The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Batman

Old 07-09-2018, 09:30 PM   #476
Vaibow
Side-Kick

Default Re: Matt Reeves To Direct The Upcoming Batman Solo - Part 2

Imagine if they gave us confirmation, titles of standalone movies 'The Batman', 'MOS2' 'Green lantern corps'

added to decent trailers for Shazam, Aquaman

and something cool from WW1984, Birds of prey.

They just need to keep looking forward now.

Vaibow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 09:57 PM   #477
Chip Chipperson
None of this matters.

That would honestly be all I could hope for at SDCC

Chip Chipperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 01:54 AM   #478
RomanticPenguin
Superman loves ya

i really hope we get an update on batman, been a year since apes dropped....

RomanticPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 02:57 AM   #479
ArmsHeldOut
Peaky Blinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaibow View Post
Imagine if they gave us confirmation, titles of standalone movies 'The Batman', 'MOS2' 'Green lantern corps'

added to decent trailers for Shazam, Aquaman

and something cool from WW1984, Birds of prey.

They just need to keep looking forward now.
I admire your optimism, but WB/DC would never be this good to their fans.

- Christopher J. Cornell
ArmsHeldOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 06:57 PM   #480
Greenlite
is a real person

Can announce something for Joaquin's Joker project, like a title or release date, with Joaquin ans Scorsese's name on the big screen, that'd be hnnnngh

Greenlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 11:32 PM   #481
Vaibow
Side-Kick

I'm confused tho, with this new joker solo movie, are we going to basically get a separate batman universe with Matt Reeves and i guess over with the DCEU they will go the batman beyond route or just ignore batman and focus on other characters?

I can't see why they will put out competing stories - it be like Marvel putting out other Thor movies, unless they plan to phase this universe out and focus on Reeves.

They could have Joker and Solo Batman out by 2020 which by then WW would have had 2 movies, cameo's in others, similar/same for Superman, AM and Shazam.

They could then push out a sequel to the Batman and involve the joker. Then after that reboot everyone else to fit into that universe.

Old 07-12-2018, 02:25 PM   #482
m1ll3r
Failed experiment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaibow View Post
I'm confused tho, with this new joker solo movie, are we going to basically get a separate batman universe with Matt Reeves and i guess over with the DCEU they will go the batman beyond route or just ignore batman and focus on other characters?

I can't see why they will put out competing stories - it be like Marvel putting out other Thor movies, unless they plan to phase this universe out and focus on Reeves.

They could have Joker and Solo Batman out by 2020 which by then WW would have had 2 movies, cameo's in others, similar/same for Superman, AM and Shazam.

They could then push out a sequel to the Batman and involve the joker. Then after that reboot everyone else to fit into that universe.
I personally think they’re slowly but deliberately killing the existing DCEU off as much as they can. Otherwise they wouldn’t even consider projects like this, set in another continuity.

Look for The Batman to not be in the DCEU either. I still don’t think Shazam is going to be as well. WW will, but no more mention will be made of previous storylines. The same goes for Aquaman.

2018 movies: Black Panther - 7.5/10, The Cloverfield Paradox - 2/10, Get Out - 9/10, Ready Player One - 7/10, Annihilation - 7.5/10, Avengers Infinity War - 8.5/10, Deadpool 2 - 8.5/10, Solo - 6/10, A Quiet Place - 8/10, Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom - 5/10, Mission Impossible: Fallout - 9/10
m1ll3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 07:22 PM   #483
Vaibow
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1ll3r View Post
I personally think they’re slowly but deliberately killing the existing DCEU off as much as they can. Otherwise they wouldn’t even consider projects like this, set in another continuity.

Look for The Batman to not be in the DCEU either. I still don’t think Shazam is going to be as well. WW will, but no more mention will be made of previous storylines. The same goes for Aquaman.
Agree - they will use this 'continuity' with WW, maybe finish her arc off with a second sequel set in early 00's - especially if ww1984 again succeeds. It's all about $$.

AM can get a sequel if the first makes bank in a big way, can be fast tracked and with shazam, that will be the same, however i can't see them using Dwayne Johnson only once if they plan to phase out that universe.

This is how i see it: Bold is what we know, tilt is in works

DCUE DC rebirth (as an example)

2018:
AquaMan
2019:
Shazam, WW1984
2020:
Birds of prey The Joker Origins
AquaMan 2 The Batman
2021:
WW2000 Black Adam featuring New Superman
2022 Batman 2
Superman: Man of tomorrow
Flash

At this point - age kicks in

In 2022 Affleck 50, Cavill 40, Dwayne Johnson 51 (but looks still to be box office gold) Gal Gadot 38

Where as the new Batman could be 25-35, same for Superman - but you have to feel sorry for Cavill as he to me could do it til he is 50 and Gal too but t move forward it needs to be fresh plus the dcue will be nearly 10 years old with no real history besides mix and mash and the only real hits, at this point, WW.

Again this is just my thoughts of what the execs will do based on their recent decisions of 'else world' type movies.

Last edited by Vaibow; 07-12-2018 at 07:44 PM.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:13 PM   #484
FeedOnATreeFrog
(A Metal Gear reference)

Quote:

Good. Keep doing what works, but start fresh with what doesn’t.

For instance, Im very curious to see if the Flash film will have Ezra Miller (or if they’ll even go forward with a Flash film).

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:37 PM   #485
Rorschach2012
I'll Cancel the Pizzas

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
Good. Keep doing what works, but start fresh with what doesn’t.

For instance, Im very curious to see if the Flash film will have Ezra Miller (or if they’ll even go forward with a Flash film).
I still can’t decide if Jared Leto’s Joker or Ezra Miller’s Flash is the worst casting of the DCEU. At least Eisenberg would’ve made sense if they went with a Birthright Lex

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:28 PM   #486
Vaibow
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
I still can’t decide if Jared Leto’s Joker or Ezra Miller’s Flash is the worst casting of the DCEU. At least Eisenberg would’ve made sense if they went with a Birthright Lex
If Jared's joker was indeed a previous robin, then... we have some room to play with - but why not state it and give us hope of a definitive joker out there.

I think leto could have been a great joker, if they didn't go with the decisions they went with.

Ezra miller as flash - ridiculous - jimmy olsen, fantastic.

I feel at times the DCEU can be saved, then i think no... it should't be that way, at all. To think we have had MOS, BvS, SS, WW and JL and the only character still clear from any negativity is WW.

Old 07-13-2018, 01:45 AM   #487
dhandler01
This world will fall!

Quote:

They have already said many times that Shazam takes place in the DCEU. (as will Black Adam according to The Rock) The DCEU isnt dying they are just going to shift away from what didnt work.

If the DCEU was dying why would Cavill be going to Comic Con at the WB panel?

The rumor mill of these movies has been quite something to behold. I tried to learn to tune it out but the one thing I want to say to readers because it truly was stunning to me to watch is you truly can’t believe how absolutely false certain things are until you’re on the inside of one these things. You’re like there’s not even kind of where there’s smoke, there’s fire. There is absolutely lies.”
dhandler01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:43 AM   #488
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Nothing worked about the DCEU...so...

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:49 AM   #489
Astro13Zombie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Nothing worked about the DCEU...so...
Why are you like this?

Astro13Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:58 AM   #490
Vaibow
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhandler01 View Post
They have already said many times that Shazam takes place in the DCEU. (as will Black Adam according to The Rock) The DCEU isnt dying they are just going to shift away from what didnt work.

They want to use what worked and play on it.

Cavill will be hot off MI:F and his superman hasn't done too badly - add him tot he mix, WW1984, AM, Shazam, there is money to be made.

It's like i pointed out, the current DCEU has three films rolling out - AM, Shazam and WW1984. With the prospect of BOP and sequels to shazam, am and WW - heck i wouldn't be surprised if they used Cavill for a MOS2 - these all come out before/during 2020 - that's not high risk at all and should make money.

In the mean time, Batman is the focal point of the reboot with a 2020 release and kick starts a new universe - by this stage people hopefully like WW still and excited for a new version, same for AM, Superman etc - makes sense. To me at least. Also, let's not forget, Marvel are due a reboot at some point - no way they will let those characters die out.

Old 07-13-2018, 01:35 PM   #491
m1ll3r
Failed experiment

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhandler01 View Post

Can you do me a favour and point me in the direction of where you’ve seen this officially stated by WB/DC? All I can find is second hand reports from all the click bait websites, and I’d like something concrete from the source. Not at all disputing you’re right, I just want it clarified properly!

2018 movies: Black Panther - 7.5/10, The Cloverfield Paradox - 2/10, Get Out - 9/10, Ready Player One - 7/10, Annihilation - 7.5/10, Avengers Infinity War - 8.5/10, Deadpool 2 - 8.5/10, Solo - 6/10, A Quiet Place - 8/10, Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom - 5/10, Mission Impossible: Fallout - 9/10
m1ll3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 12:02 AM   #492
Greenlite
is a real person

Quote:
Can you do me a favour and point me in the direction of where you’ve seen this officially stated by WB/DC? All I can find is second hand reports from all the click bait websites, and I’d like something concrete from the source. Not at all disputing you’re right, I just want it clarified properly!
Quote:
“Without giving anything away, there MIGHT be maybe a cameo or two of some of the other DC superheroes," Johnson said. "We’ll see. That’s been the beauty of Black Adam as we’ve been developing it is that we could make a movie that just stood on its own too as well, but that’s also the beauty of those universes coming together at DC.”
From The Rock

Greenlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 12:38 PM   #493
BigSams50
Knight of Ren

Even with all its faults,. i dotn think we need to get rid of the MCU all together, Affleck showed in BVS he can play a pretty damn good Batman, and Reeves' trilogy is a great way to play up the Bat Family. Give us Nightwing, with Phoenix being JOker they can o with the whole "i turned one of your robins against you" route rumors have shown, and maybe we can finally get a Robin (Drake preferably or Wayne). NO need to reboot everything or just act like it doesnt exist. Just a Nightwing fans 2 cents lol

Old 07-14-2018, 02:13 PM   #494
Vaibow
Side-Kick

I think for me, moving forward you have to forget the past - lex luthor snr can be introduced and explained easily enough - hence the reason why Clark had no idea who lex jar was and why lex jnr had daddy issues.

Mirroring kinda the joker, the real joker is locked up away in a top secret prison/facility, but not before he turned jason against gotham and got him to idolize the joker.

Ok, it's akward but once we get the intro's over with, it won't be and will be interesting to see, at least, for me.

Old 07-15-2018, 09:24 PM   #495
terry78
I don't die, fool

The end credits must include this.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 10:45 PM   #496
Vaibow
Side-Kick

u2's hold me, kiss me, thrill was amazing.
This was an amazing song - i totally loved that summer - the movie toys, marketing was something else for the kid i was..

Old 07-16-2018, 01:22 AM   #497
Aximili86
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Smashing Pumpkins in B&R was betterer, nyaaaa.

Aximili86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 03:20 AM   #498
Nardz937
Side-Kick

Kiss From A Rose FTW.

Nardz937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 02:28 PM   #499
Johnny Frost
Side-Kick

Johnny Frost is offline   Reply With Quote