The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 08:00 PM   #26
jokesonm3
Jokes For Short.

Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacit-ronin- View Post
I hope the movie ends with Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman in a restaurant.
That would be a top ending.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:02 PM   #27
Guts
My love for you

Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - -

The movie won't end with a hand shake it will end with a hug.

Without the context from the comic you would think that Superman is talking about his and Bruce's kid.

Last edited by Guts; 01-17-2016 at 08:11 PM.
Old 01-17-2016, 08:03 PM   #28
Sawyer
High King

Why stop at just a hug?

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Old 01-17-2016, 08:03 PM   #29
Forever Evil
Banned User

^ The events took such a toll on them that they all aged 20 years. Lol.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:04 PM   #30
King23DC
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekecy View Post
The marketing would've been so brilliant had they just focused on Batman/Superman. It has sold itself for years.
Totally agree. Hell, I even thought Dawn of Justice subtitle was totally unnecessary. You could've sold the film alone, ala Batman '89, on just the logo of the S inside the giant Bat. Leave the "Dawn of Justice" part as bait in the film itself for where the universe will head towards.

They didn't even need to reveal the title, Batman v Superman, until maybe just a few months before. Just tease that there is conflict. Sell the film on the two most recognizable comic book character iconography in existence (Spider-Man in close 3rd?) of just the combination of their logos. Then for trailers, and commercials, the Comic Con trailer had it down best. It should've just focused on Batman v Superman imagery.

The later reveals, or need to even feel to divuldge the reveal of WW or Doomsday is so not needed. People were going to see this movie regardless. Save those surprise universe, and mythos building cameos or elements for the film itself.

Who knows there still maybe surprises, but it feels like we've seen the essence of the movie, and all the major surprise reveals sadly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekecy
I'm convinced someone at WBs top brass is forcing these out because they're afraid just focusing on this film creates a perception of the DCEU being off to a slow start.
I could see that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekecy
The creation of the JL, bald Lex, Doomsday, Aquaman, the Trinity side-by-side, etc. Even one of those would be a humongous reveal for audiences. Aside from seeing it actually play out, I'm afraid all the tricks are out the bag now. Real shame.

Co-sign.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:11 PM   #31
rogbngp
DCEU supporter

Quote:
The marketing would've been so brilliant had they just focused on Batman/Superman. It has sold itself for years. So many details we now know weren't even made aware to us until they themselves put it out there. I'm convinced someone at WBs top brass is forcing these out because they're afraid just focusing on this film creates a perception of the DCEU being off to a slow start.

The creation of the JL, bald Lex, Doomsday, Aquaman, the Trinity side-by-side, etc. Even one of those would be a humongous reveal for audiences. Aside from seeing it actually play out, I'm afraid all the tricks are out the bag now. Real shame.
Kind of depends on the film, though doesn't it? If it is a truly great film that focuses squarely on Batman fighting Superman (and there is every reason to believe it will; and Charles Roven says it definitely will), but also introduces WW and features some minor cameos for the JL (I'm hoping also for the rumored Watchmen style montage during the end credits)... Then what's the harm in including Wondy? And Lex, for that matter? This movie is also about formation of the JL's core trinity. What I repeatedly see reported on these boards is that during TFA there was vocal excitement (gasps, oohs and ahs) at the sight of Wonder Woman. And for all we know Gal and Jesse will steal the show. If they both slay their performances that will factor into word of mouth for the film.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:12 PM   #32
MrMaooz
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Why stop at just a hug?
The movie has a sensuality rating. Who knows where it'll go?

Old 01-17-2016, 08:14 PM   #33
jokesonm3
Jokes For Short.

Everytime Wonder Woman is used in this films marketing promotions the buzz increases exponentially.

People want more Wonder Woman and there is no denying that.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:22 PM   #34
BatmanVSuperman
Gothopolis

The only way this movie might blow is if....<br><br>

"Superman Returns: I'm in awe of it. I watch it every now and then just to make sure I didn't dream up some of it while I was passed out drunk." Rocketman
Old 01-17-2016, 08:23 PM   #35
Jekecy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogbngp View Post
Kind of depends on the film, though doesn't it? If it is a truly great film that focuses squarely on Batman fighting Superman (and there is every reason to believe it will; and Charles Roven says it definitely will), but also introduces WW and features some minor cameos for the JL (I'm hoping also for the rumored Watchmen style montage during the end credits)... Then what's the harm in including Wondy? And Lex, for that matter? This movie is also about formation of the JL's core trinity. What I repeatedly see reported on these boards is that during TFA there was vocal excitement (gasps, oohs and ahs) at the sight of Wonder Woman. And for all we know Gal and Jesse will steal the show. If they both slay their performances that will factor into word of mouth for the film.
I never mentioned Diana or Lex as spoiled reveals. I'm mostly fine with their inclusion in the marketing. It's everything else I noted. They don't really add to the appeal of this film, at least for the general public. Those surprises would have been earned as the film went along.

Just not a fan of being shown what to expect going in. Again, the BvS concept alone could've been the entire focus of this campaign from start to finish and it wouldn't have hurt this film's performance. It feels like the pressure of the DCEU is getting to them, so they're already pre-hyping you for things which should be crowd pleasers.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:23 PM   #36
Flint Marko
Side-Kick

When I saw Star Wars the crowd went nuts when Wonder Woman showed up at the end of the trailer.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:26 PM   #37
Clark-Kent
I don't need glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanVSuperman View Post
The only way this movie might blow is if....<br><br>

LOL Come on Snyder, deliver us some freeze/arctic breath

Old 01-17-2016, 08:27 PM   #38
Guts
My love for you

Now we just need Bruce to wear some glasses.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:29 PM   #39
batmanao23
WB ain't messin'

Quote:

Now we just need Bruce to wear some glasses.
Done.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I know it's Ben in a different movie but still.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:30 PM   #40
egg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanVSuperman View Post
The only way this movie might blow is if....
wait. what? snyder might do freeze breath hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngh

Old 01-17-2016, 08:33 PM   #41
Clark-Kent
I don't need glasses

That scene does line up perfectly for a moment like that actually. With all the fires showing up in BvS, that power would come in handy

Old 01-17-2016, 08:34 PM   #42
jokesonm3
Jokes For Short.

DC's full of neeerds, lawl!

Old 01-17-2016, 08:34 PM   #43
Jekecy
Side-Kick

Cavill always pulls that face when he's about to take off for flight. I remember him saying in an interview it would be weird to not show some strain when you're pulling off such a spectacular move.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:37 PM   #44
Cats
Hot-blooded Feline

Quote:
The movie won't end with a hand shake it will end with a hug.
Wonder Woman looks like a body builder here, not really a fan of the look. I'm so glad we got a lither version with Gal Gadot.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:38 PM   #45
RadioSha
Banned User

Gal is such a cutie patootie with that hat and glasses.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:39 PM   #46
egg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark-Kent View Post
That scene does line up perfectly for a moment like that actually. With all the fires showing up in BvS, that power would come in handy
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Old 01-17-2016, 08:39 PM   #47
jeevanjacobjohn
Side-Kick

Quote:
The marketing would've been so brilliant had they just focused on Batman/Superman. It has sold itself for years. So many details we now know weren't even made aware to us until they themselves put it out there. I'm convinced someone at WBs top brass is forcing these out because they're afraid just focusing on this film creates a perception of the DCEU being off to a slow start.

Perhaps.

Problem is the GA perceived notions about these characters (even now, I see folks asking how in world Batman can ever fight Supes).

Of course, the versions of these characters they are familiar with (not comic book Bats anyways) won't work in this universe. They will have to go with Comic book Bats, who can make a stand (and of course, slightly less OP Supes, which is what Snyder is going for).

Old 01-17-2016, 08:40 PM   #48
jokesonm3
Jokes For Short.

Gal would look great as a bodybuilder, Grrr.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:44 PM   #49
BatmanVSuperman
Gothopolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by egg View Post
wait. what? snyder might do freeze breath hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngh
Nah. Just a quick crude manip. I do wonder if Snyder is willing to unveil this power though. It was never shown in MOS from any Kryptonian able to do it though.

"Superman Returns: I'm in awe of it. I watch it every now and then just to make sure I didn't dream up some of it while I was passed out drunk." Rocketman
Old 01-17-2016, 08:45 PM   #50
wnjcwjkk
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadStroke View Post
Watched the movie Love and Mercy last night.

If Jesse would have passed on the Lex role I think Paul Dano would have been fantastic option for this kind of Lex Luthor.

Still happy to see what Jesse does though.
Hmm. I'm trying to picture that. I wonder how he would pull off the bald and menacing look. He was great in Prisoners and There Will Be Blood. What you think about him as The Riddler, maybe?

Closed Thread