The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > The Cutting Room Floor

Old 09-17-2017, 05:06 AM   #926
The Endless
WE are Groot

Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I think Alien Covenant would work better as a Blade Runner movie about a rogue skinjob going off world to play God. Get rid of the Engineers and their homeworld, make it a human colony. Get rid of the Xeno's but keep the white alien thingys. I find David a fascinating character and the concept of a replicant wanting to create his own life pretty cool.

Tying it into the Alien mythos completely hampers it.

Old 09-17-2017, 06:15 PM   #927
Flint Marko
"Underoos!"

Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Marvel's casting department probably made the right call when they chose Chris Pratt to play Star Lord (at least from a commercial perspective), but I would have preferred they went with Glen Howerton. He auditioned and I think he would have done a better job.

Homecoming - 7.7.2017
Flint Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 06:23 PM   #928
Spider-Aziz
They Saw the Bill

What would make him work better in the role?

YOUTUBE
I had a dream, and another dream

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 06:36 PM   #929
Flint Marko
"Underoos!"

He is a really good actor with great comedic chops, moreso than Pratt. I think Pratt works well in the role but seeing Dennis Reynolds side by side with Iron Man would have been awesome.

Homecoming - 7.7.2017
Flint Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 06:52 PM   #930
Black Narcissus
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint Marko View Post
Marvel's casting department probably made the right call when they chose Chris Pratt to play Star Lord (at least from a commercial perspective), but I would have preferred they went with Glen Howerton. He auditioned and I think he would have done a better job.
I didn't know that. Glen is awesome.

Black Narcissus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 09:07 PM   #931
Guts
My love for you

I don't find Requiem For a Dream to be disturbing. I think it's a depressing movie though. I guess living in a neighborhood where it's easy to find used syringes on the ground leaves me a bit desensitized to the movie's subject matter.

Guts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 07:55 PM   #932
gwynplaine
L'homme qui rit.

I liked Jared Leto's Joker. I just hope he gets better material and gets to do more next time, if there is a next time. His manic joy when Batman is on top of his car was pure comic book or cartoon Joker.

gwynplaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 08:57 PM   #933
Travesty
TEOL

I honestly can't tell if I liked him or not, as he was literally in the movie for about 3-4 min total. Some scenes were about 30 sec long. I think he looks terrible, tough. I wasn't a huge fan of SS. Started off fun, and then it just dragged.

Soooooo, I dunno?

Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 09:04 PM   #934
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynplaine View Post
I liked Jared Leto's Joker. I just hope he gets better material and gets to do more next time, if there is a next time. His manic joy when Batman is on top of his car was pure comic book or cartoon Joker.
I think it was Honest Trailers that pointed out that he sounds a lot like Ace Ventura. He could've been a good Joker, but he clearly was in the wrong movie.

DyeLorean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 04:02 PM   #935
LaughterLives
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I loved Leto's Joker but hated Margot's Harley.

LaughterLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:14 PM   #936
gwynplaine
L'homme qui rit.

I enjoyed The Golden Circle as much if not more than the Secret Service, flaws and all.

gwynplaine is offline   Reply With Quote