3 0 0%
2 1 6.25%
1 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2017, 01:48 PM   #101
Jesse
Old Curmudgeon

Default Re: The Flash Season 4 Episode 2: "Mixed Signals"

While flawed some aspects of the second episode where kind of fun. I'm not sure I care for the Iris and Barry rom-com moments though. I like how they are teasing the Thinker at the end of each episode.

Old 10-20-2017, 08:38 PM   #102
j-beda

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
So if my wife singlehandly saves her company from going bankrupted, thus preventing hundreds of employees from losing their jobs as well, then I would also get the credit just because I'm married to her? Cool.lol
It was a stupid way for the writers to express it, but the idea they were trying to express is not.

If your wife singlehandly saves her company from going bankrupted, that's great, but in doing so she should probably let you know that important **** is going down at her job. Being part of a strong relationship involves sharing important things that are happening in both people's lives.

If you and your wife are both working on the same team, the "singlehandly" part is less clear. The driver of the racecar is not "singlehandly" responsible for the wins (or the losses) on the track. The whole team is imporant, and ignoring the needs of any member of the team to feel like they are valued or to ignore their imput is not a good idea for long-term success. Not noticing that the dynamics of the whole team have been altered by six months of no Barry is not good. Sidelining Wally without noticing his reaction is also probably a mistake.

j-beda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 12:07 AM   #103
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

"you are not the flash, Barry, we are"...

What? THIS is what's going wrong with this show. Wtf

New MCU battles will be held each week in the Marvel Films forum!

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 12:10 AM   #104
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern Venom View Post
That line acts under the same principle as an individual sport like gymnastics, boxing, wrestling, or racing. Even though the athlete performs on his or her own, he or she can't achieve greatness without the wisdom of the coach or the work of his or her training partners.
No, it's different. It wasn't about team flash. Her comment was about her being engaged to Barry. Totally out of left field.

New MCU battles will be held each week in the Marvel Films forum!

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 07:04 AM   #105
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Groot: I am Groot

Gamora: No Groot. WE are Groot.

Old 10-21-2017, 02:58 PM   #106
Avenging Angel
I'm Fire! Life incarnate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
"you are not the flash, Barry, we are"...

What? THIS is what's going wrong with this show. Wtf
Not one of their proudest moments.

Avenging Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 03:06 PM   #107
igoogol
Side-Kick

What is with these apples and oranges comparisons? How is saving lives the same as playing a sport or running a business or being married? Why not compare something closer to what Flash does, such as the police, firefighters, paramedics? No? Wonder why.

igoogol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 05:04 PM   #108
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by igoogol View Post
What is with these apples and oranges comparisons? How is saving lives the same as playing a sport or running a business or being married? Why not compare something closer to what Flash does, such as the police, firefighters, paramedics? No? Wonder why.
it's the fact that part's of the writing team don't care about certain thing's and they don't think the audience would question the thing they put in. remember they thing with fact they still have the highest rating on the show and the only awards they ever win are surfboards and it's for greatest kiss of all thing to be awarded that the thing the smart half of the fan question aren't important or wouldn't be asked or questioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
While flawed some aspects of the second episode where kind of fun. I'm not sure I care for the Iris and Barry rom-com moments though. I like how they are teasing the Thinker at the end of each episode.
your correct theing that are obvious here is that the writers were looking for a way for iris to be help& use ful and sadly they won't let do that through the profession she chose inthe first season which was being an investigative reporter. causethe writers don't care to have not be the damsel in destress . they just can't conceive an idea of how to have not be that. or to balance it out where she's get her self out of trouble and the other in team flash get kid napped just as much as her.

the other problem is which other are notr mention is that cisco made the biggest screw up. it's not that he put too much tech inthe suit it's thatas soon as he found out there was meta human withthe power to control machines like a hack while he was making a aniti virus to short out kill gore he didn't bother to think she should put in an additonal feature for barrys suit like virus for him just entering barry suit's computer or to tell barry not to wear the suit til he made sure it wasn't hackable by this new villain . why? cause they had to make him obsess over Gypy. which he would have made up to her regardles. it was due to cisco making him self disstracted

so the bisgest blunder was there. next to the weird self destruct feature. he should have made sure there was a manul shut off on the suit for barry to acess that only barry can find on his chest piece emblem .

Now, I know other's have this issue with iris leading the team and to a degree it doesn't make the most sense when she can be just as help with her former career. but sadly ther writers don't seem to care to make it work inthe best way. they still could have had her done that with the job of being an investgative reporter. but they didn't care to. her being on the com's isn't bad idea. but what people are mad or unhappy about is that barry reverted back to I can't , I need a pep talk or tell me what do do mode again .

and he got out that both in season 2 and 3. yes I agree he sadly reverted. the seem to keep want him to go back there and caqn't make up their minds.

there's nothing with any of them bing on the con'[s anc give him options v but he has to make the choses's. other do this wotih people inthe opcenters the showv the barve on NBC show this next to NCIS LA. there are tones of Examples.

and there isn't much in iris 's back groundt hat show leader ship to have earned this . but come to think about it there wasn't much of leader in any of team flash to begin with with the excpetion of eobard posing as wells.

and there's no real stratigy school for her to have gone to.

and sadly all they ever have joe do mostly is to be in star labs reaction when crayness goes dow and for him to have a shocked looked onhis face or not know what to think. when he should be rallying a squad of cop's head to the same location barry is act makingsure they surround the area and make sure no civilinan's are nead the area barry's fight the latest villain andcutting of the villain area's of escape. in steak of make reactions to cisco in star labs and going what all the time.

zenith16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 06:56 PM   #109
igoogol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
it's the fact that part's of the writing team don't care about certain thing's and they don't think the audience would question the thing they put in. remember they thing with fact they still have the highest rating on the show and the only awards they ever win are surfboards and it's for greatest kiss of all thing to be awarded that the thing the smart half of the fan question aren't important or wouldn't be asked or questioned.
??? I'm talking about some commenters making apples and oranges comparison to justify Iris' we-are-Flash.

But I do agree that with the way things are going, top rated on CW and winning surfboards will very soon be a thing of the past.

igoogol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 07:51 PM   #110
Astro13Zombie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Groot: I am Groot

Gamora: No Groot. WE are Groot.

Astro13Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 11:08 PM   #111
Lantern Venom
Your Mom's #1 Hypester

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
No, it's different. It wasn't about team flash. Her comment was about her being engaged to Barry. Totally out of left field.
It really wasn't a problem. The line was meant to show shared experience and teamwork. The show has been knocking it out of the park this season, much like it did for the first 2 1/2 seasons. I'm expecting greater things to come.

Lantern Venom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 04:36 PM   #112
Avenging Angel

Please find me the articles on the current story line saying they are "knocking it out of the park"? One that doesn't include Iris being shoehorned in as the weakest link.

Old 11-10-2017, 02:50 PM   #113
Babillygunn
Tag team champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthShaker View Post
Ffs. Barry was trapped in the speed force losing his mind. Iris wants to make it about her. Drama queen.
This. The dude endured the equivalent on 10,000 years of hell in order to save the world and she's mad that she had to make up excuses as to why the wedding was postponed??????

Old 11-10-2017, 04:12 PM   #114
Avenging Angel

Because everyone must worship at the fortress of Iris. It's her show.

Old 11-11-2017, 05:37 PM   #115
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

Yeah, they are not doing good things with Iris this season. Which isn't new, but the degree they are pushing her makes it worse.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 06:23 PM   #116
Avenging Angel

Just like they push Grant and Candice together in interviews to try to force feed this hogwash. It looks bad on and off screen.

Last edited by Avenging Angel; 11-11-2017 at 06:29 PM.