1 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2017, 09:34 PM   #51
Pennywise
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Flash Season 4 Episode 2: "Mixed Signals"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guts View Post
Oh, yeah! He was the one that fought Ray and killed by Snart.

Pennywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 10:05 PM   #52
Speed Force
"There was an idea..."

This felt like a typical filler episode from season 1 so I guess that's a good thing. Didn't care for the first half much though.
Agreed about the next episode trailers, they haven't been showing anything and they're a bit gimmicky in a way.

Speed Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 11:17 PM   #53
herolee10
No More Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennywise View Post
"You are not The Flash, Barry. We are."

Ugh!
So is this episode worth watching then or should some of us, who haven't seen it yet, just skip the episode?

I personally cannot stand seeing Iris pretend she is some big shot hero when she isn't or this show treat her as some infallible goddess.

1 Corinthians 10:13
herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 11:21 PM   #54
herolee10
No More Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
I totally get what Iris is saying when seeing the full context of it. When they agreed to get marry, Barrys problems become Iris' problems as well and vice versa.It's basically like when you get married and your credit becomes your spouses credit as well...
So if my wife singlehandly saves her company from going bankrupted, thus preventing hundreds of employees from losing their jobs as well, then I would also get the credit just because I'm married to her? Cool.lol

Honesty, this isn't going to go well with a lot of folks because a lot of people can smell something phony when they see it and Iris being billed as one half of the Flash and the group's team leader is pretty much that imho.

Old 10-17-2017, 11:35 PM   #55
Lantern Venom
Your Mom's #1 Hypester

This season is off to an outstanding start. The tension between Barry and Iris makes perfect sense and the humor is well-placed. The visuals on tonight's episode were gorgeous, and Barry's new suit is the best one yet--by far.

Lantern Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 11:51 PM   #56
herolee10
No More Miracles

But back to the original question, I mean how was this episode guys? I mean I know have somewhat of a bad bias against Iris, but was this episode at least okay? Did Barry still stand out great or did the show become "Arrow Season 4" with Iris becoming Felicity?

Old 10-18-2017, 12:19 AM   #57
legendkillin
Side-Kick

Uhh wtf is up with Wally's hair?!

legendkillin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 12:43 AM   #58
herolee10
No More Miracles

Just saw a few clips, namely Barry's fight with this week's villain at the end...and yep, seems like I was right.

They've truly emasculated Barry to make Iris look great. They had to go so far as to have Barry remind the audiences that he now follow's Iris's orders and can't do anything without her.

What a joke of a hero. We got a happy Barry back but the expense of losing something else.

Old 10-18-2017, 12:56 AM   #59
zenith16
Side-Kick

well Cicco idea for the suit wasn't a bad idea completely. Sadly he didn't bother to take into account there would be a meta's human's muc less hackers, that can control tech or there would be people that would be able to hack into it and didn't put counter measures inplace cause he couldn't conceive of this.

Which is weird iof him not to for see in this Day and age with all the hacking problems we have inthis world/day and age.
But looking at how they can't think of a proper security system for star lab's or their buddies in star city's lair's ... this isn't surprising.

is a shame. some thing like what suit has should only be used in emergency's. otherwise a good lot of the feature should have remained off, it be useful if only used on certain occasion's for escape. but he need to have better counter measures in place.

well this episode was made to show case iris taking more of lead of the team, in way. I'm not sure if saying he didn't need it a all was completely right but she is taking more of an active role. though i'm not sure if it's working for everyone in the audience.

Last edited by zenith16; 10-18-2017 at 01:00 AM.
zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 01:24 AM   #60
Loki882
Side-Kick

Cisco and Gypsy, finally. And her in that dress, WOW just WOW!! Don't screw it up Cisco.

The Caitlin stuff continues to be tedious.

The couples therapy was, a mixed bag.

Wally being used as nothing more than a glorified punching bag is disappointing.

The Thinker seems like a potentially cool villain.

All in all, ok episode.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 02:01 AM   #61
Frodo
Side-Kick

Hysterical episode. I definitely like the return to the lighter more humorous tone. The dialog was pretty snappy which I always like even if the villain was a freak of the week. It also didn't hurt that it had one of my favorite Bob Segar songs at the beginning.

Gypsy did look amazing at the end and Iris of course was a knock out as usual.

I actually liked the relationship dynamics in this episode because it actually felt more realistic and less the usual"cw teen" dynamics that are usually applied to relationship conflicts.

All in all, I had fun with the episode , and its been a long time since I've had fun watching an episode of the Flash.

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 03:22 AM   #62
igoogol
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's basically like when you get married and your credit becomes your spouses credit as well...
That's sounds like a gold-digger's M.O. Which is accurate now that Iris claims to be Flash because she's marrying him.

igoogol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 03:25 AM   #63
Gu3ree
Side-Kick

I was quite impressed. The new suit has quickly grown on me. Never liked the first Flash suit in the first three seasons, nor did I like the new suit at first, but now I like it. Bright red, and it actually is bright red, or bright enough, so I'm pleased with that.

Is it just me, or do some of the visual effects look better? I liked that shot of Barry running to the billionaire guy's rescue on the road. Maybe it's just because of the brighter red that makes it look more glorious.

Hmm, the excuses they have to use though to not let Wally steal the show. He could also single-handedly take down the Tech villain, but he had to get knocked out.

Next to Arsenal, Kid-Flash isn't as good of a side-kick. When you have two speedsters, what are the differences? They can do the same thing.

I didn't mind the comedy in this episode. At times, the humor in The Flash has been over-the-top, but in this episode I didn't mind. Aside from that, I also thought the directing was quite good in this episode.

I am becoming intrigued by The Thinker. I'm interested to see what he's plotting. I like that he different from the rest of the show's main villains. I want someone new and original. Not another speedster.

At the same time, this does feel like a filler episode. That's the only problem I've had with this series, unlike Marvel Netflix shows. More than often, The Flash has predictable plots and outcomes. You know how it's going to end usually. You know how everything will resolve. You always have to wait for the build-up. A lot of cliches. The Marvel Netflix shows by comparison have much more realism, and are unconventional. And it's more interesting. It's also because of the dialogue.

To me personally, Arrow does a better job at keeping me anticipated each week. Don't get me wrong though, The Flash has its moments.

The Flash has typical characters. The geek (Cisco) with cheesy one-liners. Caitlin for me is just...meh.

I'm starting to miss Harrison Wells. I like that Barry is maturing, but I want him to mature a little faster. I also liked that brief moment where Barry and Iris see the newspaper and find out that Oliver's secret as the Green Arrow is out. Liked that because it makes me guess what has been going on the past week since Oliver's secret was discovered...but hope that's not another filler episode too...for Arrow. Since we've had that happen in Arrow...twice.

Last edited by Gu3ree; 10-18-2017 at 03:28 AM.
Gu3ree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 03:32 AM   #64
herolee10
No More Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by igoogol View Post
That's sounds like a gold-digger's M.O. Which is accurate now that Iris claims to be Flash because she's marrying him.

Sometimes I feel like the entire Arrowverse is spearheaded by misguided and extreme feminists who only know how to write strong female characters at the expense of other characters.

Old 10-18-2017, 03:39 AM   #65
igoogol
Side-Kick

The ep certainly hit a lot of fun notes but too bad all that was undone by the Iris-centric focus. For a cop's daughter and a superhero's soon to be wife, she has no clue about urgency except her own. Saving lives is important but only if she has a say in it. Is she marrying Barry or looking for a meta daddy?

Wally needs to take a trip to see the world, because right now perpetually never needed as back up is a waste of his time. Please feel free to take Iris with you. Cisco and Gypsy relationship drama, why?

1 step forward 3 steps back. No matter what they do, the show just can't get away from bad writing. Or maybe they don't want to.

Last edited by igoogol; 10-18-2017 at 11:37 AM.
Old 10-18-2017, 03:57 AM   #66
Astro13Zombie
Side-Kick

Fun episode.
Liked the villain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotNickFury View Post
"You have a collect call from 'Guys, help me!'"

Okay, that was funny.
Yeah that made me laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendkillin View Post
Uhh wtf is up with Wally's hair?!
What's wrong with it?

Astro13Zombie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:15 AM   #67
IronManOfSteel
Side-Kick

Awesome episode EXCEPT for Iris who has officially reached Felicity Arrow season 4 levels of annoying. I can't believe she got mad at Barry for not asking her before entering the speed force... the entire world was literally crumbling apart!! She puts her own emotions before the fate of the entire world. Oh and "We are The Flash" makes no sense whatsoever... imagine if Felicity said "we are the Green Arrow", or Mon-El said "we are Supergirl"... it's just dumb and delusional. The way that Barry always ends up agreeing with and apologising to Iris even when he was clearly in the right is giving me major Oliver season 4 vibes too.

She also made Barry throw a lightning bolt at himself even though she knows nothing about science, and Cisco and Caitlin (both genius scientists) said it would probably kill him. She should've waited for Cisco or Caitlin to come up with something instead of rushing into a plan which realistically should have probably cost him his life.

IronManOfSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 07:44 AM   #68
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
So if my wife singlehandly saves her company from going bankrupted, thus preventing hundreds of employees from losing their jobs as well, then I would also get the credit just because I'm married to her? Cool.lol

Honesty, this isn't going to go well with a lot of folks because a lot of people can smell something phony when they see it and Iris being billed as one half of the Flash and the group's team leader is pretty much that imho.
Barry said all this responsibility falls on him and the burden it brings to which Iris said "once I got engaged to, we are team flash" she takes on his burdens as well, his enemies are her enemies. If your wife is a superhero and has people coming after her and it doesn't fall on you as well then that's on you. Iris is standing by her man and letting him know he isn't alone in this fight.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 07:58 AM   #69
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Just saw a few clips, namely Barry's fight with this week's villain at the end...and yep, seems like I was right.

They've truly emasculated Barry to make Iris look great. They had to go so far as to have Barry remind the audiences that he now follow's Iris's orders and can't do anything without her.

What a joke of a hero. We got a happy Barry back but the expense of losing something else.
This is no different from when Cisco was telling Barry what to do. He hasn't been solo since the show began.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 10:28 AM   #70
Frodo
Side-Kick

I actually didn't have a problem with Iris's positions at all in this episode. In the first season they did write her as quite self centered and shallow. The last couple seasons, she's been much more of the rock of the West/Allen clan and more helpful role to the team imo .

If anything, I was more surprised she held back on how hurt she was that Barry left , which I was expecting to be brought up in the premiere. Then again, I thought the "going into the speedforce" plot was lazy anyway, so I guess I'm more bias and sympathetic to her feelings about him leaving.

The couple's therapy was also understandable, and I'm glad they did that as opposed to the leftover typical CW/Smallville solution of character being rude and stomping off without actually talking about the issue.

I also agreed with her point about the burden not just being Barry's. For good or ill, it is team Flash for this iteration of the character, and the burden does fall on the entire team to protect the city even if its mostly Barry and Wally on the ground.

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 10:31 AM   #71
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I liked the episode enough.

Gypsy... make-up was popping!

Had no problems with Iris’ line since it’s true.

Didn’t think it made much sense for Barry not being able to move.

The villain’s line delivery at times was funny. And if I had his powers and really wanted revenge, I probably would have found a way to mess with those people’s money rather than outright kill them.

Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 12:00 PM   #72
igoogol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Iris is standing by her man and letting him know he isn't alone in this fight.
Hasn't she been doing that since childhood? To the point that he can't do anything for himself anymore. And now she's really putting her brand on him. Also if Eddie lived and she went through marrying him, that means she gets a say in how he does his job, automatically is a detective and becomes police chief? Nope. Whether it's Eddie or Barry or anyone else she marries, Iris' expectations are childishly unrealistic.

Old 10-18-2017, 12:28 PM   #73
EarthShaker
Side-Kick

Ffs. Barry was trapped in the speed force losing his mind. Iris wants to make it about her. Drama queen.

EarthShaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 01:54 PM   #74
Verick808
Side-Kick

Don't dislike Iris or think she's being unfair. I do dislike this dynamic with Iris in charge. Most the stuff she does just does not seem necessary to me.

Suicide Squad 4.5

Last edited by Verick808; 10-18-2017 at 03:16 PM. Reason: One too many letters.
Verick808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 02:01 PM   #75
Astro13Zombie
Side-Kick

Another highlight of this episode.

Caitlin's legs

Astro13Zombie is online now   Reply With Quote