The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels

Old 01-14-2017, 11:34 AM   #26
Leo Zelinsky
Mutie

Default Re: "Gambit" starring Channing Tatum? - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zant View Post
If this film has Ms Marvel Rogue, then I think she would be a bigger draw than Mr. Le Beau Lol.
There are plenty of Flight/Super Strength Mutants she could replace the Ms. Marvel base from too.

A mutant super hero bonnie & clyde type movie would be great

Leo Zelinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 12:52 PM   #27
JEM
Side-Kick

From Shawn:

Quote:
Is Fox sure about if New Mutants and Gambit will happen in the present or past?
Gambit is present day. All I know as far as that question goes

JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 02:09 PM   #28
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Why would they bring in Rogue for a movie having nothing to do with her, if it's focusing on the theives guild and his romantic interest is Bella why try to squeeze In Rogue when she can be used later when he actually is apart of the team, The OT are of the past they aren't going to keep bringing them back. This movie should not have Rogue in it though I love them together I think it should be saved until we at least get a bad ass version of Rogue onscreen. I'd rather them introduce Storm in his movie but again that won't work because this movie will be in the present rather than the past. One thing I can agree on is they need to bring all the movies to the present so each movie can play off of the other and we get a sense of continuity.

unleashed
BeholdMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 02:14 PM   #29
Frankeh
Side-Kick

Storm deserves her own movie period. If she had solo episodes in all three X-Men cartoons, why couldn't she have a solo movie?

Frankeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 02:16 PM   #30
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Many said rogue is a must for Wolverine 3 also but she ain't.

J.J. Abrams “We are standing on the shoulders of Episodes I through VI.”

(Manage Your Expectations.)
GuestStar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 02:18 PM   #31
Leo Zelinsky
Mutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankeh View Post
Storm deserves her own movie period.
I'd like a Storm movie.

I'd really like a Female Led X-Men movie called "X-Women"

So many X-Men no reason they can't have a all girl mission every now and again.

Would be cool to do X-Women in 2020 for the 20th anniversary

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
Many said rogue is a must for Wolverine 3 also but she ain't.
She was supposed to be in it I thought? It would've improved the movie since it wasn't very good anyways. And the movie suffered from not having a Second White Hero Character involved with the main plot.

Last edited by Leo Zelinsky; 01-14-2017 at 02:23 PM.
Old 01-14-2017, 02:24 PM   #32
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankeh View Post
Storm deserves her own movie period. If she had solo episodes in all three X-Men cartoons, why couldn't she have a solo movie?
I agree with this and it would've been different before the Black Panther movie came out. If MCEU can make characters like Ant Nan and Dr Strange work and do well at the box office I don't see the problem with an iconic popular supeerheroine like Storm to not have a shot at it. I think if done right it would be an amazing movie.

unleashed
Old 01-14-2017, 02:28 PM   #33
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Zelinsky View Post

She was supposed to be in it I thought? It would've improved the movie since it wasn't very good anyways. And the movie suffered from not having a Second White Hero Character involved with the main plot.
From what i know no one said rogue was in the movie, the talk was they were casting for Bella Donna Boudreaux as love interest

Old 01-14-2017, 02:29 PM   #34
Leo Zelinsky
Mutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
From what i know no one said rogue was in the movie, the talk was they were casting for Bella Donna Boudreaux as love interest
I meant Rogue being in The Wolverine I thought Anna was supposed to be in it.

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/n...ost-wolverine/

“I love Rogue and I just think that there’s something about this idea that Rogue is tremendously empathetic but incapable of safe human contact. That always moved me and I thought that’s what really got to the heart of what makes the X-Men franchise so unique,” he says. “So I was trying to do something with Rogue in the script. I even had a set of ideas that the old man possessed a version of Rogue’s power and that was going to be indicated by a white stripe in his hair.

“Eventually it became very goofy, and I threw it out because I started realising throughout the script that it became more problematic than cool. It’s no accident to me that in the first X-Men film the first two mutants that you really see who have a connection are Wolverine and Rogue. There’s something special between them, so I was trying to bring Rogue into it, but it just didn’t get there. I regretted there wasn’t a way to figure it out, but when I look at the film now, it would have stuck out if we tried to shoehorn her in there just because it was another character from the universe.”

But Hateful 8 was like a tryout for Gambit

Last edited by Leo Zelinsky; 01-14-2017 at 02:34 PM.
Old 01-14-2017, 02:32 PM   #35
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Oh rogue for a time was thought about to be in The Wolverine yeah

Old 01-14-2017, 03:01 PM   #36
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeholdMe View Post
Why would they bring in Rogue for a movie having nothing to do with her, if it's focusing on the theives guild and his romantic interest is Bella why try to squeeze In Rogue when she can be used later when he actually is apart of the team,
You read the script? Old Man Logan had nothing to do with X-23 and Xavier, and viola here we are getting a Wolverine movie inspired by Old Man Logan and it features X-23 and Xavier. Wow crazy right?

And adding Rogue would serve another purpose which is to bring more interest to this movie which I just said. Because as of now, this movie is looking like to have the same level of hype as that Legion TV show, meaning nobody is really asking for this movie to happen nor a lot of people are anticipating it even if the bts word of mouth is good. And if tacking Colossus in a Deadpool movie didn't kill the movie, I don't see why it would be different for Rogue if its executed well.

Last edited by psylockolussus; 01-14-2017 at 03:24 PM.
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 05:07 AM   #37
def28
Side-Kick

I don't think Rogue will be here, but I'd have no problem if she was if it works in the script. That's gonna happen sooner or later. Too big of a selling point even with non geeks. One of the most known things about Gambit is that he's a Rogue love interest, and that played huge within his popularity in the 90s.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 05:38 PM   #38
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
You read the script? Old Man Logan had nothing to do with X-23 and Xavier, and viola here we are getting a Wolverine movie inspired by Old Man Logan and it features X-23 and Xavier. Wow crazy right?

And adding Rogue would serve another purpose which is to bring more interest to this movie which I just said. Because as of now, this movie is looking like to have the same level of hype as that Legion TV show, meaning nobody is really asking for this movie to happen nor a lot of people are anticipating it even if the bts word of mouth is good. And if tacking Colossus in a Deadpool movie didn't kill the movie, I don't see why it would be different for Rogue if its executed well.
Your snarkiness isnt needed because when its dished back to you, you like to complain to the admin. Rogue cant save this movie so including her wont help it, unless the bring in an all new Rogue than ill pass. Old Man Logan is what the third or fourth solo film so of course they can bring in different characters, this will be Gambits first and im sure some backstory and orgins will be told. Rogue doesnt need to be included to make it better she can be saved for another film once they get the character situated. I have zero interest in the Legion show i hope it does well. As long as they are loyal to the character and tell a good story im sure it will be fine with or without Rogue, I dont mind either way just dont want thrm squeezing in everything for one crowded film.

unleashed
Old 01-15-2017, 06:57 PM   #39
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post

Quite honestly, I don't think Rogue is needed for this Gambit movie.

Recasting is another issue. She wasn't a small character with hardly any lines (like Colossus). We just had an alternate version of DoFP named after her as well.

And there may be issues with using Rogue's Ms Marvel powers without getting Disney/Marvel/Feige approval for changing who she gets her powers from. I'd be okay with her borrowing strength/flight powers from others and not having those abilities permanently, but they've never done that so far, despite countless opportunities.

Maybe a bit further down the line we will see another version of Rogue, I really don't know.

But the Gambit movie can introduce Bella Donna, Candra and others, and maybe even have Sinister and his Marauders or Nasty Boys.

Old 01-15-2017, 06:59 PM   #40
Leo Zelinsky
Mutie

By the time this movie comes out Tatum will be almost 40. Why are they doing an origin with an older Gambit?

Gambit should be max 3-5 years older then the 90's X-MEN

Old 01-15-2017, 07:01 PM   #41
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
By the time this movie comes out Tatum will be 40+. Why are they doing an origin with an older Gambit?

Gambit should be max 3-5 years older then the 90's X-MEN
If you notice (and you must have done by now), the actor comes first with this franchise. They are not so concerned with the characters as they are with getting an actor they want. Ryan was the only one they ever had in mind for Deadpool. Channing is who they want for Gambit. That then dictates everything else, like the age of the character.

Old 01-15-2017, 07:12 PM   #42
Leo Zelinsky
Mutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
If you notice (and you must have done by now), the actor comes first with this franchise.
Sometimes I hate that X-Men are my favorite.

The worst part is because of these Fox movies all the bs happens so I can't atleast pretend it doesn't matter when I was getting cartoons & games to take my mind off these films

Old 01-15-2017, 08:53 PM   #43
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I'd be okay with her borrowing strength/flight powers from others and not having those abilities permanently, but they've never done that so far, despite countless opportunities.
The glass-half-full argument here is that characters NOT named Charles, Erik, Raven and Logan are such after thoughts in this franchise that Rogue fans would be ok with temporary strength + flight powers because: what does it matter? She'll only be on screen for a fraction of the time anyways.

*shrugs*

Last edited by EnDz0n3; 01-15-2017 at 09:12 PM.
EnDz0n3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 08:59 PM   #44
The Guard
Side-Kick

Quote:
By the time this movie comes out Tatum will be almost 40. Why are they doing an origin with an older Gambit?
And he'll look like he's in his 30's for years.

What's wrong with an older Gambit?

-Me
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 09:29 PM   #45
x-er
Side-Kick

We wanted to see Paquin and Marsden cameo as Rogue and Cyclops, respectively, but we never actually thought they were in any upcoming script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
The glass-half-full argument here is that characters NOT named Charles, Erik, Raven and Logan are such after thoughts in this franchise that Rogue fans would be ok with temporary strength + flight powers because: what does it matter? She'll only be on screen for a fraction of the time anyways.

*shrugs*
But what about the Rogue movie they're planning? : P

x-er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 09:31 PM   #46
x-er
Side-Kick

btw, channing tatum doesn't play anything close to Gambit in Hateful8.

And I still think it should be johnny depp or Sawyer from Lost.

x-er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 09:53 PM   #47
Leo Zelinsky
Mutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
What's wrong with an older Gambit?
There's nothing wrong with an older Gambit. But why make him the same age as James McAvoy? so much older than NIC Hoult and a decade older than Storm, Cyclops, Jean etc.

Singer blackballed Gambit in X1-X2 because he's a threat to Wolverine's turf. Now that Wolverine is FINALLY done hogging the spotlight they take Gambit out the loop still.

Old 01-15-2017, 11:38 PM   #48
The Guard
Side-Kick

It's pretty clear Gambit is slated to be the next Wolverine "loner with a dark past" type in the X-Men film mythology (quite possibly X-Force).

Again, why does his age in relation to the actor currently playing Xavier matter in relation to Gambit's use in the franchise films?

Xavier was in his 40's in the 80's-set DAYS OF FUTURE PAST, so he'd be considerably older if Gambit's storyline occurs in the present. So they're not likely to be the same age as characters, even if the actors happen to be of a similar age.

Nor would Gambit necessarily be that much older than say, Scott Summers and Jean Grey from DOFP. If the Gambit movies happen in the present, then Scott and Jean would be close to the same age as Gambit. Beast would be older.

-Me

Last edited by The Guard; 01-15-2017 at 11:43 PM.
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 11:45 PM   #49
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
It's pretty clear Gambit is slated to be the next Wolverine "loner with a dark past" type in the X-mythos.

Again, why does his age in relation to the actor currently playing Xavier matter in relation to Gambit's use in the franchise?
Wanting him with the young X-Men cast.
I actually really like the X-Force alignment def28 brought up.

Whedon-----Guggenheim_____Kinberg
Gunn________Goyer
Reed________Snyder
2kt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 02:34 AM   #50
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Channing Tatum would look outof place with the X-Men stuck in the past. He is as old looking as McAvoy.

and he's more fitting with the original cast in which actors like Shawn, who and Anna are in the same age range as him, while Halle, James and Famke are older than him.

And do we really want everyone in the present to just join the X-Force? I don't. Gambit should be with the X-Men.