The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's The Inhumans

View Poll Results: Are you excited about this show?
Yes 59 85.51%
No 10 14.49%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-02-2017, 10:36 AM   #51
Zarex
Side-Kick

Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Feige never would have allowed this had they been allowed to just be a movie like they shoulda been.
From what we've heard Feige had no interest in making an Inhumans film and dumped the project right after Marvel Studios split from Marvel Entertainment.

I actually think a mini-series is a better fit for super powered royal drama, but you have to bring in the right talent, take the time needed and spend the money required to put in on screen. Hopefully Marvel TV will learn from this.

Zarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 11:07 AM   #52
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 2

I am sure the movie would have been better, but at same time, I think it would have been closer to IM2 and Thor 2 than other films, mainly cause Feige was not as into the project. Seeing it Sunday, and I am expecting it to be pretty much what I thought it would be.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 11:42 AM   #53
superion
Side-Kick

I really hope this series has no tie in to any Marvel film or TV series so Marvel can pretend it never existed without messing up the continuity of the films and other series.

Maybe they can reboot it as a proper film some time in the future. Marvel needs to never hire Scott Buck for anything ever again. They should also replace Finn Jones as Iron Fist while they are at it and pretend Scott Buck never worked at Marvel.

superion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 12:11 PM   #54
AVEITWITHJAMON
Cloud kicks ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by superion View Post
I really hope this series has no tie in to any Marvel film or TV series so Marvel can pretend it never existed without messing up the continuity of the films and other series.

Maybe they can reboot it as a proper film some time in the future. Marvel needs to never hire Scott Buck for anything ever again. They should also replace Finn Jones as Iron Fist while they are at it and pretend Scott Buck never worked at Marvel.
Not seen Finn as IF yet but the rest I agree with 100%

1)Avengers: Infinity War-9.5(2)A Quiet Place-9(3)Black Panther-9(4)Deadpool 2-9(5)The Shape of Water-8.5(6)Ready Player One-8(7)Solo: A Star Wars Story-8(8)Jurassic World- Fallen Kingdom-7.5(9)Tomb Raider-7(10)Pacific Rim Uprising-7
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 12:51 PM   #55
DalekbusterFitz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by superion View Post
I hope Daisy Johnson/Quake turns up. I haven't seen episodes one and two but the negative reviews haven't put me off - it can't be that bad, surely?

DalekbusterFitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 02:20 PM   #56
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo

The whole production sounds rushed and thrown together. The only person who sounds somewhat passionate about the production is Mount.

From what I've seen and heard it really doesn't seem like the people behind this Inhumans show were particularly passionate about these characters and really interested in adapting them to a wider audience.

Say what you will about Marvel's movies but most of the time you can at least tell the people making them actually give a damn and want to make something entertaining.

Old 09-02-2017, 02:32 PM   #57
ImSGirl95
Doreen Green

So, in how many exactly theaters in the USA is this playing? It's expected to make around $2M for the whole four-days weekend domestic.

"You think of Marvel as the biggest studio in the world, but it’s really just Kevin [Feige] and his two friends... he's all about making something that entertains people but leaves you with something to think about."
ImSGirl95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 02:48 PM   #58
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalekbusterFitz View Post
I hope Daisy Johnson/Quake turns up. I haven't seen episodes one and two but the negative reviews haven't put me off - it can't be that bad, surely?
Before, people would've not wanted her in it because they thought she'd drag this series down. Now she's more likely to give it a boost and make it more interesting if she made an appearance.

Old 09-02-2017, 03:06 PM   #59
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
I've said it before, I'll say it again: this is only happening because of Permutter's ego. Anyone more sane would have canned the project once the movie was cancelled, or at least rewritten it from square one around a TV budget. But no, he's got to try and force an Inhumans movie, even if its by making a TV show with an IMAX premiere.
Eh.

The property itself isn't bad. After all it came from Fantastica Four's comic book golden age. Kevin Feige just didn't care to handle this while Marvel TV didn't hire the right people.

psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 03:11 PM   #60
Comicbookguy339
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSGirl95 View Post
So, in how many exactly theaters in the USA is this playing? It's expected to make around $2M for the whole four-days weekend domestic.
http://www.cbr.com/inhumans-expected...he-box-office/

Bad word of mouth hit it hard, now expected to make only half that.

Comicbookguy339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 03:13 PM   #61
DalekbusterFitz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Before, people would've not wanted her in it because they thought she'd drag this series down. Now she's more likely to give it a boost and make it more interesting if she made an appearance.
The negative reviews are probably going to have a lasting effect on the ratings at least in the U.S. so you may be right there.

DalekbusterFitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 03:14 PM   #62
Jason Kane
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Eh.

The property itself isn't bad. After all it came from Fantastica Four's comic book golden age. Kevin Feige just didn't care to handle this while Marvel TV didn't hire the right people.
Because he knew its sacrilege to replace the X-Men with the Inhumans. Perlmutter is no more a fool than his pal Avi regarding Venom and Sony as.a while far as doing a Spider-Man Cinematic Universe

Jason Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 03:32 PM   #63
psylockolussus
Fierce User

I don't even mind them replacing the X-Men if it means the Inhumans would get more public attention. Unless Feige was hoping to adapt the X-Mensomeday which he won't even if Dark Phoenix flops. Besides, other than Avengers/gotg most of MCU films are solos. Another franchise focusing on a group of super powered wouldn't be bad. Anyway, any Marvel property could be good with the right creative team. Marvel TV, Jeph, Scott, Rein aren't for the Inhumans.

Old 09-02-2017, 03:48 PM   #64
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I don't even mind them replacing the X-Men if it means the Inhumans would get more public attention. Unless Feige was hoping to adapt the X-Mensomeday which he won't even if Dark Phoenix flops. Besides, other than Avengers/gotg most of MCU films are solos. Another franchise focusing on a group of super powered wouldn't be bad. Anyway, any Marvel property could be good with the right creative team. Marvel TV, Jeph, Scott, Rein aren't for the Inhumans.
Scott Buck is not fit for any property. What has he ever produced that is good?

Old 09-02-2017, 03:53 PM   #65
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy339 View Post
http://www.cbr.com/inhumans-expected...he-box-office/

Bad word of mouth hit it hard, now expected to make only half that.
I was going to say they should be thrilled with two million. Now I think the box office winner last weekend was something like 10 million and this will be on considerably fewer theaters (given that it's just IMAX and not regular), but bad trailers, bad word of mouth (although not as bad as pre-release if damning with faint praise counts as praise), and a surprisingly good IT movie coming out next weekend have limited its overall chances.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 04:03 PM   #66
psylockolussus
Fierce User

It would make more than two million if they had the balls to just make a good movie. Also, not a lot of people would go to IMAX just for a 80 minute film. When I walked out from IMAX, my initial reaction was, they could have included one more episode because it was really short.

Old 09-02-2017, 04:15 PM   #67
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Have all these people really gone to see this in IMAX? It's not even an option here, so I'll wait until it shows on TV, if I even end up watching it.

Old 09-02-2017, 05:44 PM   #68
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I saw it in IMAX. And I regret it.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 07:01 PM   #69
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Obviously, I'm more positive than most people, but seeing it in IMAX is liking buying that comic you kinda like but know you should probably wait and read on Marvel Unlimited for free while knowing that, if you wait until Marvel Unlimited, it'll get cancelled after six issues.

There's no objective justification for seeing it in IMAX, but I can't say I regretted the $20 I spent overall.

Old 09-02-2017, 08:32 PM   #70
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

Sounds like it's better to just wait and see it on television, then.

NotNickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 09:08 PM   #71
legendkillin
Side-Kick

I love the MCU but have no interest in watching this. I couldn't even imagine paying to see it in Imax. I will wait to get my MCU fix when Ragnarok, Punisher, and AoS are out.

legendkillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 09:22 PM   #72
Drizzle
Senpai Goldblum

I think I'll be able to wait until this is on TV for free.

Drizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 09:27 PM   #73
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendkillin View Post
I love the MCU but have no interest in watching this. I couldn't even imagine paying to see it in Imax. I will wait to get my MCU fix when Ragnarok, Punisher, and AoS are out.
I think it's worth watching at least the first two episodes on ABC or on their website/Hulu/etc.

Old 09-03-2017, 01:42 AM   #74
psylockolussus
Fierce User

As a completist, it was worth seeing in the big screen and its probably the only time that I would see the Inhumans in the big screen.

Old 09-03-2017, 01:59 AM   #75
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendkillin View Post

This. AoS has been great for a long, long time. Punisher looks incredible from the trailer and I trust the showrunner. Thor: Ragnarok looks like what Thor: The Dark World should have been.