The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 09:31 AM   #976
Iceman
Infinity War!

Default Re: Cinematic Civil War:MCU vs DCCU - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
The JL plot summary sounds ok.
A lot of it sounds as expected and quite interesting to read. Some very ****e bits in there though.

Old 10-20-2017, 09:32 AM   #977
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Default Re: Cinematic Civil War:MCU vs DCCU - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfBoose View Post
Black Panther looks more interesting than Ragnarok. BUT, at the same time it feels like the third remake of Iron Man. DS being the second.
But he’s already Black Panther from the start.

Old 10-20-2017, 09:33 AM   #978
Limonade
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post
Clark working at the Planet was stupid in the first place in Snyder's films. He just shows up there at the end without it ever being set up that he has a journalism degree or even a passing interest in being a reporter. He only goes to work there because he's Clark Kent and it's a part of his established character in the comics and other mediums. But in the subjective world of that film it comes out of nowhere and is really offputting, all they needed was one line in the pre tornado flashback scene with Jonathan mentioning that Clark got accepted into College for Journalism.
It's even more dumb when you realized that Clark Kent was reported as dead in the very same newspaper he worked at.

Two people coming back from the dead? Coincidence? In Snyder's world, probably. Just like how It's mere coincidence that Jimmy Olsen is a CIA operative name and having mothers whose names are Martha are somehow profound to two superheroes.

Last edited by Limonade; 10-20-2017 at 09:36 AM.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:34 AM   #979
OutOfBoose
Russian Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
But he’s already Black Panther from the start.
He still has to deal with his father's legacy.

Old 10-20-2017, 09:36 AM   #980
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

So in the JL trailer when Bruce says to Arthur "that's not what the saying is, it's the opposite of the saying", did it feel like Wayne to you?

It just seemed like Affleck playing Affleck to me. He even lost the slightly deeper voice from BvS. The body language and eyes didnt portray any sort of tortured hero.

Contrast that to Christian Bale, who never stopped for one frame embodying Wayne. That haunting sadness in his eyes was ever present. Man, I miss Bale.

Old 10-20-2017, 09:40 AM   #981
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Quote:
He has to deal with the Black Panther legacy.

Old 10-20-2017, 09:41 AM   #982
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Dr. Strange didn't though. It's interesting that you consider two movies that are so different to be repetitive of the same film.

Old 10-20-2017, 09:42 AM   #983
OutOfBoose
Russian Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
He has to deal with the Black Panther legacy.
Whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Dr. Strange didn't though. It's interesting that you consider two movies that are so different to be repetitive of the same film.
They're totally different films. Looks like my mind is messing with me. Can't be helped, I guess. I'm still not that interested in seeing Ragnarok and Black Panther.

Old 10-20-2017, 09:45 AM   #984
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Origin films are tough. Even WW a lot of folks said was similar to TFA.

Doesn't mean they still can't be good even if they use the same tropes.

Which is why I think Homecoming and Black Panther work/will work as they start off as established.

Old 10-20-2017, 09:49 AM   #985
Limonade
Side-Kick

Quote:
Whatever.They're totally different films. Looks like my mind is messing with me. Can't be helped, I guess. I'm still not that interested in seeing Ragnarok and Black Panther.
Thay's fine my dude.

I figured after all the **** DC fans went through with WB, I figure a few DC fans will withhold their funds for JL.

Hopefully you catch Ragnarok on cable, family/friend's place, Netflix or whatever... that way we can at least discuss.

Last edited by Limonade; 10-20-2017 at 09:53 AM.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:53 AM   #986
OutOfBoose
Russian Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limonade View Post
Thay's fine my dude.

I figured after all the **** DC fans went through with WB, I figure a few DC fans will withhold their funds for JL.
I thought plenty of DC fans were happy with Wonder Woman and Johns and Co are remodelling JL to those fans' demands?

Old 10-20-2017, 09:55 AM   #987
Limonade
Side-Kick

Quote:
I thought plenty of DC fans were happy with Wonder Woman and Johns and Co are remodelling JL to those fans' demands?
In general.

Not just the direction it's on now, but how things sorta feels kinda deflated a bit on the Hype for DC.

Old 10-20-2017, 09:55 AM   #988
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Whatever.They're totally different films. Looks like my mind is messing with me. Can't be helped, I guess. I'm still not that interested in seeing Ragnarok and Black Panther.
That's cool. I think there's something there, honestly, in terms of repetitiveness, and if I may be so bold, I think you're misidentifying it. There's a lot of very similar tropes with all blockbuster-type films, and with all superhero stories, and unless you go out to make a film that is specifically anti-heroic, which the DCEU does, you're going to hit a lot of those tropes, no matter how well or cleverly you use them. That's what happened to Wonder Woman, she wasn't anti-heroic and everyone saw Chris-playing-Steve-world-war-kamikazeeing and they were like "We've seen this whole movie before..."

Old 10-20-2017, 09:57 AM   #989
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Read the spoilers on JL and... it sounds good to me? Am I crazy? The visuals still look horrific, and the line deliveries in the trailer don't seem like they will help anything, but, man... I could generally enjoy this.
I'm not a professional, but I don't think you are crazy. It sounds like it should be a big improvement over BvS. I'll take a cheesy line or two from Superman over "The Bat is Dead", "No one stays good in this world" and "Saaaave Maaaartha" every day and twice on Sundays. And I'd prefer a few quips from Batman to more murderousness.

The "Assembling" seems like it may suffer in comparison to Whedon's wonderful work getting the team together in Avengers. But Aquaman's entrance sounds fantastic and I've been wanting to see
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Superman and the Flash race
on the big screen since forever. I may actually buy a ticket to see this thing.

Old 10-20-2017, 09:58 AM   #990
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

We need an official timeline.

BvS was released in March along with it's fallout. April, JL started to film. In May Johns was named cohead of DC movies?

It's never going to be reported how much Johns tried to fix while they were still filming or how much Whedon did to fix whatever was left.

Old 10-20-2017, 10:00 AM   #991
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithborg View Post
I will say, Thor looks to actually using Hemsworth's charm for once.

Unlike the competition who has a real tough time bringing out their actor's natural charm.
All of the movies have used Hemsworth's charm.

Remember when he broke his coffee mug? That was great.

Old 10-20-2017, 10:00 AM   #992
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Closed Thread