Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 07:13 PM   #201
Juan1193
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things DCEU News, Discussion, and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Also this is what the DCEU has in development outside of Wonder Woman, JL, and Aquaman...

Shazam
Black Adam
Cyborg
Green Lantern Corps
The Flash
Batman Solo movie
JL Dark Universe
Deadshot
Gotham City Sirens
Justice League 2
Lobo
Man of Steel 2
Suicide Squad 2
You forgot to add Booster Gold lol but everyone always seems to forget him xD I'm only keeping track of that movie because of the slim chance Blue Beetle (Jaime) appears in it.

Old 02-15-2017, 07:15 PM   #202
Kane52630
Technologic User

But I heard that's not apart of the DCEU.

Old 02-15-2017, 07:17 PM   #203
Boom
I got nothin'

I could understand Gibson finding appeal in the concept. Suicide Squad can act as a subversion of the superhero genre, if executed properly.

We'll see.

Old 02-15-2017, 07:20 PM   #204
Flint Marko
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
I could understand Gibson finding appeal in the concept. Suicide Squad can act as a subversion of the superhero genre, if executed properly.

We'll see.
I could see him being interested in the concept were this a standalone feature. I don't see him playing along with the rest of the DCEU.

Old 02-15-2017, 07:21 PM   #205
Juan1193
Side-Kick

Quote:
But I heard that's not apart of the DCEU.
Apparently it doesn't tie in to the overall narrative of the DCEU but I haven't seen anything that suggests it won't be set in the same world.

Old 02-15-2017, 07:27 PM   #206
Boom
I got nothin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint Marko View Post
I could see him being interested in the concept were this a standalone feature. I don't see him playing along with the rest of the DCEU.
I think SS could function just fine without any connection to the other DCEU films. Whether or not WB is wise enough to recognize that is an entirely different matter.

Old 02-15-2017, 07:27 PM   #207
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLord View Post
He trashed BvS a few months ago. He's not directing SS2.

Old 02-15-2017, 07:29 PM   #208
Boom
I got nothin'

It's also super neat that we've got a director for Gotham City Sirens and a preliminary director list for Suicide Squad 2, but we haven't heard a peep about Flash.

Old 02-15-2017, 07:37 PM   #209
Superchan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Snyder was also intrigued with the concept of Superman, but when you hate the idea of superheroes, it unfits you to make a lovable superhero movie.
Back in 2007 when Snyder was on a career high (300) he was asked about the possibility of directing superman and his answer was that "superman's too earnest" and that he wouldn't know how to handle the character. Then fast forward to 2010 not long before the release of Snyder's "seminal classic" suckerpunch with early word on the movie being poison and Snyder jumps at Nolan's request to direct superman to salvage his career.
Long story short, it's unlikely that Snyder ever liked or wanted to direct a superman movie but felt he had to salvage his career and hence the final product that was MOS (critical and box office disappointment).
Snyder also said in an interview that he thought that batman and superman just standing there talking in their costumes was silly hence why he limited their verbal interactions and that should explain the s**t fest that was BvS.

This is the man who was given the keys to the entire DC cinematic universe, this is the guy who is bringing us JL and who is deeply involved with WW and Aquaman and people wonder why the DCEU is in a tough spot.

Old 02-15-2017, 07:38 PM   #210
dallywhitty
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's also super neat that we've got a director for Gotham City Sirens and a preliminary director list for Suicide Squad 2, but we haven't heard a peep about Flash.
I don't know about that. I read earlier that McKay was in talks to direct.

Old 02-15-2017, 07:47 PM   #211
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetre15 View Post
I read somewhere that before Bryan Singer directed the X-Men films, he felt comics were unintelligent literature before Tom DeSantos got him to read the comics. For whatever low point he had with X-Men, people still hold DOFP and X2 in high regard so....
Not the same as disliking the idea of superheroes. Plus, the X-Men are an odd case, as you can take the superheroics out of them, as Singer did, and they still work as a drama if ignore most characters. That won't work with DC characters, as Superman Returns showed. Also, the Singer X-Men films aren't very good, and people have spent 15 years crying for more X-Men-like X-Men.

Old 02-15-2017, 07:51 PM   #212
sweetre15
Positive Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Not the same as disliking the idea of superheroes. Plus, the X-Men are an odd case, as you can take the superheroics out of them, as Singer did, and they still work as a drama if ignore most characters. That won't work with DC characters, as Superman Returns showed. Also, the Singer X-Men films aren't very good, and people have spent 15 years crying for more X-Men-like X-Men.
Dismissing comics he never read up to that point to me is just as much of a problem as disliking the concept of Superheroes because both are dismissive of the medium and can be seen as turning their nose up at it.

Nonetheless....

I have plenty problems with Singer's X-Men verse but even then many still hold Days of Future Past and X2 as some of the best CBMs to exist.

Point being, if Gibson even lands the gig, there's a good chance that he'll like the concept and characters enough to do something engaging with it .

WWE will always be the clear #1 company in pro wrestling as long as their next best competition is TNA, and TNA will always be the second-rate Mickey Mouse outfit with the creativity of a Xerox copier
Old 02-15-2017, 08:00 PM   #213
OutOfBoose
Russian Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1ll3r View Post
Yeah. To be fair, this ain't an issue. If anything it's actually one of the most Batman things he does in the flick - ensuring he has a back up plan should he lose the truck for whatever reason.

Now, Superman stopping Batman from chasing the truck full of armed terrorists, just to tell him to stop being Batman - instead of actually stopping the truck full of armed terrorists... now that's ****ing stupid.
Yep.

Old 02-15-2017, 08:10 PM   #214
Speed Force
Anyone reading this?

Quote:
Also this is what the DCEU has in development outside of Wonder Woman, JL, and Aquaman...

Shazam
Black Adam
Cyborg
Green Lantern Corps
The Flash
Batman Solo movie
JL Dark Universe
Deadshot
Gotham City Sirens
Justice League 2
Lobo
Man of Steel 2
Suicide Squad 2
That's 17 movies...17! They're trying to churn out as many as they can because $

Old 02-15-2017, 08:20 PM   #215
Pickleweasel
Side-Kick

Quote:
WB isn't just going to drop everything they are doing just because Flash doesn't have a director. I don't undertand why people get so upset about this kind of stuff.

Old 02-15-2017, 09:01 PM   #216
Speed Force
Anyone reading this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallywhitty View Post
I don't know about that. I read earlier that McKay was in talks to direct.
Nah, that was just some fan buzz. He was asked if he'd want to do it on Twitter and said yes

Old 02-15-2017, 09:43 PM   #217
Saint
The Devil's Robot

Gibson is a sleaze, but I won't lie: the prospect of a SS film by him would be rad as hell. It doesn't jive with his previous comments baout comic book films, but we'll see. I doubt he'd take the meeting if he had no interest.

Old 02-15-2017, 09:55 PM   #218
ManWithNoName18
Side-Kick

I'm down for a Mel Gibson directed anything, may want to keep him away from Wonder Woman though...

Ultimately I think this is like going after Tom Cruise for Hal, cool that there asking him, but don't think he's sign on. Don't think Gibson would want to deal with WB producers trying to edit his movie either.

Old 02-15-2017, 09:59 PM   #219
Saint
The Devil's Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Batman is not suffering from PTSD. He's suffering from idiocy. There's not a single source associated with this movie that says he was suffering with PTSD or any mental illness.
There is absolutely no question that Batman is suffering from PTSD in Batman v Superman-- and arguably in the vast majority of intepretations of the character.

In BVS he's also a dangerous, selfish, and willfully stupid person, but yeah, he definitely is suffering from PTSD.

Old 02-15-2017, 11:29 PM   #220
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint View Post
There is absolutely no question that Batman is suffering from PTSD in Batman v Superman-- and arguably in the vast majority of intepretations of the character.
I question it. Prove me wrong if it is so factual. In fact go look up a published book by a clinical psychologist named Robin S. Rosenberg, which clearly states Batman (the character in general) doesn't have PTSD.

Quote:
In BVS he's also a dangerous, selfish, and willfully stupid person
That part you're right about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Starks actions in IM3 are justifiable because we know he suffered from PTSD. Bruce however is an idiot. I always say the biggest example of this is that that Bat mobile chase. Batman is on that crane thing with his sniper-tracker gun. We get a CLOSE UP shot of the crates coming out of the vehicle he will be shooting his tracker on to. Those crates say LEXCORP.Then he shoots a giant ****in tracker SUPER OBVIOUS onto the back of the truck. Then he proceeds to start a shootout with the Lexcorp guys and ends up almost destroying the truck with tracker.

Actually screw logic, why did he place a tracker on the truck if he was gonna end up shooting it out with the Lexcorp guys? Would he not have waited until they got to Lexcorp then break in and steal the kryptonite anyways ( and I don't wanna hear the "oh Batman was on the edge, he was ruthless blah blah.)Then the truck is pulling into Lexcorp later while Batfleck is backfleck at the batfleck-cave watching on his cameras saying OH **** THAT ****S GOING TO LEXCORP.Not to mention, the idiocy of being perched on top of a crane in plain sight with a huge sniper rifle, in order to shoot a huge tracer with a loud beep and a blinking red-light on it. Stupid stupid idiot.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahran Ramsus View Post
More than that, we are clearly shown in the film itself that Stark does suffer from it. If Batman was meant to suffer from PTSD, then Snyder completely failed in getting that across. So he either doesn't, or you can chalk it up to poor film-making.
It's a combo of both.

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 02-15-2017 at 11:48 PM.
Old 02-15-2017, 11:32 PM   #221
Greenlite
Side-Kick

He freaked out when someone calls Martha?

Like some kid said New York and RDJ freaked out?

Execution's one thing, the narrative's there.

Old 02-15-2017, 11:36 PM   #222
The Joker
The Clown Prince of Crime

Batman didn't freak out when someone said Martha. His parents were mentioned several times in the movie and he didn't have any kind of reaction to it. Stark on the other hand went into a panic attack any time NY was brought up.

So where is the narrative for Batfleck? It's non existent. Which is why unlike with Iron Man 3 you can't find a single mention of it with any official source associated with the movie. It was never intended to be that. If the intention was there, someone would have said so. Snyder has even been specifically called out on Batman's controversial killing, and he never uttered a whisper about Batman's mental state when trying to justify it. So if the narrative is there, nobody is giving such an important story element any kind of attention at all in these character discussions. Because it isn't there to start with.

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 02-15-2017 at 11:46 PM.
Old 02-15-2017, 11:59 PM   #223
misslane38
Side-Kick

PTSD
Signs and Symptoms

There are a number of symptoms that can occur following exposure to a traumatic event. The symptoms will vary in severity based upon individual makeup, co-occurring mental disorders, and support system.

Intrusive, invasive, involuntary distressing memories of the events
  • Nightmares
  • Dissociative episodes (flashbacks) during which the individual feels they are re-experiencing the event
  • Prolonged emotional distress when faced with triggers of the trauma
  • Physiological reactions to triggers of the event

Avoidance Symptoms – these behaviors attempt to reduce the level of suffering of a person by avoiding triggers and memories of the event.
  • Avoidance (or attempts to avoid) people, places, activities, conversations, objections, and situations that may lead to disconcerting thoughts, feelings, or memories of the trauma
  • Efforts made to avoid anything that triggers distressing memories, feelings, or thoughts of the event

Negative Mood Symptoms – these symptoms begin with the event and worsen over time
  • Inability to remember parts of the traumatic event
  • Negative beliefs about oneself, others, or the world
  • Distorted thoughts about the trauma that lead to assigning blame for the event to themselves or another person
  • Constant negative mood state
  • Inability to feel pleasure
  • Feeling disconnected from others
  • Inability to feel positive emotions

Alterations in Arousal Symptoms:
  • Irritability
  • Angry outbursts without provocation
  • Recklessness
  • Self-destructive behavior
  • Self-harm
  • Difficulty concentrating
  • Hyper-vigilance
  • Exaggerated startle response
  • Sleep problems

Other symptoms of PTSD may include:
  • Depersonalization: Feeling detached from your body, as though you’re looking down from above
  • De-realization: Feeling as if you’re walking on water, in a dream or alternate reality

Source

And...

Excerpt: "Taking more risks or doing things that might cause you or others harm (for example, driving recklessly, taking drugs, having unprotected sex)"

(Source)

Old 02-16-2017, 12:11 AM   #224
misslane38
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Batman didn't freak out when someone said Martha. His parents were mentioned several times in the movie and he didn't have any kind of reaction to it. Stark on the other hand went into a panic attack any time NY was brought up.

So where is the narrative for Batfleck? It's non existent. Which is why unlike with Iron Man 3 you can't find a single mention of it with any official source associated with the movie. It was never intended to be that. If the intention was there, someone would have said so. Snyder has even been specifically called out on Batman's controversial killing, and he never uttered a whisper about Batman's mental state when trying to justify it. So if the narrative is there, nobody is giving such an important story element any kind of attention at all in these character discussions. Because it isn't there to start with.
The original trauma was his parents' deaths, but it's the Black Zero event that is a new trauma that triggers Batman. It's the association with Superman that's important, which is why it only bothers Batman when Superman says Martha's name. Superman is who he has projected his sense of powerlessness -- the feeling he had when his parents' were murdered -- onto. His single-minded and reckless pursuit of Superman is Batman's fight (part of the fight or flight response) response; in fighting Superman he feels he is fighting the man who killed his parents and made him feel such impotence and loss as a boy. Finally, the absence of a thing isn't evidence. Unless someone associated with the making of BvS has explicitly denied that Bruce was experiencing PTSD, then what is non-existent is evidence that it was not the filmmakers' intention to portray Bruce as experiencing PTSD symptoms.

Old 02-16-2017, 12:14 AM   #225
idiot09
Kicks side

*mic drop*

Closed Thread