The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 10:53 PM   #976
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 6

Stop being so awesome, I AN LEGEND!!!

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:24 PM   #977
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by I AN LEGEND View Post
Ran into Andrew again today. He was with Charlie Cox, the actor who (most recently to my knowledge) played Owen on Boardwalk Empire, if anyone watches. Hung out with them for a bit before they left. I'm so mad, if I had gotten to the gym earlier (I totally could of, I was being super lazy), I could have played balled with him again. Andrew said he was wondering where I was
Dude...I think you've developed a bromance

Old 03-31-2013, 12:28 AM   #978
spider_shadow
Taking down the Rhinos!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Dude...I think you've developed a bromance

Last edited by spider_shadow; 03-31-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:00 AM   #979
mayo23
Side-Kick

Just watched Spider-man on TNT and realized how much action ASM lacked in comparison. Really hoping ASM2 kicks it up several notches. You know, some scenes against burglars/thugs, maybe one with Rhino and a few with Electro.

Last edited by mayo23; 03-31-2013 at 06:12 AM.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:49 AM   #980
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
Why would Goldblum have to dye his hair? Ock's always been dark haired. I don't think it's been set as only black or brown, but that's hardly a concern. Hoffman would likely have to dye his hair (if need be, I could see them just letting him be blonde for the part). Plus Ock isn't always portrayed as fat, so an actor may not have to put on weight or a fat suit.
Have you seen Goldblum as of late?

Albeit not the best pictures but his hair has grayed up since his "Jurassic Park" days. He also looks very skinny--- borderline anorexic in recent photos I've seen.

Old 03-31-2013, 06:51 AM   #981
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

But you're right... Jeff could always put on a few pounds or on a fat suit, or just bulk up a bit. I guess I've always seen him as more of a Jonathan Crane-type.

Old 03-31-2013, 07:04 AM   #982
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayo23 View Post
Just watched Spider-man on TNT and realized how much action ASM lacked in comparison. Really hoping ASM2 kicks it up several notches. You know, some scenes against burglars/thugs, maybe one with Rhino and a few with Electro.
yeah i agree. seeing as he is spider-man from the get go that should hopefully mean more action.

action scenes need to last longer than a minute or two as well.

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 03-31-2013, 08:53 AM   #983
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayo23 View Post
SM1 had really great action,and most of it was practical in comparison to the other 3 spider-man movies

Old 03-31-2013, 11:17 AM   #984
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

I was thinking just now about how Webb will introduce Electro. Do we know if his body visits the morgue or what happens to him after his electrocution? I'd like to see something similar to the origin of Dr. Manhattan in "Watchmen" or Flint Marko in "SM3."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGbUcqCXe14

We watch him disintegrate and then later reassemble himself bit by bit.

Old 03-31-2013, 12:43 PM   #985
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaTurtleFan View Post
I was thinking just now about how Webb will introduce Electro. Do we know if his body visits the morgue or what happens to him after his electrocution? I'd like to see something similar to the origin of Dr. Manhattan in "Watchmen" or Flint Marko in "SM3."

As long as we don't see him running around naked for 2+ hours, I'm alright with that idea.

Old 03-31-2013, 12:51 PM   #986
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

Quote:
Ran into Andrew again today. He was with Charlie Cox, the actor who (most recently to my knowledge) played Owen on Boardwalk Empire, if anyone watches. Hung out with them for a bit before they left. I'm so mad, if I had gotten to the gym earlier (I totally could of, I was being super lazy), I could have played balled with him again. Andrew said he was wondering where I was
Ugh, I know those feels

Old 03-31-2013, 12:52 PM   #987
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaTurtleFan View Post

With webbs grounded franchise i don't think we will get sandman or someone being disintegrated and returning, after all you can explain gene splicing and exaggerated special gadgets, exaggerated armor or exaggerated robotics alot better then someone bones and organs being disintegrated and him coming back alive as sand or electricity

i think you would have to believe these villians bodies could actually adapt to whats happened to them, and i think if someone turned to sand they would be dead

i can't see it fitting in webbs franchise very well

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 03-31-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:09 PM   #988
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderdevil View Post
SM1 had really great action,and most of it was practical in comparison to the other 3 spider-man movies
To this day I still absolutely adore the scene when Spidey takes down the thugs robbing the armored car.

Old 03-31-2013, 03:06 PM   #989
Hurm...
GreenGoblin1964(2006)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
With webbs grounded franchise i don't think we will get sandman or someone being disintegrated and returning, after all you can explain gene splicing and exaggerated special gadgets, exaggerated armor or exaggerated robotics alot better then someone bones and organs being disintegrated and him coming back alive as sand or electricity

i think you would have to believe these villians bodies could actually adapt to whats happened to them, and i think if someone turned to sand they would be dead

i can't see it fitting in webbs franchise very well
Webb's films aren't any more grounded than Raimi's franchise. We got a talking Lizard who wants to turn NYC into Lizards in the first film. Therefore, it's no less likely that Electro can disintegrate and come back alive as electricity. I don't see your logic here.

BRRRRRRMMMMMMM

Old 03-31-2013, 03:17 PM   #990
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurm... View Post
Webb's films aren't any more grounded than Raimi's franchise. We got a talking Lizard who wants to turn NYC into Lizards in the first film. Therefore, it's no less likely that Electro can disintegrate and come back alive as electricity. I don't see your logic here.
I'm actually very interested in seeing how they're going to handle Electro getting his powers. It was my understanding that this universe was meant to be a little more grounded/real world than Raimi's, but in the very first film, a giant lizard man was running around New York, trying to transform everybody else into lizard people. So just how grounded is this universe, really?

Old 03-31-2013, 03:29 PM   #991
mayo23
Side-Kick

Yeah we shouldn't assume that since Webb's taking a more grounded approach that it'll be as grounded as TDK trilogy. I think most of the grounded/real aspects of ASM are meant to be in the dialogue, character interactions and physics of the world. It's supposed to be a bit more natural but the superhero aspects are still fantastical (albeit they'd probably try incorporate some kind of scientific/logical explanation).

Old 03-31-2013, 04:03 PM   #992
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

yeah but a guy turning to sand or electricity is a step below turning into a lizard and im sure i don't have to say why if you really think about it

there will be a limit to how far they will go, and if webb wanted he could skip sandman because he could tackle villians who don't need to be disintegrated to have powers

id say webb is ok to do some exaggerated science in the same way they do with iron man and the incredible hulk but anything more i dunno

Old 03-31-2013, 04:09 PM   #993
AF3619
WOOO!

Quote:
At the end of the day, it's still a comic book movie, regardless of how "grounded" it may be... They're using the term loosely, guys. Of course there are gonna be fantastical elements. It comes with the source material.
is not like they used a lizard-man in the previous movie

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-I´ll be right there"
Old 03-31-2013, 04:11 PM   #994
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
At the end of the day, it's still a comic book movie, regardless of how "grounded" it may be... They're using the term loosely, guys. Of course there are gonna be fantastical elements. It comes with the source material.
nolan changed batman from the source material and didn't go near anything that he felt wouldn't work in his films

it something doesn't fit in the directors vision it probably won't happen

Old 03-31-2013, 04:21 PM   #995
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurm... View Post
one is gene splicing which is exaggerated science for the lizard while someone turning into electricity magically... or because a machine was created to turn things into electricity and keep them alive or something

yeah i don't think i have to explain the difference

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 03-31-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:59 PM   #996
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Just because you draw an imaginary line between lizard-men and people getting electric or sand based powers doesn't mean that everyone will agree. It's all sci-fi nonsense. Webb's Spider-man can only be said to be grounded in loosest of senses.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:22 PM   #997
TH29
Side-Kick

I think Webbs approach isnt really "realistic" as much as its "real world" ASM always felt "real" as far as the world he was in, where as the raimi flicks felt very stylized and set heavy. So when it comes to the powers/villains, i dont really care much how they get them, just so long as they do.

Old 03-31-2013, 05:22 PM   #998
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Closed Thread