The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Should Cyclops be replaced with Havok (along with Jean Grey)?
Keep them both in, having Havok as a villain for the movie 12 21.05%
Just keep Cyclops in; after all, it is First Class 32 56.14%
Keep Havok; no Cyclops please 9 15.79%
Get rid of them both 4 7.02%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-2010, 05:17 PM   #226
Project862006
Banned User

Default Re: No Cyclops; Reaction Thread

A Good Cyclops imo would be

Sam Claflin(Pillars Of The Earth,Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides)

He is a good actor
5'11

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:14 PM   #227
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

He reminds me of James Marsden.

Though he's probably too old for this film and I'm still not convinced we're getting a First Class 2.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Deaths Head II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:19 PM   #228
Angamb
Banned User

the third pic reminds James, without a doubt.

Im not sure about First class 2 either.

Dont know if Fox and Bryan plan X4 after this, or FC2....

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:09 PM   #229
psyonic
X-Man

How can one be convinced that we're not getting a sequel to FC when it's not even done filming? ..

psyonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:04 PM   #230
BMM
Side-Kick

Thus far, with this cast, it seems like it would be a waste to not have a sequel to First Class.

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:41 PM   #231
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

I don't see how the cast matters since most people want the sequel to jump ahead several decades and focus on completely different characters which will require new actors, possibly recasts (I can't imagine Nick Holt playing an older Beast) and probably some of the current cast not coming back or at least not playing a major role.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.

Last edited by Deaths Head II; 11-05-2010 at 05:46 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:19 PM   #232
the a1ant
Awesome

I really can't picture Fox giving 'First Class' the greenlight if they didn't think sequels/ spin-offs could spawn from it.

Last edited by the a1ant; 11-05-2010 at 06:34 PM.
the a1ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:26 PM   #233
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaths Head II View Post
I don't see how the cast matters since most people want the sequel to jump ahead several decades and focus on completely different characters which will require new actors, possibly recasts (I can't imagine Nick Holt playing an older Beast) and probably some of the current cast not coming back or at least not playing a major role.
It would be weird, definetly.

How can they add Scott, Jean and Ororo, with these same young actors?

the sequel will create conflicts about the casting... maybe they cast yet younger actors for the "x-men" from the main trilogy.

Old 11-05-2010, 06:41 PM   #234
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by the a1ant View Post
I can't picture Fox giving 'First Class' the greenlight if they didn't think sequels would spawn from it.
They gave First Class the green light ages ago with plans for a trilogy and then Singer came along and grabbed it since it was the next X-Men film being prepared. He changed the entire nature of the film so it's very possible he changed the plans for where the series is headed next. The more financially safe and productive method would have also been to stick to the original concept with the trilogy so I'm inclined to believe Singer is calling the shots to a certain degree. Or at least Fox is trusting his plans for the series so much as to neglect the obvious money making paths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
It would be weird, definetly.

How can they add Scott, Jean and Ororo, with these same young actors
That's a good point. They can't have these 60s X-Men look around the same age as the new members. Just imagine Lucas Till pretending to be a Havok 20 years older then a teenage Cyclops.

Last edited by Deaths Head II; 11-05-2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:20 PM   #235
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm referring to the older actors. I don't think Fox would go to the trouble of courting the likes of Fassbender, who was up for a role in a much more prominent superhero franchise, and McAvoy, if the studio didn't plan on using them in more than one film... but crazier things have happened.

Old 11-05-2010, 08:07 PM   #236
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
I'm referring to the older actors. I don't think Fox would go to the trouble of courting the likes of Fassbender, who was up for a role in a much more prominent superhero franchise, and McAvoy, if the studio didn't plan on using them in more than one film... but crazier things have happened.
The inverse is that even if this were a standalone film, Singer and Vaughn wouldn't hire any old actor to play the roles done by Stewart and McKellen. Especially since Singer clearly has a vision behind this story of Magneto and Xavier falling out and if the actors he got weren't up to snuff the film would suffer greatly.

And Fox doesn't seem to plan for any sequels ever and just makes them up as they go. Just look at X3 suddenly being decided it was the last of the trilogy, or even post X3. When we were getting talk about a young X-Men spin off and I believe even an Emma Frost spin off was rumored at one point. And when Fox does make plans, those plans almost immediately seem to fall through the cracks. When the Origins line was thought up, it died right after the first film. Then the First Class trilogy about Cyclops, Jean, Storm and Beast was thought up. And that went out the window when Singer signed on.

So even if Fox might want to bring these guys back right now it doesn't necessarily mean that'll be the case this time next year. I'm just not going to bank on it considering this franchise has been struggling for direction for a while. And even a line of prequels isn't much of a direction and I wouldn't be surprised if Singer decided to go another way.

Last edited by Deaths Head II; 11-06-2010 at 06:39 AM.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:35 AM   #237
Angamb
Banned User

yeah, I dont like that about Fox. They dont have a concrete direction with this franchise, they just do movies when and how they want it, without a director with a clear vision of this franchise.

I hope with Synger on board, they decide a lineal direction, not a prequel, then another spin-off, then some kind of sequel to X3, then another prequel...

That work ethic can destroy any franchise.

Old 11-14-2010, 01:00 AM   #238
bullets
bang bang

It is kind of scary to think this franchise could go anywhere after next summer . I really want X-MEN 4 but it wouldn't make sense to go that way right now.

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:06 PM   #239
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

I really don't see how X4 can come together after The Last Stand. So many characters got killed or otherwise ejected from the story. I guess with that and the real-life time gap, the logical progression would be a new team.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 02:14 PM   #240
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Most of the characters got an easy out for a return and there already was a changing of the guard anyway with the older members leaving and the younger members coming into their own. I doubt the younger students would be that pricey, aside from Shadowcat who was recasted twice already so no big loss. I think the plan originally was for the next film to be about the young team with any of the bigger actors coming back at their leisure. Professor X could be recast due to his new body and they hinted the cure might be temporary so any cured actors could be uncured by the next film. The only real stretches would be Jean and Cyclops, but with Jean they probably felt they finished their story and with Cyclops they probably didn't think anyone would care about the underdeveloped and poorly characterized Cyclops. I still don't get why they didn't go straight ahead to a X4 in that vein. Maybe they figured new actors would be even cheaper then those young actors. Or maybe they figured splitting the franchise into spinoffs would give the most bang for the buck.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:58 PM   #241
CyclopsSummers
Side-Kick

No Cyclops No Jean No Storm its normal
This movie sets in 60's
Cyclops and others are born in 70's!!

Why people would like to see original x-team whereas this movie will focus on Xavier & Erik in 60's.
Include Scott and others will make no sense, however Havok's presence as teenager in this movie WTF !!! they shouldnt include him in this movie. I disagree this older Havok version (already teenager in 60's whereas he's born after Cyclops's birth in comics, what f***ckin movie version why do they not follow comics version ?! )

CyclopsSummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 03:04 PM   #242
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsSummers View Post
No Cyclops No Jean No Storm its normal
This movie sets in 60's
Cyclops and others are born in 70's!!

Why people would like to see original x-team whereas this movie will focus on Xavier & Erik in 60's.
Include Scott and others will make no sense, however Havok's presence as teenager in this movie WTF !!! they shouldnt include him in this movie. I disagree this older Havok version (already teenager in 60's whereas he's born after Cyclops's birth in comics, what f***ckin movie version why do they not follow comics version ?! )
you kinda answered your own question. it's a movie universe so they can do whatever they want. i think that's stupid, but someone on these boards told me i'm in the wrong in thinking that anything that's fact in the comics should be fact in the movies. back when x-men origins wolverine was coming out i said wolverine and sabretooth being brothers was never fact. i got blasted for that remark. i was told that xo: wolverine would be the most faithful interpretation ever. i guess i was proven wrong

i hate the fact that they are using all of these characters that didn't exist until well after the original 5 were created. havok is cyclops's younger brother. making him a teenager in the 60s makes no sense, nor does it make sense to include characters like darwin, a mystique in human form, beast is already blue and xavier's driver or something, and angel is the mosquito winged angel, not warren worthington III.

Sub-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 09:23 PM   #243
The Guard
Side-Kick

While it would make perfect sense for the filmmakers to move through various "war" eras if there are sequels to this film, I'm kind of expecting to see something more along the lines of X-Factor more than the X-Men if they move forward from X-MEN: FIRST CLASS vs making an X-MEN 4.

The Guard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:27 PM   #244
JTStarkiller
Side-Kick

I'm sure this has been talked about already, but doesn't Xavier in the first X-Men film say that Scott and Jean (and possibly Storm) were his first students?

JTStarkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:39 PM   #245
BMM
Side-Kick

Xavier says they were some of his first students but not necessarily the first. Of course, they may still be his first students. We don't know how he will be affiliated with the mutants of First Class.

Old 11-22-2010, 06:22 PM   #246
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

If they're not the First Class, then why would the movie be called First Class?

And they really can't be some of his first mutants if they come 20 years after his first group of students. The only way I could see this working is if Xavier puts his ideas of a mutant team on hold for that duration of time because his first team was such a colossal mistake.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:21 PM   #247
Wolverine1988
Side-Kick

Quote:

And they really can't be some of his first mutants if they come 20 years after his first group of students. The only way I could see this working is if Xavier puts his ideas of a mutant team on hold for that duration of time because his first team was such a colossal mistake.

IDK why i keep getting the feeling that this "First Class" squad will be what you said " Colossal Mistake" maybe not COLOSSAL but a sqaud that may have not worked out,

Might be one of the sources of the rift between Magneto and Xavier, how to run the school/team, there ideaologies could get in the way of the team leading to some mutants joining Magneto(Mystique, maybe Havok? and others staying(Beast,Banshee)

Honeslty this whole no Cyclops and Jean being it despite it being called "First Class " isn't that big of a deal, again THIS ISNT THE FIRST TIME A DIRECTOR CHANGES SOMETHING FROM THE COMIC BOOKS.

Every comic book movie that i can remember had one alteration that fans *****ed and moaned up for ever, even till after the movie came out(Joker Perma white comes to mind , despite it being an amazing adaption)

Wolverine1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:11 PM   #248
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Because the only way this movie can be about the eventual formation of Xavier's first class of students at Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters is if the likes of Angel, Beast, Banshee, and Havok are them? We don't know how or when any of the mutants confirmed so far are going to be incorporated into the movie, and I'm not going to get hung up on the title, as though Fox chooses brilliant titles suitable to the content of its X-Men films in the first place.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:44 PM   #249
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

As dumb as Fox titles go, you can't argue they've been inaccurate to the concept of the films they've been used for. They had the X-Men unite, hold a last stand, and had Wolverine.'s origins revealed. If there are no actual students or class then the title doesn't make a lick of sense. And I highly doubt they got this group of young kids in a film bearing that title for no reason whatsoever. Especially since changing the title would have removed the confusion for a lot of fans. So I really doubt they stuck with the title for any reason except that there is an actual First Class in this film.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:42 AM   #250
huzzah
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTStarkiller View Post
I'm sure this has been talked about already, but doesn't Xavier in the first X-Men film say that Scott and Jean (and possibly Storm) were his first students?
No, no you imagined all of that. Xavier doesn't say that in X1

A film titled First Class but it's not really a First Class but just a pre-cursor to the team formed some 20 years later.

I'm sure Fox & Co. have their reasons for the title but, with the information released so far I cannot see how this film connects with X1 - X3 and Wolverine other than Prof X and Magneto.

I get the impression Michael Fassbender is dead.

Last edited by huzzah; 11-23-2010 at 05:31 AM.
huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote