The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's The Inhumans

View Poll Results: Are you excited about this show?
Yes 59 85.51%
No 10 14.49%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-03-2017, 03:21 AM   #76
Zant
Side-Kick

Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
As a completist, it was worth seeing in the big screen and its probably the only time that I would see the Inhumans in the big screen.
Perlmutter desperately wanted his pet project on the big screen. He got his wish. He can retire peacefully now.

Zant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 09:48 AM   #77
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 2

Sadly, has Perlmutter ever done anything peacefully? Besides, its not like he's doing this out of love for the franchise. He only pushed Inhumans as part of his "screw Fox" plan to replace the X-Men, after all.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 11:00 AM   #78
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

If his goal is to screw over Fox, why did he agree to a co-production with Fox for The Gifted?

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 11:47 AM   #79
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zant View Post
Perlmutter desperately wanted his pet project on the big screen. He got his wish. He can retire peacefully now.
He should retire. The man is 74-years-old. He needs to step down and let somebody new take over.

Old 09-03-2017, 12:49 PM   #80
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
If his goal is to screw over Fox, why did he agree to a co-production with Fox for The Gifted?
lol, was about to say

The only reason I can think of for why this show exists is plain and simply a spinoff for/extension of Agents of Shield; to capitalize on how much that show features other inhumans. It was only a matter of time before that side of Marvel TV got to the royal family.

A wide-release cinematic take could have really merged the tv and film side more than Coulson and the Cap movies have.

Gunn_______Whedon________Kinberg
Reed________Goyer
2kt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 02:51 PM   #81
Zarex
Side-Kick

I don't know if the plan for Inhumans was to screw over anyone (other than Marvel fans). My guess is that Loeb and Ike reeeaaallly wanted to keep a Marvel presence on ABC post AOS, and a super hero royal drama that at one time was on the MCU film slate was very appealing to the (former) creative heads at the network. IMO the idea wasn't awful and could have worked with an appropriate budget and the right talent behind the scenes.

Zarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 03:30 PM   #82
Zant
Side-Kick

http://deadline.com/2017/08/disney-a...ts-1202158797/

They say they are planning a smaller and lower budget Jessica Jones type show. That's wise. They are going to have to get rid of AOS or Inhumans. Maybe even both.

Zant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 03:56 PM   #83
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

I will be seeing this tonight at like 9:50.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 05:28 PM   #84
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Highly doubt this show returns for another season.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 06:45 PM   #85
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

I don't see how they could sustain it, budget-wise given what tricks they did this season.

Old 09-03-2017, 07:30 PM   #86
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

I think that will depend on the ratings. Iron Fist is getting one despite bad critical reception. But given the IMAX performance, I lean towards no 2nd season, and maybe a few spot appearances of AoS.

Honestly, I was hoping this would do better. The IMAX distribution was a cool idea and could have allowed maybe guys like Ghost Rider to get a similar treatment. Sadly, I do not see that happening, though I still think a Ghost Rider spinoff may still happen. Just will be more like AoS or a Netflix show

Last edited by Spider-Fan; 09-03-2017 at 07:34 PM.
Old 09-03-2017, 07:48 PM   #87
PyroChamber
Not lactose, it's milk!

They're just going to keep getting cheaper and cheaper huh?

Quote:
Sometimes, it's so easy, I'm ashamed of myself.
PyroChamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 08:08 PM   #88
terry78
I don't die, fool

Marvel Entertainment has just become splintered as ****, even moreso than before Disney bought it.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 08:58 PM   #89
Darkraid
Side-Kick

Gosh, the show sucked. I really wanted to like them. But nothing actually happened in part 1 and 2. I don't get how Maximus could do a revolt against powerful Inhumans with some stupid guards. Retarded this show is.

Also there is absolutely nothing that screams iMAX.

Darkraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 12:52 AM   #90
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

I may be in the minority, but I do not hate this so far. Yeah, it had a few problems, but overall, I liked quite a bit of it.

Old 09-04-2017, 01:20 AM   #91
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkraid View Post
Gosh, the show sucked. I really wanted to like them. But nothing actually happened in part 1 and 2. I don't get how Maximus could do a revolt against powerful Inhumans with some stupid guards. Retarded this show is.

Also there is absolutely nothing that screams iMAX.
And compare that to some of the setpieces on other TV shows today and you're left with a show that by 2017 standards simply isn't up to par. A TV budget isn't an excuse since Scott Buck isn't the only showrunner constrained by one. This is something that Syfy would air and even then, some of Syfy's shows still look decent.

Old 09-04-2017, 10:23 AM   #92
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zant View Post
http://deadline.com/2017/08/disney-a...ts-1202158797/

They say they are planning a smaller and lower budget Jessica Jones type show
. That's wise. They are going to have to get rid of AOS or Inhumans. Maybe even both.
As if Jessica Jones didn't look low budget enough.

They might as well turn their networks into CBS 2 with non stop police procedurals instead of adapting Marvel properties into small budgeted shows.

psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 10:41 AM   #93
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

I honestly wish ABC/Disney had a CW type channel that could let things do its own thing. I feel ABC itself has a network brand that gives everything the sort of same cheap, generic tone (think Agents of SHIELD before episode 16).

So, according to CBM (can't post a link because this site censors it), the IMAX screening was better than the dire predictions if we're considering it as a whole and not just domestically:

Quote:
Per Box Office Mojo, in its first weekend the two-hour premiere netted 1.5 million domestically, as well as an additional 1.1 million internationally, with a cumulative total of $2.6 million dollars worldwide. While in comparison to actual, full-blown Marvel films it is certainly a pittance, but relative to other IMAX releases it's no slouch. IMAX's week-long finale for the fourth season of Game of Thrones, which aired in IMAX theaters, netted $1.5 million throughout its entire run.

Old 09-04-2017, 01:43 PM   #94
Comicbookguy339
Side-Kick

When we take into account per theatre average then the GoT season 4 finale did much better in IMAX.

GoT $1,464,932 from 205 theatres. A per theatre average of $7,146.
Inhumans $1,500,000 from 393 theatres. A per theatre average of $3,817.

And GoT was shown in IMAX 6 months after it premiered on HBO.

Btw, CBM is wrong. GoT made almost 1.89 million during its entire run from those 205 locations, the 1.5 million figure was just the opening weekend.

Last edited by Comicbookguy339; 09-04-2017 at 01:54 PM.
Comicbookguy339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 01:47 PM   #95
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

I feel like this is the least season for AOS. Ratings have been low but DVR has been just good enough to keep it getting renewed. Ratings also keep declining as Marvel put more money into the show and increase the quality. I feel like Season 5 is going to go out with a bang.

Inhumans also cost $80 million for 8 episodes but looks a whole lot cheaper thanks to Scott Buck. Too expensive to do a second season considering how awful it looks.

IMO, the best direction for ABC to go in is She-Hulk. Legal comedy with minimal action and lots of green body paint.

Old 09-04-2017, 02:12 PM   #96
DalekbusterFitz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
This. AoS has been great for a long, long time. Punisher looks incredible from the trailer and I trust the showrunner. Thor: Ragnarok looks like what Thor: The Dark World should have been.
I've always enjoyed Agents of SHIELD. They deserve a place in Infinity War.

DalekbusterFitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 02:19 PM   #97
DalekbusterFitz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
I feel like this is the least season for AOS. Ratings have been low but DVR has been just good enough to keep it getting renewed. Ratings also keep declining as Marvel put more money into the show and increase the quality. I feel like Season 5 is going to go out with a bang.

Inhumans also cost $80 million for 8 episodes but looks a whole lot cheaper thanks to Scott Buck. Too expensive to do a second season considering how awful it looks.

IMO, the best direction for ABC to go in is She-Hulk. Legal comedy with minimal action and lots of green body paint.
A She-Hulk series would be amazing. I'd travel 85 miles to see that at the nearest IMAX.

DalekbusterFitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 02:21 PM   #98
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy339 View Post
When we take into account per theatre average then the GoT season 4 finale did much better in IMAX.
Sure, but if we take into per theater average, then Inhumans was the most successful thing at the box office this weekend.

If it was comparable to Game of Thrones, that's a lot better than it was looking for awhile. Granted, they might have been smart to just show the last two episodes of GOT because it would have done better (and depending on HBO's schedule, should seriously consider the series finale for a Labor Day weekend). But 2.6 million is honestly better than I expected.

Old 09-04-2017, 03:33 PM   #99
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo

Quote:
I honestly wish ABC/Disney had a CW type channel that could let things do its own thing. I feel ABC itself has a network brand that gives everything the sort of same cheap, generic tone (think Agents of SHIELD before episode 16).

So, according to CBM (can't post a link because this site censors it), the IMAX screening was better than the dire predictions if we're considering it as a whole and not just domestically:
Freeform is supposed to be ABC's CW (targeted towards 14-34 age range). It will be interesting to see how Cloak & Dagger and New Warriors turn out. Also interesting to see how Runaways turns out on Hulu.

Old 09-04-2017, 04:23 PM   #100
topdog1
Hero For Hire

Quote:

Well, I like The Flash but the other CW DC shows are laughably bad. Cheesy bad. Certainly nothing to emulate.

Word of mouth is terrible for a reason for this Inhumans show. I warned off all my friends and family as well. Told them not to bother even on ABC. The ratings are going to tank. I hope this doesn't drag over and kill Agents of SHIELD as well. That's why you don't release two episodes of crap ahead of time in any format.