The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Gotham

Old 07-14-2017, 09:16 PM   #551
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Default Re: The Official Gotham News and discussion thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binker View Post
I always compare and contrast Smallville with Gotham. I know I cannot be the only one. At this point, with what Bruce is doing now compared to Clark at this time, is what they're doing "right?" Or is this a case of different shows, different characters, etc.?
Which season was it that they stopped doing the 'this guy has powers from the meteor show' and threw in more heroes?

Whedon-----Guggenheim_____Kinberg
Gunn________Goyer
Reed________Snyder
2kt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 10:13 PM   #552
Binker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kt09 View Post
Which season was it that they stopped doing the 'this guy has powers from the meteor show' and threw in more heroes?
Season 4 with Impulse. Season 5 had Aquaman and Cyborg. Season 6 with Green Arrow and Martian Manhunter. Season 7 with Supergirl, and Black Canary. Season 8 with the Legion of Super Heroes (Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad) and Zatanna. Season 9 with Hawkman and the JSA (Stargirl, Dr Fate, others in cameos) and the Wonder Twins. Season 10 with Brainiac 5, Superboy, Booster Gold and Blue Beetle. If we were to include Season 11: Batman, Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick, Teen Titans (introducing Speedy, Raven, Miss Martian), Rocket Red, & John Constantine.

Defender of MAN OF STEEL. The most divisive and unfairly criticized film that happens to be Superman's best since SUPERMAN (1978).
As a Batman fan, I must say: I'm getting sick of seeing him all over the place thanks to WB.
Binker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 11:14 PM   #553
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Quote:
Season 4 with Impulse. Season 5 had Aquaman and Cyborg. Season 6 with Green Arrow and Martian Manhunter. Season 7 with Supergirl, and Black Canary. Season 8 with the Legion of Super Heroes (Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad) and Zatanna. Season 9 with Hawkman and the JSA (Stargirl, Dr Fate, others in cameos) and the Wonder Twins. Season 10 with Brainiac 5, Superboy, Booster Gold and Blue Beetle. If we were to include Season 11: Batman, Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick, Teen Titans (introducing Speedy, Raven, Miss Martian), Rocket Red, & John Constantine.
Speedy was introduced in season 9 episode 6 "Crossfire" and then episode 10 "Disciple". But one thing I appreciated about Smallville is how slow build up the universe and lore of the Smallville universe. It felt like a nice juxtaposition as Clark's world grew up and matured into a more Superman like character especially with him being more around Metropolis more as seasons went past, his world around him expanded and filled in with more DC characters and DC elements.

Like how season 9 introduced the difference between Metahuman and Meteor Freaks.

"Nazi zombies don’t wanna eat you just ‘cause they’re craving the protein. They do it ‘cause…they do it ‘cause they hate Americans, man. Talibans. They’re the Talibans of the zombie world." thanks TheNextNolan22 for reminding me how awesome Badger is
ironman29758 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 12:49 AM   #554
Sawyer
High King

Quote:
I always compare and contrast Smallville with Gotham. I know I cannot be the only one. At this point, with what Bruce is doing now compared to Clark at this time, is what they're doing "right?" Or is this a case of different shows, different characters, etc.?
They're night and day basically. Smallville could not have gone further out of it's way to delay the inevitable, no matter how absurd it was for them to do so.

"Alright, well his powers are basically fully developed..."
"Cool, so he can f--"
"He can't fly!"
"... why?"
"He-- he just can't. And no suit either."
"Okay, well, I mean, it's not like he's got a bunch of costumed heroes as friends or anything..."
"Oh no, he's got TONS!"
"... "

Just constant constant attempts to justify delaying that journey, when really, that "No Tights, No Flights" rule was fine at the off-set, but five six seven eight nine ten seasons in... Looooooooooord.

This could be perceived as a bit of a rush, if he does indeed take on the mantle of Batman in the upcoming season, but to be honest... who cares? At this point, it's fairly clear that the show is more elseworlds than straight-up prequel. Let him be Batman now, because the alternative is waiting for a moment that will last for about ten seconds right before the series finale's end credits.

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 01:34 PM   #555
Binker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
They're night and day basically. Smallville could not have gone further out of it's way to delay the inevitable, no matter how absurd it was for them to do so.

"Alright, well his powers are basically fully developed..."
"Cool, so he can f--"
"He can't fly!"
"... why?"
"He-- he just can't. And no suit either."
"Okay, well, I mean, it's not like he's got a bunch of costumed heroes as friends or anything..."
"Oh no, he's got TONS!"
"... "

Just constant constant attempts to justify delaying that journey, when really, that "No Tights, No Flights" rule was fine at the off-set, but five six seven eight nine ten seasons in... Looooooooooord.

This could be perceived as a bit of a rush, if he does indeed take on the mantle of Batman in the upcoming season, but to be honest... who cares? At this point, it's fairly clear that the show is more elseworlds than straight-up prequel. Let him be Batman now, because the alternative is waiting for a moment that will last for about ten seconds right before the series finale's end credits.
Oh yes, I REMEMBER and DREADED REMEMBERING the DELAYING of Clark becoming Superman. As well as the weird decisions they did in general; Season 9 for example: why not call Clark's heroic persona "Savior" instead of the horribly dumb "Blur"? Why have a darkly and horribly placed on "S" instead of a pure white S- Shield? Why not redesign the suit so Welling could wear it? More importantly, in Season 10: why an all red jacket when a red and blue or a full leather motorcycle suit-based outfit to be our final proto suit before the main one?

Oh man.....

As for Bruce becoming Batman in Gotham season 4, possibility; while people would want it because waiting is worse by comparison, I had wondered if a 16t-17 Bruce becoming Batman would make sense and be accepted? Sure we had a 17 year old Batman in Batman Beyond, but that was with a hi tech futuristic suit that made it plausible.

Defender of MAN OF STEEL. The most divisive and unfairly criticized film that happens to be Superman's best since SUPERMAN (1978).
As a Batman fan, I must say: I'm getting sick of seeing him all over the place thanks to WB.
Binker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 04:51 PM   #556
Ozbridge
Side-Kick

Episode 2 starts filming soon. Written by EP Danny Cannon and directed by Louis Milito, who has directed A Better Pill to Swallow and The Gentle Art of Making Enemies (the S3 winter finale episode with Bruce/ Jerome showdown)

Ozbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 06:02 PM   #557
SkullDevil
The White Portuguese

Mmm. Interesting that they blocked out the title from the ep in that pic.

Or it may be just random blurs and watermarks.

You have won many victories, rekindling hope in the hearts of those you have protected. Each sends their blessing. Each blessing, a stone to fortify this land. Your castle is strong, my son. Your allies are many. Wield what lies within, and reclaim what is yours. Break the siege of darkness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chipperson View Post
Their primal need to argue outweighs their ability to acknowledge that they're actually agreeing with each other
SkullDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 03:44 PM   #558
Wheels
Lethal Leap Year attendee
SHH! Global Moderator

Somebody would have done this in the Silver Age you'd think. I guess go nuts and have fun with this. This show is completely insane anyway, so why not?

I’ll go out and I’ll find some more of that Mulan Szechuan teriyaki dipping sauce, Morty. Because that’s what this is all about, Morty. That’s my one-armed-man. I’m not driven by avenging my dead family, Morty. That was fake! I’m driven by finding that McNugget sauce. I want that McNugget sauce, Morty. That’s my series arc. If it takes nine seasons, I want my McNugget dipping sauce — Szechuan sauce, Morty.
-- Rick Sanchez
Wheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 03:46 PM   #559
Kane52630
City Surf User

Old 07-18-2017, 05:07 PM   #560
Ozbridge
Side-Kick

Is this official poster or did you make this?

Ozbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 05:40 PM   #561
Sawyer
High King

I believe it's for SDCC.

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:05 AM   #562
Kathemy
It could happen to you

Can't help to notice how much better it looks if you ignore Jim's ugly mugshot.

Old 07-19-2017, 01:28 PM   #563
SkullDevil
The White Portuguese

Ain't that his resting face, though?

You have won many victories, rekindling hope in the hearts of those you have protected. Each sends their blessing. Each blessing, a stone to fortify this land. Your castle is strong, my son. Your allies are many. Wield what lies within, and reclaim what is yours. Break the siege of darkness.
Quote:
Their primal need to argue outweighs their ability to acknowledge that they're actually agreeing with each other
Old 07-19-2017, 01:31 PM   #564
Kane52630
City Surf User

Th Redface Re: The Official Gotham News and discussion thread - Part 4

Last edited by Kane52630; 07-19-2017 at 01:35 PM.
Kane52630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 05:09 PM   #565
Guts
My love for you

Guts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 05:17 PM   #566
Guts
My love for you

Found this on twitter.
https://twitter.com/RickCelis

Guts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 05:25 PM   #567
SkullDevil
The White Portuguese

That artwork is hnnnnnnnng.

And lol at Ben in that Comic Con pic. He's really selling the moody frown.

Quote:
Old 07-22-2017, 06:19 PM   #568
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Old 07-22-2017, 06:30 PM   #569
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

Should be a notice in the trailer that viewers should fast forward to around 4:27 for actual new footage. Curious if Charlie Tahan is returning for the role of Jonathan Crane or if Gotham is going for the recast route like with Ivy and Firefly. Granted, Crane was only in two episodes, so not like a recast would be a huge deal for viewers.

NotNickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 06:42 PM   #570
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Scarecrow looks like a beefed up version of the Nolan Scarecrow, nice reveal shot to cap off the new footage.

The season looks like it will have some dynamic formative steps for young Batman and Catwoman, and I am surprised Barbara is still around, I thought Tabitha finished her off.

Only thing missing was a good look at the Iceberg Lounge!

Old 07-22-2017, 06:56 PM   #571
SkullDevil
The White Portuguese

Good stuff. So Barbara's still alive after all?

Quote:
Old 07-22-2017, 07:10 PM   #572
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullDevil View Post
Good stuff. So Barbara's still alive after all?
Erin Richards was at Comic-Con. And usually only returning actors show up for that. So Barbara is probably alive. Actually Erin confirmed Barbara will be back.

Osiris-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 07:41 PM   #573
SkullDevil
The White Portuguese

Well yeah, I figured as such when I saw that pic a few posts back, but it was never officially confirmed until now. Not that I know of, anyway.

Quote:
Old 07-22-2017, 07:41 PM   #574
Sithborg
The new ewoks

Looks great.

Sithborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 07:44 PM   #575
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator