admitted sexual assaulter?
So getting pictures with famous people then finding out about their behavior later automatically makes you guilty by association? Oh man, I feel sorry for all the people who got their pictures taken with Stan Lee at the Comic-Cons...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker
Taking your penis out and forcing a woman towards your crotch needs a bit more then an apology I would think.
Did you not read her quote? "I didn't want him to hate me, so I did it." That's not forcing anyone to do anything, she was afraid of a famous person not liking her so she gave him oral sex. That's a lot different than Weinstein locking a hotel room door and forcing himself on women.

Did any one of those women from the set of that film where he took off the suran wrap but still simulated oral sex come forward aside from that one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSkywalker
And he "personally apologized" right before award season, during the all time Hollywood backlash over this ****? Sorry if I don't take his "apology" sincerely.
From the looks of it, he probably thought everything was consensual since nobody complained about it until now. That's why he's starting his apologies, because these are just now coming out. The only people concerned about "awards season" are the people accusing him of regrettable encounters.

__________________
The Ghostbusters Reboot is the biggest attack on 80's nostalgia since Police Academy 7.

Last edited by Mike_D202; 01-11-2018 at 09:32 PM.
Mike_D202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:02 PM   #132
ludovica
Daddy Feige notice me!
 
ludovica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Seoul
Posts: 1,079
Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_D202 View Post
Did you not read her quote? "I didn't want him to hate me, so I did it." That's not forcing anyone to do anything, she was afraid of a famous person not liking her so she gave him oral sex.
She also said he nudged her head.
Would you behave like Franco in that situation? I think not.
Also power dynamics at play here, if it's true it would be battery, I think.
Of course no way to prove this one either way.

__________________
"I'll hit'im where it hurts: in the civilians!" - Ramses IV

Black Widow, Wasp, Wanda, Valkyrie, Captain Marvel, Monica Rambeau & Black Panther for Avengers 5!

DCEU is dead, long live DCFU
DCFU optimist: Shazam!
ludovica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:47 PM   #133
Lighthouse
Fairness, Equality, Bacon
 
Lighthouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: A beach somewhere.
Posts: 12,879
Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 3

It's the power dynamic that's the problem. You don't do this to your students if you're their teacher. You don't pressure sex when you're their boss. It was the same thing with Louis CK. The women "consented" out of fear.

__________________
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." -Philip K. Dick
Lighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:52 AM   #134
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling
 
JewishHobbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Eastern Time Zone
Posts: 26,624
Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPresident View Post
I like how when Oprah pals around with Weinstein she couldn't possibly have known about his actions, but when Matt Damon and Ben Affleck and half of male Hollywood do they're basically satanic rapists to the unwashed masses.

Gotta love cognitive dissonance.
Funny thing that.

I can't help but laugh at how some of those who chastised me for staying neutral on unproven accusations are suddenly staying neutral when it involves someone they adore. At least I'm consistent.

JewishHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:06 AM   #135
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 51,095
Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I just don't the idea that Oprah is in his orbit. Bill Clinton? Yes. Weinstein? I'd need to look into if she worked with him and on what. But this is different then someone like Robert Rodriguez, that was told by his girlfriend that Weinstein raped her. This is different then Brad Pitt knowing his girlfriend was assaulted by Weinstein.
Weinstein was executive producer on The Butler, which she starred in. She was producer and he was executive producer on the film The Great Debaters.

That doesn't make her guilty of anything, but they definitely had some type of professional, working relationship beforehand. So Oprah was definitely in his orbit on multiple occasions over the years. To say they never had a professional working relationship would be naive.

I'm not going to condemn Oprah for having a relationship with Weinstein. But there's stories and evidence that many big name stars and actors knew about his behavior and didn't really say or do anything.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:30 AM   #136
Greens
I am Danny DeVito
 
Greens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 14,481
Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Weinstein was executive producer on The Butler, which she starred in. She was producer and he was executive producer on the film The Great Debaters.

That doesn't make her guilty of anything, but they definitely had some type of professional, working relationship beforehand. So Oprah was definitely in his orbit on multiple occasions over the years. To say they never had a professional working relationship would be naive.

I'm not going to condemn Oprah for having a relationship with Weinstein. But there's stories and evidence that many big name stars and actors knew about his behavior and didn't really say or do anything.
Oprah made BILLIONS being the "Queen of Media" or whatever. There's no way she didn't know something unless she lived under a rock all this time.

__________________
Greens
Where the hell does it say that you've got a right to kick down doors, torture suspects, deny medical attention and legal counsel?
Where have you been? Does Escobedo ring a bell? Miranda? I mean, you must have heard of the Fourth Amendment. What I'm saying is that man had rights!

Aziz
...
Greens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:57 AM   #137
DeadPresident
Side-Kick
 
DeadPresident's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 11,375
Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSP View Post
Did Oprah work closely with Weinstein or something? Just wondering why she would know what he does. Doesn't she operate out of Chicago?
If you go back in this thread I believe you’ll see many posts of “Literally everyone in Hollywood has known about Weinstein’s behavior for like, literally, forever”.

Literally. Everyone.

Any human being unfortunate enough to be in the same frame as Weinstein in a photograph is now a suspected sexual harasser, basically.

But, because it’s Saint Oprah who’s in question, and she seems to have had multiple business dealings with Weinstein and “operates out of Chicago” she couldn’t possibly have know about his actions judging by some of the responses in here.

Hmm...it’s almost like the facts don’t matter and people just bend reality to suit pre-existing biases they have. If we’re getting the pitchforks out for a bunch of other celebrities because of their affiliation with Weinstein why the kid gloves for Oprah I wonder.


Last edited by DeadPresident; 01-12-2018 at 06:00 AM.
DeadPresident is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:08 AM   #138
Reek
_________
 
Reek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 47,188
Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 3

so whatever came out of the Affleck thing... drunk incident as we've been discussing.

Reek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 09:02 AM   #139
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!
 
RockSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 11,981
Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPresident View Post
If you go back in this thread I believe you’ll see many posts of “Literally everyone in Hollywood has known about Weinstein’s behavior for like, literally, forever”.

Literally. Everyone.
People on message boards make hyperbolic statements? *gasp*

Quote:
Any human being unfortunate enough to be in the same frame as Weinstein in a photograph is now a suspected sexual harasser, basically.

But, because it’s Saint Oprah who’s in question, and she seems to have had multiple business dealings with Weinstein and “operates out of Chicago” she couldn’t possibly have know about his actions judging by some of the responses in here.
Well my question that you quoted is asking did she work with Weinstein, so not sure where this "Saint" stuff is coming from. The only movie involving Oprah I've ever seen is The Color Purple. I know that movie was directed by Spielberg based on a book written by Alice Walker. Couldn't tell you who produced it, executive produced it or what studio released it.

Quote:
Hmm...it’s almost like the facts don’t matter and people just bend reality to suit pre-existing biases they have. If we’re getting the pitchforks out for a bunch of other celebrities because of their affiliation with Weinstein why the kid gloves for Oprah I wonder.
That's a question best asked to someone who is doing those things.

__________________
"We're living in a world where we're having our rights taken away by giant corporations, and [fanboys] were cheering for another corporation to eventually take our rights away...because we'll get superhero movies!" --writer Brandon Easton on the Disney/Fox merger

https://www.facebook.com/MythworldeMedia/
RockSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:09 AM   #140
Venomfan
Side-Kick
 
Venomfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,815
Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 3

I remember when people were analyzing the grip that dirty harv was using on actresses hands in photos.

Venomfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:21 AM   #141
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Schlosser85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 26,488
Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 3

The fact that some of the same people here who automatically believe everyone is guilty on a single word but are now switching to the exact opposite position with Oprah just kind of backs up what I said before about empty virtue signaling.

__________________
You can fit like 3 more scenes if you play the chorus twice like in the actual song.

Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Schlosser85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:02 AM   #142
DeadPresident
Side-Kick
 
DeadPresident's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 11,375
Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSP View Post
People on message boards make hyperbolic statements? *gasp*



Well my question that you quoted is asking did she work with Weinstein, so not sure where this "Saint" stuff is coming from. The only movie involving Oprah I've ever seen is The Color Purple. I know that movie was directed by Spielberg based on a book written by Alice Walker. Couldn't tell you who produced it, executive produced it or what studio released it.



That's a question best asked to someone who is doing those things.
I’m going to continue laboring under the delusion that you nonchalantly made the “operate out of Chicago” comment to try and create distance between her and Weinstein to imply she can’t possibly have known about the same things other people knew about him, and did nothing.

But, I’m open to being wrong.

DeadPresident is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:36 AM   #143
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!
 
RockSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 11,981
Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPresident View Post
I’m going to continue laboring under the delusion that you nonchalantly made the “operate out of Chicago” comment to try and create distance between her and Weinstein to imply she can’t possibly have known about the same things other people knew about him, and did nothing.

But, I’m open to being wrong.
Whew...thanks for letting me know.

There wasn't anything nonchalant about it. As far as I know she is based in Chicago, but that could've been wrong so I asked. She's mainly known for being a talk show host, but I know she's done a handful of movies over the decades. I didn't know if she'd worked with Weinstein on any of those movies, so I asked. It's all there in the very simple post I made that you are inexplicably trying to twist into something else. But then that's kind of your thing.

__________________
"We're living in a world where we're having our rights taken away by giant corporations, and [fanboys] were cheering for another corporation to eventually take our rights away...because we'll get superhero movies!" --writer Brandon Easton on the Disney/Fox merger

https://www.facebook.com/MythworldeMedia/
RockSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:38 AM   #144
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator
 
C. Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 54,477
Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 3

Seal apparently is "clarifying" his previous statement concerning Oprah and Weinstein....he says he wasn't attacking her personally, but instead meant Hollywood in general https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/cele...cid=spartanntp

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:21 PM   #145
Doug_Moore
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 100
Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 3

Quote:
The fact that some of the same people here who automatically believe everyone is guilty on a single word but are now switching to the exact opposite position with Oprah just kind of backs up what I said before about empty virtue signaling.
Unfortunately, virtue signalling is all the rage today.


Last edited by Doug_Moore; 01-12-2018 at 01:28 PM.
Doug_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:18 PM   #146
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 79,925
Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
The fact that some of the same people here who automatically believe everyone is guilty on a single word but are now switching to the exact opposite position with Oprah just kind of backs up what I said before about empty virtue signaling.
She is "friends" with Bill Clinton. She championed Nate Parker for a bit. Oprah is responsible for Dr. Phil. That is enough to dislike her for. To blame her for. That does not make her Lena Dunham in this situation. Oprah did not make her career hanging out with Weinstein, being told what he did, defending others who have done similar things and done such thing herself.

__________________
"Darkness rises and light to meet it."
DarthSkywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:18 PM   #147
DeadPresident
Side-Kick
 
DeadPresident's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 11,375
Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSP View Post
Whew...thanks for letting me know.

There wasn't anything nonchalant about it. As far as I know she is based in Chicago, but that could've been wrong so I asked. She's mainly known for being a talk show host, but I know she's done a handful of movies over the decades. I didn't know if she'd worked with Weinstein on any of those movies, so I asked. It's all there in the very simple post I made that you are inexplicably trying to twist into something else. But then that's kind of your thing.
Reading between the lines is my thing. What I find interesting is guilt by association with Weinstein seems generally to pertain to the men he interacted with. Surely if the knowledge of his behavior was so widespread not even being all that way in Chicago would've prevented Oprah from at least having an inkling of knowledge about his conduct?

I just find it interesting that when others knew about his occasionally criminal behavior the collective outcry was "Why didn't they say something! Why didn't they do something! They're complicit!" as soon as they're even peripherally connected with Weinstein. Oprah comes along and has produced things alongside Weinstein and the reflex is…"She would've done something if she'd known…surely".

Seems to me like she's busy getting the Stan Lee/Dustin Hoffman/Bill Cosby/Meryl Streep treatment in so far as she's a generally liked person so people don't want to believe bad things about her. I mean Meryl Streep has applauded Polansky, a move I'm sure would've had/has had many other men drawn and quartered on social media. Meryl Streep got a wrap on the knuckles for that and it died down immediately. Obviously people would prefer to keep their idols on their pedestals.

DeadPresident is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:28 PM   #148
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 79,925
Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPresident View Post
Reading between the lines is my thing. What I find interesting is guilt by association with Weinstein seems generally to pertain to the men he interacted with. Surely if the knowledge of his behavior was so widespread not even being all that way in Chicago would've prevented Oprah from at least having an inkling of knowledge about his conduct?

I just find it interesting that when others knew about his occasionally criminal behavior the collective outcry was "Why didn't they say something! Why didn't they do something! They're complicit!" as soon as they're even peripherally connected with Weinstein. Oprah comes along and has produced things alongside Weinstein and the reflex is…"She would've done something if she'd known…surely".

Seems to me like she's busy getting the Stan Lee/Dustin Hoffman/Bill Cosby/Meryl Streep treatment in so far as she's a generally liked person so people don't want to believe bad things about her. I mean Meryl Streep has applauded Polansky, a move I'm sure would've had/has had many other men drawn and quartered on social media. Meryl Streep got a wrap on the knuckles for that and it died down immediately.
Why wouldn't this make sense for at least a few reasons?

1. Men weren't being harassed by Weinstein. More over, as we are leaning, the vast majority of women in the industry seem to have experienced this quite a bit. Project after project. It was something they were forced to live with to be in the industry.

2. Hollywood is a place where men are paid more and have far more overall power.

3. Because of the first two, women for years were in a position to lose a lot more then men by being honest. Being blamed for what Weinstein's actions and being blackballed to name two.

Weinstein's approach to this has mirrored Trump. The difference here is he doesn't have the same Conservative support Trump did. That even if they did believe it all , didn't think it mattered.

I also feel like when we talk about this, we act like this situation was always going to obviously play out this way. It took a ton of people, and a lot of major stars to make this all stick. To start this. Just last year, Casey Affleck got an Oscar. Look at Franco.

__________________
"Darkness rises and light to meet it."
DarthSkywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:34 PM   #149
DeadPresident
Side-Kick
 
DeadPresident's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 11,375
Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Why wouldn't this make sense for at least a few reasons?

1. Men weren't being harassed by Weinstein. More over, as we are leaning, the vast majority of women in the industry seem to have experienced this quite a bit. Project after project. It was something they were forced to live with to be in the industry.

2. Hollywood is a place where men are paid more and have far more overall power.

3. Because of the first two, women for years were in a position to lose a lot more then men by being honest. Being blamed for what Weinstein's actions and being blackballed to name two.

Weinstein's approach to this has mirrored Trump. The difference here is he doesn't have the same Conservative support Trump did. That even if they did believe it all , didn't think it mattered.

I also feel like when we talk about this, we act like this situation was always going to obviously play out this way. It took a ton of people, and a lot of major stars to make this all stick. To start this. Just last year, Casey Affleck got an Oscar. Look at Franco.
The post you quoted didn't mention Trump? I don't feel like any of what you said addressed the main point of my post, which is: Why isn't Oprah held to higher standards?

And you can't seriously expect me to believe that Oprah Winfrey, a woman with a media empire that is worth three billion dollars, and who could mount a presidential campaign in the near future, would fear Weinstein and allow that fear to override her principles…could she? And if it's legitimate for her to not publicly out Weinstein out of self-preservation, why isn't it for the men he knows?

Apples and oranges is what I'm seeing, where people are only too willing to throw X under the bus for a specific reason and spare Y because of their biases.


Last edited by DeadPresident; 01-12-2018 at 02:39 PM.
DeadPresident is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:54 PM   #150
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 79,925
Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPresident View Post
The post you quoted didn't mention Trump? I don't feel like any of what you said addressed the main point of my post, which is: Why isn't Oprah held to higher standards?

And you can't seriously expect me to believe that Oprah Winfrey, a woman with a media empire that is worth three billion dollars, and who could mount a presidential campaign in the near future, would fear Weinstein and allow that fear to override her principles…could she? And if it's legitimate for her to not publicly out Weinstein out of self-preservation, why isn't it for the men he knows?

Apples and oranges is what I'm seeing, where people are only too willing to throw X under the bus for a specific reason and spare Y because of their biases.
I am specifically talking about men compared to women in the Weinstein situation. It is why I put it in bold.

I brought up Trump to show how the vast majority women would have theoretically saw this going in the past. We just saw it happen with Trump, who left unscathed because of the support he received. The Weinstein situation is literally the tipping point.

Which male stars, directors or mega producers have been thrown under the bus for being simply associated with Weinstein? Who has gotten in actual trouble for actual knowledge of them knowing? Affleck has his brother and his own admittance of actions. Still was out for the JL tour. Every time Damon opens his mouth, he makes himself look guilty of at the very least being clueless. What has happened to him? Robert Rodriguez and Brad Pitt admitted they knew. Nothing. What happened with QT, maybe Weinstein's biggest star, would admitted he knew without knowing? Bidding war for his new film.

The only person who has had to actual answer for working with Weinstein in Streep. Applauding for Polanski Streep.

__________________
"Darkness rises and light to meet it."
DarthSkywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.