The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: Do you want to see the Lexosuit in the movie?
Yay 38 43.68%
Nay 49 56.32%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-20-2014, 02:31 AM   #51
Steelsheen
Head Geek of Nerdtopia

Default Re: The Lexosuit, Yay or Nay?

you know i'm a big geek of the mechanical suits man Ironman, IronBat-- you name it. so i kinda like to see what Snyder and gang can come up with, even if its just sitting behind a secured glass enclosure.

but yeah i know the Ironman fans will start screaming bloody rip off so maybe only if its really necessary? Lex has always been more of the intellectual schemer type of villain. his weapons are manipulation and deceit, he leaves the dirty sweaty smack down to his dumb henchmen.

xxxMADNESS IS LIKE GRAVITY ALL IT TAKES IS A LITTLE PU
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxS
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxH
Follow me on Twitter: All the Geekery @Steelsheen
Steelsheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 02:54 AM   #52
Boy Scout
Side-Kick

I don't particularly care for Lex being able to go blow-for-blow with Superman. A metal suit would do nothing to keep him from being liquified. He should be a primarily intellectual villain who preys on Superman's psychological vulnerabilities.

Boy Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:54 AM   #53
Verick808
Side-Kick

I vote....nay. The only power suits Lex needs are Kiton and Armani.

Verick808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:38 AM   #54
zryson
Banned User

I've loved Lex in a power-suit since the days of the first Superman comic series. So to see a new modern take on it? I'm all for it.

zryson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:54 AM   #55
dnno1
Side-Kick

I just have this feeling that Snyder in Co are following the John Byrne version of Lex Luthor who is this great untouchable busines magnate and captain of industry that does his dirty work in the background.

Old 05-20-2014, 08:42 AM   #56
lukebrodyg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnno1 View Post
I just have this feeling that Snyder in Co are following the John Byrne version of Lex Luthor who is this great untouchable busines magnate and captain of industry that does his dirty work in the background.
I do too for that reason but another...

Can anyone really see Jesse's Lex in a suit fighting Superman? Hard sell right there IMO. But I can completely see a business savy but corrupt individual.

lukebrodyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:23 AM   #57
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by green View Post
Im with you on this one. To me Lex is all about power, the more he can have the more he'll take. Once he gets to a certain point financially and politically there would be nothing left for him but to want to be super powered in some way.

People can claim they don't want him in the suit but to say it isn't part of his character is wrong because we have seen it be part of his character over and over again.
Exactly, I don't get the characterization argument at all or the stuff about it not helping Lex last long against Superman, I mean any time you have a human going toe to toe with a hero as overpowered as Superman you simply have to accept artistic license IMO.

The strongest argument here IMO is that it is very hard to imagine Eisenberg donning armor and doing fight scenes, visually he could end up looking like a kid trying on his daddy's shoes.

Old 05-20-2014, 01:01 PM   #58
Loki882
Side-Kick

I agree that the battle-suit is not at all out of character for Lex. He wants to be Superman's superior in every way. "See Superman, I have even found a way to match you physically, and I did it through my own genius and hard work, unlike you who just got lucky to land on the right planet." It's TOTALLY something that Lex would do/say. And Snyder set up the potential for the suit perfectly. General Zod's armor was lying in a LexCorp construction sight at the end of MOS. Lex gets ahold of it, reverse engineers it, makes some modifications/improvements and there you go. However, I do agree that it's not something that he'd resort to immediately or as a first option.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 01:23 PM   #59
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

I absolutely want to see it. I also love the idea of it being tied to Zod's armor, directly or indirectly. Having a Luthor that is more than just a puppet master is what I think that the character has been missing on screen.

Old 05-20-2014, 01:31 PM   #60
Blitzkrieg Bop
Fight Owens Fight

I like the suit, so I'd be pretty pleased to see it in the movie. They gave Jor-El, a scientist, a suit, a gun, and a dragon. I believe Lex Luthor will have something comparable and will be physically involved in the climax.

Old 05-20-2014, 01:36 PM   #61
Duke
Knowin Is Half The Battle

I'd like to see Lex don the suit at some point, whether it be in this movie or sequel, it's part of the character, so I don't mind at all.

H.E.
Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:30 PM   #62
Rorschach2012
I'll Cancel The Pizza

I'd like to see it

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 05:05 PM   #63
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slang View Post
I like the Lexosuit, but I don't want to see it in this movie. Especially since Batman in going to be wearing an exosuit to fight Superman from the sounds of things.
You mean Batman is RUMORED to be wearing an exo-suit.

*splat*
Bathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 05:08 PM   #64
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Mr Mustard View Post
I hate that version of Luthor...he's more interesting being a regular human being, (super smart and all) than having an armor that pretty much makes him a "super human"...same goes for Batman....no bat armor for him, no sir.
Agreed on both counts, wholeheartedly. Giving either one of them some kind of exo-suit like that cheapens the characters and what makes them unique, IMO.

*splat*
Old 05-20-2014, 05:13 PM   #65
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.P. View Post
I get some of the concerns and arguments against it, but how long are we going to allow Iron Man to act as an excuse to never do anything related to armor?

Suits of armor and cyber enhancements are a huge comic book trope that isn't really unique to any one company, although Iron Man is the most popular in the mainstream.

They should scrap the Cyborg character then if that's the case.
And there's the problem right there. At some point armored suits like this will become hugely clichéd if used too many times. Having Lex, or for that matter, Batman, wear this kind of suit will definitely encroach into cliché territory. IMO, it's hugely unoriginal. Let those characters (i.e. Iron Man and Cyborg) whose basic concept involves such tech keep their suits, Lex and Batman don't need them.

*splat*

Last edited by Bathead; 05-20-2014 at 05:17 PM.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:31 PM   #66
The Guard
Side-Kick

Yes, I want to see it, when the time is right. It's a staple of the mythos.

What's with all this "I can't buy Jessie doing this" talk? The whole point is that Lex puts on the power suit so he CAN be a threat. Eventually, when he gets desperate enough to stand toe to toe with and hurt Superman. I would imagine that's somewhere in the future, though.

Granted, the power suit was in the old BATMAN VS SUPERMAN script...

-Me
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:16 PM   #67
The Infernal
Spinning Fidgeter

I also can't see Eisenberg suiting up. However I do like the idea of an armoured up Lex. Though I don't think I'd go for a Iron Man or Hulkbuster look as shown in the pics in the original post. I'd like to see something sleeker, almost like Lex's take on an armoured batsuit.

The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:33 PM   #68
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathead View Post
Agreed on both counts, wholeheartedly. Giving either one of them some kind of exo-suit like that cheapens the characters and what makes them unique, IMO.
No it doesn't, not at all. They're still normal humans, just one's that have a powerful weapon on their side. It's no different from Batman using the gadgets on his utility belt, or Luthor building some kind of weapon to kill Superman.

Old 05-20-2014, 11:38 PM   #69
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Not creating the suits actually cheapens the characters, I mean two super smart guys wanting to take on a practically invincible alien would use all of the tech at their disposal, to not do so demeans their logic.

Old 05-20-2014, 11:42 PM   #70
jmc
away for a while

I just think there's a really good juxtaposition when it comes to Luthor not having some form of exo-suit. What I like about it is how him using his wits can frustrate Superman. It's one thing for Superman to go toe-to-toe with some alien or super powered being, but if the person challenging him is a human being who can't take him on physically it puts Superman in a position whereby he can't just use his fists to solve the problem. It's actually what makes Luthor such a great villain, the hero can't just fight him to save the day.

jmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 01:26 AM   #71
Verick808
Side-Kick

Batman's suit in DKR didn't really do anything for him. Steel is no different from flesh for Clark. As for Lex. I just never liked the power suit. Lex is the guy who let's others do the dirty work. That's why Superman has a hard time taking him down. When Lex wears that suit he's just another villian for Supes to beat down and take in. When lex stays behind the scenes he's a constant danger to Superman.

Verick808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 01:38 AM   #72
Loki882
Side-Kick

Except that the scheming also gets old after awhile. The "shadowy manipulator" can also get boring. Change things up a bit.

Old 05-21-2014, 01:39 AM   #73
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
I just think there's a really good juxtaposition when it comes to Luthor not having some form of exo-suit. What I like about it is how him using his wits can frustrate Superman. It's one thing for Superman to go toe-to-toe with some alien or super powered being, but if the person challenging him is a human being who can't take him on physically it puts Superman in a position whereby he can't just use his fists to solve the problem. It's actually what makes Luthor such a great villain, the hero can't just fight him to save the day.
No, what makes Lex a great villain is his complexity and genius. Guess what just shows his genius even more, building a battle suit that can go toe to toe with freaking Superman.

Old 05-21-2014, 01:56 AM   #74
jmc
away for a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
No, what makes Lex a great villain is his complexity and genius. Guess what just shows his genius even more, building a battle suit that can go toe to toe with freaking Superman.
IMO it diminishes the juxtaposition of Luthor against Superman. I agree his genius is what makes him a great arch nemesis, but him navigating around Superman's powers is more interesting than him trying to match his powers in a suit of armour. The beauty is with Superman and Luthor it's a mental battle, Luthor can push Superman without breaking a sweat and Superman can't do a damn thing about it, at least from a physical perspective. Their battle should be a game of chess, not an arena battle.

jmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 02:16 AM   #75
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
IMO it diminishes the juxtaposition of Luthor against Superman. I agree his genius is what makes him a great arch nemesis, but him navigating around Superman's powers is more interesting than him trying to match his powers in a suit of armour. The beauty is with Superman and Luthor it's a mental battle, Luthor can push Superman without breaking a sweat and Superman can't do a damn thing about it, at least from a physical perspective. Their battle should be a game of chess, not an arena battle.
Agreed.

InJustice is offline   Reply With Quote