Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 09:59 AM   #976
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldGoblin View Post
Raimi's second attempt at using Vulture as a villain that ended up becoming a threesome of villains with Vulturess being pushed. Don't understand why Sony is keen on not really wanting to use Vulture, but, I do like this look of Electro. Forgetting about Vulturess, and Vulture/Electro would've been a nice team.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #977
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Instead of fire-based powers like in Ultimate Spider-Man, could we see The Green Goblin having both Lizard elements and electrical-based "powers"?
I doubt it; but, I am concern we "may" get ultimate Green Goblin, given how Richard's research seems to be "possibly" tied to Norman's illness. We have already seen how his research lead to the total transformation of a man into a giant humanoid Lizard. I can easily see how Norman could "possibly" use the research, with some unknown inpurity or "possibly", a created "cancer suit" that influence the final result in transforming Norman into a giant humanoid monster who appearence looks like a Goblin. BTW, that's not including what ever research mechanism that lead to the creation of a not so giant humanoid form of electricity.

So your guess of the Goblin "possibly" having elements of the Lizard/Electro could be closer to what we "may possibly" get, than you know.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:57 PM   #978
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

Old 11-16-2012, 01:11 PM   #979
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Wait, wait....so was Electro not even human for the proposed Spider-Man 4?

Old 11-16-2012, 01:15 PM   #980
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

^ it's kinda like those zany "scientific explanation" panels from the early comics (Superman can leap so high because scientifically a grasshopper does that -- he has so much strength because even an ant can lift a hundred times its own weight etc.) so we have Electro: imagine a light-bulb that walks around and destroys the city.

I'll say this again: I'd rather he has some form of electricity controlling abilities than going full-on flame-on from the start. He's Living Energy, I get it, but what does that mean for the character? What does that mean for the story? If they don't answer that and just give us a cool power to behold i'll still come back grumbling like I did with Sandman. Atleast Goblin, Ock, Venom and even Lizard had powers that corresponded with the story.

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:
(pt 1; pt 2; pt 3; pt 4; pt 5; pt 6; pt 7)

Old 11-16-2012, 01:42 PM   #981
Marvel Spider
Amazing.

That Electro concept art was for the Spider-Man 4 TOYS. Not the film.

Last edited by Marvel Spider; 11-16-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:01 PM   #982
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-2 View Post
Is it me or does ASM have the worst post credit scene out of all the comic book movies? It didn't get anyone excited, and we still debating who the guy in the shadows was. Even if they have say its Electro, or Osborn or whoever in the sequel... To me it still comes off as messy as they had no clear direction on where they wanted the sequel to go.
Well, that really just comes down to opinion. The fact that we are still debating on who the Man in the Shadows was makes it more interesting than any of the Marvel Studios post-credits scenes. I like the idea of theorizing about what happened, versus looking at thor's hammer being discovered, which requires no thought at all. It doesn't mean the movie is "messy" or that they have no clear direction... obviously, they know who that character is, and its most likely Norman Osborn.

Quote:
And I do hope they have two villains, namely Electro and Goblin, Emma Stone has been very vocal about doing the death of Gwen, and with recent rumour that Shailene Woodley will have a small role as MJ in this film compared to the third where she will be the lead alongside Garfield, I think we just might see Gwen die in this film.

As for Venom, definietly think they should introduce the symbiote in this film... I don't think they will have it bond with Peter, as they might not want to repeat that story arc yet again. So this time, they can simply have Osborn develop it. That is where Peter got his Spider powers, its also where Connors was developing his regenerating tissue cells or whatever that turned him into Lizard. So why not just have them be the ones that create the Symbiote from the same Spiders that made Spidey and combine it with a revised version of Connors "lizard" formula? Eddie Brock should be more like the earth 616 Brock, and maybe his just really broke and unlucky when he sees a ad on the net, to make easy money, by being a test subject or whatever. They test the symbiote on him, it bonds with him, and he escapes.
I think there should be only ONE main villain, but perhaps the Green Goblin could make an appearance at the end of the movie to kill Gwen, and return as the main villain of the third film in the franchise. Having more than one villain is headed for Spider-Man 3 territory.

I don't like that Venom idea at all. If they do decide to go the venom route, then Peter's father should have been developing that as a cure for Norman, alongside with Brock's father. Basically how it happened in Ultimate Spider-Man, only now with the added element of Osborn's sickness.
Quote:
Then the Venom film picks up from there. I do like Flash as Venom in the current comics but if they do it in the films it won't be as great. Flash goes from the bully, to being Peters Friend, to joining the military, become a war hero, losing both his legs, becomes a alcoholic and then becomes Venom. And that's what makes Flash as Venom alright, is the fact that he went from being such a douche to being a hero before he even got super powers, and then becoming a superhero when he was a double amputee, turning him into Venom now won't do him or venom justice.
I will agree that Venom SHOULD and MUST be Eddie Brock if they want to do the character justice. I doubt Marc Webb would want to go in that direction anyway. Flash is cool as Venom, but he also lives off the success of the original version of Venom. He is just not iconic enough to be the movie version of that villain.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"

Last edited by Picard Sisko; 11-16-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:04 PM   #983
Marvel Spider
Amazing.

EDIT: nevermind

Old 11-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #984
Spider-Aziz
HYPE! Community Does That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidermatrix53 View Post
What's the chance that we'll end up with a costume that looks like this?
If it looks good I will adore it

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldGoblin View Post
This one will work better in live action

Want to choose me as "Villain of 2014"?
Old 11-16-2012, 03:58 PM   #985
SpiderMarvelite
Banned User

Anyoneof those above are perfect

Old 11-16-2012, 04:00 PM   #986
Oscorp
Side-Kick

I really like that design for his costume! But I'd hate if Electro is just a walking light bulb.

I hope Electro gets a functional looking suit like that and not just a generic coat or something.

"it's ****ing terrible. it's twilight ********."
-Levitikuz' friend, as told to Levitikuz' friend's date, about TASM.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #987
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

The outfit looks good, I'm just not a fan of that whole living energy thing.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:58 PM   #988
Valkyrje
Monstah Lobstah

I would like Foxx's tatoos to be seen in the film, really, don't know why, but I do

Old 11-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #989
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
I really like that design for his costume! But I'd hate if Electro is just a walking light bulb.
Indeed. If he's a walking light bulb...might as well just give up right there.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:31 PM   #990
Donald Thomas
The Black ArachKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Indeed. If he's a walking light bulb...might as well just give up right there.
Aloha,
In the fifty years of Electro, Max Dillon has appeared less than 10 times. As a character his civilian identity is minimal. Foxx is about to star in a Q Tarantino movie called Django(the d is silent), he plays a bounty hunter.That will be his film appearance before ASM2. You figure, anyone who gets struck by lightning should look a little messed up-burned up even. So maybe Electro will look a little like Spawn in the movie with burnt skin.

This is how they are drawing Electro these days -without the pointy mask.Since M Dillon is a lineman for an electric company, they may make him a disgruntled employee who gets hurt on the job but does not get the compensation that was due him. That sets up his Mad at the world persona.
If Michael Keaton can play Batman, Foxx can play Electro.
Spidey rules

Old 11-16-2012, 11:50 PM   #991
Anno_Domini
Banned User

I don't see how any of your post was reply-worthy. You could have just said that without quoting me, lol.

Old 11-17-2012, 12:19 AM   #992
SpiderMarvelite
Banned User

I can tell Electro wont be a big lightning bolt, because again Webb wants that "realistic take" so he'll keep him in a normal suit, either a modern electrician suit or something rather or a jacket.

So basically to see Jamie's body instead of a big light bulb.

Old 11-17-2012, 12:35 AM   #993
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
The problem with Eddie from SM3 was that he was completely diffferent from any of his comic iterations and not at all the sympathetic character from the comics.
Sympathetic? What's so sympathetic about him? Raimi's brock & venom> the comics.

Quote:
The little A-Holes that could.
ANE's hate for TASM2 is epic.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:52 AM   #994
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

^^ lol, no

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 11-17-2012, 01:00 AM   #995
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
^^ lol, no
Oh, very much so. Why does venom hate spider-man in the comics? Because...he got exposed writing a fake news story. Alright then.

Quote:
The little A-Holes that could.
ANE's hate for TASM2 is epic.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:04 AM   #996
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I like that they expanded that in the Animated series. It wasn't just one fake news story, but every time he had some big news, Spider-Man essentially screwed him over. On multiple occasions, even when he was in the right, until he lost his job.

Old 11-17-2012, 01:58 AM   #997
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderMarvelite View Post
I can tell Electro wont be a big lightning bolt, because again Webb wants that "realistic take" so he'll keep him in a normal suit, either a modern electrician suit or something rather or a jacket.

So basically to see Jamie's body instead of a big light bulb.
^
Like how realistic a giant lizard is?

Old 11-17-2012, 02:27 AM   #998
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

I still don't think Foxx is playing Max... if he was, I think they would have announced it by now, given rumor about MJ was quickly confirm. So why drag it out if so.....

Old 11-17-2012, 02:51 AM   #999
Spider-Aziz
HYPE! Community Does That

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
Sympathetic? What's so sympathetic about him? Raimi's brock & venom> the comics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
Oh, very much so. Why does venom hate spider-man in the comics? Because...he got exposed writing a fake news story. Alright then.
And he doesn't go back at his boss, who fired Brock cause the fake Sin Eater wasn't really a secret

Want to choose me as "Villain of 2014"?
Old 11-17-2012, 02:51 AM   #1000
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Closed Thread