The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's The Inhumans

Old 10-23-2017, 01:45 AM   #1
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Red face "HAVOC IN THE HIDDEN LAND" - Inhumans' penultimate episode (Use Spoiler tags)

With only two episodes left this season, The Royal Family returns to Attilan and comes face-to-face with Maximus. Can a truce be reached or is all-out war inevitable? An all-new episode of “Marvel’s Inhumans” airs FRIDAY, NOV. 3 (9:01-10:01 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network.

psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 09:20 AM   #2
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Default Re: "HAVOC IN THE HIDDEN LAND" - Inhumans' penultimate episode (Use Spoiler tags)

It offends me that they stole a tag-line from a comic book that is almost certainly far better than this episode will be.

Old 10-23-2017, 10:30 AM   #3
Zarex
Side-Kick

Default Re: "HAVOC IN THE HIDDEN LAND" - Inhumans' penultimate episode (Use Spoiler tags)

I actually plucked that issue off of my local drug store's spinner rack back in the day! You had The FF, Avengers and Inhumans attending the Pietro-Crystal wedding! Which was crashed by (40 year spoiler alert) Ultron-7, inhabiting the body of the colossal Omega Android! All that for a frikkin' quarter!

Zarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 11:08 AM   #4
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
I actually plucked that issue off of my local drug store's spinner rack back in the day! You had The FF, Avengers and Inhumans attending the Pietro-Crystal wedding! Which was crashed by (40 year spoiler alert) Ultron-7, inhabiting the body of the colossal Omega Android! All that for a frikkin' quarter!
Yeah, I was about 10 when that came out. I think the FF's I remember most fondly were from about 150-200 because I was old enough to get what was going on, but young enough to still enjoy them.

Old 10-30-2017, 08:10 AM   #5
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Old 10-30-2017, 04:48 PM   #6
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Lumpkin View Post
It offends me that they stole a tag-line from a comic book that is almost certainly far better than this episode will be.
Every episode title is drawn directly from an issue. That being said, is this the crossover wedding issue with the Avengers? I found this issue to actually be disappointing.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 08:27 PM   #7
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Watching it...................apparently alone.

Old 11-03-2017, 10:03 PM   #8
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

I went to see Ragnarok tonight. I'll have to catch this tomorrow.

Old 11-04-2017, 02:38 AM   #9
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota

I saw Ragnarok again.

How was the episode? I almost always wait for HuLu the next day anyways.

Ironman=A, The Incredible Hulk=C+, Ironman 2=B-, Thor=B+, Captain America:The First Avenger=B+, The Avengers=A, Ironman 3=C+, Thor: The Dark World=B-, Captain America:The Winter Soldier=A+, Guardians of the Galaxy=A-, Avengers:Age of Ultron=B, Ant-man=B+, Captain America:Civil War=A, Doctor Strange=B+, Galaxy of the Galaxy Vol 2=B, Spider-man:Homecoming=A-, Thor:Ragnarok=A-,Black Panther=A,Avengers:Infinity War=A, Ant-man & the Wasp=?, Captain Marvel=?, TA4:??=?, ?=?
Tymminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 11:17 AM   #10
Random490
Side-Kick

I am shocked. This episode was actually pretty good. Amazing how much better the show is without the nonsensical subplots that have little to do with the actual story. The acting and action was a little better, still not great but tolerable. If the rest of the series were like this episode I would actually like it, not love just like.

Also the part were Triton goes all assassins creed was surprising awesome as was Karnak's action scene, much better than the first episode. Might be too late to save the show, maybe if the finale goes above and beyond they may be able to pull and AoS and have much greater potential for a season 2. Though, I have no hopes that will be the case.

One good episode out of seven more than I was expecting at this point.

Random490 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 12:45 PM   #11
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

I liked this episode as well. It was definitely more focused. I get what they were doing with the human subplots (it is noteworthy that Black Bolt's human subplot was less positive than the rest with one working for Maximus and the only other positive character was an Inhuman), but they felt somewhat meandering overall. The ability to just focus on the family vs. Maximus showdown raised the stakes with the subplots being quite logical.

Old 11-05-2017, 04:32 AM   #12
ludovica
Daddy Feige notice me!

I'm not as positive on this episode as you guys but at least the whole family is back together. That's a coup out I can get behind.

Black Widow, Wasp, Wanda, Valkyrie, Captain Marvel, Monica Rambeau & Black Panther for Avengers 5!

DCEU is dead, long live DCFU
DCFU optimist: Shazam!

WAKANDA FOREVAAA!!!
ludovica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 01:09 PM   #13
BestGirl
Chillin' on Dragonstone

The scene in which Maximus compared his second lonely trip into the terragenesis to his first one - during which he was surrounded by his family - was surprisingly touching.

I'm in agreement with those who thought this was a good episode. Now that we're getting to the finale important things are actually happening. So much of the plot to this point has felt like filler.

Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it’s the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters. - Greg Rucka
BestGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 02:34 PM   #14
psylockolussus
Fierce User

So right after I watched Ragnarok for the second time, I watched episode 7 of this show and couldn't believe that this show and Ragnarok have similarities. Lead villain taking control of the heroes' land. While the heroes go to another planet while they plan to defeat the lead villain and save its people. And from the promo, it looks like Attilan will be destroyed. And yet the quality of Inhumans compare to Ragnarok is just so night and day. Also the lack of connections to the other MCU properties make Inhuman less special and isolated. Unlike Ragnarok, in which Hulk, Dr. Strange and Black Widow all appeared in the film.

The episode though wasn't bad. I liked the two inhumans aren't really dead and one of them got a fight scene, though it felt such a waste for this show not to bring him earlier. Also, their bunker could have been bigger and nicer, it looked like a stock room.

Last edited by psylockolussus; 11-05-2017 at 02:41 PM.
Old 11-05-2017, 03:43 PM   #15
Random490
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
I liked this episode as well. It was definitely more focused. I get what they were doing with the human subplots (it is noteworthy that Black Bolt's human subplot was less positive than the rest with one working for Maximus and the only other positive character was an Inhuman), but they felt somewhat meandering overall. The ability to just focus on the family vs. Maximus showdown raised the stakes with the subplots being quite logical.
I have no problems with the Hawaii scenes in concept. But in execution it was awful and the choices they made with it was baffling. With a different showrunner and some better writers, or more time writing, this show could have be fun and interesting with the same plot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestGirl View Post
The scene in which Maximus compared his second lonely trip into the terragenesis to his first one - during which he was surrounded by his family - was surprisingly touching.

I'm in agreement with those who thought this was a good episode. Now that we're getting to the finale important things are actually happening. So much of the plot to this point has felt like filler.
I liked that scene too, one of the very few good moments in the show so far

Random490 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 09:01 PM   #16
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Why are there spoilers for Thor in this thread? The film has barely been out.

Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 11:11 PM   #17
Heretic
Side-Kick

All things considered...this as probably the best episode of the series. The almost complete (aside from Crystal) elimination of the "we went on a field trip and met some humans" subplots really helped.

HOWEVER...once again death has proven to be a minor, temporary setback. It drives me nuts in comics, and I'm sick of it in the MCU. If they are trying to remove any hint of drama that comes from the villains and action scenes then...great job Marvel.

ALSO...I remain 100% in the corner of Maximus. This season has given me ZERO reason to support the royal family or their plans for their people. The "root for them because their faces are on the posters" doesn't work on me. With only 1 episode remaining, I should not STILL be rooting for the "villain" to win.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 04:08 AM   #18
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Why are there spoilers for Thor in this thread? The film has barely been out.
What spoilers? The things I mentioned are already given away from the trailer and clips.

Old 11-06-2017, 05:32 AM   #19
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

I think there's at least one major spoiler that is just obvious based on you paralleling things and then referencing something for Inhumans next week.

Old 11-06-2017, 07:33 AM   #20
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
What spoilers? The things I mentioned are already given away from the trailer and clips.
And not everyone watches all the trailers and clips.

Old 11-06-2017, 10:05 AM   #21
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Trailers aren't considered as spoilers. Also anyone who read the comics know what Ragnarok means.

Old 11-06-2017, 03:01 PM   #22
BestGirl
Chillin' on Dragonstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
HOWEVER...once again death has proven to be a minor, temporary setback. It drives me nuts in comics, and I'm sick of it in the MCU. If they are trying to remove any hint of drama that comes from the villains and action scenes then...great job Marvel.
I agree with your general criticism about the MCU, but it's worth noting that Gorgon may have changed personality as a result of his terragenensis. He seemed more sinister to me, at any rate. That will be a serious consequence of death, assuming the writers allow it to stick throughout the finale.

Quote:
ALSO...I remain 100% in the corner of Maximus. This season has given me ZERO reason to support the royal family or their plans for their people. The "root for them because their faces are on the posters" doesn't work on me. With only 1 episode remaining, I should not STILL be rooting for the "villain" to win.
It's really odd that the big lesson Medusa has learned is that humans aren't all that bad. I mean, it's a good lesson and all, but Attilan's big problem is its restrictive caste system. That is what's keeping the audience from liking the royal family. I'm not sure the writers realize that, though.

Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it’s the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters. - Greg Rucka
BestGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 04:32 PM   #23
Heretic
Side-Kick

One thing that I'll give this show partial credit on is that they are kinda sorta but not really shining some light on how regular, not Inhuman-genetic people can become "gifted." They haven't done quite enough to explain it...but at least there is some shaky ground under things like "the mind gem unlocked powers in these twins" and the various "gifted" folk in Agents of SHIELD.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote