The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels

View Poll Results: Should the X-Men film franchise be rebooted?
Yes, reboot it! Doesn't matter who or how. 13 20.97%
Yes, but only if Marvel has the rights. 26 41.94%
No, Fox is doing just fine. Let them keep popping out sequels. 20 32.26%
I don't care. X-Men are X-Men. 3 4.84%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2016, 11:21 AM   #51
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Default Re: X-Men Reboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockman1216 View Post
The reason they don't put Deadpool in Logan is because well apart from Ryan Reynolds saying no
Do you know something we don't now?

Quote:
Fox is going to lose Hugh, Lawrence, McAvoy, and Fassbender, Stewart, and none of the original X-MEN are coming back.
Apart from perhaps jackman they have an option with the other 4, including stewart whose not been on contract since X2, but any decisions made by fox are not on desperation.

Quote:
Also if it wasn't for Deadpool Logan wouldn't be rated R, and x-23 is in it because of popular demand.
but what might work for deadpool might not work for wolverine, thats still what makes making wolverine 3 an R a big decision

And X-23 is likely in it because singer brought up to them about using the "female wolverine" for X-FORCE, or at least thats what he said.

Quote:
Fox clearly however made a deal with Marvel when it came to Legion, and the other unnamed X-MEN TV Show, so I don' see why a Sony type deal over all Fox properties is out of the question especially since they have absolutely no reason, to keep this continuity.
Yeah fox made a deal with marvel about legion but thats because they couldn't make a tv show without doing it.

It also asks the question of where is it set? MCU? FOXverse? neither? it has been said Xaviers wheelchair is in the first episode *shrug*

J.J. Abrams “We are standing on the shoulders of Episodes I through VI.”

(Manage Your Expectations.)
GuestStar2004 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 11:43 AM   #52
Zarex
Side-Kick

Marvel and FOX makin' deals

http://theplaylist.net/ryan-reynolds...ns-2-20161114/

Zarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 11:51 AM   #53
ehh
iono

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
Since TASM2 didn't seem like it fit in the MCU you can kinda guess the idea wasn't there at that time of making the movie and i remember they apparently ignored feiges feedback also
By TASM2 it was pretty much known that this version of Spider-Man would never be in the MCU.
Quote:
Ain't that why we ain't getting another solo hulk movie?
Yes and no.

http://www.looper.com/26699/marvel-w...ve-hulk-movie/

ehh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 12:15 PM   #54
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
Only one mention of a deal i can see there.

So am i right in thinking FOX owned ego the living planet? and they swapped to be able to change NTW powers?

Old 11-14-2016, 12:23 PM   #55
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Only one mention of a deal i can see there.

So am i right in thinking FOX owned ego the living planet? and they swapped to be able to change NTW powers?
That seems right. FOX held the live action rights to Ego as part of the FF licensing agreement and sent him over to Marvel Studios in order to merge Negasonic with Cannonball.

Old 11-14-2016, 02:53 PM   #56
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

I really hope this is happening and not just some crazy rumor.

If any franchise needs a huge reboot it's the X-men.

Bring in new directors and producers.

Would love to see Guillermo DelToro or Alfonso Cuaron take over this franchise.

Illuminata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 03:05 PM   #57
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminata View Post
I really hope this is happening and not just some crazy rumor.
Given which article it came from... yeah it pretty much is a crazy rumor

Old 11-14-2016, 08:53 PM   #58
anthony1111
Side-Kick

So essentially it's not a reboot but a sequel taking place after Apocalypse (foundation was already laid for Pheonix) with a new director. I don't quite understand the reboot aspect of it all.

It just seems like a sequel under new direction especially as they're also keeping the same writer. I have kid of had enough of Mystique and Magneto I feel like they should probably make the bad guys a new line up of Hellfire club members if they do the Dark Pheonix story introductioning the Shi'ar could be good too if they wanna go in a new direction.

anthony1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 11:48 AM   #59
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Reboot it now if they aren't putting the X-Men in the present.

They are wasting their effort trying to box the X-Men into the past setting when that idea slready backfired at the box office twice.

Old 11-15-2016, 09:49 PM   #60
x-er
Side-Kick

Definitely enough prequels.

x-er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 09:50 PM   #61
x-er
Side-Kick

If they mean to hold on to the current cast, there's All New X-Men. Could throw in Cable into the mix. The possibilities are pretty much endless.

x-er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 10:44 PM   #62
ehh
iono

Each film now takes place in a different decade but these characters don't seem to age. Nothing makes sense...

This franchise needs a hard reboot. Start with a fresh slate and remove the baggage of this whole continuity. And, IDK, maybe get Cyclops right for once.

ehh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 02:34 AM   #63
dax
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Reboot it now if they aren't putting the X-Men in the present.

They are wasting their effort trying to box the X-Men into the past setting when that idea slready backfired at the box office twice.
If FOX is doing another X-men trilogy, then they are eventually pushing this series towards our present timeline. We know the 1st film is set in the 90's which means the 2nd film will be in the 2000's (right back to where the original trilogy started) and the 3rd film will be in 2010's putting us closer to the Days of Future Past ending.

dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 03:55 AM   #64
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Quote:
Originally Posted by dax View Post
If FOX is doing another X-men trilogy, then they are eventually pushing this series towards our present timeline. We know the 1st film is set in the 90's which means the 2nd film will be in the 2000's (right back to where the original trilogy started) and the 3rd film will be in 2010's putting us closer to the Days of Future Past ending.
By the time we cap this trilogy, it will already be mid 2020s.

Whedon-----Guggenheim_____Kinberg
Gunn________Goyer
Reed________Snyder
2kt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 04:37 AM   #65
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dax View Post
They don't seem being getting enough $$$ for these prequels and people are tuning out. And the original cast are not immortal for Fox to disregard them for another movie when we know the movies they appeared in were more successful.

They could easily tell these stories in the present just like Deadpool and the rest of the MCU. Prequels after prequels is overkill now.

Old 11-16-2016, 09:36 AM   #66
ehh
iono

Eventually the continuity is going to get so bad that we'll see a young Charles Xavier and Magneto in their 30's hanging out at a hipster coffee shop in NYC in the year 2016.

Old 11-16-2016, 09:47 AM   #67
-JKR-
Side-Kick

It would be smart to just have Deadpool and New Mutants as a springboard for a new X-Men reboot.

Recast Xavier for Josh Olson's New Mutants movie, maybe feature Colossus and Negasonic Teenage Warhead from Deadpool and it's done - there you have your new X-Men universe. You can later focus on the adult X-Men in another movie.

And of course you've got the X-Force in the Deadpool movies.

Have the New Mutants / X-Men franchise be Fox's family friendly PG-13 output, with the X-Force being gritty R-rated, balls to the walls 1980s throwback hard sci-fi action movies.

-JKR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 10:57 AM   #68
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JKR- View Post
It would be smart to just have Deadpool and New Mutants as a springboard for a new X-Men reboot.

Recast Xavier for Josh Olson's New Mutants movie, maybe feature Colossus and Negasonic Teenage Warhead from Deadpool and it's done - there you have your new X-Men universe. You can later focus on the adult X-Men in another movie.

And of course you've got the X-Force in the Deadpool movies.

Have the New Mutants / X-Men franchise be Fox's family friendly PG-13 output, with the X-Force being gritty R-rated, balls to the walls 1980s throwback hard sci-fi action movies.
Instead of recasting Xavier, why not put Kelsey Grammar's Beast in the headmaster role? He makes a great Hank and it would tie the pseudo reboot to the original trilogy. I'd much prefer that than a third Prof X.

Other than that, a present day X-Verse built around X-Force and New Mutants teams with a few members of the OT cast seems like the correct play here.

Old 11-16-2016, 12:51 PM   #69
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
They could easily tell these stories in the present just like Deadpool and the rest of the MCU. Prequels after prequels is overkill now.
Won't any film set pre-logan be a prequel now though?

Did i just blow your mind?

Or is it that if its present day it doesn't count as a prequel? technically Deadpool 2 could be a prequel to logan.

Obsessing over present day nonsense is just so pointless.

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 11-16-2016 at 01:10 PM.
Old 11-16-2016, 01:02 PM   #70
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
They don't seem being getting enough $$$ for these prequels and people are tuning out. And the original cast are not immortal for Fox to disregard them for another movie when we know the movies they appeared in were more successful.
Heck X-Men origins actually had a better opening weekend than The wolverine, one is a prequel and the other wasn't, yes the one that made more was a prequel, apparently less americans were interested to see hugh jackman in modern day japan then they were X-Men First class with a brand new cast in the 60s setting.

its not about it being a prequel.

Old 11-16-2016, 01:05 PM   #71
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Instead of recasting Xavier, why not put Kelsey Grammar's Beast in the headmaster role? He makes a great Hank and it would tie the pseudo reboot to the original trilogy. I'd much prefer that than a third Prof X.
Why on earth would you recast Xavier but keep Grammar?

I don't think Patrick would say no if he was asked to come back so you can't have it both ways.

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 11-16-2016 at 01:44 PM.
Old 11-16-2016, 01:32 PM   #72
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Why on earth would you recast Xavier but keep grammar?

I don't think Patrick would say no if he was asked to come back so you can't have it both ways.
I would replace Stewart with Grammar. It makes sense to have a new headmaster for the New Mutants crew.

Old 11-16-2016, 02:26 PM   #73
Zant
Side-Kick

Quote:
Heck X-Men origins actually had a better opening weekend than The wolverine, one is a prequel and the other wasn't, yes the one that made more was a prequel, apparently less americans were interested to see hugh jackman in modern day japan then they were X-Men First class with a brand new cast in the 60s setting.

its not about it being a prequel.
I keep forgetting that Origins was suppose to set in the 70s? Its did not seem that way. I think moving forward they should downplay the time period. The 90s can feel very modern day. With more modern hair and fashion. Maybe add just a few 90s references that can't be ignored.

I like that the original trilogy was set in the not too distant future. No need for forced time period references with that setting.

Zant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 05:32 PM   #74
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Other than that, a present day X-Verse built around X-Force and New Mutants teams with a few members of the OT cast seems like the correct play here.
Which would pretty much be an X-Verse with no legit X-Men team movies. Definitely sounds like the least viable option. It's either they stick with young cast or reboot completely and attach to Deadpool/X-Force/NM. Sprinkling cameos from the OT throughout wouldn't do any good.

magneto23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 05:56 PM   #75
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

I don't need to see Negasonic ever again... LOL

EnDz0n3 is online now   Reply With Quote