The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Arrow

Old 08-03-2018, 04:03 PM   #351
batdude
Side-Kick

Default Re: Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 28

the first maybe four seasons were great. Plus, we got four more superhero shows out of it

batdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 09:19 PM   #352
Babillygunn
Tag team champion

I’d say when it was good, it was great (seasons 1,2,5, and half of 6). When it was bad it was awful (seasons 3,4 and half of 6)

Old 08-05-2018, 08:57 PM   #353
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Anyone recall why did they Green Arrow as a tv series? I remember reading it was a cheaper option than doing a Batman series (back in 2012). or maybe it was that DC allowed them to have the rights of GA.

KevTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 09:02 PM   #354
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

Basically. Smallville set up Green Arrow for a future audience and turning him into a rip off of Batman was perfect.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 09:07 PM   #355
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevTravels View Post
Anyone recall why did they Green Arrow as a tv series? I remember reading it was a cheaper option than doing a Batman series (back in 2012). or maybe it was that DC allowed them to have the rights of GA.
I thought it was that they basically wanted to do a Batman series but he wasn't available to them so they went with Green Arrow as a stand-in.

"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite
Milk Tray Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 09:09 PM   #356
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
Basically. Smallville set up Green Arrow for a future audience and turning him into a rip off of Batman was perfect.
Was there ever any talk of a Green Arrow direct spin-off series from Smallville?

"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite
Old 08-05-2018, 09:10 PM   #357
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Quote:
I figured that, but wasn't so sure. I barely knew of him besides season 6/7 of Smallville and the old Superfriends series.

Old 08-05-2018, 09:11 PM   #358
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk Tray Guy View Post
Was there ever any talk of a Green Arrow direct spin-off series from Smallville?
I wanna say Yes; I just never understood why they didn't keep the same guy from that show. He's now on "This Is Us".

Old 08-05-2018, 09:13 PM   #359
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevTravels View Post
I wanna say Yes; I just never understood why they didn't keep the same guy from that show. He's now on "This Is Us".
Okay, that's interesting.

Old 08-05-2018, 09:35 PM   #360
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

I think they wanted to go a different route with the character and Smallville already brought in so many established characters.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 09:41 PM   #361
Milk Tray Guy
70s Man of Action

Quote:
I think they wanted to go a different route with the character and Smallville already brought in so many established characters.
Oh, okay

Old 08-06-2018, 03:11 PM   #362
Teelie
Incredulous Spider-Man

I never paid a lot of attention to Smallville but I do know they set up a lot of potential spinoffs that went nowhere. Aquaman was another. They filmed a pilot for that and everything. I think Flash at one point was in consideration. And I think there was at least one more spinoff idea but obviously in the end they decided to ditch all of that and start fresh with Arrow.

Teelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 03:15 PM   #363
WhoMani
Side-Kick

Ironically Justin Hartley who played Aqauman on the pilot would later on play Green Arrow on Smallville. The interesting thing was Aquaman was supposed to be its own thing and not part of the Smallville universe. I do sometimes wonder what would have happened if Aquaman was successful.. perhaps we have gotten a Wonder Woman show.

WhoMani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 09:37 PM   #364
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Quote:
Makes sense. I remember thinking that guy was taller than Clark on the show. It was distracting sometimes since Clark was usually the biggest guy every episode.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:39 PM   #365
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teelie View Post
I never paid a lot of attention to Smallville but I do know they set up a lot of potential spinoffs that went nowhere. Aquaman was another. They filmed a pilot for that and everything. I think Flash at one point was in consideration. And I think there was at least one more spinoff idea but obviously in the end they decided to ditch all of that and start fresh with Arrow.
It's quite telling that in 10 years of Smallville, they weren't able to do a spin-off. Birds of Prey was a similar show but wasn't in the same universe. And only last half a season. Now, we have a spin-off every season being released.