The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Old 07-16-2017, 04:32 PM   #626
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Default Re: F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Nah Sekulow was just talking out of his ass. The meeting took place at Trump Tower, which is Trump's home, office, and was his campaign office. Secret Service was protecting Trump Tower at the time and probably doing, at least basic security screening, on all comers and goers. Sekulow misstated the Secret Service's role (the Secret Service allowing people in the building is not the same as screening a meeting for legality or propriety), but I don't think this is a smoking gun that shows Trump was in the room or anything.
Matt, what if he was in the room? What if they find evidence, does that change they dynamic a lot?

Old 07-16-2017, 05:20 PM   #627
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Matt, what if he was in the room? What if they find evidence, does that change they dynamic a lot?
Yes. Immensely. First, it proves that Donald Trump, in his capacity as POTUS, has been openly lying to the American people regarding something that actually matters (i.e. not crowd sizes or what he heard about Obama). This is big. Moreover, it significantly evidences intent to obstruct the Russia investigation. In other words, his past actions make a lot more sense in retrospect if it comes out that he was in the room. Of course, the same can be applied to the fact that his close family members were in the room.

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 06:43 PM   #628
Matt Mortem
Clever User Title

I don't see any road in which Trump and his goons aren't royally ****ed. The only thing saving their asses is the spineless greed of the Republican Party.

Old 07-16-2017, 07:56 PM   #629
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Lee View Post
Rebuttal! http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...011d41b85aaeb5

Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 10:36 PM   #630
st barbara
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
I don't see any road in which Trump and his goons aren't royally ****ed. The only thing saving their asses is the spineless greed of the Republican Party.
Never underestimate the greed of politicians.

st barbara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 10:55 PM   #632
Kaleb
Devil of Hells Kitchen

AG Sessions, the Russian lawyer, and the money laundering case that went away

At that moment, it seemingly meant nothing that one of the lawyers in the case — representing the family of Pyotr Katsyv, the former vice governor of the Moscow region, whose son, Denis owned Prevezon — was a virtually unknown Russian named Natalia Veselnitskaya. She said in May that the favorable deal her client was offered by Trump’s Justice Department was “almost an apology from the (U.S.) government.”

Today, anyone who follows American politics knows who Veselnitskaya is: The woman whose June 9, 2016 Trump Tower meeting with Donald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner and then-Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort, as well as a former Russian counter-intelligence officer turned lobbyist, has become the biggest bombshell revelation in the quest to learn the extent of any Trump-Russia collusion in last year’s election.

Old 07-16-2017, 10:56 PM   #633
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Nothing to see here... What with all the smoke and all. Is it getting warm?

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ AVAILABLE ON ITUNES. New Episode: SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING SPOILER REVIEW DISCUSSION .
KRYPTON INC. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 11:19 PM   #634
Charlatan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb View Post

At that moment, it seemingly meant nothing that one of the lawyers in the case — representing the family of Pyotr Katsyv, the former vice governor of the Moscow region, whose son, Denis owned Prevezon — was a virtually unknown Russian named Natalia Veselnitskaya. She said in May that the favorable deal her client was offered by Trump’s Justice Department was “almost an apology from the (U.S.) government.”

Today, anyone who follows American politics knows who Veselnitskaya is: The woman whose June 9, 2016 Trump Tower meeting with Donald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner and then-Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort, as well as a former Russian counter-intelligence officer turned lobbyist, has become the biggest bombshell revelation in the quest to learn the extent of any Trump-Russia collusion in last year’s election.

yeah Sessions is on Putin's payroll too most likely.Or he has dirt on him. Manafort knew everyone that Putin wanted and where he wanted them. This Russian thing goes far beyond the Trump family.

Old 07-17-2017, 02:11 AM   #635
Raiden
Hela Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb View Post

Today I went to a bookstore, and saw a book that is written by a conservative called The Swamp, and I think the subtitle is something about how Trump is going to drain it when he's in Washington. I'm just laughing at the absurdity of this book when in fact The White House and departments like DOJ have never been more corrupted and serving those who financed them privately.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:16 AM   #636
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Nothing to see here... What with all the smoke and all. Is it getting warm?

Old 07-17-2017, 02:34 AM   #637
MagnarTheGreat
Web Ninja

Trump and his ilk that exist in the world ARE the swamp. They aren't the firefighters, they're the arsonists.

MagnarTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:43 AM   #638
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

And yet somehow these incredibly stupid and obvious charlatans and con-men are heralded as the tribunes of the common citizen for reasons that are justified by zero evidence, either before or since they were seated into power in Washington.

There has always and there will always be graft and corruption in politics. As a grown up it's a sad realization but it's the truth. Still though, even understanding the nature of politics and money in the way our government operates... Jeeeezuuuuuus... This is at a whole new level.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ AVAILABLE ON ITUNES. New Episode: SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING SPOILER REVIEW DISCUSSION .
KRYPTON INC. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:50 AM   #639
Charlatan
Side-Kick

more info on the guy she said was "just a friend"

Old 07-17-2017, 05:38 AM   #640
Orba
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
Trump and his ilk that exist in the world ARE the swamp. They aren't the firefighters, they're the arsonists.
Maybe they are just fans of Ray Bradbury and Truffaut

Orba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 06:23 AM   #641
Fading
>:(

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
And yet somehow these incredibly stupid and obvious charlatans and con-men are heralded as the tribunes of the common citizen for reasons that are justified by zero evidence, either before or since they were seated into power in Washington.

There has always and there will always be graft and corruption in politics. As a grown up it's a sad realization but it's the truth. Still though, even understanding the nature of politics and money in the way our government operates... Jeeeezuuuuuus... This is at a whole new level.
I think the schism in between the different camps is just widening. 3 new polls from 3 bigger news sources, one being WP. All have Trump under 40% approval rating (39, 38, and 36 respectively). We're talking lower than second term Bush at the same period in time. Republicans still think highly of him, but 65-68% of all independents (depending on the poll), and 87% of democrats dissaprove. That speaks volumes to where Trumps popularity really is.

I forced myself to watch Fox News for a bit this weekend. Just to see where they were while everyone else was talking emails. Besides Shepard Smith, they were basically attacking other news networks for still talking Russia. They brought on 10 "regular" mom's. They were all, but 1, saying the Russia story is "boring", and that its liberal bias to keep Trump from accomplishing anything.

Sometimes it feels Trump is more popular than he is because his supporters are so vocal, and you have a major network in Fox pushing that narrative. That it's " boring", and everyones unjustly ganging up on Trump. Then poll after poll comes out showing, no, he's still historically unpopular. Even if people get Russia fatigue, Trump's still not trusted. He just has some very loud supporters, making it seem like more support than it is. Take republicans out of it, and he only has roughly 13% democrat, and 32% independent approval.

Old 07-17-2017, 06:34 AM   #642
Fading
>:(

I'm curious why Trump isn't mentioning Mosul. He likes to take credit, and look tough. Working with Iraqi troops, we just took an entire town back from Isis. Isis was doing some terrible things there. At most I guess it could be because of collateral damage (Mosul is in bad shape). However Trump could always spin that. You'd think he'd be chomping at the bit to say he crushed Isis to divert attention from Russia.

Old 07-17-2017, 07:57 AM   #643
Orba
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fading View Post
I'm curious why Trump isn't mentioning Mosul. He likes to take credit, and look tough. Working with Iraqi troops, we just took an entire town back from Isis. Isis was doing some terrible things there. At most I guess it could be because of collateral damage (Mosul is in bad shape). However Trump could always spin that. You'd think he'd be chomping at the bit to say he crushed Isis to divert attention from Russia.
Wasn't there something about 45 being unhappy with it because it was the strategy that Obama had put in place and the military were trying to find a way to spin things to make the Tangarine Toddler happier with it?

Orba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:46 AM   #644
Sithborg
The new ewoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fading View Post
I think the schism in between the different camps is just widening. 3 new polls from 3 bigger news sources, one being WP. All have Trump under 40% approval rating (39, 38, and 36 respectively). We're talking lower than second term Bush at the same period in time. Republicans still think highly of him, but 65-68% of all independents (depending on the poll), and 87% of democrats dissaprove. That speaks volumes to where Trumps popularity really is.

I forced myself to watch Fox News for a bit this weekend. Just to see where they were while everyone else was talking emails. Besides Shepard Smith, they were basically attacking other news networks for still talking Russia. They brought on 10 "regular" mom's. They were all, but 1, saying the Russia story is "boring", and that its liberal bias to keep Trump from accomplishing anything.

Sometimes it feels Trump is more popular than he is because his supporters are so vocal, and you have a major network in Fox pushing that narrative. That it's " boring", and everyones unjustly ganging up on Trump. Then poll after poll comes out showing, no, he's still historically unpopular. Even if people get Russia fatigue, Trump's still not trusted. He just has some very loud supporters, making it seem like more support than it is. Take republicans out of it, and he only has roughly 13% democrat, and 32% independent approval.
I saw a graphic from Fox that had Obamacare much more popular than the BCRA. So, there are limits to how much Fox can skew reality. Fox is already feeling the pain for ignoring the big stories on Russia.

Sithborg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 10:36 AM   #645
samsnee
Side-Kick

Trump Reportedly Told Theresa May to ‘Fix’ a Warm Reception or He Won’t Visit the UK

Quote:
The transcript, according to The Sun, was seen by senior diplomats and went like this:

Trump: “I haven’t had great coverage out there lately, Theresa.”

May: “Well, you know what the British press are like.”

Trump: “I still want to come, but I’m in no rush. So, if you can fix it for me, it would make things a lot easier. When I know I’m going to get a better reception, I’ll come and not before.”
Aren't they always the one complaining about how liberals need their safe spaces?

samsnee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 10:56 AM   #646
Sithborg
The new ewoks

I wonder if "Made in America Week" will be as successful as "Infrastructure Week". And what other bombshells will hit this week.

Sithborg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:01 AM   #647
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Actually the new warped narrative is the liberals are violent anarchists trying create a new Civil War in America cause they're so against Trump.

Old 07-17-2017, 11:14 AM   #648
BrollySupersj
just saiyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Actually the new warped narrative is the liberals are violent anarchists trying create a new Civil War in America cause they're so against Trump.
Soooooo.....what were the people that photoshopped Obama as a chimpanzee, and hung dolls of him from poles? Heroes?

Last edited by BrollySupersj; 07-17-2017 at 11:40 AM.
BrollySupersj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:21 AM   #649
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Yep. They were just expressing their civil rights against a liberal tyrant.

Old 07-17-2017, 03:05 PM   #650
Charlatan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
anyone that says that needs to watch that video with Alex Jones.
if anyone is dehumanizing the enemy talking about liberals like the Nazis talked about Jews in the 30's and 40's