The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's The Inhumans

View Poll Results: Are you excited about this show?
Yes 59 85.51%
No 10 14.49%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2017, 12:18 PM   #276
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
The red costume from Marvel Heroes videogame.
So, flat out spandex. There's a reason nobody uses that.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 12:38 PM   #277
rebellion
Side-Kick

Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 1

after seeing the leaked trailer in full, i think its clear they didnt have enough polished footage and that's why it wasnt released.
i did like some of the sets we could get a glimpse of, like the throne room? when they're taking crystal away. that looked pretty impressive.
also the hall with karnaks fight scene looked cool.

rebellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 12:58 PM   #278
Random490
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post
The DD costume is fine. If anything, it's a little over designed...Could imagine it featuring in a Nolan Bat flick.
I believe it was designed by the same person who did most of the MCU. It certainly fits the design aesthetics of the rest of the MCU

Random490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 02:21 PM   #279
Inhuman117
Side-Kick

no surprise the upfront trailer wasnt released official yet because it loocked unfinished http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/05/inh...er-poster.html

Old 05-23-2017, 11:33 PM   #280
legendkillin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
You just know that Marvel is regretting this. This show looks to be DOA
Doubt it makes a dent in their wallet. This show sucking has no impact on the movies just like Agent Carter sucking.

I view the shows as separate parts, I think most do. The shows are around as extra content they barely mention the movie events. They rarely call characters by their actual names example Hulk usually called the Green Guy. Cap was referred to as the flag waver or something. The movies will never reference the ABC or Netflix shows, audiences are too small and the shows don't matter.

legendkillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 05:59 AM   #281
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Frankly, the only group that I think really has anything riding on its success is IMAX. They're the ones fronting the money for a big experiment in the way TV and movies interact. Maybe you could argue ABC has regrets. But Marvel Entertainment probably doesn't. They might be disappointed if it doesn't succeed. But it's not like the movies where they front the production costs and only make money if it makes money. In the TV world, the TV side pays for it first.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 09:51 AM   #282
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

After the costumes were a big let-down, the leaked trailer has me optimistic again.

While I don't expect it to match the quality of a film, the scale and scope seem beyond just about any TV show I've seen - it looks more epic than the Marvel Netflix shows, for example.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this could be a game-changer. I don't see any theoretical reason why a high-quality network show couldn't be just as profitable (if not more) than a high-quality HBO, Showtime or Netflix show.

Unlike subscription services, the revenue for a network show can be directly tied to popularity - if more people like the show, advertisers will pay more to air their commercials. And a high quality network show can also make money on home video (Blu-ray, digital HD etc). And in this case, they're adding IMAX tickets to the revenue pool.

I'm really hoping this could be the start of a brave new world with Marvel leading the charge to make network programming relevant again with bigger and better shows like we've ever seen before.

How great would it be if we could get long-form Marvel stories that had visuals that were at least vaguely comparable to the films?

I had always thought the Inhumans were too much. That unlike street-level heroes like Daredevil and Luke Cage they couldn't be done on a TV budget.

I'm really hoping they prove me (and everyone else who had similar concerns) wrong, because then the fun could really begin.

Old 05-24-2017, 10:47 AM   #283
Mars452
Side-Kick

This looks really bad. Scott Buck strikes again, I guess.

Just trailer vs. trailer, the non-Buck Netflix shows walk all over this one in terms of shot composition and imagery. I feel like a good 3/4ths of the video was closeups of the characters doing nothing in very tight quarters, including lots of walking abnormally slowly down hallways.

The Netflix trailers also highlight the internal conflict to be faced by the central character (Matt and the line between the law and justice, Jessica as a survivor of abuse) and not just the external conflict.

Maybe it'll be revealed that this is a scrapped trailer that was never intended for release, because if this is the 56 seconds of footage deemed the best to sell this series to an audience the rest of the show is going to be dire. Also, this network TV looking stuff is going to look 10 times worse blown up onto an IMAX screen.

Also, are both females in the main cast getting damseled in the trailer? Because that's not promising.

Mars452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 11:23 AM   #284
rebellion
Side-Kick

it wasn't released for a reason. the footage clearly wasn't ready so they just decided to keep these bits for upfronts only.
but why be reasonable when you can be a drama queen?

Old 05-24-2017, 11:35 AM   #285
Mars452
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebellion View Post
it wasn't released for a reason. the footage clearly wasn't ready so they just decided to keep these bits for upfronts only.
but why be reasonable when you can be a drama queen?
The problems I have with the trailer aren't problems that can be fixed in post-production. Note that I didn't say anything about the iffy VFX.

Again, it's possible that the people who cut this trailer were just astonishingly incompetent and its actually concealing a good, well shot show. On the other hand: Scott Buck.

Mars452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 12:25 PM   #286
rebellion
Side-Kick

it is obvious it was rushed and put together just to have SOMETHING to show.
doesn't even look graded properly, from what i can see.

so i will wait and hold my judgement until a proper trailer debuts.

also, after seeing the trailer for GoT S7, my expectations for this are high.
they have pretty much the same budget and GoT looks just beautiful.

Old 05-24-2017, 07:55 PM   #287
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
So, flat out spandex. There's a reason nobody uses that.
No have you seen Black Panther's costume. It should look like it but red.

psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 03:12 AM   #288
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo

Spider-Man movies use spandex like designs and everyone likes them. Each suit cost thousands of dollars though and they make multiple suits.

Old 05-25-2017, 03:00 PM   #289
Random490
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
No have you seen Black Panther's costume. It should look like it but red.
You mean completely replace it with cgi? While there was a practical suit worn on set every frame of the costume in Civil War is cgi to make it look as good as possible. Just keeping things in perspective.

Old 05-25-2017, 03:02 PM   #290
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random490 View Post
You mean completely replace it with cgi? While there was a practical suit worn on set every frame of the costume in Civil War is cgi to make it look as good as possible. Just keeping things in perspective.
I thought it's his head that has been replaced by CGI, not his entire body. They wanted his head to be smaller, because the helmet/ mask appeared bulkier when on a human.

Old 05-25-2017, 04:46 PM   #291
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Shoulders were definitely baggie on the stunt costume. At least that was changed via CGI.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 05:48 PM   #292
Random490
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I thought it's his head that has been replaced by CGI, not his entire body. They wanted his head to be smaller, because the helmet/ mask appeared bulkier when on a human.
The main reason was to add a shine to the costume to make the fact that it was made from vibranium more apparent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
Shoulders were definitely baggie on the stunt costume. At least that was changed via CGI.
Yeah the effects made the costume(which doesn't look awful) look a lot more skin tight than it actually was. Still I'm sure a ton of money than an ABC show probably couldn't afford was thrown at the practical suit.

Old Yesterday, 06:27 AM   #293
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random490 View Post
The look of it, not CGI.

psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote