The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Old 07-07-2017, 05:48 PM   #676
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Default Re: The Official Nintendo Switch Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
ah, that's right. I forgot you had BOW already on Wii U.

well now you can finish it on the Switch!

but I take it the saves don't carry over from the Wii U version, so you'd have to start all over?
No, but I was going to replay it again anyway. I might grab Mario Kart 8, I haven't played that in awhile and they supposedly gave it some quality of life improvements. I need some more time before going back into BotW.

Spidey-Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 05:51 PM   #677
X Knight
Symbol of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey-Bat View Post
No, but I was going to replay it again anyway. I might grab Mario Kart 8, I haven't played that in awhile and they supposedly gave it some quality of life improvements. I need some more time before going back into BotW.
ah, that kind of sucks then.

but hope you enjoy your replay of BOTW.

and Mario Kart 8 is pretty fun, even it seems rather "simplistic" to me?

I thought there would have been more to offense/defense and powerup mechanics.

but so far I've been mainly holding down A for the entire race while occasionally using/throwing my weapon - while being unable to dodge any of the shells thrown at me.....lol.

Old 07-07-2017, 07:58 PM   #678
KillerMcQueen
Mere Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
ah, that kind of sucks then.

but hope you enjoy your replay of BOTW.

and Mario Kart 8 is pretty fun, even it seems rather "simplistic" to me?

I thought there would have been more to offense/defense and powerup mechanics.

but so far I've been mainly holding down A for the entire race while occasionally using/throwing my weapon - while being unable to dodge any of the shells thrown at me.....lol.
You can hold shells/bananas behind you by holding in the item button to block incoming shells.

KillerMcQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 07:59 PM   #679
Travesty
TEOL

I also started BOTW on my Wii U, and then found a Switch, so I started over again, and replayed it. I was about 40hrs in my first run before I restarted. I really didn't care, as I love the game.

Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 08:45 PM   #680
X Knight
Symbol of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerMcQueen View Post
You can hold shells/bananas behind you by holding in the item button to block incoming shells.
really?? thanks.

so, when I get that alert a shell is about to hit me, if I have a shell/banana in hand, then I press and hold the item button and that will block the incoming shell?

edit: I just tried it out and it works!! thanks again!!

Last edited by X Knight; 07-07-2017 at 09:44 PM.
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 03:47 PM   #681
zenith16
Side-Kick

There’s an NES emulator hidden inside the Nintendo Switch
July 7, 2017

You may not need the elusive NES Classic Edition in order to play legacy games on a current console.
Read more

also

Fatal Fury Special Is Headed To The Nintendo Switch Next Week . July 7, 2017 . 9:30am

The Nintendo Switch will soon be getting another retro fighter in the form of the ACA Neo Geo release of 1993’s Fatal Fury Special from SNK.

10 comments Read >

Quote:

The Nintendo Switch will soon be getting another retro fighter in the form of the ACA Neo Geo release of 1993’s Fatal Fury Special from SNK. Fatal Fury Special is a remix of Fatal Fury 2, featuring a handful of new characters and an added combo system. It is set to release on the Nintendo Switch next week on July 13th for $7.99 / €6.99 / £6.29.

Here’s an official overview of the game:
Fatal Fury Special is a fighting game released by SNK in 1993. Fatal Fury Special is a powered-up version of Fatal Fury 2 which brings a faster game speed, introduces combo attacks for the first time in the series, and welcomes more returning characters for a total of 15 fighters. Clear the game with specific conditions and Ryo Sakazaki from Art of Fighting will appear.

Fatal Fury Special will release for the Nintendo Switch on July 13th, 2017.

source: http://www.egmnow.com/&
Siliconera

Last edited by zenith16; 07-08-2017 at 03:52 PM.
zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 03:55 PM   #682
zenith16
Side-Kick

Falcom President Says He Wants To Bring Games To The Nintendo Switch . July 10, 2017 . 8:30am

In a new interview, Flacom president Toshihiro Kondo noted that the Switch is “completely a ‘Nintendo machine’,” and that he thinks that is a “really cool thing.”

68 comments Read >

Quote:

Nihon Falcom has been developing JRPGs for quite awhile, with their The Legend of Heroes and Ys series gaining popularity in the west. However, these titles are only available, as of now, on PlayStation and PC, though that could change in the future, as Falcom’s president Toshihiro Kondo has recently expressed his desire to bring games to the Nintendo Switch.

Speaking with DualShockers, Kondo noted that the Switch is “completely a ‘Nintendo machine’,” and that he thinks that is a “really cool thing.” Kondo went on to say the following about his desire to bring Falcom games on the console:
“Yea, if the opportunity presents itself, I would definitely like to get Falcom games on the Switch.”
In addition, Kondo’s interest in the Switch is also notable considering the last Falcom game to ever appear on a Nintendo console was 1995’s Ys V: Kefin, The Lost City of Sand.

Read more stories about Nihon Falcom & Nintendo Switch on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

Old 07-12-2017, 02:45 PM   #683
Sithborg
The new ewoks

It is really bad that I am getting tempted by some of the Gamestop bundles.

Sithborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 06:55 PM   #684
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithborg View Post
It is really bad that I am getting tempted by some of the Gamestop bundles.
I gave in one from a couple weeks ago. It was a gray console with BOTW, DLC, and the pro controller, things I was going to buy anyway. If you want everything in the bundle, go for it.

Old 07-12-2017, 11:37 PM   #685
Sithborg
The new ewoks

But, then I would have to give money to Gamestop.

Old 07-13-2017, 05:40 AM   #686
zenith16
Side-Kick

NEWS
Gamers report Nintendo Switch battery drainage issues; Possible fix Yesterday at 3:10 pm

Nintendo Switch owners are reporting an issue where their Switch's battery drains abnormally fast. The...Read more

source: http://www.gamezone.com/

Old 07-13-2017, 06:51 PM   #687
zenith16
Side-Kick

3DS, Switch
Nintendo announces SDCC 2017 plans

Published 2 hours ago. 5 comments.

Quote:
Super Mario Odyssey playable on the show floor.

Nintendo has announced its plans for San Diego Comic-Con 2017, which runs from July 20 to 23 at the San Diego Convention Center.

Get the full overview below.

For anyone in San Diego between July 20 and July 23, Nintendo has a ton of fun activities planned at Comic-Con and the nearby San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina hotel that people of all ages can enjoy. In addition to a playable version of the Super Mario Odyssey game at the San Diego Comic-Con booth, the San Diego ballroom of the Marriott Marquis & Marina will be transformed into a colorful Nintendo paradise – perfect for taking amazing photos and playing some great games starring some of Nintendo’s most recognizable characters!

Visitors to the ballroom will be able to play upcoming Nintendo Switch games like Splatoon 2 and Pokkén Tournament DX, as well as experience the first hands-on time in North America with Flip Wars (previously known as Project Mekuru), a new multiplayer action game launching exclusively in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch on Aug. 10. In the upcoming game, players flip over panels – and opponents – by stomping the ground and using power-ups to outwit the competition. Attendees can also play select Nintendo 3DS games in 2D on the New Nintendo 2DS XL system before it launches in stores later this month. Fans can also participate in competitions sponsored by Nintendo for a chance to win prizes, catch a glimpse of the upcoming Super NES Classic Edition hardware and celebrate the launch of Splatoon 2 with special game-themed activities. And all of the events in the Marriott Marquis & Marina can be enjoyed by anyone in the San Diego area!

Fans who want to show off their competitive side will have multiple opportunities to compete in an ongoing multi-game competition, the Play Nintendo Challenge, for the chance to receive cool giveaways and a chance to win a prize, while supplies last. These competitions are open to the public and will be hosted at the San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina space at various times throughout the week. Participation will be on a first-come, first-served basis**. If selected, competitors will start with an eight-player Turf War match in Splatoon 2. The winning team of four will then compete against each other in the hit fighting game ARMS. The final two players will enter the finals with a one-on-one battle in upcoming Nintendo Switch game Pokkén Tournament DX. The Play Nintendo Challenge will be open 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on July 20 and July 21, and 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on July 23.

Playable games scheduled to appear at San Diego Comic-Con and the Marriott Marquis & Marina include the following:
San Diego Convention Center – Nintendo Booth (No. 235)
  • Super Mario Odyssey (Nintendo Switch)
San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
  • Nintendo Switch
    • Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle from Ubisoft
    • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
    • 1-2-Switch
    • ARMS
    • Splatoon 2
    • Pokkén Tournament DX
    • EA SPORTS FIFA 18 from Electronic Arts
    • Super Bomberman R from Konami
    • Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers from Capcom
    • Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition from Mojang AB
  • Nintendo 3DS
    • Hey! PIKMIN
    • Miitopia
    • Pokémon Sun
    • Pokémon Moon
    • Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS
    • Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
Since Splatoon 2 launches during San Diego Comic-Con this year (July 21), fans will be able to take part in some extra-fresh Splatoon 2 activities. A Splatoon 2-themed photo booth will be set up at the Marriott Marquis & Marina to let fans take eye-catching photos with replicas of Splatoon 2weapons. Two professional Splatoon 2 cosplayers, Heidi O’Ferrall (@AtelierHeidi) and Leo Camacho (@LeoZombie), will even visit the booth at select times to celebrate the game’s launch and take photos with fans. The first 20 fans per day that show up to the Splatoon 2 photo booth in Splatoon costumes will receive game-themed gifts.

source: Gematsu

Old 07-15-2017, 11:37 PM   #688
zenith16
Side-Kick

Samurai Shodown Is Headed To The Nintendo Switch Next Week. July 13, 2017 . 8:00am

The 1993 fighter was originally released by SNK and has been released on a handful of consoles since then, including the Wii’s Virtual Console.

11 comments Read >

source:Siliconera

Old 07-18-2017, 01:34 AM   #689
zenith16
Side-Kick

BlazBlue Creator Says The Nintendo Switch Could Become A Home For Fighting Games. July 17, 2017 . 8:30am

In a recent interview, BlazBlue creator Toshimichi Mori noted that, thanks to the introduction of Arms on the Switch, he feels that “fighting games can definitely find a home” on the console.

61 comments Read >

Quote:

Since the release of the Nintendo Switch back in March, Arc System Works has released a few titles on the console’s eShop. There are also plans for a BlazBlue title to be put onto the Switch, though whether this would be a new entry in the series or a pre-existing one remains to be seen.

In regards to the Switch, Redbull recently asked BlazBlue creator Toshimichi Mori if he could provide any update to the plans involving his series and the console. While Mori could not share any new information, he did say that, thanks to the introduction of Arms, he feels that “fighting games can definitely find a home on the Switch.”

Here is Mori’s full response:
“As far as announcements go, I unfortunately can’t say much today, but what I will say is that with the introduction of fun competitive games like Arms, I do believe fighting games can definitely find a home on the Switch. Stay tuned!”

To read more from the interview with Mori, you can go here.

source:Siliconera

Old 07-18-2017, 10:29 AM   #690
Sithborg
The new ewoks

Nintendo has been making a lot of inroads into competitive e-sports. Especially in Japan. Arc System Works is aware of demand for DBFZ on the Switch by now. It would be cool if it happened.

Old 07-19-2017, 12:27 PM   #691
zenith16
Side-Kick

the app's up for splatoon and EPn.tv put up detail about the anime series for the same game as well which is in it's thread as well .

Smartphone
Switch online app now available for iOS, Android
Published 14 hours ago. 42 comments.
Quote:
App necessary to access Splatoon 2's SplatNet 2.
The online app for Switch is now available on the App Store for iOS and Google Play for Android devices.
The app will “enhance your online gameplay experience” on Switch, and allow access to game-specific services, such as SplatNet 2 for Splatoon 2, in order to invite friends to play via social media, and use voice chat while playing.
Here’s the full overview:
? About
The Nintendo Switch Online app is designed to help enhance your online gameplay experience on Nintendo Switch. With this app, you can check game-specific services (e.g., SplatNet 2 for Splatoon 2), invite friends to play with you via social media, and use voice chat while gaming.
? Do you play Splatoon 2? If so, you can make use of the dedicated SplatNet 2 service!
You can use SplatNet 2 to check all sorts of vital battle-related information, including match results, stages, and rankings!
? Inviting friends via social media
You can invite friends to play with you in supported games via social media such as Facebook and Twitter. Of course, you can easily invite your Nintendo Switch friends, too!
? Using voice chat while gaming
You can enjoy voice chat in different ways depending on the type of game you’re playing. Chat with everyone in your room or split voice chat into teams and have it out head-to-head!
*In order to use these services, a Nintendo Switch game compatible with this app is required. Splatoon 2 is compatible with this app.
Attention:
  • You can use the Nintendo Switch Online app for free until the paid subscription service launches in 2018.
  • A persistent Internet connection is required to use this app. Cellular data may be used.
  • A Nintendo Switch console, a Nintendo Account, and supported game are required.
  • You must be at least 13 years or older to use this app.
  • Your use of this app is subject to the Nintendo Account User Agreement, available at support.nintendo.com.

also with

GameStop, Target, And Best Buy Will Be Restocking On Switches This Week . July 19, 2017 . 9:30am

Those still looking to get their hands on a Nintendo Switch will have the opportunity to do so at a few retailers across the country this week.

1 comment Read >

Quote:

Those still looking to get their hands on a Nintendo Switch will have the opportunity to do so at a few retailers across the country this week. Through July 20th, GameStop will have stock available, while both Target and Best buy will be restocked with the console on Friday, the 21st, just in time for the release of Splatoon 2.

Additionally, a couple of special bundles featuring games such as Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Splatoon 2, and more will be available at GameStop. Here’s a full list of those bundles, courtesy of Polygon.
The Nintendo Switch with gray Joy-Con Multiplayer Fun Bundle, $459.99
  • Nintendo Switch with gray Joy-Con
  • Splatoon 2
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  • Switch racing wheel two-pack
  • Switch Splatoon 2 game traveler case

The Nintendo Switch with with gray Joy-Con kid-friendly Bundle, $479.99.
  • Nintendo Switch with gray Joy-Con
  • Splatoon 2
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  • Snipperclips
  • SanDisk Ultra 64GB microSD with adapter

The Nintendo Switch with Neon Joy-Con Must Have Fan Bundle, $499.99
  • Nintendo Switch with neon Joy-Con
  • Splatoon 2
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Expansion (digital)
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

source: Gematsu&
Siliconera

Last edited by zenith16; 07-19-2017 at 12:37 PM.
Old 07-19-2017, 01:11 PM   #692
zenith16
Side-Kick

Switch
Retro City Rampage DX coming to Switch on July 27
Published 4 hours ago. 11 comments.

Quote:
Nintendo eShop listing reveals port and release date.

Retro City Rampage DX is coming to Switch on July 27 for $14.99 / €14.99, a new listing for the game on the European Nintendo eShop has revealed.

Here’s an overview of the title, via the Nintendo eShop:
About
Retro City Rampage reimagines the open world crime genre like it’s 1989. Jump on civilians for coins—then steal their car and outrun the law! Explore the city and complete missions, or just go on a rampage with your weapons, power-ups, and vehicles!

This pop culture send-up includes a full Story Mode of open world adventure, plus Arcade Challenges for quick pick-up-and-play action. If that’s not enough, it also packs an interactive city full of shops, mini-games, customizations, collectibles, special guest stars, and more.
Key Features
  • 8-bit open world
  • Over 60 story missions
  • Over 40 arcade challenges
  • Over 25 weapons and power-ups
  • Over 50 vehicles to steal and equip
  • Over 200 character customizations
  • Over 2.5 hours of chiptune music
Extras
  • Includes “ROM City Rampage” Prototype Version (100-percent 8-bit hardware accurate, could’ve actually been released in 1989)
  • Includes official crossovers and mini-games with Minecraft, Super Meat Boy, BIT.TRIP, and Epic Meal Time
Thanks, @NinImpactGaming.

source:
Gematsu

Old 07-19-2017, 11:03 PM   #693
zenith16
Side-Kick

ok a lite more details on epn,tv the rundown below about the app about what Reggie said to ign

Batman: The Enemy Within Announced - The Rundown - Electric Playgroun

6 hours ago Published on 07/19/2017

Today in the Rundown, we unmask the first details on a new Batman game from Telltale Games! We also chat about the Nintendo Switch, dive into Guillermo del Toro's next movie,

get the latest on a live action Robotech movie, find out what new stuff is dropping for Titanfall 2, and finally, get the latest from the set of the troubled Han Solo movie.

source: EPN.tv

Last edited by zenith16; 07-19-2017 at 11:08 PM.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:06 PM   #694
NongEyeGong
Ol' Jack Burton

I ordered a Nintendo Switch bundle with LoZ: Breath of the Wild, ARMS and Marion Kart 8 Deluxe that should be coming in today. Pretty excited, this will be the first Nintendo console I think I've owned in years since the 3DS XL first came out

PSN inthenameofg0re
XBL mikevondoom
NongEyeGong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 04:01 PM   #695
X Knight
Symbol of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by NongEyeGong View Post
I ordered a Nintendo Switch bundle with LoZ: Breath of the Wild, ARMS and Marion Kart 8 Deluxe that should be coming in today. Pretty excited, this will be the first Nintendo console I think I've owned in years since the 3DS XL first came out
nice! welcome to the Switch club!!

Old 07-20-2017, 05:59 PM   #696
Matt Mortem
Clever User Title

Really annoying that Nintendo doesn't do late night releases like so many other game companies. Was hoping I could play a bit of Splatoon this evening.

Old 07-20-2017, 08:45 PM   #697
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

At least they've stopped doing Sunday releases for their major titles. It was frustrating pre-odering games on Amazon and not getting them until Tuesday or Wednesday when games on other platforms did same-day delivery for pre-ordering.

Old 07-21-2017, 08:46 PM   #698
spiderman2
Side-Kick

I don't normally play games online and do have the first splatoon game but never played online. I got the 2nd splatoon yesterday game came a day early from best buy. beat the first 2 worlds so far in single player.*I was just wondering what are the different online modes like?

1.Dark knight rises 2.Spider man 2 3.Batman begins 4.Dark knight 5.Cap Civil war 6.Logan 7.Spider-Man homecoming 8.Cap winter soilder 9.Amazing Spider-Man 2 10.Doctor strange 11.Xmen DOFP.12.Xmen FC. 13.Spiderman 14.WW 15. Avengers AOU 16. Avengers 17.Amazing Spider-Man 18.Iron man 3 19.Man of steel 20.Spider-Man 3

Need to rewatch about 5 to have a final list.
spiderman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:02 AM   #699
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NongEyeGong View Post
You won't regret it, especially with Odyysey coming out in a couple of months.

AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote