The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > Marvel Comics

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2012, 06:07 PM   #701
runawayboulder
2016 NFL Pick Em CHAMP
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On the edge
Posts: 19,833
Default Re: The Official Stupid Question Thread: Marvel Edition - Part 3

Nah man, that ended over a year ago. It was bi-monthly and might had hit a delay at some point but it wrapped up.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
This is a message board...no one killed your mother or had sex with your dog.....try to move on in life.
runawayboulder is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 02:08 PM   #702
Artistsean
Monkey Boy
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 7,265
Default Re: The Official Stupid Question Thread: Marvel Edition - Part 3

I just read Children's Crusade... a while ago, and I would like to follow up on what happened to the Young Avengers, Scott Lang, and Scarlet Witch after that story. What should I read?

Artistsean is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 02:44 PM   #703
javi1024
DANGER ZONE!
 
javi1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Bruno, CA
Posts: 4,432
Default Re: The Official Stupid Question Thread: Marvel Edition - Part 3

From what I understand Scarlet Witch's following appearance is AvX.

__________________
Wolverine: "I got one. Domino or Psylocke?"

Nightcrawler: ".....British or Japanese Psylocke?"
javi1024 is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 02:49 PM   #704
Jordacar
The Endless One
 
Jordacar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 5,533
Default Re: The Official Stupid Question Thread: Marvel Edition - Part 3

AvX #0 to be precise

Jordacar is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 03:37 PM   #705
Specter313
Ghost of all things X
 
Specter313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 6ft. under
Posts: 36,179
Default Re: The Official Stupid Question Thread: Marvel Edition - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artistsean View Post
I just read Children's Crusade... a while ago, and I would like to follow up on what happened to the Young Avengers, Scott Lang, and Scarlet Witch after that story. What should I read?
I don't think Scott or the YA have shown up yet, but we know that both will somehow factor into Marvel NOW. Both are teased to be showing up in the new Point One special book that will be spinning off into new books, with Scott confirmed to be the leader in the new FF book, and there to be being several teases of a new young heroes team of some kind, likely made up of members from several teams.

__________________
Specter313 is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 04:32 PM   #706
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang
 
KangConquers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 7,141
Default Re: The Official Stupid Question Thread: Marvel Edition - Part 3

How has Apocalypse managed to keep off of The Avengers and S.H.I.E.L.D.'s radar for so many years? Nearly every would be world conqueror winds up tussling with all major heroes/ teams eventually, but Apocalypse has managed to stay purely X-Men.

KangConquers is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 04:51 PM   #707
Jordacar
The Endless One
 
Jordacar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 5,533
Default Re: The Official Stupid Question Thread: Marvel Edition - Part 3

I would love to see Apocalypse as the main villain of the next big crossover.

Jordacar is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 05:43 PM   #708
runawayboulder
2016 NFL Pick Em CHAMP
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On the edge
Posts: 19,833
Default Re: The Official Stupid Question Thread: Marvel Edition - Part 3

En Saban Nur has been dead for quite some time. I'm not even sure how he actually died. The last time I saw him was Milligan's X-Men run when the Avengers did help the X-Men beat him. He was revealed at the end of the arc to be saved by the Celestials.

The current version is a clone kid on Uncanny X-Force that the Avengers aren't aware of......yet. It could be that catalyst of what gets Wolverine booted from the Avengers as Beast warned at the end of the Dark Angel Saga. It was Remender's story and the Beast line in particular was very foreshadowing especially what's going down in the current UXF arc. Remender may revisit that at some point on Uncanny Avengers and hopefully it will be the event where we get a classic baddie as the main villain, whether it be Genesis or Saban Nur or both.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
This is a message board...no one killed your mother or had sex with your dog.....try to move on in life.
runawayboulder is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 06:06 PM   #709
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang
 
KangConquers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 7,141
Default Re: The Official Stupid Question Thread: Marvel Edition - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
En Saban Nur has been dead for quite some time. I'm not even sure how he actually died. The last time I saw him was Milligan's X-Men run when the Avengers did help the X-Men beat him. He was revealed at the end of the arc to be saved by the Celestials.

The current version is a clone kid on Uncanny X-Force that the Avengers aren't aware of......yet. It could be that catalyst of what gets Wolverine booted from the Avengers as Beast warned at the end of the Dark Angel Saga. It was Remender's story and the Beast line in particular was very foreshadowing especially what's going down in the current UXF arc. Remender may revisit that at some point on Uncanny Avengers and hopefully it will be the event where we get a classic baddie as the main villain, whether it be Genesis or Saban Nur or both.
Yeah, Kang and Apocalypse are in Uncanny Avengers...they have a unique history themselves.

KangConquers is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 06:32 PM   #710
Havok83
Side-Kick
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 42,430
Default Re: The Official Stupid Question Thread: Marvel Edition - Part 3

I hate how Marvel seems to have forgotten about Apocalypse's return in Messiah War. The story ended with him absorbing Stryfe's life force, restoring him to his former power and he vowed to come back for Hope when she was ready. Years later, this plotline has never been touched and I always hated how UXF ignored that and went with a completely different take on Apocalypse instead of building up on what was just done with him in the previous series

Havok83 is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 07:22 PM   #711
runawayboulder
2016 NFL Pick Em CHAMP
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On the edge
Posts: 19,833
Default Re: The Official Stupid Question Thread: Marvel Edition - Part 3

Yeah but wasn't that an alternate future version in Messiah War?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
This is a message board...no one killed your mother or had sex with your dog.....try to move on in life.
runawayboulder is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 07:55 PM   #712
Specter313
Ghost of all things X
 
Specter313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 6ft. under
Posts: 36,179
Default Re: The Official Stupid Question Thread: Marvel Edition - Part 3

Yeah, it was an alternate far, far future timeline.

__________________
Specter313 is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 08:11 PM   #713
Havok83
Side-Kick
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 42,430
Default Re: The Official Stupid Question Thread: Marvel Edition - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
Yeah but wasn't that an alternate future version in Messiah War?
still seemed an important enough plot especially considering they left it off as if it was something that would come into play again. That arc also ended with Josh realizing what Hope really is and that also was forgotten and never mentioend again.

Havok83 is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #714
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!
 
Manic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Northern California
Posts: 35,960
Default Re: The Official Stupid Question Thread: Marvel Edition - Part 3

The writers of that arc are no longer writing the X-Men comics, so I could see that plot getting dropped completely. I mean, nobody's even remembered to bring back Elixir.

Manic is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 08:20 PM   #715
runawayboulder
2016 NFL Pick Em CHAMP
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On the edge
Posts: 19,833
Default Re: The Official Stupid Question Thread: Marvel Edition - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
still seemed an important enough plot especially considering they left it off as if it was something that would come into play again. That arc also ended with Josh realizing what Hope really is and that also was forgotten and never mentioend again.
I enjoyed the Messiah War story. I guess then technically En Saban Nur's last "real" appearance was the Milligan run?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
This is a message board...no one killed your mother or had sex with your dog.....try to move on in life.
runawayboulder is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 11:05 AM   #716
javi1024
DANGER ZONE!
 
javi1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Bruno, CA
Posts: 4,432
Default Re: The Official Stupid Question Thread: Marvel Edition - Part 3

Yup. Another story that could've been really good, and fell flat pretty much after takeoff.

__________________
Wolverine: "I got one. Domino or Psylocke?"

Nightcrawler: ".....British or Japanese Psylocke?"
javi1024 is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 11:07 AM   #717
javi1024
DANGER ZONE!
 
javi1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Bruno, CA
Posts: 4,432
Default Re: The Official Stupid Question Thread: Marvel Edition - Part 3

Was it ever explained how Punisher went from "Frankencastle" undead zombie guy back to regular Frank Castle/Punisher in Rucka's run?

__________________
Wolverine: "I got one. Domino or Psylocke?"

Nightcrawler: ".....British or Japanese Psylocke?"
javi1024 is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 12:48 PM   #718
Artistsean
Monkey Boy
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 7,265
Default Re: The Official Stupid Question Thread: Marvel Edition - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter313 View Post
I don't think Scott or the YA have shown up yet,
but we know that both will somehow factor into Marvel NOW. Both are teased to
be showing up in the new Point One special book that will be spinning off into new
books, with Scott confirmed to be the leader in the new FF book, and there to be
being several teases of a new young heroes team of some kind, likely made up of
members from several teams.
Thanks. That sounds great. Children's Crusade was so great that I wanted to see
where it went right after it ended. What happened to Scarlet Witch now that she has
officially returned. How about Scott? He just came back and has gone through so
much and they didn't follow up on it right away. They could have done the sequel to
Children's Crusade I think. Showed what came next for everyone involved. I still
want to see that, so I hope the Marvel Now stuff is good. Looks good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
I enjoyed the Messiah War story. I guess then
technically En Saban Nur's last "real" appearance was the Milligan run?
Didn't Apocalypse come back in Wolverine's X-Force? As a child that the team had to
kill before he became Apocalypse? And then Phantom X cloned him and he is now
one of the young mutants at Wolverine's school for mutants?

So technically there is no Apocalypse in Marvel right now, but
there is the possibility he will become the one from the future?




Last edited by Artistsean; 09-10-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Artistsean is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 01:38 PM   #719
javi1024
DANGER ZONE!
 
javi1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Bruno, CA
Posts: 4,432
Default Re: The Official Stupid Question Thread: Marvel Edition - Part 3

Deadpool found out the Clan Akkaba(?) was breeding this child to become the next Apocalpyse. I don't know if it was meant that it was specifically En Sabah Nur reincarnated or that he becomes possessed/indoctrinated later, but Fantomex kills him and then we see later that he is growing is own clone. Then Warren became the next Apocalypse through the techno-organic virus still residing in his body from when Apocalypse gave him his metal wings, and then only Fantomex's clone (Evan/Genesis) was strong enough to take on Warren so X-Force could get colse enough to use a Life Seed to kill "Arch-Apocalypse". Evan is then enrolled at the Jean Grey School but everyone knows what he is, or rather what he's meant to become, and alot of the kids are scared of him. Now the new Brotherhood has killed Fantomex and kidnapped Evan, and seems like they're trying to turn him into the next Apocalypse.

__________________
Wolverine: "I got one. Domino or Psylocke?"

Nightcrawler: ".....British or Japanese Psylocke?"

Last edited by javi1024; 09-10-2012 at 01:42 PM.
javi1024 is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 05:03 PM   #720
MMMMM...Pancakes
Cena Wins LOL
 
MMMMM...Pancakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Burbs
Posts: 8,741
Default Re: The Official Stupid Question Thread: Marvel Edition - Part 3

I want to read "Captain America: The Captain." Will I get the complete story in the graphic novel? Do I need to read anything before it?

MMMMM...Pancakes is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 05:12 PM   #721
runawayboulder
2016 NFL Pick Em CHAMP
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On the edge
Posts: 19,833
Default Re: The Official Stupid Question Thread: Marvel Edition - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by javi1024 View Post
Was it ever explained how Punisher went from "Frankencastle" undead zombie guy back to regular Frank Castle/Punisher in Rucka's run?
He gained possession of the Bloodstone gem, an Marvel relic that's been around for years. Unfortunately, it's power easily corrupts the owner, so Frank secluded himself on an island for a few months (only covered in 1 issue though) while the stone did it's mojo. His body healed to the point of being in it's prime physical condition, essentially hitting the soft reset button on the character. Remender then went to the In The Blood story before passing off to Rucka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by javi1024 View Post
Deadpool found out the Clan Akkaba(?) was breeding this child to become the next Apocalpyse. I don't know if it was meant that it was specifically En Sabah Nur reincarnated or that he becomes possessed/indoctrinated later, but Fantomex kills him and then we see later that he is growing is own clone. Then Warren became the next Apocalypse through the techno-organic virus still residing in his body from when Apocalypse gave him his metal wings, and then only Fantomex's clone (Evan/Genesis) was strong enough to take on Warren so X-Force could get colse enough to use a Life Seed to kill "Arch-Apocalypse". Evan is then enrolled at the Jean Grey School but everyone knows what he is, or rather what he's meant to become, and alot of the kids are scared of him. Now the new Brotherhood has killed Fantomex and kidnapped Evan, and seems like they're trying to turn him into the next Apocalypse.
Yup.

En Saban Nur seemingly disappeared and everyone claimed he died but he was last seen with the Celestials. I have no clue what happened to him. I guess his followers didn't either if they were cloning him and trying to raise a new version. That's why I hope he comes back and we get 2 Apocalypses trying to merge or become father/son or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMMM...Dounuts View Post
I want to read "Captain America: The Captain." Will I get the complete story in the graphic novel? Do I need to read anything before it?
It covers the entire saga from Cap 332-350 plus the Iron Man tie in.

http://www.amazon.com/Captain-Americ.../dp/0785149651

That's a lot of story for 40 bucks.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
This is a message board...no one killed your mother or had sex with your dog.....try to move on in life.
runawayboulder is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 06:06 PM   #722
ShaDynasty
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 121
Default Re: The Official Stupid Question Thread: Marvel Edition - Part 3

What is Peter Parker's involvement with Horizon Labs?

After his marriage with MJ was ended, did he go back in time (unknowningly to him)? Or did he stay the same age and the only difference was the world didnt know he was Spider-Man anymore and the marriage?

And is Spider-Men any good? Thanks.

ShaDynasty is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 06:21 PM   #723
ShaDynasty
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 121
Default Re: The Official Stupid Question Thread: Marvel Edition - Part 3

Oh, and how does McGuire know that Parker is Spider-Man at the beginning of 682? And why does Parker look different than when he did in part one of No Turning Back? Sorry for all the questions, I just started at 688.

ShaDynasty is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 06:54 PM   #724
runawayboulder
2016 NFL Pick Em CHAMP
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On the edge
Posts: 19,833
Default Re: The Official Stupid Question Thread: Marvel Edition - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
What is Peter Parker's involvement with Horizon Labs?

After his marriage with MJ was ended, did he go back in time (unknowningly to him)? Or did he stay the same age and the only difference was the world didnt know he was Spider-Man anymore and the marriage?

And is Spider-Men any good? Thanks.
He's one of their inventors.

Peter didn't go back in time. In the story One More Day, he and MJ agreed to a deal with Mephisto to save Aunt May's life in exchange for their marriage. A lot went unrevealed for 2 years then came the storyline One Moment in Time.

In that story it was revealed that Mephisto went back in time and altered history. He turned into a bird and freed a criminal that Spidey had busted in the ASM Annual Wedding Issue from 1987. When the guy got loose he altered history by causing Peter to miss his wedding and MJ breaking things off. A lot of what occurred in Spider-Man history continued as normal just without Peter and MJ being married, they were only dating instead. There were also some other minor changes.

I guess the easiest way to explain it is by comparing it to the scene in Back to the Future 2 when Doc Brown explained to Marty how the alternate timeline was created where George McFly died and Biff became a millionaire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
Oh, and how does McGuire know that Parker is Spider-Man at the beginning of 682? And why does Parker look different than when he did in part one of No Turning Back? Sorry for all the questions, I just started at 688.
I think you misread that a little bit. That wasn't Andy, that was just a narration (or Dan Slott if you want to be technical). I can see how it can be slightly confusing because in the same panel it goes right into Peter narrating.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
This is a message board...no one killed your mother or had sex with your dog.....try to move on in life.
runawayboulder is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 07:01 PM   #725
MMMMM...Pancakes
Cena Wins LOL
 
MMMMM...Pancakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Burbs
Posts: 8,741
Default Re: The Official Stupid Question Thread: Marvel Edition - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
It covers the entire saga from Cap 332-350 plus the Iron Man tie in.

http://www.amazon.com/Captain-Americ.../dp/0785149651

That's a lot of story for 40 bucks.
Thank you!

__________________
Bears--Blackhawks--Bulls--Cubs

***Wrestling Thread***

2016 SHH WWE PPV Prediction Champion
MMMMM...Pancakes is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.