The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 09-16-2014, 06:54 PM   #801
I Am The Knight
You came back to dance?

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - Part 151

Hmmm, I think the trilogy should be left alone. Otherwise the whole cafe thing loses the power it has with the people who liked it most, no? Besides, I don't think there's any more story to tell.

I Am The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:56 PM   #802
titansupes
Side-Kick

Yeah, returning in any way would be counter-productive to the story as a whole.

titansupes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 09:05 PM   #803
shauner111
Side-Kick

In the end, i agree.

Im just entertaining the idea of Nolan/Bale announcing some return, because like they always say, never say never.

Im perfectly satisfied with the trilogy. The only way to bring Bruce back would be to do it for money and not for story. Though im genuinely surprised that WB had/has no motivation to get a JGL spin-off off the ground, since Levitt is a hot talent in Hollywood that every director seems to want to work with. I guess the concept of Justice League going up against Marvel was much more exciting for WB in the long run than some one-off.

I suppose there's a charm to imagining Blake's future as well as Bruce's, instead of showing it for the sake of pumping out more sequels for cash. I just wish somebody at DC would greenlight a graphic novel series based on this universe and its gaps in time. Im sure Nolan and Heath's family would love the idea.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 11:58 PM   #804
JackWhite
Third Man

Had Heath lived I think Nolan would have done more of the Batman/Joker motifs from The Dark Knight Returns in TDKR like Joker all of a sudden coming out of a coma after hearing Batman has returned on the scene. I never really bought into Nolan and Bale coming back 20-30 years to do another film, especially when TDKRises was very reminiscent of TDKReturns anyways. I think Bale would be far more inclined to return to the character than Nolan, but he wouldn't anyways unless Nolan was involved, so yeah.

But as much as I would love to see Bale back in the Bat-suit again, it's extremely comforting and makes me feel proud as a fan of Batman and Nolan's trilogy knowing this trilogy could actually stay untouched. Just think about that for a minute. That will definitely enhance the three films within the trilogy to stand the test of time even more.

JackWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 12:05 AM   #805
JackWhite
Third Man

Oh Shauner, a graphic novel telling the events between the TDK and TDKR would be amazing. Batman hunted, taking down the remnants of the mob and whatever freaks might have tried to rise up because of the antics started by the Joker. Bruce exhausting himself on the clean energy project and as Batman by night, all culminating to the Dent Act rendering him not needed. I'd freaking love that. But knowing Nolan he'd probably not want that. Shattered....dreams....

Old 09-17-2014, 12:21 AM   #806
shauner111
Side-Kick

Yeah it will become a legend more and more with each passing decade if it stays untouched. We're more likely to see sci-fi, aliens, horror in the next 10 or 15 years. Even longer with various Batman movies. So the trilogy will also gain this legend for being so stripped down in comparison.

I do enjoy the fact that i have a boxset in front of me that has the trilogy and nothing needs to be added to it. Like Nolan says, a story that has a beginning, middle and end. Begins: Act 1. Knight: Act 2. Rises: Act 3.

I gotta take this time to tell everybody, haters especially, why i give you guys so much **** when you put down Rises. Or tell me that it would be more of a satisfying "batman movie" if we didnt get TDKR but instead got a cool story that shows Batman active, in his prime, shortly after the events of Dark Knight. The reason why i get so defensive is because of what it means to me personally. I understand that Trav, and others have zero connection to it but i do. Bruce's character arc is very inspirational to me in my life and constantly makes me realize that i should never stay in a dark place for too long because any person can rise out of that. To see better things, positivity, and to guide your own life at any time you see fit. That's why i give some of you a hard time and i apologize now for it. Not saying it won't happen again (SOMEBODY HAS TO BE THAT GUY). But it all comes down to this as a fan of movies and batman too: Im more grateful that i got this movie which left me filled with inspiration than a cool batman movie showing him in his prime or something, carrying on the crusade in the most classic Bat-Accuracy you can imagine.

There's always time for batman movies where he never ends his crusade. Or when they spend 60 percent of the film concentrating on his detective side . Or better yet, time for new directors to show the hippest CG and ninja flips you've ever seen in your life. And ill be right there enjoying that stuff too. Nolan took the time, because at some point, someone had to....to treat Bruce Wayne like a real person in our world and not straight off the page of a comic where he can somehow endure the physical strains of being Batman night-in/night-out for 20 years. No breaks. Nolan gave something special to me & a segment of fans who wanted to see Bruce get rewarded. Some don't want that but im happy i got to see it at least once.

Old 09-17-2014, 12:35 AM   #807
JackWhite
Third Man

Very well said, Shauner. We might not all agree on the same things, especially with TDKR, but I do love how passionate we all are here. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Old 09-17-2014, 01:06 AM   #808
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

The trilogy should be left as is. There are shortcomings in TDKR but that hasn't stopped me from watching it well over 10 times now.

I've lost track the amount of times I've seen BB and TDK as well.

I'm pumped to see Affleck as Batman but this trilogy for me will be the pinnacle achievement of the Batman franchise on almost any form of media.

I know something equally incredible may come in times ahead but I honestly feel the whole trilogy should be placed in the US film registry in the next 20 years.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 08:46 AM   #809
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
The trilogy should be left as is. There are shortcomings in TDKR but that hasn't stopped me from watching it well over 10 times now.

I'm pumped to see Affleck as Batman but this trilogy for me will be the pinnacle achievement of the Batman franchise on almost any form of media.

I know something equally incredible may come in times ahead but I honestly feel the whole trilogy should be placed in the US film registry in the next 20 years.
Wow. Very nice words. The more i read stuff like this, the more i agree that it should left as is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhite View Post
Very well said, Shauner. We might not all agree on the same things, especially with TDKR, but I do love how passionate we all are here. I wouldn't have it any other way.
Thanks man. Yeah we gotta love the passion.

Quote:
Oh Shauner, a graphic novel telling the events between the TDK and TDKR would be amazing. Batman hunted, taking down the remnants of the mob and whatever freaks might have tried to rise up because of the antics started by the Joker. Bruce exhausting himself on the clean energy project and as Batman by night, all culminating to the Dent Act rendering him not needed. I'd freaking love that. But knowing Nolan he'd probably not want that. Shattered....dreams....
If it was done by the right people over at DC, with Jonathan Nolan...it would be so exciting.

Quote:
Had Heath lived I think Nolan would have done more of the Batman/Joker motifs from The Dark Knight Returns in TDKR like Joker all of a sudden coming out of a coma after hearing Batman has returned on the scene.
Some feel like it would be a completely different story. I dont. Nolan wasn't going to come back to just repeat TDK and do another film with Joker as the main threat. I think it would just be a better Rises. With some Joker motifs from Returns, like you mentioned. A couple of scenes here and there.

Old 09-17-2014, 09:50 AM   #810
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Good point craigdbfan, I too think the trilogy should (and probably will) end up getting placed in the US Film Registry. TDK and TDKR especially for being such pioneers in incorporating IMAX photography into Hollywood moviemaking.

At the moment, purely technically speaking- in terms of sheer resolution, The Dark Knight Rises is the best looking movie to ever come out of Hollywood. Pretty cool when you think about it. There are conflicting reports on whether Interstellar tops the amount of IMAX footage.

We're at an interesting crossroads in that I'm sure if enough time and money went into it, we'd get to a place where we'd have the technology to shoot entire films on IMAX 70mm. The problem is, most of the IMAX projectors are going to be gone very soon, so it begs the question of why develop the technology if the presentation isn't going to be able to live up to it anyway? Even with influential directors like Nolan and Abrams fighting to film, the tide is just too strong to reverse at this point. Still though, being that it's a "film" registry, from a historical perspective the two sequels belong in there for being the two commercial films to most prominently carry the torch for film as a medium, and take it to new heights in the midst of the digital age.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 12:12 PM   #811
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Sony is more promising? Sony is a joke and they have no idea what they're doing. Too many chefs in the kitchen messing with the formula, and now even Garfield is dissing them. Their spin-offs are just a desperate attempt to compete with Marvel with movies that will most likely bomb big time. Nobody wants to see a Black Cat movie or a team of whacky villains, other than a certain percentage of the Spider-Man fanbase. The franchise will be forced to reboot in the next few years mark my words.

An older Batfleck is not kick starting the universe. A young Superman is. And 4 films with the new Batman is enough, plus spin-offs. DC/WB have a more promising plan than Sony or Fox.

As for Nolan/Bale...

Yeah i agree with a lot of you guys that Rises was Nolan's take on Returns. And whatever else he didn't use from that classic, will be used in Batman v Superman and probably a solo Batfleck film (older Joker). They also gave us a perfect ending too.

But like Batlobster says, things change. A decade passes or more, and you got 4 more films being released by Christopher Nolan, not including Interstellar. Something like that, within the next 10 years. I do think the best thing to do would have been a Jonathan Nolan script for a Catwoman prequel or Nightwing/Batman movie. Especially a JGL film which could be directed by someone outside of Nolan (Levitt himself? Rian Johnson after Star Wars?). Unfortunately they'll probably do a real Nightwing/Grayson spin-off instead. A film like that could be done in 10 years if they wanted. Bale could do a few scenes with Hathaway and Oldman can be a big character.

At this point that's the only logical thing that comes to mind. The Joker isn't returning, no matter how you spice it up with a recast. And Nolan won't direct unless Snyder's universe starts bombing. But remember folks, Bale will be always be ready to return to the cowl if Nolan gives him the greenlight. Chris needs to do a bunch of other films, especially
original ideas, but maybe once that's out of his system, anything is possible.
Sony copying Marvel? Alex Kurtzman (and Bryan Singer) acknowledged that you can't beat Marvel at their own game. Why do you think WB are throwing every f***ing hero in the DC rouster in the film? They're playing catch up with Marvel instead of just doing their own thing and building up universe. Now every studio has been pragmatic, even Marvel with Ant-Man and the Iron Man 3 twist fiasco but the other studio's films are not
pragmatic.
It's Man Of Steel 2, lol it's Batman and Superman meeting for the first time,
Bale will be back and have some connection to the trilogy... No wait Bale will not be back, it's a new Batman, Oh Wonder Woman is in it... Oh and so will the rest of the super friends... Yea it's called Dawn Of Justice because it will set up Justice Leauge. Not to mention that aside from the MOS cast, all the casting has been controversal (particularly Affleck and I actually love his casting). Not to mention basing a new Bat-Franchise on a one shot interpretation purely for the sake of being different. The only overly postive thing I have seen from BvS is the Batsuit and Batmobile (though I personally don't like the suit I am not everybody like everyone here claims to be). Perhaps the fact that it's a sequel to a popular movie is a good thing too (even if critics were mixed, again they are only a very tiny sample out of millions who saw it... And I actually agreed with them lol).

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
The Sinister Six- The album
Doc Ock Green Goblin Rhino Kraven Mysterio
Featuring hits like "lol haters, we aint giveing up the rights" "Forget you, Sam Raimi" "Marc Webb aint my daddy" "Hey WB, we made a female superhero movie!"

Hitting a store near you in 2016!
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 01:34 PM   #812
shauner111
Side-Kick

No.

Sony is copying Marvel. TASM was darker in tone because of Begins being an origin story reboot. Then Avengers happens and the sequel is lighter than anything. Back to the Raimi tone. Then they announce Sinister Six (a villain team-up movie doesn't make sense without Spidey), a Venom movie with Carnage apparently (how does Eddie Brock become Venom without Spidey?), a Black Cat movie. It doesn't make sense. It's only happening to play catch up with Marvel.

Yes, WB are throwing in every hero on the roster i agree. But they're not doing it Marvel style. They ARE doing it their way, by not building the universe and then putting each character together for a larger team-up. They're reversing it. So i dont know how you can say it's the same. At least the concept behind a Batman v Superman or Justice League actually makes sense unlike Sonys dumb ideas. They're the worst thing on the planet, God i can't wait til Spidey gets bought by Marvel and Sony eventually goes down the drain. Nothing they do is good these days.

Old 09-17-2014, 02:35 PM   #813
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

I don't know why studios can't have faith in directors, they way WB had faith in Nolan.

Pick a director and let them do their thing. They only picked Webb because he was flavour of the month after (500) Days of Summer and is quite adept at relationship stuff.

I'm in no way comparing Webb to Nolan, but seeing Webb's undiluted version of Spider-Man would have been more interesting than the piecemeal studio versions. Success OR failure, it would have been a more stimulating experience.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Pfeiffer-Pfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 02:44 PM   #814
JackWhite
Third Man

The Nolan thing is like a once in awhile occurrence. I agree, it's a damn shame the studios won't have more faith in a director's untainted vision more often.

Old 09-17-2014, 02:52 PM   #815
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
I don't know why studios can't have faith in directors, they way WB had faith in Nolan.

Pick a director and let them do their thing. They only picked Webb because he was flavour of the month after (500) Days of Summer and is quite adept at relationship stuff.

I'm in no way comparing Webb to Nolan, but seeing Webb's undiluted version of Spider-Man would have been more interesting than the piecemeal studio versions. Success OR failure, it would have been a more stimulating experience.
I agree. Ant-Man is going through the same crap. Why not let Edgar Wright do his thing, it will be unique, interesting, fun and make money. They have no faith and they're control freaks. Now it's going to be a watered down version of what Wright would have done probably.

Old 09-17-2014, 02:57 PM   #816
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

To be fair to Marvel, James Gunn and The Russos (and Shane Black too regardless of your opinion on the final product) seemed to have a lot of creative control on their respective movies, even though they still exist under the umbrella of a unified cinematic universe with certain parameters.

Sony is another matter altogether.

And to WB's credit, they took a huge roll of the dice on Burton too, so Nolan wasn't the first 'visionary' they entrusted with the keys to the kingdom so to speak.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 04:37 PM   #817
shauner111
Side-Kick

Well, maybe Marvel should have stepped in and told Shane Black to screw off with his horrible ideas lol.

Old Yesterday, 09:09 PM   #818
Alex Logan
Yes, Mr. Smith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post
I did?
Yep.

Alex Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:13 PM   #819
Alex Logan
Yes, Mr. Smith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post
Hmmm, I think the trilogy should be left alone. Otherwise the whole cafe thing loses the power it has with the people who liked it most, no? Besides, I don't think there's any more story to tell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
Yeah, returning in any way would be counter-productive to the story as a whole.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post

There are shortcomings in the whole trilogy and most of the shortcomings in the TDKR are due to the two films that came before it.

Alex Logan is offline   Reply With Quote