The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > RPG Archives

Old 07-29-2012, 01:48 PM   #376
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Default Re: The Ultimate DC RPG - Season III: Sign-Up/OOC Thread

Yeah, MB, that last post was... dammit... well done and awesome.

And EB is APPROVED for Catwoman.

"People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:39 PM   #377
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

Excellent as always MB....however don't look now...Oswald may be getting his foot in the door at Wayne Enterprises. Ahh the corporate life...gotta love it.

John 3:16
MST3K 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:22 PM   #378
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!

As much as I'm hoping Bruce Wayne gets his vegetative ass out of bed in time for the JLA/LoD throw-down, I am seriously loving MB's Red Hood. The whole encounter with Deathstroke was freaking masterful, man.

Also, I finally got a Robin post up. Huzzah.

Andy C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:03 AM   #379
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

Alright, since my current computer situation leaves me in the position of being unable to update the picture roster, I'm just gonna go ahead and apply updates to a periodical text stand-in for the time being. This is gonna help me determine where we're at, as far as everyone's concerned with the season, and how long we've got left.

Anyone I missed, let me know.

HEROES

The Atom
MST3K 4ever

Batgirl
Saved

Catwoman
Eddie Brock

The Flash
Byrd Man

Green Arrow
Eddie Brock

Robin
Andy C.

Superman
Spike_x1

WALKING THE LINE

Red Hood

Batman

Rick Flag
Byrd Man

Oberon Sexton
Eddie Brock

VILLAINS

Bane
Spike_x1

Larfleeze
Saved

The Penguin
MST3K 4ever

Vandal Savage
Andy C.

Proper fonts'll eventually be added, aswell...

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:26 PM   #380
Johnny Blaze
Freethinker

So...any game-wide arcs planned for next season?

Old 08-01-2012, 10:29 PM   #381
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

Hah! Funny you should mention that... I still haven't gotten around to announcing the theme of next season.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:31 PM   #382
Johnny Blaze
Freethinker

Toga party?

Old 08-01-2012, 10:33 PM   #383
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Orgy.

-- Otto von Bismarck

Below The Bible Belt
Old 08-01-2012, 11:18 PM   #384
Johnny Blaze
Freethinker

I'm cool with that.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:33 AM   #385
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

Alright, enough needless anonymity. I present to you the theme of UDC: Season IV...

That's right, we're digging up an old classic pioneered by the Marvel RPG. UDC: One Year Later will take place exactly one year ahead from where the season ends. While you've all likely got many plans still with your characters, and you may still do as you wish with them, it'll have to be at least one year into your characters' lives. Hell, with that kind of leeway, you have even more options for storytelling than before. Imagine what kind of changes you could make with a year ahead: Your character could do anything. Switch allegiances, good or bad. Become the head of a new team that formed between the year long gap. Transform into the character he or she was meant to be, or take the direction in an even more drastic interpretation than before. Hell, maybe you could even decide to kill off your character, passing the torch to an entirely new character...

Honestly, the choice is your's. Confer with other players, get to brainstorming. Really hash out where these characters have been, and what sort of experiences have led them from where they were to where they are. Want to establish somebody that's never been given the time for a proper introduction? Now's your chance. And don't be too afraid to go to the extreme. This is the Ultimate DC Universe, people! Do what nobody would dare, or do what you've always wanted. Not so much as to throw anyone off guard, of course, if what you've got in mind involves their character. But feel free to just go and do the craziest stuff you can do. Really get creative.

As for when Season III is gonna end, I've thought long and hard about it, taking into account where everyone's at and how close we're at to the finish. So with that said, the end date is September 25th. Close to eight weeks, or two months. That should be plenty of time to get a few more interactions and solo arcs in for whoever wants to do them. Per usual, when the season ends, we'll get a week off and then start things up with Season IV.

Be warned, though, this time is hardlined and definite. So if you're still dragging along by the time that the date rolls around, sorry, but we're moving on. Two months is plenty of time to do as much as you want within the timeframe.

So, as a colleague of mine would undoubtedly say, people...

POOOOOOOOOOOST!!!!

Old 08-03-2012, 11:19 PM   #386
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

Next season: Flashback posts for the first five pages.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:04 AM   #387
Johnny Blaze
Freethinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike_x1 View Post
Next season: Flashback posts for the first five pages.
Ha! I laugh because it's true.

Old 08-04-2012, 02:00 PM   #388
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

It's exactly what I'm planning to do. Whatever changes happen to Bane or Superman during that year, I want to play the characters during those events and explore their reactions to it all instead of simply joining them when things have settled back down. Flashbacks are gonna be my bread and butter for a while, I think.

EDIT: I don't want it to seem like I'm against the One Year Later thing, because I'm more or less indifferent. The concept is bringing out some ideas that I think I can have fun with, but still. Heavy flashbacks up in the hizzuh.

Last edited by Spike_x1; 08-04-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Spike_x1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:10 PM   #389
Saved
SynTheMerc

Okay IDK remember where exactly I put Barbara in her own time continuity - I know it's senior year now, but IDK where. I'm going to finish this season with a graduation post. I can do that pretty quickly after Scarecrow. ... if she survives.

When's the end date?

Old 08-04-2012, 04:17 PM   #390
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
So with that said, the end date is September 25th. Close to eight weeks, or two months.

-- Otto von Bismarck

Below The Bible Belt
Old 08-05-2012, 01:36 PM   #391
Johnny Blaze
Freethinker

Has Jim Corrigan ever been used in this RPG?

Old 08-05-2012, 01:39 PM   #392
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Twice, actually. There's the old Jim Corrigan, based off the Spectre character. He's a criminology professor at Keystone University in Kansas. The second Jim Corrigan, the younger one, was a corrupt lab tech that worked for the GCPD until Bane killed him.

-- Otto von Bismarck

Below The Bible Belt
Old 08-05-2012, 01:52 PM   #393
Johnny Blaze
Freethinker

So, he's already dead then? Well, that makes things easier and would save me a few posts to set things up.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:33 PM   #394
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

Aw yeah, Bane murdered the s**t out of him.

Old 08-23-2012, 05:34 AM   #395
Saved
SynTheMerc

Hey guys, I apologize for my absence the last few weeks. I work two jobs and by the time I get home to have time to post, I'm beat. Summer's winding down so I'll be around computers more. In the mean time, I'll do my best to get a couple posts a week or so til the summer's over. Thanks for the understanding.

Old 08-23-2012, 01:17 PM   #396
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

In terms of The Atom I think I'm backing off on her character until the end of the season L-O-D battle for now...and once it is over there will be a number of posts leading up to the season finale post...and trust me...life really will be changing for Rhiannon...forever.

Old 08-23-2012, 01:18 PM   #397
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

She has a sex change, bleaches her skin, and renames herself Ray?

-- Otto von Bismarck

Below The Bible Belt
Old 08-23-2012, 01:26 PM   #398
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
She has a sex change, bleaches her skin, and renames herself Ray?
DARN IT BYRD!

Now I gotta come up with something else.

Way to go Byrd!

Can't believe you guessed it already!

Old 08-24-2012, 02:02 AM   #399
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

THE NEW ULTIMATE DC RPG
Character Application

.Character you wish to portray: Azrael/Jean-Paul Valley

.Hero, villain, or walking the line?: Hero

.Powers and physical attributes: Trained since birth to be a holy assassin for the Order of St. Dumas, Jean-Paul is incredibly skilled at hand-to-hand combat and gymnastics, and with nearly all conceivable bladed weaponry.

.Origin and backstory (as you see it): Not knowing anything other than what the Order of St. Dumas had taught him all his life, Jean-Paul was given the mantle of Azrael, the Avenging Angel, and instructed to be their agent in Gotham. Somewhere along the way in that mission, Azrael fell under the sway of the Joker and joined the criminal's traveling circus. It took weeks of struggle, but Valley's mental conditioning finally took hold and allowed him to break free and leave the circus, but it left him more confused than ever. It seemed as if St. Dumas' forces had abandoned Gotham when it was apparent that their knight had deserted them, and Jean-Paul himself was left with a crippling sense of guilt over his half-remembered actions when he was a part of the Joker's circus.

Out of this guilt, he sought out the newest crimelord in Gotham at the time: the monster known only as Bane. Underestimating Bane's skill and overestimating his own, Valley was drastically outmatched and barely escaped the fight alive. Since then, he has been retraining and honing his body to new heights, because his rematch with the monster will be different. Azrael can feel it in his bones. If he cannot be an agent of St. Dumas any longer, then he will honor the lost hero of Gotham and become and Agent of the Bat.

.The burning question - Why this character?: Jean-Paul is a troubled man but with a heart of gold, and I'm interested in showing the character's journey for redemption after he was brainwashed by the Joker into doing horrible deeds. He wants to help fill the void left by Bruce Wayne's Batman and make Gotham City a safer place.

.How will this version of your character differ from others? How will it be Ultimate?: Jean-Paul's motivations are different, although the vague broad strokes are kind of there. His vendetta against Bane is less about him trying to prove himself, and more about trying to atone for past sins and fighting what he sees as the personification of the corruption that the Order of St. Dumas originally wanted him to fight.

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?: Bananas.

.Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more:

Once Bane is beaten, where will I go next? I have no way of tracking the Order, but maybe they'll contact me. Man, who am I kidding? They cut their losses with me, and I can't blame them. The second I let that clown dig his psychic fingers into me, I became a liability. I'm far more of a risk than they're willing to take, which begs the question of whether or not I can even trust myself any more. I think I broke free from the circus, but for all I know this could all just be more of that clown's mindgames. I could still be going through his mental hoops and wondering what's what while he sits back and laughs his ass off.

I need to find Batman. He'll know what to do. The Order isn't exactly fond of him, but he clearly has resources and his heart is in the right place, so doesn't that make him the closest thing I have to an ally right now?

No. No, I think he... I'm so confused! Batman has been gone for so long, hasn't he? It's why this city has fallen so hard! God, my thoughts are so damn foggy right now.

The sudden thunder clap brings me crashing back to reality as lightning illuminates the churchyard in front of me. This was supposed to be the Order's base of operations in Gotham, but there's nothing here for me any more. Nothing except for the crime. It's impossible to ignore, and the man at the center of it--if that villain can be called a man--will be made an example of. This time, Bane, I'm ready for you.

.Preferred roster pic? (No preference, and one will be chosen for you):

Old 08-24-2012, 04:04 AM   #400
Saved
SynTheMerc

Wasn't Azrael last seen sinking to the depths of the Gotham bay handcuffed to Joker at the circus fight?