The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Flash

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 01:40 PM   #101
Sawyer
High King

Default Re: The Iris West/Candice Patton Thread

As if that's going to even last the season.

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Old 06-19-2014, 11:37 PM   #102
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Yeah, I think as soon as Iris comes around to Barry, Barry's going to be with Mary Jane Patty Spivot or Killer Frost.

Old 06-20-2014, 05:01 AM   #103
Crimz
Side-Kick

No wonder he is still hung up on Iris even after meeting Felicity, just look at her!
If they make her a great character too then it's no contest.

Old 06-22-2014, 08:33 PM   #104
p4poetic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
I'm feeling sorry for Barry now. Friend zoned!
I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't mind settling for friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Yeah, I think as soon as Iris comes around to Barry, Barry's going to be with Mary Jane Patty Spivot or Killer Frost.
If that happens, he'd kick them to the curb once he finds out shes interested.

Old 06-22-2014, 08:35 PM   #105
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by p4poetic View Post
I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't mind settling for friendship.
There's nothing wrong with friendship. It just sucks to like someone that way and they don't feel the same way. Hence, the sympathy/empathy.

And they released this too...

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 06-22-2014, 08:38 PM   #106
p4poetic
Side-Kick

Yeah it sucks, but you can't make someone fall in love with you.

She just posted this on Instagram. Think I'm going to have to check this episode out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
No wonder he is still hung up on Iris even after meeting Felicity, just look at her!
If they make her a great character too then it's no contest.
From all the clips so far, she seems really pleasant, which is a breath of fresh air. So tired of all the angst on the CW.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:55 AM   #107
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
If that happens, he'd kick them to the curb once he finds out shes interested.
Oh, come now, you know she's going to have the revelation and then run to find Barry and see him having his first passionate kiss with Patty/Caitlin and will be so heartbroken and so glad that Barry has found a great girl she won't have the heart to try and break it up, and that is precisely how she'll describe it to him in the following season finale.

And if Barry finds out after he's already in a serious relationship? That'd put him in a very difficult position, Iris knows that and actually cares about him regardless of their relationship status, so it's doubtful she'd do that. And when Barry figures it out anyway, he's not going to drop Caitlin who is a great person who loves him because Iris has come around. That's a mite douchey for the shy everyguy.

Or Maybe he will make the difficult call, maybe he'll fail to rescue Caitlin from a power-giving explosion while rescuing Iris Shado-style and that might lead to some Killer Frosty attitudes.

Man... I need to write for the CW. *Goes to work on GL Pilot script*.

Last edited by DrCosmic; 06-23-2014 at 09:44 AM.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:13 AM   #108
p4poetic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oh, come now, you know she's going to have the revelation and then run to find Barry and see him having his first passionate kiss with Patty/Caitlin and will be so heartbroken and so glad that Barry has found a great girl she won't have the heart to try and break it up, and that is precisely how she'll describe it to him in the following season finale.

And if Barry finds out after he's already in a serious relationship? That'd put him in a very difficult position, Iris knows that and actually cares about him regardless of their relationship status, so it's doubtful she'd do that. And when Barry figures it out anyway, he's not going to drop Caitlin who is a great person who loves him because Iris has come around. That's a mite douchey for the shy everyguy.

Or Maybe he will make the difficult call, maybe he'll fail to rescue Caitlin from a power-giving explosion while rescuing Iris Shado-style and that might lead to some Killer Frosty attitudes.

LOL I was just about to say, your descriptor sounds just like the CW.

Hopefully it isn't melodramatic like when Chloe catches Clark kissing Lana. That was so groanworthy.

Old 06-23-2014, 12:07 PM   #109
kane9321
oakland's finest

Huge change big change....but damn shes foine

Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
The X-Men films are like an abusive boyfriend.
They treat you well, (X-Men 1 and 2) and then they show their true colors (X3 and Wolverine: Origins), then they promise that they can change (X-Men: First Class and The Wolverine), now you see them with a prostitute. (X-Men: DOTFP)
Old 06-24-2014, 11:32 PM   #110
herolee10
No More Miracles

Quote:

Wow..I could really buy and see what you just wrote really taking place on the series.haha

I wouldn't be surprised if Killer Frost is used as the "transitional" love interest for Barry as a means of preventing his eventual hook up with Iris...and hell, they'll probably use Barry having feelings for Iris and Frost learning about this being one of the reasons why she goes rogue...I mean look what they did to Slade.

I just hope that this version of Iris doesn't end up becoming as bad as Lana or Laurel did...(wow..Two L's...it'd be eerie if Iris's name started with a L as well while taking a similar path.lol)

Old 06-24-2014, 11:41 PM   #111
p4poetic
Side-Kick

Lets not put that in the universe.

Iris from what we've seen seems too chipper to go down that territory anyway.

Old 06-25-2014, 12:02 AM   #112
herolee10
No More Miracles

Quote:
Lets not put that in the universe.

Iris from what we've seen seems too chipper to go down that territory anyway.
After seeing Slade's downfall center on his "feelings" for Shado...I really wouldn't put it past these producers.

Old 06-25-2014, 01:49 AM   #113
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

... but, but... the Mirakuru, it made him ca-raaaazy, see!

But I honestly think these producers have learned their lesson with their female lead, and they seem to be bringing Laurel back from the brink so, super duper kudos to them. I think Iris being the antithesis of Laurel is part of that.

Old 06-25-2014, 04:27 AM   #114
herolee10
No More Miracles

Well it definitely helps that Barry didn't sleep with Iris's sister while being in a relationship with her that resulted in her being presumed dead for 6 years, which resulted in the divorce of her parents while she had to deal with her father becoming an recluse alcoholic at times.lol

And it seems like they're aiming towards having Iris being interested in doing bigger things than being a simple coffee girl, with possible hints towards her wanting to become involved with the Police force.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:35 AM   #115
Paradox1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Wow..I could really buy and see what you just wrote really taking place on the series.haha

I wouldn't be surprised if Killer Frost is used as the "transitional" love interest for Barry as a means of preventing his eventual hook up with Iris...and hell, they'll probably use Barry having feelings for Iris and Frost learning about this being one of the reasons why she goes rogue...I mean look what they did to Slade.

I just hope that this version of Iris doesn't end up becoming as bad as Lana or Laurel did...(wow..Two L's...it'd be eerie if Iris's name started with a L as well while taking a similar path.lol)
His hate for Oliver had little to do with Shado. It's an excuse he made up, he hated him long before Mirakuru made him insane. He says as much in the final fight.

Old 06-25-2014, 01:14 PM   #116
coluanprime
Side-Kick

Iris was great in the pilot. Really enjoyed her.

Old 06-28-2014, 08:11 PM   #117
The Sarge
Greatest DP ever

I thought Iris was the weakest part of the pilot. I just thought she was poorly written, with a forced attempt at chemistry. So far she is simply there as the girl Barry has to win over.
Wish they would maybe do something fresher with it.
Maybe introduce her to Barry and the audience at the same time, so both of us can be on the same page and fall in love with her at the same time, instead of relying on some made up pre existing relationship we just have to believe.
Maybe have The girl chasing after the hero for once instead of the other way around.
It's a traditional case of another poorly written woman in TV. Odd that I feel her inclusion seems to be more for a female audience.

Old 06-29-2014, 10:09 AM   #118
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Spoilers?

I would agree that her writing was very weak, however, I think the actress turned it into something really likeable in the context of the show. It was clear that she really cared for Barry and was believably oblivious, which is no mean feat. When her reveal came it didn't make me feel betrayed, but it made sense for the character. That's a feat, and if it's not in the writing, it must be in the delivery.

But yeah, I hope her character gets a bit more nuance, and I think, as before, it'd be really cool if she's chasing him season 2 or something.

Old 07-18-2014, 06:45 PM   #119
p4poetic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox1 View Post
His hate for Oliver had little to do with Shado. It's an excuse he made up, he hated him long before Mirakuru made him insane. He says as much in the final fight.
That makes absolutely no sense at all. Slade had initially said they were brothers. When he overheard what happened to Shado by Ivo, that's when he began to hate Oliver. So it does have to do with Shado. I mean, he even hallucinates (and speaks to) Shado. The Mirakuru intensified his mind further.

Last edited by p4poetic; 07-18-2014 at 06:49 PM.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:29 PM   #120
Paradox1
Side-Kick

Quote:
That makes absolutely no sense at all. Slade had initially said they were brothers. When he overheard what happened to Shado by Ivo, that's when he began to hate Oliver. So it does have to do with Shado. I mean, he even hallucinates (and speaks to) Shado. The Mirakuru intensified his mind further.
What can I say? People are complicated, we can hate and love the same person all at same time depending the time of day.

Old 07-19-2014, 12:11 PM   #121
Ryder
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well it definitely helps that Barry didn't sleep with Iris's sister while being in a relationship with her that resulted in her being presumed dead for 6 years, which resulted in the divorce of her parents while she had to deal with her father becoming an recluse alcoholic at times.lol
No, this time the hero will be sleeping with his own (adopted) sister lol.

Old 07-19-2014, 02:39 PM   #122
batdude
Side-Kick

Quote:
You know, I was on the fence about this girl until I saw this.

Old 07-19-2014, 02:47 PM   #123
batdude
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Jesus, I think I turned hetero for a second there.
Too bad we can't have a catfight between Candice and Claire Holt.

Old 07-19-2014, 02:55 PM   #124
Paradox1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryder View Post
No, this time the hero will be sleeping with his own (adopted) sister lol.
If your adopted sister looked like that. There is few men who wouldn't be like " we aren't related by blood"

Old 07-20-2014, 02:02 PM   #125
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox1 View Post
What can I say? People are complicated, we can hate and love the same person all at same time depending the time of day.
Or it was simply the writers trying to pull something out of their asses in order to justify Slade still hating Oliver even after being cured of the Mirakuru. There was literally NOTHING in his previous actions that indicated that he hated Oliver. Quite the opposite, he seemed to see Oliver almost as a brother in arms. No, it was definitely the Shado thing combined with the Mirakuru messing with his head that did it.

Closed Thread