3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2017, 04:29 PM   #76
Guard82
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Flash Season 4 Episode 1: "The Flash Reborn"

Nice solid start to the season. Grant Gustin's acting was great when he was acting as the crazy, brain-addled Barry Allen who just emerged from the Speed Force. I liked seeing Iris taking charge of the team, Caitlin returning to the group, and Joe giving us some good emotional scenes. Also, the Thinker looks excellent, and he should be an intriguing main villain for the season.

Guard82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 05:11 PM   #77
igoogol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
get used to it.it's not going to change.show will remain more about iris.barry is li and hook to get people to watch.
It's not just Barry either. From the infuriating way Iris treats Wally, it'd still be The Iris Show if he became Flash.

igoogol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 07:25 PM   #78
nogolf33
Side-Kick

My 7 year old just rewatched it. I understand the criticisms but it was fun. I thought the thinker was Metron and I let out a whoop when they showed him.

nogolf33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 09:38 PM   #79
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Caitlin is sexy. Glad to see she is kind- hearted Caitlin again but can change to sexy Frost too. But she seems like the Hulk now. Or maybe she'll be like She-Hulk and will be able to control the change at will and Killer Frost won't be such a killer but just sassy and mischievous and more outspoken.

Who is Locutus at the end of the episode?

Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 09:47 PM   #80
Speed Force
"There was an idea..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Caitlin is sexy. Glad to see she is kind- hearted Caitlin again but can change to sexy Frost too. But she seems like the Hulk now. Or maybe she'll be like She-Hulk and will be able to control the change at will and Killer Frost won't be such a killer but just sassy and mischievous and more outspoken.

Who is Locutus at the end of the episode?
That was the Thinker, this season's big bad

Speed Force is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:31 PM   #81
Matt Parker
Side-Kick

So, any speculation on what the Thinker's powers and origin will be? Are his abilities limited to superhuman intelligence or does he also possess telekinesis and telepathy? Is he meta who got powers from the accelerator, or did he enhance his own mind by himself? Thoughts?

Matt Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:36 PM   #82
Section 31
Banned User

I liked Gustin in this one. Iris dragged it down. I'm fine with the forced goofy tone they are pushing to undo the damage of last season. But I don't think they realize why last season was so hated. It has nothing to do with it being 'dark'. It has everything to do with the writing being silly. Hopefully they don't go as 'goofy' as Legends of Tomorrow.

Section 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:52 PM   #83
2kt09
Here 'N' There

It's too late.

Whedon-----Guggenheim_____Kinberg
Gunn________Goyer
Reed________Snyder
2kt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:04 AM   #84
AcePair
Newbie First Class

Solid premiere. Glad they're not hiding the main villain like the previous seasons.

AcePair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 02:05 AM   #85
spiderman2
Side-Kick

I thought it was a solid start to the season hoping that this show can rebound and be more like season 1 then 2 or 3 but it is to early to really say how this show is going to go this year. Hopefully Tom will be back soon has I always miss when he is not around.

1.Dark knight rises 2.Spider man 2 3.Batman begins 4.Dark knight 5.Cap Civil war 6.Logan 7.Spider-Man homecoming 8.Cap winter soilder 9.Amazing Spider-Man 2 10.Doctor strange 11.Xmen DOFP.12.Xmen FC. 13.Spiderman 14.WW 15. Avengers AOU 16. Avengers 17.Amazing Spider-Man 18.Iron man 3 19.Man of steel 20.Spider-Man 3

Need to rewatch about 5 to have a final list.
spiderman2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:05 AM   #86
X-Nemesis
Side-Kick

Is this show still written where the angst and love problems of the main characters is the priority focus of the show, and everything else a side plot?

X-Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:49 AM   #87
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Nemesis View Post
Is this show still written where the angst and love problems of the main characters is the priority focus of the show, and everything else a side plot?
No. They've dispensed with the side plot now.

BTW I liked the Incredible Hulk TV series reference from Caitlin at the end.

Last edited by Dark Raven; 10-12-2017 at 10:09 AM.
Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 10:40 AM   #88
STARMAN
Side-Kick

"Don't make me frosty. You won't like me when I'm frosty"

STARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 03:15 PM   #89
Avenging Angel
I'm Fire! Life incarnate!

The scenes with the OG Team Flash, Cisco, Caitlin and Barry were amazing. Grant's acting was excellent. Iris needs to die, she even more utterly useless. Killer Frost scenes were the more interesting ones. The Hulk references were cool. I didn't hate it as much as I thought.

Avenging Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 03:27 PM   #90
Syncos
ROFLICIOUS

So in the speed force Barry would have been experiencing all of time at once. It was pretty clear the gibberish he was speaking as a result were all references to moments, past (he looked at joe and talked about the yellow man as if his mom had just died) and future. Did anyone catch any awesome hints at what's to come? Do we think they actually dropped references to this season?

Old 10-12-2017, 04:10 PM   #91
KillerMcQueen
Mere Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncos View Post
So in the speed force Barry would have been experiencing all of time at once. It was pretty clear the gibberish he was speaking as a result were all references to moments, past (he looked at joe and talked about the yellow man as if his mom had just died) and future. Did anyone catch any awesome hints at what's to come? Do we think they actually dropped references to this season?
That's a good point actually, It'll be cool if any of Barry's seeming gibberish ends up being hints at what's coming next.

KillerMcQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 04:06 AM   #92
Set
Side-Kick

Iris came across as overbearing and trying way too hard in her attempts at leadership, which was not a good look for her. Kind of a polar opposite to Sara Lance taking over leadership of the Waverider and becoming the 'cool mom' to Rips 'disapproving of whatever you do dad.'

Set is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 04:36 AM   #93
herolee10
No More Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncos View Post
I think Barry's mumbling things like "them needing more diapers" and his whole "this house is *Beep*" was possibly referring to when Barry and Iris end up having twins someday like they did in the comics and perhaps moving into a bigger home to start their new family.

1 Corinthians 10:13
herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 06:52 AM   #94
Webhead38
Side-Kick

This episode felt like the producers saying, " We heard you and are resetting the tone and story points to what you like." Like the new outfit and like the fact the team is reunited and back to work. Felt good and made me look forward to the next one.

Old 10-15-2017, 02:43 AM   #95
Batmannerism
Super-unknown

I'm glad Barry is back, as I'm a fan of Gustin, but I feel like it's way too soon. Maybe he could have temporarily appeared and then gone back to the speed force, with them not finding a solution until ep 3 or 4 - or maybe he could have appeared as a speed force ghost, and then become solid after 3 or 4 episodes.

I just feel like the problem was resolved too easily.

Batmannerism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 07:52 AM   #96
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

Just like with Flashpoint, Reborn was done to quickly. They like to waste good storylines.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 06:56 PM   #97
Avenging Angel
I'm Fire! Life incarnate!

I had a feeling the DCTV is holding back because of the movie. Maybe they will right some wrongs as soon as DCEU releases their version of Flashpoint.

Avenging Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 06:16 PM   #98
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

As expected the speed force thing lasted about 10 mins, it was a really pointless storyline.

But overall I thought the episode was decent. Caitlin is hot as hell, but the KF thing just seemed the same as usual. Hoping the new season will be good.

1)War For The Planet Of The Apes-10(2)Logan-9.5(3)Baby Driver-9.5(4)Dunkirk-9(5)Thor: Ragnorak-9(6)Wonder Woman-9(7)Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2-9(8)Blade Runner 2049-8.5(9)It-8(10)Spider-Man: Homecoming-8(11)John Wick 2-8(12)Split-8(13)Kingsman: The Golden Circle-8(14)Kong: Skull Island-7.5(15)Justice League-7(16)Alien Covenant-7(17)Ghost In The Shell-7(18)POTC: Salazar's Revenge-7(19)The Dark Tower-4(20)Transformers: The Last Knight-4
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote