Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 09:27 AM   #976
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Default Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by superglowy View Post
Unless they go the Dark Knight route with Electro being the main 'Joker' villian of the piece and Goblin being the 'Harvey Dent' route that builds up through the movie and he kills Gwen at the end and gets away setting up the 3rd one.
This.

I feel that Goblin will be built up in ala Two-Face in TDK or in an underlying plot line like with Cobra Commander and his plan for the president in G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra (the only great thing about that movie)

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 03-12-2013, 09:28 AM   #977
Carlo Comicus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Shailene looks sexy. I don't know what the problem is.
Me, too.

http://www.shockdom.com/webcomics/frankcarter/
Old 03-12-2013, 09:36 AM   #978
Johnny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Shailene looks sexy. I don't know what the problem is.
I predict lots of backpedaling after the premiere. Trust me on that one.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:43 AM   #979
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
I predict lots of backpedaling after the premiere. Trust me on that one.
I don't think anybody has to trust you... we know it's going to happen. But with Woodley I think opinion will no doubt stay split.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 03-12-2013, 09:47 AM   #980
Johnny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
I don't think anybody has to trust you... we know it's going to happen. But with Woodley I think opinion will no doubt stay split.
I am speaking from experience. I've seen time and time again how many comic book fans have the tendency to change their minds after spewing venom towards said thing or person for a long time.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:53 AM   #981
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Unless Woodley knocks out one almighty performance then she'll always get the Dunst treatment.

Sadly thats just the way things are. Some will warm to her and some will remain indifferent.

This situation is not as extreme as Heath-Joker... the tide won't suddenly turn when the movies out.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 03-12-2013, 09:57 AM   #982
Carlo Comicus
Side-Kick

Quote:
I predict lots of backpedaling after the premiere.
For me, soon after the teaser trailer.

http://www.shockdom.com/webcomics/frankcarter/
Old 03-12-2013, 09:59 AM   #983
Johnny
Side-Kick

No, it's more kinda like Anne-Catwoman. Woodley is miles above Dunst look-wise. And Dunst is an above average actress too. But people seem to care way too much about looks above anything else. Someone mentioned Megan Fox in the previous pages. If the role was given to her, or someone like her, people would've said "Oh she has the looks but she's a terrible actress". Another backpedaling. So it's damned if you do, damned if you don't. I can't honestly understand what some people want. Do they just enjoy complaining?

Old 03-12-2013, 10:07 AM   #984
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:
No, it's more kinda like Anne-Catwoman. Woodley is miles above Dunst look-wise. And Dunst is an above average actress too. But people seem to care way too much about looks above anything else. Someone mentioned Megan Fox in the previous pages. If the role was given to her, or someone like her, people would've said "Oh she has the looks but she's a terrible actress". Another backpedaling. So it's damned if you do, damned if you don't. I can't honestly understand what some people want. Do they just enjoy complaining?

They're just idiot fanboys. They have their own perfect little fantasy version in their minds where everything looks exactly like it came from a comic book or cartoon and have a difficult time coming to grips with the fact that their own perfect movie in their wormy little minds isn't what they're going to see on screen. Simple as that- and that's completely barring the fact that they know nothing about actual storytelling or character portrayal or acting.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:18 AM   #985
Johnny
Side-Kick

Oh don't get me wrong, I don't mind if there is a resemblance between the actress and the comic book character's perceived looks, but I am aware of what artistic expression means and I'm not going to reach such harsh conclusions based on pretty much nothing. Freedom of expression or not, that's something people should put into consideration before they decide to judge a casting choice.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:18 AM   #986
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

I'm pretty positive MJ lives next door to Peter and MJ and that Peter is NOT moving.

the brick and close proximity of the houses match up to the set pic we previously got. I just think what we saw was the back of the house.

The odds that May and Peter move and move into a house right next door to the girl who visits their current neighbor is incredibly slim.

not to mention having either one move on film is sorta needless screen time that can be used upon other things. It's MUCH simpler (and cheaper for production) to just have MJ be a new girl who moved in next door. Rather than all this bouncing around people expect them to be doing.

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 03-12-2013, 10:22 AM   #987
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:
Oh don't get me wrong, I don't mind if there is a resemblance between the actress and the comic book character's perceived looks, but I am aware of what artistic expression means and I'm not going to reach such harsh conclusions based on pretty much nothing. Freedom of expression or not, that's something people should put into consideration before they decide to judge a casting choice.

You've got the right idea.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #988
sweetre15
Positive Page

I'm also amused by how Bipolar some of these people are towards Shailene because last week they loved her looks in the waitress attire now this week they are complaining about her being "plain tomboy jane" because she has her hair in a ponytail and is wearing jeans and leather boots." Hell some people of the Daily Bugle Spidey FB page actually think that this film will bomb because of one person and forget that the general public doesnt care about these things as much as we do. I still had to be a voice of reasoning there.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #989
mayo23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetre15 View Post
I'm also amused by how Bipolar some of these people are towards Shailene because last week they loved her looks in the waitress attire now this week they are complaining about her being "plain tomboy jane" because she has her hair in a ponytail and is wearing jeans and leather boots." Hell some people of the Daily Bugle Spidey FB page actually think that this film will bomb because of one person and forget that the general public doesnt care about these things as much as we do. I still had to be a voice of reasoning there.
Isn't the Daily Bugle FB run by Spiderman2o29? The guy who's apparently "done" with this franchise?

Old 03-12-2013, 10:54 AM   #990
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetre15 View Post

Good luck with that. Reasoning with a fanboy is like trying to reason with a stubborn child prone to fits and exaggeration. Some fanboys are so divorced from reality, it makes me curious as to how they function in everyday life.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:16 AM   #991
Johnny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
Good luck with that. Reasoning with a fanboy is like trying to reason with a stubborn child prone to fits and exaggeration. Some fanboys are so divorced from reality, it makes me curious as to how they function in everyday life.
True. It's like beating a dead horse. These people are useless to even talk about.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #992
grieven
The Amazing Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGHulk View Post
I'm still not feeling the way Shailene looks in the set photos made up as MJ. I think she looks the best in the fan photos posted at the beginning of shooting with the heavy eyeliner, but I'm now thinking that maybe that was her own makeup after shooting had wrapped, based on the pics we've seen from actual shooting?

The more I think of it, I think that in this film MJ will be kind of Tom boyish and not overly attractive because she shouldn't be seen as an immediate competition or threat to Peter and Gwen's relationship. Then whenever Gwen meets her demise, MJ and Peter will get closer, and hopefully she'll allowed to be at full bloom and beauty. Though personally I wish they'd make her up a bit better even if she's going the Tom Boyish route in this film.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #993
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

i get the vibe they're going a bit of the Erica Durance Lois Lane from Smallville feel with MJ. Which isn't actually a bad thing. considering Lois reminded me alot of MJ

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 03-12-2013, 11:43 AM   #994
Johnny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
i get the vibe they're going a bit of the Erica Durance Lois Lane from Smallville feel with MJ. Which isn't actually a bad thing. considering Lois reminded me alot of MJ
They've always been kind of similar to me too. I hope Gwen and MJ's dynamic with the main character is just as different as it was with Lana and Lois's dynamic with Clark. There was a perfect line in one of the episodes where they compared Lana to "sweet vanilla" and Lois to "wild cherry". I'd love to see a similar difference between Gwen and MJ here too. Gwen is more similar to Peter's calm and tender side, while MJ is similar to his rebellious and carefree side.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:43 AM   #995
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Closed Thread