The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Old 05-24-2017, 05:54 PM   #426
TX85
Monster Slasher

Default Re: The Thread of Injustice

Oh and anyone think this new character from the prequel comic will be dlc or being saved for Injustice 3?

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

TX85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 07:16 PM   #427
CB Fan
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX85 View Post
Oh and anyone think this new character from the prequel comic will be dlc or being saved for Injustice 3?

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I can't see that going over well with people if one of the dlcs is a completely new character.

Old 05-24-2017, 07:18 PM   #428
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Fan View Post
I can't see that going over well with people if one of the dlcs is a completely new character.
I dont think Boon cares. He does what he wants

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 07:30 PM   #429
TX85
Monster Slasher

Wasn't one of the female dlc characters for MK9 a brand new character?

Old 05-24-2017, 07:39 PM   #430
Juan1193
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX85 View Post
Wasn't one of the female dlc characters for MK9 a brand new character?
Yeah Skarlet was technically a new character but she had been a rumored character since MK2.

Juan1193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 10:29 PM   #431
Havok83
Side-Kick

God Wonder Woman is so damn unlikeable in this game. With all the characters that were killed off, I was hoping she'd be one

I just beat the game and WTH? Why the heck would they end it on a cliffhanger. I cant recall a fighter doing something like this. Its either going to be followed into the comics or the next game presumably 4 years from now. DLC to wrap up the story would suck and not a practice I support

Old 05-24-2017, 10:34 PM   #432
terry78
I'm from Gary, bish

Because they need a story for part 3.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 11:57 PM   #433
TX85
Monster Slasher

It depends which ending is canon for Injustice 3. Batman's ending is not really a cliffhanger and actually kinda similar to the first game's ending .

I'm hoping Flash goes back in time and changes things at the very start of the next game and so these endings wouldn't matter.

Old 05-25-2017, 07:53 AM   #434
TheDarkKnight_NL
Side-Kick

For those interested, created a SHH guild on Xbox One.
Feel free to join to do some challenges together to get some motherboxes

ID: A05YX

TheDarkKnight_NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:20 AM   #435
_Superman_
Man Of Steel

Personally I am mixed about the story and really mixed if I'll buy the next game if they do make a new one. I thought this game would've been the perfect game to redeem Superman and they just ruined it IMO. Second I think that it is wrong that they think Superman would go off the deep end regarding the death of Lois and it wouldn't effect Batman in some way. I mean if anything I would think this game should've turned more out like Kingdom Come or with Batman shouldering some of the blame and guilt.

_Superman_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:56 AM   #436
CB Fan
The Watcher

This supermen will never be redeemed nor should he be, he killed Green Arrow, Lex, Shazam, and arranged Alfred's death for crying out loud. I like the story but that said I think it's time to move on in the next game to another universe.

Last edited by CB Fan; Yesterday at 11:02 AM.
CB Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:33 AM   #437
X Knight
Phantom Knight

the only redemption arc that would fit for this Superman would be him sacrificing himself to defeat Brainiac, with Supergirl then taking his place as the "Super" of this Earth.

Old Yesterday, 11:42 AM   #438
Nathan

I just can never see this Superman returning from the brink, after all the **** he's pulled.

Old Yesterday, 11:52 AM   #439
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Superman_ View Post
Second I think that it is wrong that they think Superman would go off the deep end regarding the death of Lois
I think they gave us a pretty convincing scenario. Maybe if Joker would have simply murdered Lois, it would have been different. But Joker managed to make Superman kill Lois with his very own hands, also killing his unborn child. And he also rigged an atomic bomb to go off, the moment Lois' heartbeat stopped. So in a span of seconds, Superman killed Lois, his unborn child and millions of civilians.

That can make a person go crazy.

Old Yesterday, 02:05 PM   #440
CB Fan
The Watcher

^ Right. I also hope they keep what he did to Superboy and the titans canon cause I'd love to see how Cyborg reacts to that once Starfire and the others come back into play.

Old Yesterday, 02:25 PM   #441
Mister J
One Pill Makes You Magic
SHH! Global Moderator

Yeah, I was on the Superman redemption train as I made my way through the story. Then , well, not so much. I believe it was just something I wanted rather than a real outcome within the context of the story. Hell, what he did to Billy in the first game pretty much nixes that.

I'm gathering that premier skins/shaders available through the Ultimate Edition are going to continue to be pick and choose rather than everything. So, I'm debating plunking down some of these hard to come by (yet otherwise useless) Source Crystals on Jay Garrick and Mr. Freeze. It'd be nice to have some clarity on if some of this stuff will eventually be free under a UE purchase.

So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there’s always madness. Madness is the emergency exit… you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… forever.
Mister J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:31 PM   #442
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Fan View Post
^ Right. I also hope they keep what he did to Superboy and the titans canon cause I'd love to see how Cyborg reacts to that once Starfire and the others come back into play.
I haven't read the entire comic run. What did he do to Superboy?

Old Yesterday, 03:24 PM   #443
CB Fan
The Watcher

Quote:
After Superman started his brutal crusade against criminals after the destruction of Metropolis and the death of Lois, Superboy, alongside Red Robin, Wonder Girl and Starfire attempted to stop Superman with a Phantom Zone projector, however, Superman defeated him and left him mortally wounded. Superman then told the surviving Titans to get Superboy and themselves into Phantom Zone to save his life and to keep themselves from interfering with his plans, reluctantly, they complied and entered the Phantom Zone.
So Clark broke Connors sternum and his ribs also causing a puncture in his heart. Tells the titans if they want to superboy to live they all need to go to the phantom zone until Clark was ready for them to be released. Oh yeah and he nearly caused the death of Black Canary (saved just in time by Dr. Fate) and the Atlanteans as well. There is no redemption for this universes Superman.

Old Yesterday, 03:43 PM   #444
The Shape
In the shadows

Nor should this Superman be redeemed. These games are called "Injustice" for a reason. It's all one big Elseworlds tale with plenty of characters who are presented differently than in the comic book canon, and who are seemingly acting out of character. Unlikely alliances, unlikely match-ups, with unlikely/unexpected outcomes when compared to what DC fans are used to.

I mean, it's pretty much the entire story concept of the series. So if some people can't except a Superman (among other characters) who has gone far over the edge and done terrible things, I don't know what to tell them, other than to ignore the story and just enjoy playing as various DC characters who are beating the **** out of each other for no reason.

Old Yesterday, 07:49 PM   #445
Broseph44
Witness Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
Nor should this Superman be redeemed. These games are called "Injustice" for a reason. It's all one big Elseworlds tale with plenty of characters who are presented differently than in the comic book canon, and who are seemingly acting out of character. Unlikely alliances, unlikely match-ups, with unlikely/unexpected outcomes when compared to what DC fans are used to.

I mean, it's pretty much the entire story concept of the series. So if some people can't except a Superman (among other characters) who has gone far over the edge and done terrible things, I don't know what to tell them, other than to ignore the story and just enjoy playing as various DC characters who are beating the **** out of each other for no reason.
Thank you, this is an else worlds story. I dunno what some are expecting from these characters.

Broseph44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:21 PM   #446
TX85
Monster Slasher

If Earth One characters were in this like in the first game, there would probably be less backlash or something. They need to be a 2nd wave dlc(I doubt there are among the 9)

Speaking of different earths, what universe is this Green Arrow from? I don't think he's from prime.

The storyline doesn't bother me either though. first game made it clear that this is an alternate universe. However, I wouldn't mind going to a new universe for Injustice 3 or that the Flash resets this one

Old Today, 12:06 AM   #447
Havok83
Side-Kick

My god, Brainiac is Shao Khan levels of annoying. I cant count how many times Ive gotten him down to a sliver of health and he manages to win anyway. His one move that takes off half your health bar is just brutal

Old Today, 01:19 AM   #448
TX85
Monster Slasher

Yup. I want to cut off those damn tentacles

Last edited by TX85; Today at 01:26 AM.
Old Today, 03:44 AM   #449
zenith16
Side-Kick

Static Was Almost A Playable Character In Injustice 2

INJUSTICE 2 Concept Art Reveals That We Nearly Got Static In The VideoGame1 day ago
Injustuce 2 has scored overwhelmingly positive reviews and a big part of that is the massive roster of DC characters. However, some were left on the shelf and we have a first look at one of them...
Read more
Quote:

Injustuce 2 has scored overwhelmingly positive reviews and a big part of that is the massive roster of DC characters. However, some were left on the shelf and we have a first look at one of them...

Despite the fact that Injustice 2 has a massive roster of iconic DC Comics characters, there are inevitably some who didn't make the final cut that fans would have loved to see. Among them was Static, a hero who was exposed to a mutagenic gas that swept his city of Dakota that gave him and other "bang babies" superpowers. With the ability to control electromagnetism, the fan-favourite hero later joined the roster of the Teen Titans and continues to protect his city while serving on the team.

Static was a playable character in the Injustice: Gods Among Us mobile game, so it's particularly disappointing that he's been left out of the sequel. No explanation for why that is has been revealed.

Of course, he is a little on the obscure side when compared to many of the other characters in the game, and Injustice 2 character designer Marco Nelor had this to say about not seeing Static in the final cut. "So sad about this one. He was all cleaned up and ready to go, but unfortunately Static didn’t make the cut for #injustice2 … damn. I had him all worked out too. Oh well. Enjoy!" Thoughts?

source:
CBM

Last edited by zenith16; Today at 03:50 AM.
zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote