The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels

Old 11-20-2017, 06:31 PM   #126
Havok83
Side-Kick

Default Re: Multiple Man movie with James Franco announced!

this doesnt sound like a good idea t all. Madrox in live action could work but he's best suited for an ongoing TV show, not a movie. I hope they rethink this one and it seems Franco's name being attached is why this might happen

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 09:54 PM   #127
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Zelinsky View Post
Tatum & Franco could be dynamic
Franco maybe. Tatum I find pretty stiff.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:05 PM   #128
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
Judging by how fox do things then him getting a solo might mean he is out of the gambit.
Or he can appear on both as two different characters.

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 01:25 AM   #129
kevork89
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Sure, James Franco will be a supporting in this as well as the Mirage actress...
Lmao James Franco isn’t your typical Hollywood actor. He’s done lifetime movies, random weird movies and been bit parts in movies. Alien: Covenant anyone? So hey it’s a possibility he could show up in a small capacity in Gambit.

kevork89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 09:44 AM   #130
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
this doesnt sound like a good idea t all. Madrox in live action could work but he's best suited for an ongoing TV show, not a movie. I hope they rethink this one and it seems Franco's name being attached is why this might happen
Best suited to a TV show if only Marvel TV shows aren't so thrifty.

Old 11-21-2017, 10:00 AM   #131
SumT
Side-Kick

come on, guys, Madrow is sooo marketable, and will be a dope movie no doubt about it, it just happens that most of us would have preffered a different character for a solo movie.
But Madrox has charisma and will sell if the marketing is good. It can have a decent boxoffice, no need to meet Deadpool or Logan or even XMA numbers to be a hit.

SumT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 10:05 AM   #132
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Utilize him in a X-Factor film.

Old 11-21-2017, 10:09 AM   #133
SumT
Side-Kick

they can still do that after his movie. This is just the quickest and best way to sell Multiple man, giving him first a solo movie would make him popular and a "star", so once X-factor arrives, general audience will be more hyped/interested, because they already know Madrox. Its smart if you think about it with some distance

Old 11-21-2017, 10:32 AM   #134
psylockolussus
Fierce User

I doubt it. That's like releasing Professor X the movie before the X-Men.

Old 11-21-2017, 11:54 AM   #135
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Madrox got his own solo limited series before he headlined X-Factor. His solo served a a prelude to set up the team book. Doing this in the movieverse makes sense considering thats exactly how it was originally done in the comics

Old 11-21-2017, 01:41 PM   #136
SumT
Side-Kick

Quote:
really?

Multiple man has a pretty cool, creative and visual power.
Charles hasnt that is an older man in a wheelchair. The comparision doesnt make too much sense.

the writer will build an interesting story for Multiple man and will include quite a few supporting mutants, maybe even a few Xfactor members, as an introduction, so this can easily be a pretty cool movie and exploring a new side of the x-men world.

Old 11-21-2017, 07:03 PM   #137
psylockolussus
Fierce User

I just don't see why create a Madrox movie first before X-Factor. If X-Factor is like Avengers or Jl, okay sure but nope. While X-Force members are appearing in Deadpool 2 to raise awareness to a X-Force film but Deadpool is already a successful franchise unlike Madrox.

Old 11-21-2017, 09:00 PM   #138
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
I just don't see why create a Madrox movie first before X-Factor. If X-Factor is like Avengers or Jl, okay sure but nope. While X-Force members are appearing in Deadpool 2 to raise awareness to a X-Force film but Deadpool is already a successful franchise unlike Madrox.
For the exact reasons I mentioned. Madrox is and always was the lead character of the modern X-Factor series. The book and premise of the team was built around him and it makes more sense to have it be a spinoff from him than the other way arund. Comparing it to Avengers and JL is the wrong way to think about it bc none of the characters warrant a solo film outing to slowly build up the team.

The original Madrox series featured Siryn and Strong Guy as supporting cast members and the team was rounded out with Monet, Rictor and Wolfsbane when the team was set up for the X-Factor ongoing

The setup is right there. The Madrox film serves as the origin story and introduces half the cast with X-Factor spinning out of that jumping straight into the action with the remaining three. That format is better than cramming an origin story and introducing 6 main characters into one film

Old 11-22-2017, 08:46 AM   #139
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Just do a X-Factor movie and call it a day.

Star Lord also had a mini series during the mid 2000s before joining the Gotg and Marvel Studios didn't do a Star Lord movie first.

Old 11-22-2017, 09:52 AM   #140
SumT
Side-Kick

I think all of this comes from one single issue: Marvel has a lot of solo movies, while Fox hasnt, so Fox and producers realized they needed/wanted more solos, so who did they choose? another white male antihero type with charm.

Marvel is releasing a black superhero and a female soon. Lets see how much time it takes for Fox to explore some diversity finally. maybe in 8 years?

Old 11-22-2017, 10:01 AM   #141
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Marvel has a LOT of properties that should headline their own movie, while Fox has more properties that are more suited to a superhero team. Let's be real other than Wolverine, Deadpool and Silver Surfer, the list isn't that long for characters who spent majority of their comics history in a solo comics run. Gambit and X-23 are more of a X-Men character than a Gambit/X-23 character and their titles are under the X-Men category. Its not like that for Iron Man, Aquaman, Captain America, Superman, Thor, Batman, Spider-Man, Flash, Hulk, Wonder Woman, Doctor Strange, Green Lantern and Black Panther.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:14 AM   #142
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumT View Post
I think all of this comes from one single issue: Marvel has a lot of solo movies, while Fox hasnt, so Fox and producers realized they needed/wanted more solos, so who did they choose? another white male antihero type with charm.

Marvel is releasing a black superhero and a female soon. Lets see how much time it takes for Fox to explore some diversity finally. maybe in 8 years?
Well Fox had Daredevil and Elektra and they released solo movies for those two. If they were good and treated them better, it could have led to a trilogy and perhaps a reboot as well. And they haven't done anything to Silver Surfer in ten years.

Anyways, Fox lacks a lot of solo heroes under the Fantastic Four/X-Men properties. X-23 should either join New X-Men, X-Force or the X-Men. While Multiple Man should just be the leader of X-Factor. Cable is better off with the X-Force. Gambit should just join the X-Men.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:23 AM   #143
SumT
Side-Kick

Why should we settle for less if we can have more?
Fox can easily have solos and team movies. We all win: they win, GA win and we win. so... where is the real problem here?............ clue: there isnt

Old 11-22-2017, 10:35 AM   #144
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Fox doing team movies isn't settling for less. If you do the math, a separate film for New Mutants, X-Force and X-Factor that could lead to a trilogy is a lot. And they still have Deadpool solos in the way. The mind set that they need to release more solos because Marvel does it is the same mind set of Sony doing a Morbious/Black & Silver/Venom solo movies when those characters should just be featured in Spider-Man movies and there's also a bunch of Batman villain solo films in the works that just seem so random. Other than the major fans here, I doubt anyone is really asking for a Gambit/Madrox film nor they were featured before in a film and were received so well that they need to branch off in a solo film like the Wolverine. Nope!

Also, you are only gonna oversaturate the CBF industry by doing these random solo films leading for the public to really cheery pick what they wanna see instead of seeing every each one of them. One day, these DC/Marvel films won't feel special anymore especially if it becomes quantity over quality. So I really hope the rights go to marvel and cancel these solo films like Remy, Laura and Jamie.

Last edited by psylockolussus; 11-22-2017 at 10:41 AM.
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:50 AM   #145
SumT
Side-Kick

well, I preffer Remy getting his own movie and becoming a real star and beloved by most of general audience, than to just appear on x-men movies being a secondary character, with just 7 min of screentime.

And just because fans or half the fanbase isnt "asking for this or that movie" doesnt mean the movie wont be great and in the long run is a smart move because the reasons I already mentioned: becoming more popular, beloved and helping the next team movies.

There is a reason why the MCU is so successful and beloved, because Marvel has explored all these characters getting their time to shine. That hasnt happened with Fox and wont happen if Fox keeps using all the fan favorite x-men in just supporting roles. If the solution to that is to do a few solo movies, Im 100% in.

And I dont care about potential saturation, this "genre" started in year 2000 and we are in 2017 and counting, so... even if saturation ends happening, it wont be this decade, but in the 20s (2021-2025 or so) so until then.... keep them coming!

Old 11-22-2017, 11:21 AM   #146
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Just do a X-Factor movie and call it a day.

Star Lord also had a mini series during the mid 2000s before joining the Gotg and Marvel Studios didn't do a Star Lord movie first.
And Fox isn’t marvel studios. They don’t need to copy them

Old 11-22-2017, 11:52 AM   #147
psylockolussus
Fierce User

I didn't say they need to copy them and it has nothing to do with the studio. it's the logical thing to do. Why do a Star Lord movie when they could do a gotg movie instead.

X-Factor > Madrox

Old 11-22-2017, 12:16 PM   #148
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
I didn't say they need to copy them and it has nothing to do with the studio. it's the logical thing to do. Why do a Star Lord movie when they could do a gotg movie instead.

X-Factor > Madrox
It’s not quite the same as Marvel owns GoTG. The movie was done in part so they could merchandise off the franchise in the form of the cartoon, video games, toys and the comics, which the team got a big push in. Marvel already had a ton of solo series so GoTG served as a 2nd team outing when the only alternative was the Avengers. Fox is in a completely different space than Marvel

If Fox follows the format of the Madrox series as the plot line, would you be happy if they called its X-factor? It’s really just a name and I feel the title is less important than the premise

Old 11-22-2017, 01:07 PM   #149
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumT View Post
well, I preffer Remy getting his own movie and becoming a real star and beloved by most of general audience, than to just appear on x-men movies being a secondary character, with just 7 min of screentime.
:
That's because of Fox's incompetence. Though with a better creative team, Gambit could easily shine in a X-Men team film. And a solo film isn't guaranteed for box office success unless this is under Marvel Studios...

Its fine if you don't care about saturation but in a decade when Fantastic Four made less than $200 million worldwide and a Justice League movie couldn't open over $100 million, I wouldn't be so sure.

Old 11-22-2017, 01:13 PM   #150
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
It’s not quite the same as Marvel owns GoTG. The movie was done in part so they could merchandise off the franchise in the form of the cartoon, video games, toys and the comics, which the team got a big push in. Marvel already had a ton of solo series so GoTG served as a 2nd team outing when the only alternative was the Avengers. Fox is in a completely different space than Marvel

If Fox follows the format of the Madrox series as the plot line, would you be happy if they called its X-factor? It’s really just a name and I feel the title is less important than the premise
If its a film featuring X-Factor and its titled as X-Factor I would be happy. If it's just Madrox and just a prelude to X-Factor, I wouldn't. Anyway IMO, a Multiple Man origin film or solo isn't needed. Its almost like releasing a solo movie for the sake of it, because Marvel has done it a lot in the past and its because solo movies are cheaper to produce than team movies based on Fox's track record in cb films.