The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Game of Thrones

Old 07-12-2018, 02:53 PM   #476
Drizzle
I got my cake.

Default Re: Game of Thrones General (Non-Book Related) Discussion Thread - Part 1

FINALLY they give Nikolaj Coster-Waldau some Emmy recognition since he was snubbed for season 3.

Drizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 03:52 PM   #477
MaceB
Side-Kick

Default Re: Game of Thrones General (Non-Book Related) Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragon6 View Post
I did too, i'm shocked it took almost 3 WHOLE season for people to get connected to the show. I was puled in as early as the first season, what sold me was when i saw Dany getting her dragons at the end of season 1. And Sam encountering the undead hoard in season 2. And even before then their was Black Water.
I thought it had potential... but it was difficult to follow that first season. I didn't know who Jon Arryn was. I guess Lysa Arryn's opinion can't be trusted... cause she is in grief? But like, Its not like I knew her and how hysterical a woman she was. There was a million and one examples like that. The show engaged in a lot of world building right from the getgo, and it took some time for me to be into it. I like watching Season 1 now, because I can appreciate all the context. Scenes like with the dead dire wolf and the black stag now have a lot more meaning, because I know the players, and the sigils, etc.

This was the scene when I really got invested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k_HWCIT8nY

MaceB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 07:02 PM   #478
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Season 1 showed us a scene in which Lysa was breastfeeding her son who looked to be around 10 years old. Not much else needed to be known about her to know that she wasnt playing with a full deck.

Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 12:13 AM   #479
MaceB
Side-Kick

It's just an example, of which there are many. There are a lot situations that are just referenced, but very important. The way Ned's father and brother died. The mad king. John Aaryn, Little Finger's boyhood attachment to Catelyn, the Hound's scars, the Greyjoy rebellion, etc. etc. A dizzying amount of details to remember. That's fine... it's just that the payoff comes later in the show. Theon's upbringing is a great example. The show mentions that Theon isn't a Stark and that his father had a failed rebellion... but that only feels like trivia in Season 1. World building, world building, world building. It's not until later that that plot point bares fruit and we see why it matters so much.

Last edited by MaceB; 07-19-2018 at 12:22 AM.
MaceB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 07:55 AM   #480
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragon6 View Post
I did too, i'm shocked it took almost 3 WHOLE season for people to get connected to the show. I was puled in as early as the first season, what sold me was when i saw Dany getting her dragons at the end of season 1. And Sam encountering the undead hoard in season 2. And even before then their was Black Water.

I think HBO should have but down some extra money to show the actual battle at The Fist of The First Men to help casuals stay engaged for what's to come. Instead they jut sho the grim march back to Caster's keep. Interestingly enough i think Hardhome saved season 5 for a lot of people.
I loved the first episode and it had a great hook at the end. And the next few episodes were also a great follow up. They got me early!

It would have been nice to have an even bigger budget for certain scenes, sure.

Old 07-25-2018, 12:43 PM   #481
Drizzle
I got my cake.

https://www.thewrap.com/game-of-thro...-half-of-2019/

Ohhhhh, I really hope they don't mean June.

Drizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 01:36 PM   #482
Marvolo
Side-Kick

At this point I'm I'm thinking March.

Old 08-02-2018, 03:27 PM   #483
Morg
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

https://fox4kc.com/2018/08/01/game-o...r-just-656000/

Now you can own a GOT castle, just need a ton of money first

Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 02:04 AM   #484
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Season 7 Finale script says Viserion was made into an Ice Dragon like the Night King turns babies into White Walkers.

Quote:
But then a stranger sound comes from the north. Tormund looks to the sky, and sees a mote on the horizon, coming in fast.

Very fast.

It’s moving so fast we don’t get a clear look at it or the NIGHT KING on its back before it is upon us...

EXT. EASTWATCH, NORTH SIDE OF THE WALL

...hitting the Wall with a blast of blue flame.

Bran’s meaningful birds take flight.

A massive chunk of the Wall breaks free ahead of Tormund. The ice dragon glides away, and we get our first clear look at him, and at the Night King on his back. He’s done the same thing to Viserion that he did to Craster’s sons. Only those were babies, and this is a dragon.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/a-game-of-th...big-1828235752
That would mean Viserion isn't a mindless wight. He is a thinking White Walker Dragon just like the white walker humans.

Explains why the Night King touched Viserion. I didn't pay much attention to that when the episode aired, but that's how he turned the babies. He had to touch them. Unlike with wights which he can raise without touching.

I guess it makes sense. Dragons are very intelligent. Turning one into a mindless wight would waste that intelligence. But by turning him into a White Walker type dragon that can function like the other white walkers he'd be even more formidable.

The Most Astounding Fact (Neil deGrasse Tyson, HD):
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Last edited by Marvolo; 08-10-2018 at 02:09 AM.