Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 06:25 AM   #401
harlequinade
Little Mermaid

Default Re: All Things DCEU News, Discussion, and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post

I love how Snyder should be ashamed apparently even though many people loved both MOS and BvS. So if 50% are happy and 50% aren't a director should be ashamed cause 50% didn't like the film? So should he also be proud of the 50% that did like it? *

Critical reception was bad but wasn't the cinema scores good for both BvS and Suicide Squad? So shouldnt the directors be proud in that case? Since when are films made for critics to love aswell? Aren't they made for people to go and see? Regardless of whether BvS didn't make as much WBs wanted it was still a massive hit and that also includes Blu Ray/Digital sales etc. Suicide Squad was also a much bigger succes than anticipated. So people voted with their wallets.

(*Percentages here are not meant to be an accurate, I'm just making a point)
Key word. IMHO. Imho he should be ashamed. If in my job I turned in something of BvS quality I'd be ashamed.

Yeah I paid for Suicide Squad. I was one of those people who made it into financial success. But I won't be paying for WW or JL.

Old 02-17-2017, 06:28 AM   #402
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlequinade View Post
Key word. IMHO. Imho he should be ashamed. If in my job I turned in something of BvS quality I'd be ashamed.

Yeah I paid for Suicide Squad. I was one of those people who made it into financial success. But I won't be paying for WW or JL.
Well then you'd be stupid to think so because he made the film HE wanted to make and many people loved it. It was a success and that's all there is to it.

Well then why do you seem to care so much about the DCEU if you aren't even bothering to watch anymore of it?

Old 02-17-2017, 06:30 AM   #403
harlequinade
Little Mermaid

Quote:
Well then you'd be stupid to think so because he made the film HE wanted to make and many people loved it. It was a success and that's all there is to it.

Well then why do you seem to care so much about the DCEU if you aren't even bothering to watch anymore of it?
"Stupid"? Careful now.

Because I love the characters and Ben and Margot did wonderful job. I'd love to see them and the characters I adore in movies worthy of them.

I'm not saying I won't watch them. But I will not pay for watching them.

Old 02-17-2017, 06:32 AM   #404
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Quote:
"Stupid"? Careful now.

Because I love the characters and Ben and Margot did wonderful job. I'd love to see them and the characters I adore in movies worthy of them.

I'm not saying I won't watch them. But I will not pay for watching them.
Read what I said I didn't call you stupid I said you would be stupid to think so if you made a film you wanted to make. So don't try and twist that one!

Well that's fair enough I hope you enjoy them (as I hope I do). If not then that's unfortunate.

Old 02-17-2017, 06:35 AM   #405
harlequinade
Little Mermaid

Quote:
Read what I said I didn't call you stupid I said you would be stupid to think so if you made a film you wanted to make. So don't try and twist that one!

Well that's fair enough I hope you enjoy them (as I hope I do). If not then that's unfortunate.
That's rich from someone calling BvS a success.

Old 02-17-2017, 06:36 AM   #406
idiot09
Kicks side

Snyder is very proud of BvS. Anyone who follows him on Vero can tell that. As he should be. I think its a great movie. Its silly to say "I dont like it so he should be ashamed of it". The movie made $870M. It did really really well on home media. It made a lot of money. And many fans love it. He has every right to be proud of it. Were the expectations higher? Sure. Was the critical response mixed? Yes. But that doesnt mean he should be ashamed of himself.

As he isnt. He just recently posted a video celebrating and thanking the vfx team and vfx work of BvS. He is proud of BvS. And that isnt going to change because someone didnt like it.

Old 02-17-2017, 06:37 AM   #407
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Quote:
That's rich from someone calling BvS a success.
Ermm because financially it most certainly was. Theatrically and on home video formats.

Anyway you're clearly just out for an argument so that's the end of that one. Of course you will follow that up with you're not surprised but maybe the fact it keeps happening to you should make you less surprised.

Old 02-17-2017, 06:38 AM   #408
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiot09 View Post
Snyder is very proud of BvS. Anyone who follows him on Vero can tell that. As he should be. I think its a great movie. Its silly to say "I dont like it so he should be ashamed of it". The movie made $870M. It did really really well on home media. It made a lot of money. And many fans love it. He has every right to be proud of it. Were the expectations higher? Sure. Was the critical response mixed? Yes. But that doesnt mean he should be ashamed of himself.

As he isnt. He just recently posted a video celebrating and thanking the vfx team and vfx work of BvS. He is proud of BvS. And that isnt going to change because someone didnt like it.

Exactly

Old 02-17-2017, 06:42 AM   #409
harlequinade
Little Mermaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiot09 View Post

Well then phew! I'm not stupid or silly because that's not what I said. Why are people defending BvS always calling other people's opinions adjective like that? You want critics to be civil and you cannot even be civil towards other members of this board.

The film got savage reviews and didn't meet financial goals of the studio. Good for Zack if he is proud but if I made a movie of that quality which imho was bad, which disappointed many fans and critics and turned the cast members into memes I'd be ashamed.

Old 02-17-2017, 06:47 AM   #410
idiot09
Kicks side

Quote:
Why are people defending BvS always calling other people's opinions adjective like that? You want critics to be civil and you cannot even be civil towards other members of this board.
I never called you silly. I merely said if someone has the notion that "I dont like this movie, this movie is not good, hence its director should be ashamed of himself" thats a silly thought. If you dont think that, then good. But thats what the critic wrote. And that imo is a very entitled way of thinking.

Quote:
turned the cast members into memes I'd be ashamed.
Bane is a meme too. A very famous and hilarious one at that. I am sure Nolan cries every night.

Old 02-17-2017, 06:50 AM   #411
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

She f***ing killed Margaery! You can't get more tragic than that

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 02-17-2017, 06:51 AM   #412
idiot09
Kicks side

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
She f***ing killed Margaery! You can't get more tragic than that
Wait what?

Old 02-17-2017, 07:13 AM   #413
Flint Marko
Side-Kick

Critic saying things you don't like now qualifies as "unprofessional". Hoo boy.

Old 02-17-2017, 07:16 AM   #414
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint Marko View Post
Critic saying things you don't like now qualifies as "unprofessional". Hoo boy.
Did you bother to read the actual posts and reasons why?

Old 02-17-2017, 07:22 AM   #415
Flint Marko
Side-Kick

Quote:
Did you bother to read the actual posts and reasons why?
Yup. A critic is allowed to bring up whatever movie they'd like to make whatever point they'd like. It's their review. Let's not spend our time making up arbitrary guideline as to what does or does not qualify as "professional" when it's only rooted in a fundamental disagreement with an opinion that a critic has.

Old 02-17-2017, 07:33 AM   #416
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Quote:
Yup. A critic is allowed to bring up whatever movie they'd like to make whatever point they'd like. It's their review. Let's not spend our time making up arbitrary guideline as to what does or does not qualify as "professional" when it's only rooted in a fundamental disagreement with an opinion that a critic has.
Anyone is allowed to say anything doesn't mean what they say is always professional. In any case we'll agree to disagree on this one cause I completely agreed with Idiot09s assessments.

Old 02-17-2017, 07:41 AM   #417
Flint Marko
Side-Kick

Quote:
Anyone is allowed to say anything doesn't mean what they say is always professional. In any case we'll agree to disagree on this one cause I completely agreed with Idiot09s assessments.
Bringing up another superhero movie in a review about a superhero movie is completely fine. It's laughable to suggest that is unprofessional. Again, this is only rooted in the fact that they're bashing something you all like.

Old 02-17-2017, 07:48 AM   #418
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Quote:
Bringing up another superhero movie in a review about a superhero movie is completely fine. It's laughable to suggest that is unprofessional. Again, this is only rooted in the fact that they're bashing something you all like.
Not at all but you spin it whatever way you like mate. Have fun

Old 02-17-2017, 08:24 AM   #419
Micromind
Side-Kick

Quote:

I really liked Batman V Superman : Ultimate Cut, I'm not ashamed to say that and I think neither Snyder should be ashamed for making it.

I agree that BvS's theatrical cut was a bad movie, so was Suicide Squad, though I did like those moments where Ayer tried to breathe some life into those comic book characters, the problem was rest of the movie was not good.

Looking at the sales of DvD's and Blurays, it's clear that the general audiences enjoyed those movies, despite those rotten reviews, I would say people voted for the movie by their wallets.

Clearly, some posters here have made up their mind that they hate DCEU movies and will use every opportunity to say that, just so that those who are still on the fence can be brought to their side, good luck with that.

Old 02-17-2017, 08:40 AM   #420
Micromind
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negan View Post
Its called difference of opinion & it does not help that the WB is showing they have not learned anything behind the scenes so that does make it hard to look forward to the next set of DCEU movies when its more of the same at WB & most of the bad rumors end up true at one point or another as well also does not help

I know it's called difference of opinion, it works both ways.

I'm not coming here regularly to say nice things about DCEU or to defend what WB are doing, but some are coming here on a regular basis not to discuss but to bash DCEU or to throw a shade at DCEU, how it is constructive ?

Is this thread's purpose ?

If it's that Hard to feel optimistic about future DCEU movies, then why are those who are disinterested in future movies (WW & JL) coming here ?

Last edited by Micromind; 02-17-2017 at 08:44 AM.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:46 AM   #421
harlequinade
Little Mermaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
Clearly, some posters here have made up their mind that they hate DCEU movies and will use every opportunity to say that, just so that those who are still on the fence can be brought to their side, good luck with that.
Yes, the people who disliked all 3 DCEU movies so far are evil conspirators who scheme together to get more people to hate DCEU.

Clearly.

Old 02-17-2017, 08:48 AM   #422
harlequinade
Little Mermaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
I know it's called difference of opinion, it works both ways.

I'm not coming here regularly to say nice things about DCEU or to defend what WB are doing, but some are coming here on a regular basis not to discuss but to bash DCEU or to throw a shade at DCEU, how it is constructive ?

Is this thread's purpose ?

If it's that Hard to feel optimistic about future DCEU movies, then why are those who are disinterested in future movies (WW & JL) coming here ?
I'm not disinterested. I'm very interested. I want those to be good even though I have no reason to think they will be. But I still check trailers and news hoping for something to pique my interest and make me hopeful, like it happened with Aquaman which I think is shaping up to be good.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:19 AM   #423
TeeKay
Side-Kick

So wait, let's say WW is a good movie (praying to God it is)and the reviews compare it to BvS will you guys still be complaining about it? Honest question. And BvS didn't get "mixed" reviews. The critics are trashed the movie. MoS was the one that got mixed reviews.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:52 AM   #424
OutOfBoose
Russian Hacker

I believe there should be some etiquette in journalism. That separates us ordinary folk and people, who make those write-ups. So depends on how it's done. If it's a meaningful comparison in respectful manner - I'm all for it. If the new film is used to attack, shame or humiliate Zack or Ayer, I don't find it appropriate.

Old 02-17-2017, 10:26 AM   #425
idiot09
Kicks side

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
So wait, let's say WW is a good movie (praying to God it is)and the reviews compare it to BvS will you guys still be complaining about it? Honest question. And BvS didn't get "mixed" reviews. The critics are trashed the movie. MoS was the one that got mixed reviews.
Well like I have said many times, I dont have a problem with movies being compared for the sake of constructive analysis. If they do that for WW and BvS great Even if that means pointing out the flaws in BvS to what WW does right. However if its just to drag BvS for a "zinger" then I do have a problem with that. However I think I have said enough about it, but I just clarified because your question seemed genuine.

Also I think quanitifying the over-all reception is a tricky thing, and I wont claim what I said was right. There is simply no way for an 100% accurate representation. I considered RT, but that uses a dual scoring thing, a yes or a no, and that makes it difficult to gauge a critical response overall. Therefore I used metacritic that divides it into good, mixed and bad reviews. BvS had around 10 good ones, 10 bad ones, and 30 mixed ones. Hence I concluded BvS had a mixed reception. However I do understand all these evaluations whether that be RT or Metacritic have their own flaws, which I do know about. So there's that. I just meant that statement in an overall way, and I think its merits and demerits can be argued either way until it just becomes about semantics, and I dont think thats worth it.