The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > DC Comics

Old 04-06-2015, 06:03 PM   #801
KevanG
Brony

Default Re: The now NEW Official DC Stupid Questions thread: Didio Headaches - Part 3

So how unstoppable would Batman be with a Yellow Power Ring?

Deadly Premonition - The best horror game you've never played.
KevanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 06:06 PM   #802
Tron Bonne
DON'T SUCK LEMONS!
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The now NEW Official DC Stupid Questions thread: Didio Headaches - Part 3

Batman can't handle yellow. The vaguely yellow muzzle flash from the gun that killed his parents cripples him to this day.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 06:05 AM   #803
sand
New User - Level 0

Some time ago I saw a page of comics on the internet. The Kents in smallville are murdered by some kind of criminal who escaped from jail. I can’t find that issue though. Does anyone know that elseworlds?

sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 08:06 PM   #804
KevanG
Brony

The only one I can think of would be the sequel to The Nail. I think it's called Another Nail. Kind of iffy on that one though.

Old 05-07-2015, 08:08 PM   #805
Tron Bonne
DON'T SUCK LEMONS!
SHH! Moderator

In The Nail and Another Nail, Superman is raised by an Amish couple. I don't think the Kents are actually in either of those

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:20 PM   #806
KevanG
Brony

In the first one he is and they get killed by *somebody* and then he moves in with the Kents by the end of the story and in the sequel he hangs out with them and Lois to figure out how to live a normal life.

Old 05-07-2015, 08:21 PM   #807
Tron Bonne
DON'T SUCK LEMONS!
SHH! Moderator

Are you sure? It's been a long time since I've read either, but I don't recall the Kents ever being in them.

Quote:
Old 05-07-2015, 08:25 PM   #808
KevanG
Brony

They ran a haven for powered people since the government was rounding them up.

Old 05-07-2015, 08:29 PM   #809
Tron Bonne
DON'T SUCK LEMONS!
SHH! Moderator

Really, I honestly don't remember any of that. Been quite a long time, though.

Quote:
Old 05-07-2015, 09:00 PM   #810
-Arya-
Batman v Superman - 2016

Dumb question. Throughout Geoff John's run on GL, was it ever explained in detail how the Rings and Lanterns of each corp were created?

Did they just materialize from the specific emotion of each founding member (Sinestro = Fear, Atrocitus = Rage etc...)?

Old 05-07-2015, 11:44 PM   #811
Anubis
Sup?

They all made them. Mainly due to the Guardians making having made rings for their GL Corps. They were just biting the little guy's style. Personally, I think they shoulda went with different kinds of jewelry. Maybe a Tiara for the Star Sapphires. Or a medallion for the Red guys.

Honestly, the whole things iffy. Willpower isn't an effin' emotion.

H.E.
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 11:58 PM   #812
KevanG
Brony

I think that some grills would have been great for the Red Lanterns. I don't mean no George Foremans, I mean these.

That way when they scream at you (which they do a lot of) the'd fire out the puke and energy beams too.

Old 05-21-2015, 07:45 AM   #813
Lobo
Rogue One

Anyone know what issue this is from?

Old 05-21-2015, 09:37 AM   #814
geetard
Babs ♥

Filename has Superman 65.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Superman_Vol_2_65

Old 05-31-2015, 11:36 AM   #815
Decepticonus
Fascist Super Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
They all made them. Mainly due to the Guardians making having made rings for their GL Corps. They were just biting the little guy's style. Personally, I think they shoulda went with different kinds of jewelry. Maybe a Tiara for the Star Sapphires. Or a medallion for the Red guys.

Honestly, the whole things iffy. Willpower isn't an effin' emotion.
Yeah, that always bothered me alot. Johns, you idiot. But I like your idea of different jewelry.

Decepticonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 02:23 PM   #816
KevanG
Brony

I liked the translation I read somewhere better where it wasn't emotion but state of being.

Old 06-01-2015, 01:28 AM   #817
Anubis
Sup?

Well, Willpower ain't a state of being either.

It's something you have not something you feel. Like Intelligence.

H.E.

Last edited by Anubis; 06-01-2015 at 01:41 AM.
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 01:50 PM   #818
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face

Justice League 41 has been released, but Hal has his original GL attire, Bruce is active and Superman has powers…how can this be when Hal is a renegade, Bruce is a new god and Superman has no powers?

Do we just ignore continuity?

Lunar_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 01:54 PM   #819
Tron Bonne
DON'T SUCK LEMONS!
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar_Wolf View Post
Justice League 41 has been released, but Hal has his original GL attire, Bruce is active and Superman has powers…how can this be when Hal is a renegade, Bruce is a new god and Superman has no powers?

I think it's been said that Justice League will more or less exist within a bubble (at least until event time, I'm sure). I don't think it's so much ignoring continuity as much as operating under the assumption that it takes place before, after, in-between the other events in question. Pretty sure it's still a canon title.

Quote:
Old 06-05-2015, 04:58 PM   #820
geetard
Babs ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar_Wolf View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
I think it's been said that Justice League will more or less exist within a bubble (at least until event time, I'm sure). I don't think it's so much ignoring continuity as much as operating under the assumption that it takes place before, after, in-between the other events in question. Pretty sure it's still a canon title.
In post-Convergence, story now trumps continuity. And it's not just on the JL book...

Quote:
“In this new era of storytelling, story will trump continuity as we continue to empower creators to tell the best stories in the industry,” DC Co-Publisher Dan DiDio says in a press release announcing the June launch, which follows the company's two-month break for its line-wide Convergence event.
http://www.newsarama.com/23456-dc-re...book-line.html

Quote:
We're really asking the creators to put story and character first, and really focus on canon more than continuity. Continuity is, this is where this character was today, and this is where he is tomorrow. Those are things that sometimes I think the readership gets too concerned about it, and it starts overshadowing what we're in the business of doing, which is telling stories. So by focusing on canon -- which is the stories that matter, the best stories that we tell with these characters, they get elevated, and that's the history we want to create with these characters.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...-new-dc-comics

Old 06-05-2015, 04:59 PM   #821
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
Which is really how you have to read most things nowadays.

Old 06-07-2015, 06:47 PM   #822
MMMMM...Pancakes
SHOCK The World

When and where was Captain Atom's last appearance? I never made it all the way through the nu52 run.

MMMMM...Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 08:16 PM   #823
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevanG View Post
So how unstoppable would Batman be with a Yellow Power Ring?
He put one on to defeat Power Ring, couldn't handle it and got bested by the unwilling, weak-willed, pussified alternate universe version of Hal Jordan. Luckily Sinestro shows up to get his ring back and saved Batman.

Ben Affleck as Everyone
HighFivingMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 03:06 PM   #824
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

Have there been any references to No Man's Land since the New 52?

Old Yesterday, 10:14 PM   #825
Panthro
Goodbye Mr. Lee...

How old is Barbara Gordon supposed to be in the New 52?

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Panthro is offline   Reply With Quote